• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzt

Finally got another scale, I think I'm done with Nerofest, during which a total of 6 claws, 5 crystals, 2 snake eye jewels and 4 scales dropped.
Next event will be one week later I guess?

Kenai

Thanks, that makes things a lot easier/faster.

You can even use support characters for the bonuses too. Some of the holidays also have specific CEs that add bonuses too, so combining the CE with the right character makes mat farming much, much more efficient (and makes you want to wait til the holiday is over to combine)

Finally got another scale, I think I'm done with Nerofest, during which a total of 6 claws, 5 crystals, 2 snake eye jewels and 4 scales dropped.
Next event will be one week later I guess?

We will probably know something by Tuesday if not sooner. I am guessing once they update the game to get rid of the Nero event we will know around then.

What's the deal with last command spell ? I can't use it when any member of my team is standing and when everyone dies it only gives me option to resurrect them with quartz ?

Here is few events that we will have in the nearest future:

GUDAGUDA Honnouji event
Servants with bonuses: EMIYA, Cu Chulainn, Medusa, Mephistopheles, Ushiwakamaru, Benkei

Christmas event
Servants with bonuses: Marie Antoinette, St. Martha, David, Robin Hood, Jing Ke, Caesar, Darius III, The Phantom of the Opera

Saber Wars
Servants with bonuses: Saber Lily, Nero, Artoria Alter, Artoria, Altera, Mordred, Okita Souji, Siegfried, Chevalier d'Eon, Fergus mac Roich, Gilles de Rais (Saber), Caesar

Also for example summer event has 5 types of event materials and each class boost one specific material drop (+1) so you will want to have five full party of one particular class to get the maximum drops per run. Of course its all optional and you can use whatever you want and just do a bit more runs.

But I must say that you will use 3* anyway. Now the game is easy but later you will want to have at least some good 3* for events and main story.

Ah I understand. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Kenai

Hmmm...maybe starting the moon goddess event after the startup campaign? I'd love it if they'd shove a lot of free sq in between events!

I need exp cards pretty bad. Vlad is 73, Carmilla is 62, and my cards are tapped out. Gonna farm all week and get them capped/refill my bank.

Sherlock looking at things is probably going to become a meme

"A-cup, hmmm?"
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6qfq3f/acuphmmm/
ys21w5jazncz.jpg

"Hmmm, impressive bulge"
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6r387p/hmmm_impressive_bulge/

Mupod

I'm gonna plow through as much story and interlude stuff as I can.

Hmmm...maybe starting the moon goddess event after the startup campaign? I'd love it if they'd shove a lot of free sq in between events!

I need exp cards pretty bad. Vlad is 73, Carmilla is 62, and my cards are tapped out. Gonna farm all week and get them capped/refill my bank.

if you mean the start dash campaign that's been in since the start. We've already gotten all the free SQ from that sadly.

elty

I thought the monster hunting was horrible, but after the Nero event - 1 mat per 300-1200 AP - is it actually worth doing?

edit: is the regular lancer Cu good candidate to ascend? Given that there isn't many 4/5* lancer. Takes claw of chaos though...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I thought the monster hunting was horrible, but after the Nero event - 1 mat per 300-1200 AP - is it actually worth doing?

edit: is the regular lancer Cu good candidate to ascend? Given that there isn't many 4/5* lancer. Takes claw of chaos though...

Cu (non-proto) is one of the best characters in the game, and probably the best lancer. His stats are decent enough, and he is nearly impossible to kill. Cu and Herc are the two biggest examples of down-ranked characters in terms of stars.

kewlmyc

Between Avoid Arrows and Guts, he's nearly impossible to kill (the AI makes this painfully clear). He's great and better than most 4* lancers to my knowledge.

Prototype Cu isn't too shabby either but he doesn't compare to FSN Cu. Whereas one is more situational (that beast killing buff), the other is a slithery snake that just won't die if you happen to trigger the skills he has at the right time. It boggles my mind that he is a 3* tbh.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm sure most people are cool with a break after NeroFest, but I don't got much to do beyond going into full AP dailies to level up servants that won't see much use or hope for monument drops I won't ever see, neither of which I'm pumped for.

Sure hope we get something new going a week from now.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Paul_Bunyan

Ahh seeing this makes me laugh. Though everyone knew Paul Bunyun would be a female, 'him' being a loli too is only a slight surprise.

Damn, those skills are actually pretty solid.

Pejo

Prototype Cu isn't too shabby either but he doesn't compare to FSN Cu. Whereas one is more situational (that beast killing buff), the other is a slithery snake that just won't die if you happen to trigger the skills he has at the right time. It boggles my mind that he is a 3* tbh.

At first, it bummed me out that one of my favorite characters from the Fate universe was 3*, but then I thought about it, and it's not so bad.

-I already have him at NP5
-I already have him at 3rd ascension
-He only has 7 cost

It actually works out better this way. I'm already set on grailing him once I max him out, to give him that shiny gold border like he deserves.

Also, I'm still going to throw all my quartz at Cu Alter.

I finally ascended St. Martha, now I'm just missing 9 monuments for her last ascension. I spent all of my XP cards during Nerofest levelling up my Servants and getting their quartz.

So now I'm grinding for monuments (which can't be done today) and XP cards.
And I still need 1 more Heart to ascend Medea to her final stage too.

A guy on stream just blew 4000+ (that's four thousand) Quartz in an attempt to get Nightingale.

I'm pretty sure he was full on crying by the end of that ordeal.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know who this Nightingale is, but I hope that he/she is the best character in the game times 10.

4000 is... unfortunate.

kewlmyc

A guy on stream just blew 4000+ (that's four thousand) Quartz in an attempt to get Nightingale.

I'm pretty sure he was full on crying by the end of that ordeal.

Weird. I'd understand if it was on one of the busted/broken characters like Merlin or Jeanne Alter, but Nightingale is an odd choice to go Wailord on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Is there a JP gacha pull simulator to see how often people can get that servant with less than 4000 quartz?

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Right now in JP the rate-up is cycling daily through all the past story chapters.
Ah. I searched it up on the wiki and it looks like Sherlock's rated up every day. And even when divided by chapters, there's multiple SSRs on top of Sherlock. Not the best odds, but still, over 1000 summons. My god.

Qurupeke

Two feathers casually doing the 30 AP event quest today. I almost feel bad for spending all those apples on the Nerofest...

Articalys

The real hell from the thread title is constantly making small strategic mistakes that drag on battles for several minutes longer than necessary.

chrono01

On the subject of whaling, besides Gilgamesh (and Okita Souji), which of the upcoming Servants are limited and don't appear in the standard gacha (as well as guaranteed summons, when they do occur)?

The reason I ask is because I was tempted to save for Jack in December, but from what I've read she's not limited, and is actually one of two Servants I can pull (if I choose the Assassin type) during the One Year Anniversary 5* Guarantee, the other being Jeanne d'Arc (who I also wouldn't mind having). I believe Jeanne Alter is limited, and I'm quite positive Merlin is, as well. If that's the case, I might start saving for Jeanne Alter, and hope I pull Jack in the guarantee (assuming the Global version gets the same offers Japan did).

(I want to say that I'll save for Jeanne Alter, but once Mordred hits...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom