• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I just picked up the game, and I think I need to re-read the manual or something ^^.

I get the general concept, It just hasn't 'clicked' with me yet. All I end up doing is running around killing things and trying to capture outposts. I haven't tried to build or upgrade anything, I haven't tried to capture the princess or even breach the other teams walls. Mind you I've only played offline so far - but I usually do offline until I am comfy jumping in online.

Should I just jump in online and go nuts till it clicks?

PSN: Kinitari if you wanna add me.

KingCrow

Copied from titanstudio's website.

"A player’s rank is calculated based on their average score over their last 10 games. As each match is completed the player’s score is automatically updated and their new rank is calculated. At preset ranking scores player’s acquire ranked titles, this starts at “Squire” for a ranking score of 500 points. Players ranking titles can go up or down, but as they are calculated over a 10 game average they should not rapidly fluctuate. Players are also protected by multiple systems, that will not save their score if they have not played for a preset % of the match, if their score is too low or if they are kicked or banned from the game. The top 7 rankings can also have a female form if the female voice is chosen from the Get Fabulous menu.

Rankings are awarded as follows:

* Squire – 500-599
* Private – 600-699
* Corporal – 700-799
* Sargeant – 800-899
* Ensign – 900-999
* Lieutenant – 1000-1249
* Captain – 1250-1499
* General – 1500-1749
* Warlord – 1750-1999
* Sir (Dame) – 2000-2249
* Baron (Baroness) – 2250-2499
* Earl (Countess) -2500-2999
* Duke (Duchess) – 3000-3499
* Lord (Lady) – 3500-3999
* Prince (Princess) – 4000-4499
* King (Queen) – 4500+
"

poweld

Katana_Strikes said:
Don't think I'll bother playing any more until they patch this up. It's annoying.
Pretty much where I'm at, though I think I'll run through the campaign tonight. This is reminding me an awful lot of Castle Crashers.

I assume the backing of Sony means this will get fixed in < 6 months like in that situation, though.

netguy503

poweld said:
I assume the backing of Sony means this will get fixed in < 6 months like in that situation, though.

If this takes 6 months to patch I CAN'T WAIT for the backlash in this thread. Already getting my popcorn. :lol

John_B

Is this IP owned by Sony?

Would any of you rank this game in the same league with other great PSN titles such as Warhawk, Wipeout HD and Flower?

Corto

Two days in a row that I can't enter a game online. The last one that I managed to enter was a team death match and that is a total chaos...

John_B said:
Is this IP owned by Sony?

Would any of you rank this game in the same league with other great PSN titles such as Warhawk, Wipeout HD and Flower?
Yes the IP is owned by Sony. I'd also say its right up there with the best of the PSN.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Corto said:
Two days in a row that I can't enter a game online. The last one that I managed to enter was a team death match and that is a total chaos...
I managed to get one a few minutes ago. It was fun, but chaotic. My favorite class is mage. It's just too bad they can't get their shit together.

Estival

Fox1304 said:
To get the Gladiator Trophy, you have to finish the 12 waves with Every Character ? o_O
Please tell me I'm wrong !
Yep, that's correct. Really tough to do, must be the hardest trophy. Worker and priest are the easiest classes to do it with.

snack

Estival said:
Yep, that's correct. Really tough to do, must be the hardest trophy. Worker and priest are the easiest classes to do it with.

For a bronze, this trophy is not worth it at all.

Prezhulio

Jesus Christ I guess I should of headed everyones warnings. Had the game all day and haven't been able to enter one game.

I beat the campaign already and would go back to single player mode, but Jesus the ai just isn't very good. Oh well hope the patch hits soon.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If you guys are waiting for the patch to hit, try finding one or two friends and completing some of the trophies. A friend of mine just made an online game and quickly got the 88 kills trophy and the block 10 arrows trophy. I know it sucks we can't play the real game but it's much easier to get those annoying trophies in a controlled environment with all AI.

Btw, Halba's friend list is still full..I sent a request to Kilgore for an invite to the chat at least, but are there any other GAF players I could friend to get into the bigger games?

great game but damn only was able to connect online the first few days...they need to get this patch out and not pull a castle crashers on us...

ARRRRRR!
So, I still don't have the money for a new shock, so I went to Wal MArt and got a ps2 controller for $20 (already had an adapter for GH2), but just like the 3rd party controller, it wont move around properly. I think it's some kind of perma-turbo. Pressing any button basically spams it and I think it's the same for the left analog. I won't be able to play for 2 weeks until I get paid.

Drame

All right, I'll try to get GAF Game going on later today, so anyone who could host?

As always, time zones are completely unknow to me, if you are able to host later today, say
In like 7-8 hours, let me know!

Also, I know that my friend list is full, hopefully I'll be able to get couple free spots later today, but I won't quarentee anything.

Good to see that Titan Studios is making progress with the patch.
Although I would have loved ranking fix in the upcoming patch too, or the aoe scoring exploit fix, well you can't have it all.

Hopefully, we'll get games going on tonight, I'm hungry for some Fat Princess!

Drame

GAF Game in 1 HOUR

It's the time of the day, Fat Princess time with some gaffers, yay!

Although, today the games will be a little different, or should I say smaller.
As I'll be the host today the games will be limited at 8 players, but as we play perhaps some of our old host friends will log in, and volunteer to host a game for more gaffers.

Also this time there is no, go for red! As the teams are this small, we shall play 4vs4, with bots.

Like always, to join the game just click the game I'm playing and you should be good to go!

I'll post a reminder when there's only 30 minutes remaining till the game.

Hopefully, we'll get some bigger games going on too!

And like always,

Let there be cake!

Baker

Banned
Topher said:
I managed to get one a few minutes ago. It was fun, but chaotic. My favorite class is mage. It's just too bad they can't get their shit together.
I still don't understand how to use the mage at all. I mean I get the whole freeze charge thing, but their attacks are so weak I don't get the point.

Right now I pretty much just stick with worker/priest and throw in an archer every once in awhile.

Edit: I'm also up for playing after 9:00 central tonight.

Prezhulio

got into my first game finally after over 2 hrs of trying. it was deathmatch and there was 1-2 SECONDS of lag. after that game completed, tried to connect for 20 minutes and couldn't so i gave up. :/

DrXym

KingCrow said:
The top 7 rankings can also have a female form if the female voice is chosen from the Get Fabulous menu.

Rather strangely you can pick a female voice but not a female form. How come the princess looks female but the female characters don't?

Drame

T Minus 30 minutes to the first batch of GAF Games!

4vs4 with some bots, although if someone from GAF with super connection logs in and volunteers to host, we might get bigger games going!

LiquidMetal14 said:
Hosting a full 32p at about 9:30 EST U.S.

Actually, LiquidMetal14, mind if I add you on PSN, you seems to have super connection, according to the player number!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Drame said:
T Minus 30 minutes to the first batch of GAF Games!

4vs4 with some bots, although if someone from GAF with super connection logs in and volunteers to host, we might get bigger games going!

Actually, LiquidMetal14, mind if I add you on PSN, you seems to have super connection, according to the player number!
NP , I'm logged in now so shoot an invite.

Drame

GAF Game somewhat going! That means we are just chatting, and not actually playing. :lol

Well, we'll try to get the game starting soon, I promise!

leehom

I didn't have much trouble getting into a game. PLayed two matches, each was about 45 minutes. Pretty fun game except I have no idea what I'm doing. Going to play solo mode and try to learn how to play before playing online again.

If you guys are doing another online match, add my psn. Psn = leehom

Drame

GAF Game has changed host from Halba to LiquidMetal14, thanks Liquid!

Great games guys, like always.

Although few games felt pretty unfair, or they ended up as complete stalemates. :lol

OgTheClever must be the deadliest ranger I have ever seen, he's just like Robin Hood with his bow, damn!

Anyway, looking at my clock again, it's 3:23am yeesh gotta hit the bed!

But still, I'll stop for a slice of cake, before hitting the sack.

I can host 32 player games if anyone is interested, got de fios and all

Anyone else host games and barely anyone ever joins? Does this game have THAT many network problems or what?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I hosted last night for a just a friend and me so we could get trophies and ended up getting a full game of human players within a half hour. I was surprised since I'm based in Japan and figured all the network problems the game is having would not be in my favor.

Madrin

Got the game yesterday and spent a good three hours playing with a buddy. Aside from the annoying connection problems, the game is good fun. I only wish it had a little more depth to it to justify the $15 price. I think the basic concept is fun but I can see myself getting tired of it in the not-too-distant future.

My favorite class is either the priest or the worker. There is something so satisfying about draining the life out of an opponent as the dark priest and then running up and whacking them dead.

got the game for free (leeched from a friend who owed me) and I have to say I was very close to saying fuck it and turning it off.

However, last night I was able to get in a decent game with my friend and play for a while and had a shitload of fun. cant wait until it's patched.

just started a 32 player Rescue the Princess on Black Forest, i have 25/15 down/up speed with low latency so it wouldnt be a waste of time, anyone who wants to join feel free to add me and join up! Really want a game with good teamwork for once!

tag: Tyrone

I should mention I'll be hosting the game all night, so if you're having online troubles then manually join my game for a lag free kill fest with teamwork!

tag: Tyrone

LM4sure said:
so the online play is terrible? I was this close to picking it up. guess I'll wait for a patch (if it ever comes)

-I have not had any problems finding a game, played at least 30 games yesterday. (open NAT) Loading the catapult with a F-Ton of bombs and launching is the greatest thing ever.

Top Bottom