• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Nos_G

tenchir said:
Wow, it's so easy to gain points with priest.

GG tenchir, you were on top of the roster on your team and me on mine... I was priest the whole time.

:lol

GG Defensor and IJoel.

nickrempe

Neo Member
Awesome, I am going to pick this up when I get home, glad to hear that Titan was on the ball and fixed their online issues. I don't know how long I wanted for Behemoth to fix Castle Crashers, but it wasn't a week, that's for sure.

nickrempe said:
Awesome, I am going to pick this up when I get home, glad to hear that Titan was on the ball and fixed their online issues. I don't know how long I wanted for Behemoth to fix Castle Crashers, but it wasn't a week, that's for sure.

Castle Crashers wasn't first party published.

calder

Really enjoyed playing for an hour or so tonight, some great TDMs. Anyone else find it's rare to actually play matches with the princesses?

Tonight my games went back and forth the whole way, it's nice that ppl have enough practice that crushing defeats don't seem to happen as often. We had one great sequence when we were down 50-70 or so (team loses when you hit zero) and we came back strong with about 10 of us working really well in the centre of the map. 4 of us were priests and we all seemed to swap between healing and attack well, no one died for quite a while and we got a healthy lead only to lose by 5 deaths right at the end. Great match. :)

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Nos_G said:
GG tenchir, you were on top of the roster on your team and me on mine... I was priest the whole time.

:lol

GG Defensor and IJoel.
GG. Saw you, Tenchir, and Ploid in the game. You spam that priest power :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hah, nice game BobtheFork, with the showdown between evil priests. :lol

At one point our team had carried our princess back to the castle...and the blue team did the same thing with theirs at the same time. So both teams had their princesses on the throne, but no one in the cell. So back we went. :lol

calder

Stupid question: how do you kill ppl as the evil priest? It's very effective to suck energy from enemies as long as you have one other teammate there who can hit them as well, but I can't figure out if you can leech all their energy. And powering up the dark priest attack seems to do nothing.

This other shadow priest and I were locked in a big struggle sucking life from each other and we both died suddenly, no one else around but I didn't know what happened. :lol I've tried to kill other ppl solo and nothing, I can get them down to almost dead but unless I run up and whap them upside the head with my staff I can't kill them, I must be missing something.

Rorschach

calder said:
Stupid question: how do you kill ppl as the evil priest? It's very effective to suck energy from enemies as long as you have one other teammate there who can hit them as well, but I can't figure out if you can leech all their energy. And powering up the dark priest attack seems to do nothing.
Bonk 'em on the head with melee. Requires a bit of chasing. :(

Fat Princess is one of the best games on PSN...WHEN people use their headsets. When no one is talking it's really dull and boring. :(

Titan should add a feature that allows people using headsets to get in matches together...like a bottom priority thing that prefers matches with other people using headsets IF you yourself have a headset. Seriously, I'm tired of playing with people who might as well just be bots. :mad:

Alex

Priest will be first to be nerfed, that's for sure. 90% of the people on my team are Priests.

Push forward, cap the tower by their base, sit in it as a Shadow Priest draining all their HP and letting your team mates finish them off and swap to heal when needed. You get an amazing forward base and no one can stop you.

What they should do:

Remove the self-healing from the Shadow Priest, and let the attack apply a snare too, just go the whole way when copying Mind Flay!

Then change the AoE heal on the Holy Priest so it heals yourself too.

An easy way to stop people from just looking to boost their own score at the expense of the team is to give a massive bonus to the winning team.

Blablurn

the only thing that sucks is the fact that most games are way to long . i don't want do quit the match but it sucks when you played for 20 minutes and no victory is in sight.

Dre

Bearillusion said:
An easy way to stop people from just looking to boost their own score at the expense of the team is to give a massive bonus to the winning team.
They already kinda do that, 250 points for a win and 1000 points for a quick win (under 5min I think).
But it could (maybe even should) be more, I'll give you that, it's a game highly focused on teamwork after all.

Blablurn said:
the only thing that sucks is the fact that most games are way to long . i don't want do quit the match but it sucks when you played for 20 minutes and no victory is in sight.
That's a sign you're doing it wrong. Is your castle constantly raided by groups of enemies, are you doing the same? If not you're doing it wrong. ;)

Stealth edit: Except on that god damn pirate ship which is too simple a map for 32 players.

The game is working great now. I won 4 matches in a row as opposed to before when my win/loss record was 0-7... so now it's 4-7. My kill:death ratio went from about 70-40 to 180-70. I have corporal in front of my name, whatever that means.

noah111

Still Alive
Great patch, though I think the ranking system needs to also be adjusted now that the exploits are gone.. people used to be getting several thousand points per game quite easily, and since the ranking system is based on your overall score of your last 10 games, many people's ranks are going to slowly start dropping. Hell I was a Baron now i'm a General/Sir again. :lol

I posted a comment on the blog, basically they should base the points given when you curse someone with the priest or freeze someone with the mage, based on how strong that power-up was. A full circled star for the priest (which takes a while to power up) should give you more points than powering it up for half a second.. perhaps 2 points for anything less than half of a full power-up, and 5-7 points for above half or full power-up. It just makes more sense as it also affects the enemy much greater. Delivering resources as a non-worker should also give you more than 10 points, 15 would be right IMO.

Overall after playing the game for at least a full 24 hours (last time I checked) it's definitely worth it, too all those who were complaining, as I said then it would be fixed and it has been.

Fuckin' ace game. :D

Dreavus

I played a few rounds under the new patch where I could actually join a game. Both of them on Blackforest, and both of them had the enemy team doing worker bullshit right at the start. They just scampered all over our base building ladders and jump pads and constantly took our princess until they eventually got away without being killed. There was also a bit of lag too which makes things worse.

How are you supposed to defend against that? It's hard to feed her when she's constantly being taken and the entire team seems to be permanently outside of our doors. They weren't even really working as a team, just a bunch of suicidal workers constantly grabbing at our prisoner. It was kind of stupid and we lost both games to this.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing yet. =/ Also, I need to get my headset fixed.

noah111

Still Alive
Dreavus said:
I played a few rounds under the new patch where I could actually join a game. Both of them on Blackforest, and both of them had the enemy team doing worker bullshit right at the start. They just scampered all over our base building ladders and jump pads and constantly took our princess until they eventually got away without being killed. There was also a bit of lag too which makes things worse.

How are you supposed to defend against that? It's hard to feed her when she's constantly being taken and the entire team seems to be permanently outside of our doors. They weren't even really working as a team, just a bunch of suicidal workers constantly grabbing at our prisoner. It was kind of stupid and we lost both games to this.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing yet. =/ Also, I need to get my headset fixed.
It's easy if you're working as a team, first of all you don't let them build too much, constantly mega-bomb that shit (they help a lot), secondly workers are quite easy to kill off so unless they were coupled with some warriors and whatnot then it shouldn't be too hard (if you're working collectively) to wipe em out. How early was it in the game? A huge mistake that's usually made is assuming someone else one your team will feed the princess, so the first thing you should do along with collecting resources is feed her, if not you're pretty much open for an early rush attack. Also, if they were getting away via that water tunnel, you can repair it as a worker quite quickly.

The game is really, really balanced imho, but if you aren't working as a team and the other team is coordinating well, you're screwed.

What I love about this game is that there are sooo many different tactics when you are with friends/have mics, then you can coordinate some really awesome stuff. Me and some mates usually go in doubles, a draining priest with a ranger is incredibly effective. One guy drain their health (easy) and the other just targets on them from afar. Two mages together is also great, one freezes one burns, it becomes this sort of balance between having enough time to charge up your attack enough to kill multiple enemies.

Great game, it's so unfortunate that there isn't a clan system, this would have been great on gamebattles.

autobzooty said:
Fat Princess is one of the best games on PSN...WHEN people use their headsets. When no one is talking it's really dull and boring. :(

Titan should add a feature that allows people using headsets to get in matches together...like a bottom priority thing that prefers matches with other people using headsets IF you yourself have a headset. Seriously, I'm tired of playing with people who might as well just be bots. :mad:

This. How am I supposed to coordinate an attack to get the princess if I cant talk with anyone. It's days like this I curse sony for not including a headset in every PS3.

Dre

Rocky Road must be the worst map to play Capture The Princess on, not only because the castles are way apart but the wooden doors in the middle (if you even reach them lol) make it extremely difficult to get the princess back home.
And the elevator seems buggy, whenever someone attempts to rescue the fat princess by using it, she falls down again, you have to go through the front door.

KingHenrik30 said:
This. How am I supposed to coordinate an attack to get the princess if I cant talk with anyone. It's days like this I curse sony for not including a headset in every PS3.

Uh...buy a used USB PS2 SOCOM headset for $9 at Gamestop.

Since the PS3 can use any old USB headset, you really don't have an excuse not to have one.

Swift work on getting the patch out I must say, even though it's only for US PSN currently. The connectivity problems is the reason I havn't bought the game yet. Will await some more feedback and then log on to my US account and make a purchase.

Fat Princess is not tied to your PSN account right?
I can buy using my US account and install/play the patched game on my EU account on the same PS3?

Pristine_Condition said:
Uh...buy a used USB PS2 SOCOM headset for $9 at Gamestop.

Since the PS3 can use any old USB headset, you really don't have an excuse not to have one.

I have a headset, other people dont

Barto

Neo Member
Shame Sony Europe have yet again fallen behind with patch testing, I understand there are more languages in Europe but they really need to sort this out.

I can't help but picture the Sony Europe testing team clocking off at 11-3 for a freakin siesta!!

On a serious note though there are far too many territories covered by Sony Europe, this should be shared out among the group or else Europe will suffer every single time!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
unrenowned said:
I can buy using my US account and install/play the patched game on my EU account on the same PS3?
I just tried it and it works.

I bought it on my US account, and use that one for my main account. (So I got the 1.02 patch.)
But using my UK account I can still play it, (Online also works.)

Frawdder

euro stalker said:
any word on then in the pal region ?
Next week I believe

Annoying for us Australians that we have to wait for Sony Europe to do whatever they do, just give us the American patch it can't be that different, can it?

elohel

quick question, why did Titan Studios or w/e decide to use the unreal 3 engine?

it is unreal 3 right?

doesn't seem that well suited for this kind of thing

Top Bottom