• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The reason I ask is because I was tempted to save for Jack in December, but from what I've read she's not limited, and is actually one of two Servants I can pull (if I choose the Assassin type) during the One Year Anniversary 5* Guarantee

I thought that was a random pull from a pool of about ten-ish servants of various classes. The later guaranteed SSR events divide them by class.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you here.

I thought that was a random pull from a pool of about ten-ish servants of various classes. The later guaranteed SSR events divide them by class.

The first new year paid gacha was one pool because there weren't multiple options for every class yet.

The first anniversary paid gacha was separated into two pools, each with half the classes.

What was described above was the second new year paid gacha.

chrono01

The New Year pull is random, but the One Year Anniversary breaks them into classes that you can pull from. Since there will only be one Ruler (Jeanne) and Assassin (Jack) at that point in-time, they'll be put together in the Assassin class, so you're guaranteed to pull one of the two if you pull from that type.

Edit: Wait, unless I'm wrong? I heard on Reddit that Jack/Jeanne were together in the One Year Anniversary, but I could be misremembering things.

Articalys

I really hope that fixing the dialogue branching is somewhere in their pipeline. Though I'm starting to get worried that they're going to be so focused on translating new chapters and events that they're never going to get around to fixing all the glaringly obvious errors that already exist...

I really hope that fixing the dialogue branching is somewhere in their pipeline. Though I'm starting to get worried that they're going to be so focused on translating new chapters and events that they're never going to get around to fixing all the glaringly obvious errors that already exist...

I figure as long as they're taking feedback and as long as people will highlight it, it will be in their sights and somewhere in their priorities to fix it.

... Maybe that's just my internal optimism. >_>

I sure am liking this downtime after Nero Fest. Just the dailies and the interludes I unlocked so I can collect Mana Prisms and Saint Quartz. But that one comic was true, getting a desired 4* or 5* is only the start of the battle. The real hell is leveling them up and ascending them. ;;>_>

The free gems you get for completing the tutorial... that's only new players right? It's not retroactive?

The Start Dash Campaign is not new, it's been there since launch. You, me, everyone here already got that free quartz weeks ago.

But if you're worried about retroactivity: in Japan the game just got updated for the second anniversary to give 10 free quartz for completing every story chapter, not just the tutorial. And that was made retroactive for every player.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I don't see why they'd never getting around to fixing errors.

The first new year paid gacha was one pool because there weren't multiple options for every class yet.

The first anniversary paid gacha was separated into two pools, each with half the classes.

What was described above was the second new year paid gacha.

I see.

Moonlight

Banned
I guess there really is no accounting for taste in waifus. Nightingale is a pretty low tier waifu if you ask me and $4,000 worth of quartz seems insane even for a top tier waifu.
I mean, I wouldn't roll for her, but Nightengale is pretty cool in my book.

She looks way better in her anniversary CE art/design than her actual art though.

Articalys

The 2nd anniversary CEs are probably among the most evil things DW has ever done.

"Here are 47 cool new illustrations. Now pick one you get to keep and the rest are lost forever."

When it rolls around in EN an eternity from now, I'm probably just going to pick Mash.

Laiza

I can't understand why anyone ever seriously entertains the idea of ever obtaining any specific 5* servant.

These rates are hilariously stacked against you, even for 4*s. A 5* is very clearly a "nice to have if you get lucky, don't bother otherwise" deal. I'm saving my tickets and quartz for 4*s I like, but even then I'm not actually convinced I'll get lucky enough to roll them, at least not the first time around. The simulators made that clear enough to me.

Even the "guaranteed" special summonings are stacked against you - if you want one specific servant out of a list of ten... yeah. Not happening.

Just my 2c on the matter.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Paul_Bunyan

Ahh seeing this makes me laugh. Though everyone knew Paul Bunyun would be a female, 'him' being a loli too is only a slight surprise.
Her attack animations are totally amazing. That being said, I gotta admit that her falling down extra attack kind of annoys me because it totally looks like it should be AoE. On the other hand, can't really complain too much because it's not the only attack that's like that.

As far as "welfare servants" go, she's one of the best in the game, and not just because she's cute and funny. Amazing how a 1* servant can have skills and a NP that useful.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rolled on Altera during NeroFes, got Altera.

Just gotta believe.

Kenai

The 2nd anniversary CEs are probably among the most evil things DW has ever done.

"Here are 47 cool new illustrations. Now pick one you get to keep and the rest are lost forever."

When it rolls around in EN an eternity from now, I'm probably just going to pick Mash.

I was sad both Iskandar and Cleopatra didn't make the cut, those are my two faves.

I dunno who to pick out of what's there. Vlad and Marie both look pretty classy but a lot of them look nice.

I can't understand why anyone ever seriously entertains the idea of ever obtaining any specific 5* servant.

