• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I got the last gold medal I need, just 40 more bronze and the shop is cleared of mats. But I might get 100 more silvers to get another nightless rose just to have a maxed out one, I dunno. For now any AP I get is going to berserker monuments.

And I did it! After some time wondering about waifu rules and duties I've completed my task:

But she needs feathers for second ascension, and I only have 8 for Altria's, so that's gonna have to wait

nefqwqyqorcz.png

My waifu collection is shaping up well in the early going.

Best comment ever over on r/grandorder

That thread can be found here, and people are continuing it now. It's amazing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6qwle0/limited_waifu_works/

Articalys

Just wait for the events that have monuments in the shop

Next two events will have 20 monuments in shop. Pieces too.

The farming for older mats like monuments gets phased out really quickly. They pretty much start dropping like candy. I wouldn't worry too much to be honest.
Well... shit. That's 100AP wasted, I guess.

----------------------------

Grand Finals went better than I thought it would. Front line was Jeanne w/Def+, Lancelot w/Imaginary Element, and support Waver with the same, with Archer, Lily, and Herc as the backup. Though there were a number of tactical errors on my part, I managed to get to Nero in fairly good shape thanks to some crits (including offing Herc before he could make a single move) and from there it was mostly attrition, including timing Jeanne's NP to block Nero's first use of her own NP, and a final crit just in time to stop her from using it a second time with no protection set up.

Guess I'll just stick back to XP quests for now...

Well, that ended up being anti-climactic.

I had Herc out when Nero popped out at the end of the final mission, with Nine Lives charged. This wasn't really according to plan, since Herc was actually in the front line and I figured someone might wreck his face before I reached the point where Nero came. But it turns out his evade and Guts are enough to see him through random waves as long as he has a tiny bit of luck.

Herc with popped self-buff, Nine Lives + 2 Buster cards for a Buster NP chain evaporated Nero from full HP to zero before she even got a turn. I'm okay with this, I didn't have to put up with NPC-spam Imperial Privilege.

Event done, now all I need is millions of ascension mats ;_;

Grazzt

I gave up and just went to farm normal dailies instead for EXP cards/Monuments.
I still need one more to fully ascend Gil OR Herc, or 5 more for both of them...
But yeah, I also need tons of lancer, archer, caster and berserker monuments.

Articalys

When CEs read: "Increase Buster/Arts/Quick card by X%" does that just mean it increases the damage of those cards?
Anything that increases "effectiveness" boosts all the properties of that card, so for Arts cards it boosts both NP gain and damage dealt. Similarly, a CE that boost effectiveness for Quick would boost damage, NP, and stars from those cards.
I should just keep this handy in a text file to copy/paste on demand.

edit: though, to note, there are apparently some CEs later on that only boost damage from a specific card type, but they also explicitly state so.

When CEs read: "Increase Buster/Arts/Quick card by X%" does that just mean it increases the damage of those cards?

NP cards are still cards. Also it makes the effect of the card stronger, so increasing Arts card also increases NP gain plus if the NP is Arts it makes the NP stronger. This is why people put Formal Craft on Vlad for example.

chrono01

Whew! I received one Serpent Jewel as a drop, all I needed to ascend Gilgamesh, in my last 20AP run of the day. I still need one (ONE!) silver Archer piece and then I'll be able to do it, which I'll get easily during the next event (as well as gold Archer pieces, of which I need many). I hope to have enough to ascend him a third time when it hits, but that depends on how many monuments I can farm between now and then. At least I'm good on Dragon Scales.

I'm now (officially) done with the event. I might farm a few more silver medals, since I'm something like 30 short of getting a second CE (got the first as a drop), but aside from that I guess it's back to dailies for me (i.e., Mana Prism-farming, and the occasional monument run).

Grazzt

Whew! I received one Serpent Jewel as a drop, all I needed to ascend Gilgamesh, in my last 20AP run of the day. I still need one (ONE!) silver Archer piece and then I'll be able to do it, which I'll get easily during the next event (as well as gold Archer pieces, of which I need many). I hope to have enough to ascend him a third time when it hits, but that depends on how many monuments I can farm between now and then. At least I'm good on Dragon Scales.

I'm now (officially) done with the event. I might farm a few more silver medals, since I'm something like 30 short of getting a second CE (got the first as a drop), but aside from that I guess it's back to dailies for me (i.e., Mana Prism-farming, and the occasional monument run).
Archer piece is super easy to get from duel with three knights daily. You don't have to wait till next event.

Kenai

Farm the 40 ap one. If you are lucky you can get 20-30 gold medals per run.

This was a solid tip, definitely more bang for my ap buck. Thanks!

Gonna try to get that last monument for Vlad before the daily is over, then just grind exp cards for a few days. We should know Orion's date soon I imagine.

chrono01

Archer piece is super easy to get from duel with three knights daily. You don't have to wait till next event.
Yeah, I spent my AP on it today (before it ended) and got something like 4 pieces. It probably would have been more, but Saber kept appearing as the boss. :/

Here's hoping next time it comes around I can get that last piece without too much trouble.

Moonlight

Banned
Going to die of thirst waiting for the Three Knights dailies to come back. Have almost everything in place to get Altera to max level except for that. orz

I'm not sure it is worth it to farm Saber monuments for Altera's last ascension. 12 is just too much. I might just wait for the Halloween event.

Zafir

Still not had a single CE drop.

I think I'm going to have to farm more silver medals so I can get one copy from the shop.

Mupod

I can't get a berserker monument to drop to save my damn life, just Marie and Camilla every time. I can fully ascend St. George now if I wanted to, although if I did so I'd lock myself out of Vlad because they both use pages.

elty

A snake eye drop

OMG

Ascend Gil to 70.

Thinking of ascending him to 80 - is the dragon scale used by other notable servant?

kewlmyc

Finally got enough pieces to 3rd ascend my Tamako Cat, only to realize that the Chaos Talons I used on her are also needed by Altera for 3rd Ascension, which is way more useful to me. DAMMIT.

Hopefully they're easily obtainable again soon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A snake eye drop

OMG

Ascend Gil to 70.

Thinking of ascending him to 80 - is the dragon scale used by other notable servant?

You dare ascend another servant ahead of Gil?!

Likewise. I have Tamamo, Herc, and Lancelot. Herc will have to get priority.

I have those same three. I'm just working on Lancelot for now, since he's my favorite character. Herc next, because he's the bestest, and then finally Tam.

In terms of current content, Lancelot is actually the most useful simply the waveclear is so good against the trash mobs you'll be facing most of the time. Plus the Stargen from his NP ensures you have 2 turns of crazy DPS as opposed to Tamacat who stuns herself.

Herc will be more useful later on when people finally grind up his Bond CE and boss fights become more difficult/engaging, so his Ascensions can afford to wait.

Pejo

Got everything from the event store except a few of those bronze rewards. I'll run the 5AP a few times to see if I can knock them out. Not even trying to get any actual drops anymore from this event with the shit-tier rates. On the 30AP dragon stage, I put at least 6 total AP bars (100+ AP per bar) and only got one chest to drop, which was an xp card. I'm done throwing time away at that thing for a damn wing.

Farmed the daily enough to get the last silver berserker piece I needed, though. Vlad is clear all the way up to 70. I need to farm the XP daily badly. Right now I have

Cu lv 50/60
Gil lv 70/80
Altera lv 70/80
Vlad lv 60/70

How soon is the next even after this one ends?

Mupod

oh wut a berserker monument dropped from a shadow servant. I'd never seen that, gold chests are always void dust...I have so much void dust.

just need one more (well, for now), I guess I'll be able to try a couple times tonight. I have very little left to buy from the event shop.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In terms of current content, Lancelot is actually the most useful simply the waveclear is so good against the trash mobs you'll be facing most of the time. Plus the Stargen from his NP ensures you have 2 turns of crazy DPS as opposed to Tamacat who stuns herself.

Herc will be more useful later on when people finally grind up his Bond CE and boss fights become more difficult/engaging, so his Ascensions can afford to wait.

Right now I use Altria and Emiya for AoE NPs, so Herc's really my only major single target NP, hence my prioritization.

I have both Altria and Herc at bond 6, Emiya not too far behind. The slow grind to bond 10 continues!

Is there any point to upgrade the NP for 3* Servants (have duplicates of them) if I don't really intend to ever use them? Better to burn them for prism right?

Azusa

Oh does that only apply to 3* servants or all servants?
Here is few events that we will have in the nearest future:

GUDAGUDA Honnouji event
Servants with bonuses: EMIYA, Cu Chulainn, Medusa, Mephistopheles, Ushiwakamaru, Benkei

Christmas event
Servants with bonuses: Marie Antoinette, St. Martha, David, Robin Hood, Jing Ke, Caesar, Darius III, The Phantom of the Opera

Saber Wars
Servants with bonuses: Saber Lily, Nero, Artoria Alter, Artoria, Altera, Mordred, Okita Souji, Siegfried, Chevalier d'Eon, Fergus mac Roich, Gilles de Rais (Saber), Caesar

Also for example summer event has 5 types of event materials and each class boost one specific material drop (+1) so you will want to have five full party of one particular class to get the maximum drops per run. Of course its all optional and you can use whatever you want and just do a bit more runs.

But I must say that you will use 3* anyway. Now the game is easy but later you will want to have at least some good 3* for events and main story.

Hubb

But I must say that you will use 3* anyway. Now the game is easy but later you will want to have at least some good 3* for events and main story.

Do you actually have to use them for the bonus, or can they be sub members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom