• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Zek said:
If you spam the AE blast with the absolute minimum charge it hits people with miniscule stuns again and again that basically prevent them from ever doing anything.
I would also say that points abuse is the biggest issue with ice mages because they get 10 points for every opponent within the ring, regardless how big the charge is. The is why the top scorer on the leaderboard is almost always an ice mage spammer because it is practically impossible to keep up any other way.

I haven't been able to play for three days. It is seriously starting to piss me off. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drame

Great to see that the patch has entered testing!

Once again, I want to say great games yesterday, everyone played as a team and didn't start to farm with a Ice Mage, two thumbs up!

I posted this on the online meet-up thread, but as a reminder, I have some work stuff to do, so I'll be back playing Fat Princess on thrusday.
Hopefully, you guys can get games going on somehow. I'm sorry about this, but hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

Baker

Banned
autobzooty said:
Maybe instead of screwing around with GAF members vs. random matchups, we should just create smaller matches and do GAF vs. GAF. That way we can balance the teams ourselves, both sides will have more people using voice chat, and we'll have less people playing so it'll be less of a cluster fuck.

I dunno about you guys, but I'd much rather have an 8v8 GAF private game than continue dealing with match making problems, team balance problems, overly crowded games, and headsetless players.

Who's with me holla back
I like this idea.

I'm up for hosting this (or just playing) around 9 central tonight.

Is there any way to pause the timer when you create a game? I tried doing that last night but ended up playing by myself for 20 minutes because no one ever joined.

Merino

Anyone that participates in the NeoGaf games often and who still has a empty spot in their friendslist please add me (PSN: MerinoNL). Am a bit tired of matches where I feel that I'm the only one that gets the game.

Baker

Banned
Merino said:
Anyone that participates in the NeoGaf games often and who still has a empty spot in their friendslist please add me (PSN: MerinoNL). Am a bit tired of matches where I feel that I'm the only one that gets the game.
You aren't missing much. :lol

I've only been able to connect to another gaffer once. I played against Jim on a 32 player game with only 5 humans last night. It was lame (especially when the entire online component broke) but it was funny coming in 20 minutes late and being in first place after a couple minutes. Death Match is more fun than I thought it would be.

Everyone else I have on my friend list I can never connect to. I don't know if it's random or what.

Merino

Baker said:

I've only been able to connect to another gaffer once. I played against Jim on a 32 player game with only 5 humans last night. It was lame (especially when the entire online component broke) but it was funny coming in 20 minutes late and being in first place after a couple minutes. Death Match is more fun than I thought it would be.

Everyone else I have on my friend list I can never connect to. I don't know if it's random or what.
Strange as connecting to friends is the one thing that usually does work for me.

Baker said:

I could connect for the first 3 days and now I cannot connect to anyone including people on my friends list. Very disappointing.

egocrata

Banned
Funny enough, in the dreaded level six in SP I basically did nothing to win. I played worker, called from help, and with two other AI buddies focused on upgrading as fast as possible. A few minutes later the rest of my team was raiding the castle on their own, and thanks to their technological supremacy, getting the princess without needing my help.:D

jayb

i played through the SP yesterday and the trophy never popped up for me. I even made sure I watched
played
through the entire credits. :(

I was offline while playing part of it, and I didn't play through it all in one sitting. I hope I don't have to replay the entire SP to try to get the trophy.

Kimosabae said:
Can anyone recommend a rudimentary communication device? I want to talk to people, but don't want to spend a lot of money.

-Kye

Check your local target for a End War w/official headset bundle. They are on clearance for as low as $22 and change. Good luck. Awesome find if they have them.

chubigans said:
Patch turnarounds usually take a week in Sony's QA. Hopefully it'll pass the mustard. :D
The current release cut the mustard, so now I'm thinking anything can make it through Sony QA as long as it doesn't cause PS3s to melt.

jayb said:
i played through the SP yesterday and the trophy never popped up for me. I even made sure I watched
played
through the entire credits. :(

I was offline while playing part of it, and I didn't play through it all in one sitting. I hope I don't have to replay the entire SP to try to get the trophy.
I did the story on the first day of release and didn't get the trophy after completion. The multiplayer wasn't working for me at all at this time so I pretty much just said fuck it and deleted both the save file and the Fat Princess system data. An hour later, after playing through the story again, the trophy did thankfully pop up.

Maybe if you try playing a couple of online games it might appear but if not then use the method I did.

For you guys who were wondering about the rankings, they included them in an faq.

http://titanstudios.com/blog/fat-princess-faq/

Rankings are awarded as follows:

* Squire – 500-599
* Private – 600-699
* Corporal – 700-799
* Sargeant – 800-899
* Ensign – 900-999
* Lieutenant – 1000-1249
* Captain – 1250-1499
* General – 1500-1749
* Warlord – 1750-1999
* Sir (Dame) – 2000-2249
* Baron (Baroness) – 2250-2499
* Earl (Countess) -2500-2999
* Duke (Duchess) – 3000-3499
* Lord (Lady) – 3500-3999
* Prince (Princess) – 4000-4499
* King (Queen) – 4500+

Teknoman

blackMamba1187 said:
Check your local target for a End War w/official headset bundle. They are on clearance for as low as $22 and change. Good luck. Awesome find if they have them.

Either that or that old PS2 USB headset...or maybe any USB headset.

mgviperman said:
For you guys who were wondering about the rankings, they included them in an faq.

http://titanstudios.com/blog/fat-princess-faq/
Might want to include this too.
A player’s rank is calculated based on their average score over their last 10 games. As each match is completed the player’s score is automatically updated and their new rank is calculated. At preset ranking scores player’s acquire ranked titles, this starts at “Squire” for a ranking score of 500 points. Players ranking titles can go up or down, but as they are calculated over a 10 game average they should not rapidly fluctuate. Players are also protected by multiple systems, that will not save their score if they have not played for a preset % of the match, if their score is too low or if they are kicked or banned from the game.

Also in regards to the upcoming patch:
Yes, a patch is in testing even now. To be clear – this patch only addresses critical connection and lag issues....it does not address any other aspect of the game, as our priority has been to get it out as soon as possible.

Estival

I've been trying to do Gladiate mode. I finished priest, but glitched on worker and it gave me a clear. I threw a bomb at the end of wave 11 but died before it went off. The last enemy died after I did and it gave me the victory screen even though I didn't do wave 12. Can't do it with any of the other classes though - anyone having any luck in this mode?

I'm going to start playing some now. If enough people jump in the chat room we might get a game going, but for now we're just going to join a random game.

Tideas

Banned
the hunter feels almost like cheating.

All I need is myself, and a tower, and I can take out about 5 guys before dying. Sometimes, I don't even die at all.

Does the patch fix the issue that causes 3rd party controllers to not work right, because I haven;t played online since I bought it. MY pelican wont work and I can't afford new sticks right now :0

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
BobTheFork said:
Does the patch fix the issue that causes 3rd party controllers to not work right, because I haven;t played online since I bought it. MY pelican wont work and I can't afford new sticks right now :0
Guessing no. Maybe you should email them for that since I don't think something like this will go noticed with them.

Will start playing the game soon as the patch hits!

Good games GAF. Our 3 on 3 (plus bots) rescue the princess match was pretty intense. Too bad my side lost. Then we had 5 GAFers on our side with the rest randoms in a full 32 player Invasion game... in which we won every round (mgviperman couldn't join that game). Thanks mgviperman, JCX, haldalish, aprodigalson (GAF:Sye d'Burns),and jigga04 (Dre)

Invasion mode is pretty awesome as a priest. I would just hang out at a central tower healing defenders and workers, while also checking the map and calling out towers that were under attack.

BobTheFork said:

Not to be a jerk but why should Sony care if you are using an unlicensed third party controller? They only care that the official ones work since there is a reason they are considered official.

OldJadedGamer said:
Not to be a jerk but why should Sony care if you are using an unlicensed third party controller? They only care that the official ones work since there is a reason they are considered official.
Who said they should care, I just wondered if they fixed the issue.

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Posted this in the meetup thread, but I think we should start a banned players list. A person with the PSN ID banditfrog carried our princess to the other team. I reported him to host and if I see him again he will be kicked if I am hosting. I defended the princess for like 20 mins :\

Why can this happen? Is there any reason the devs would allow you to move your own princess out of the castle?

Fox1304

Estival said:
I've been trying to do Gladiate mode. I finished priest, but glitched on worker and it gave me a clear. I threw a bomb at the end of wave 11 but died before it went off. The last enemy died after I did and it gave me the victory screen even though I didn't do wave 12. Can't do it with any of the other classes though - anyone having any luck in this mode?

Can't even get past level 6 ... how do you manage to finish this hell ?

jaydogg691

I tried to see if I can find a match today and encountered a wired glitch. As I was looking to join a game, for some reason the game kicked me out to the XMB. Has anyone ever been booted to XMB while searching for a game?

Also, I tried joining a game and when the attempt failed it took me to the title screen and I got a Trophy. It was the Trophy when you are suppose to kill an enemy with as a chicken.

I hope this patch gets out ASAP.

Haven't touched it since launch. Been busy with other games, and with Turtles this week and MvsC2 out next week, kinda ensures I won't be touching it anytime soon.

They had their chance, beta as well, and they still fucked up. I'm out. This game just isn't very good and Titan have well and truly fumbled the pitch.

Dre said:
On the other hand the Ice Mage is broken and the Gunner way underpowered.

No freaking way - the Ranger in his default state will always win a 1 on 1 against the Warrior, the default Worker, the default Mage and the Priest - those arrows take off 1 and a half hearts, you can kill most classes in just 3 hits and even though the Warriors takes longer to kill it's so easy to keep backing off while shooting him - the upgraded Worker does similar damage, but even then he's far less accurate than the pinpoint accuracy of the Ranger. Then when the Ranger is upgraded he becomes the ultimate outpost defender - the shotgun blast might take a second or so to reload, but thats fine when you consider the damage it does up close. The Ranger in his default state is one of the most over-abused character classes in the game and I personally find him more frustrating to play against than the Ice Mage - try rushing the enemy at the very start of a game with a team of Rangers and you'll cause them all kinds of problems early on.

Dre

Yeah the Ranger is fine, but the upgraded version (that's what I meant with Gunner) is rather disappointing even at close range, that's one of the reason why he's my least favourite class according to the statistics screen.
When my team has collected some resources and somebody asks which class he should upgrade the response is quite often "not the Ranger!" or if someone didn't ask they often get the reply "ohhh why did you upgrade the Ranger ?". :lol

Well maybe many people suck playing as upgraded Ranger (including myself), but there are a lot of people who think that he is underpowered and don't like using him, during the beta it was the same.

malingenie said:
Why can this happen? Is there any reason the devs would allow you to move your own princess out of the castle?
You can't just pick her up any time you want. Your team has to return her when the enemy drops her, and the person who picks up the princess can take her anywhere.

Dre said:
Wait the point exploit also works with the Dark Priest ?
I never noticed, I hope they don't "fix" him, he's actually fine the way he is.
On the other hand the Ice Mage is broken and the Gunner way underpowered.
The difference is the Dark Priest's AoE Curse isn't very effective, it just makes everybody run a bit wobbly, so spamming it in a crowd doesn't keep you alive very long. I've been playing priest a lot and I almost never use it. Better to heal your own guys, try to drain an enemy, or just run away if you're on your own against a group.

I kind of agree about the upgraded ranger, perhaps a rifle/musket would have been a better second weapon than a shotgun. The spread on the shotgun is pretty useless when you're always targeting just one enemy.

Estival

Fox1304 said:
Can't even get past level 6 ... how do you manage to finish this hell ?
Priest is easy. Be dark priest and drain the enemies that your team is working on killing, and switch targets (right stick) when yours is almost dead. In between rounds, switch to healer and heal your team. As for worker, just run around and try to kill the ranged classes first. Try to jump in the water if you get set on fire to put it out. I think worker takes a bit of luck, though.

I've gotten to the last wave on warrior, but couldn't handle it.

Edeuinu

I hosted my own game last night and took a few minutes for someone to join, but once I had about 4 people in, the floodgates opened and I had a full server. It was awesome. About 3 maps then it booted us but until that time!!!... :lol

Baker

Banned
TelemachusD said:
Good games GAF. Our 3 on 3 (plus bots) rescue the princess match was pretty intense. Too bad my side lost. Then we had 5 GAFers on our side with the rest randoms in a full 32 player Invasion game... in which we won every round (mgviperman couldn't join that game). Thanks mgviperman, JCX, haldalish, aprodigalson (GAF:Sye d'Burns),and jigga04 (Dre)
I still don't really "get" the whole scoring system. I was 1st in two of the games we played but at least one of them I did nothing but farm materials. I think it's kind of lame that I "win" but you guys did all the work.

I guess that match did only last like 30 seconds. :lol It was the first one we played when the teams first got split to 3v3.

Fox1304

Estival said:
Priest is easy. Be dark priest and drain the enemies that your team is working on killing
Are we talking about the Gladiator mode that unlocks the trophy ? The one with 12 waves if I'm right ?

Sign up in the Online/Matchup Forum in the Fat Princess Thread. Then add someone (best choice is Drame of Kilgoreisdead) to your PSN Friendslist and send him a Message if they are online. They will invite you to the GAF-Chat on PSN

Tryckser said:
Sign up in the Online/Matchup Forum in the Fat Princess Thread. Then add someone (best choice is Drame of Kilgoreisdead) to your PSN Friendslist and send him a Message if they are online. They will invite you to the GAF-Chat on PSN

Thanks alot!

Baker said:
I still don't really "get" the whole scoring system. I was 1st in two of the games we played but at least one of them I did nothing but farm materials. I think it's kind of lame that I "win" but you guys did all the work.

I guess that match did only last like 30 seconds. :lol It was the first one we played when the teams first got split to 3v3.
Oops, I forgot you were there too. Dre came in after we switched to invasion.

Top Bottom