These rates are hilariously stacked against you, even for 4*s. A 5* is very clearly a "nice to have if you get lucky, don't bother otherwise" deal. I'm saving my tickets and quartz for 4*s I like, but even then I'm not actually convinced I'll get lucky enough to roll them, at least not the first time around. The simulators made that clear enough to me.

Even the "guaranteed" special summonings are stacked against you - if you want one specific servant out of a list of ten... yeah. Not happening.

Just my 2c on the matter.

It's all about praying to various deities of convenience + saving quartz. I may not get Iskandar or Cleopatra, but I can damn well say I put in effort towards saving for em. I won't complain (much), I already have 3 5* and 3 4* servants without spending a dime (yet)

Pejo

Man, why do I always get Super Succ at the VERY end of maxing out a character on the last upgrade. Such a waste.

What's the next banner we get? I keep seeing the word Dango or something thrown around, but what's the banner look like? I managed to stay strong and not pull at all on Nero banner, but these quartz are burning a hole in my pocket.

*Edit* - Just happened again:

zGBmujn.png

Man, why do I always get Super Succ at the VERY end of maxing out a character on the last upgrade. Such a waste.

What's the next banner we get? I keep seeing the word Dango or something thrown around, but what's the banner look like? I managed to stay strong and not pull at all on Nero banner, but these quartz are burning a hole in my pocket.

We might get the FSN banner that was skipped so far. As you might have guessed it's a rateup on all the initial FSN Servants.

The Moon Goddess event introduces Orion, a SSR archer on the rateup, and also has Marie as the SR rateup if that's your jam.

After that we're getting Kintoki rateup, an SSR Berseker, with Saber Alter as the SR rateup on the same banner.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
We might get the FSN banner that was skipped so far. As you might have guessed it's a rateup on all the initial FSN Servants.

The Moon Goddess event introduces Orion, a SSR archer on the rateup, and also has Marie as the SR rateup if that's your jam.

After that we're getting Kintoki rateup, an SSR Berseker, with Saber Alter as the SR rateup on the same banner.

woot... sounds like I'm able to save my SQ (and money) for a while.

x-Lundz-x

Still haven't been able to find enough mats to get my Altera to 70, just going around right now with my AP collecting free quests quartz :(.

Is there any reason to stock up on Friend Points? The FP Gatcha can be useful for burning silvers and the occasional Fous so currently I'm using them all up.

Blue-kun

Please give apologems, also give Apples if possible, I'd like to run as many runs of tomorrow's dailies as possible. Need A TON of Saber Monuments <_>

Is there any reason to stock up on Friend Points? The FP Gatcha can be useful for burning silvers and the occasional Fous so currently I'm using them all up.
Not really afaik. It's not like when you do a 10 roll with Quartz that gives you higher chances to get stuff. Just roll your FPs whenever you feel like it

Eventually there will be events with time-limited CEs that help you boost event item drops if you get them during the event.

I think any event CEs that are 3* will be added to the FP gacha during the event. Not sure when this will start happening though.

Mupod

We're probably going to be getting some apologems:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2017/170804_issue_startdashcampaign/

Total Login bonus that it's referring to: http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Login_Rewards

I didn't get my 40-total login bonus.

I'm...pretty sure I got mine? I didn't really pay much attention to quartz income early on, and I've spent none of it. I've got around 210 but I have many more free quests and interludes to do.

I wonder how many reports they got from people claiming they weren't getting the bonus, came from folks confused that this is something that's been in since day 1. It was just buried under all the other events and announcements. Once nero fest went away it showed up front and center on the home screen, even I was confused at first since I thought they were running it again.

Max NP all 1* and 2* servants, then hoard FP for event CEs.

That's my plan anyway.

the FP summon is my only source of new servants and CE leveling mats so I've been using it as I get points. I still need lots of Cu Chulainn, Medea, and Medusa. But yeah I didn't know about event CEs, maybe I should save up.

I wonder how many reports they got from people claiming they weren't getting the bonus, came from folks confused that this is something that's been in since day 1. It was just buried under all the other events and announcements. Once nero fest went away it showed up front and center on the home screen, even I was confused at first since I thought they were running it again.

It's not that, it's the bonus quartz for logging in 30/40/50 days in total.

Mupod

It's not that, it's the bonus quartz for logging in 30/40/50 days in total.

oh, THAT.

yeah I didn't get shit and today's my 40th login. Checked the 'recent history' in my mailbox to be sure. It was confusing because the start dash banner mentions 40 free quartz.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
the FP summon is my only source of new servants and CE leveling mats so I've been using it as I get points. I still need lots of Cu Chulainn, Medea, and Medusa. But yeah I didn't know about event CEs, maybe I should save up.

Getting a 3* drop from the FP pool is like in-between the rate of getting a 4* and 5* in the quartz pool I think?

You can play with a simulator here:

https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/friend-points-summon-simulator

I just tried 50 pulls and got 5 3*s, 3 of them within like the last 5 pulls before I stopped.

Mupod

Getting a 3* drop from the FP pool is like in-between the rate of getting a 4* and 5* in the quartz pool I think?

You can play with a simulator here:

https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/friend-points-summon-simulator

I just tried 50 pulls and got 5 3*s, 3 of them within like the last 5 pulls before I stopped.

I got my first Medea like a week or so ago and it was funny how hype I was for that, lol. I have to get that gacha fix somewhere.

I actually have found every FP servant except Mephistopheles, I don't want him anyways. But I've found 6 Boudicas.

XiaNaphryz

I got my first Medea like a week or so ago and it was funny how hype I was for that, lol. I have to get that gacha fix somewhere.

I actually have found every FP servant except Mephistopheles, I don't want him anyways. But I've found 6 Boudicas.

It took me forever to get my last servant - I didn't get Lu Bu until like a month after launch in a random FP pull. By then I had gotten everyone else from 1* to 3* multiple times.

Depends on how much you want Angra Mainyu

Please give apologems, also give Apples if possible, I'd like to run as many runs of tomorrow's dailies as possible. Need A TON of Saber Monuments <_>

Save your apples for the events, you'll need them later on

Moonlight

Banned
Anticipation and disappointment is condensed into the five seconds between a Daemon dropping a gold chest and then waiting for the loot menu to show up and revealing all you got was a secret gem.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Anticipation and disappointment is condensed into the five seconds between a Daemon dropping a gold chest and then waiting for the loot menu to show up and revealing all you got was a secret gem.
the more I need something... the more likely I am to hit Menu between rounds to see if I got screwed or not
always screwed

I don't actually mind getting a ton of caster gems - eventually I'll get all Waver's skills to level 10.

At least, I wouldn't mind if the game didn't keep dropping magic and secret gems without a single regular blue caster gem.

RSchmitz

Is there a way to reset the game and start from the beginning?

On iOS just delete and install again. Not sure about Android, I think it's easier there.
Just make sure to keep the transfer code if you want to save an account. And remember that transfer code can only be used once before having to generate a new one.

Nabbed a Martha and a Hans Christian Andersen the other day. Not only have they've been pulling their weight, their personalities are pretty hilarious. I'm relatively pleased with my roster, so any other cool cards I get from here on out will be a bonus. Between grinding Nero Fest and attempting the daily quests, p much everyone on my Support Setup is at level 5 bond and is approaching their second ascension...except for poor Mash. Regardless, everyone I've chosen for the list is shaping up, so mission accomplished, I guess. When I'm pleased with my progress, I think I will post up my friend code.

I was also wondering...I know it's possible for servants to reach level 10 bond and I was wondering if that was story locked or something. I know there's no more voice clips to unlock, but I hate the feeling of wasting something.

I was also wondering...I know it's possible for servants to reach level 10 bond and I was wondering if that was story locked or something. I know there's no more voice clips to unlock, but I hate the feeling of wasting something.

Bond is still leveling past level 5, don't worry. You'll want to always have as many servants in your lineup as you can because it goes very slowly.

Event quests help because they can give out more efficient bond - I had 5*s and quite a few 4*s reach rank 6 during Nerofest (at which point you start getting free quartz).

Bond is still leveling past level 5, don't worry. You'll want to always have as many servants in your lineup as you can because it goes very slowly.

Event quests help because they can give out more efficient bond - I had 5*s and quite a few 4*s reach rank 6 during Nerofest (at which point you start getting free quartz).

Oh boy!

...That's why it takes so long, isn't it?

XiaNaphryz

Oh boy!

...That's why it takes so long, isn't it?

If you look at the amount of bond points left to level up from 5 to 6, you'll see why it seems like you're not seeing any visual progress.

Also, when you reach rank 10 you get a Bond CE that can only be used by that servant.

yippeed

Neo Member
Wish I could trade down medals for nero fest. Have 90 silvers left that I can't do anything with. If I could trade down I could get some card to burn for more MP at least.

Cruziao

Neo Member
Looking at Spirit Origin List, I still have 7 unsummoned 3* servants, that includes Cu, Medea and Ushi. Feels bad man :(

Wish I could trade down medals for nero fest. Have 90 silvers left that I can't do anything with. If I could trade down I could get some card to burn for more MP at least.

Yep... it'd be nice if you could trade down event currency.

Slashlen

I have 6 unsummoned silvers, but I'm not missing anyone I'd particularly care about, and I'm currently hoarding quartz and FP rolls. Only annoyance is that I've somehow max NP'd Kiyohime already. I need those distributed more evenly, I'd rather not have to start burning 3* servants already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom