• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 unsummoned silvers, but I'm not missing anyone I'd particularly care about, and I'm currently hoarding quartz and FP rolls. Only annoyance is that I've somehow max NP'd Kiyohime already. I need those distributed more evenly, I'd rather not have to start burning 3* servants already.

3*s are definitely not distributed evenly. I never get riders on one account, and I have NP5 riders on another.

If you extrapolate that to 5*s... some people are definitely saving for a servant they can never get.

RSchmitz

I'd really love to be able to play more. I don't play mobile games except for this one so I'm not used to stamina.
I'm fine with the gacha mechanics and will actually spend some cash later on, but not being able to play more sucks.

Anyone knows any console or pc game with similar systems? I remember a DBZ rpg that I played on a snes emulator years ago that had card combat similar to this and I loved it.

Strimei

I'd really love to be able to play more. I don't play mobile games except for this one so I'm not used to stamina.
I'm fine with the gacha mechanics and will actually spend some cash later on, but not being able to play more sucks.

Anyone knows any console or pc game with similar systems? I remember a DBZ rpg that I played on a snes emulator years ago that had card combat similar to this and I loved it.

I imagine we'll all reach a point where its really not much of a factor. Hopefully.

That's the case with Granblue Fantasy, at least. I have so many half-potions (which increase the stamina version in that) that I don't know what to do with it all. Though admittedly part of htat is because I've taken a bit of a break from it due to FGO.

Moonlight

Banned
I imagine we'll all reach a point where its really not much of a factor. Hopefully.

That's the case with Granblue Fantasy, at least. I have so many half-potions (which increase the stamina version in that) that I don't know what to do with it all. Though admittedly part of htat is because I've taken a bit of a break from it due to FGO.
Energy refill items are far more valuable in FGO than they are in GBF.

I needed Lancer monuments.

Naturally, Desire Sensor gave me 1 Saber monument and 2 Lancer pieces.

I don't even know why I try sometimes.
Funny, I need Saber monuments but all I can seem to get are Lancer monuments. I have 16 that I have no use for, lol.

Grinding the 30 or 40 AP Ember Gathering Daily quests usually nets you a lot of EXP for your player. After a couple of level ups, you should be netting a hefty surplus of stamina. I use a lv 60+ Beserker from the support list (Herc or Drac) to help carry me. When I feel comfy with my stamina surplus, I go to town.

Speaking of which, I decided to give the Lancer Cu I've been raising for a spin, and he saved my ass practically all by himself in all the 40 AP quests I took on today. He really just doesn't die.

Strimei

Energy refill items are far more valuable in FGO than they are in GBF.

I figured it wouldn't be quite as generous here, but I was hopeful all the same.

Still, I recall hearing that JP-version players have a ton of golden apples or something to that extent?

Blue-kun

Want to get Umu to 70, have farmed the Daily for the last 3-4 opportunities to get 2 Saber Monuments I'm missing, 0 so far.

Meanwhile I just ran 6 quests and I got 6 Lizes in a row. Like, seriously, desire sensor is too real. I'd be less annoyed if it was Gil, because at least I could use the Archer Monuments for something, too, but... nope. It's Lancers, I don't really care for them for the most part.

Ughhhh.

RSchmitz

Grinding the 30 or 40 AP Ember Gathering Daily quests usually nets you a lot of EXP for your player. After a couple of level ups, you should be netting a hefty surplus of stamina. I use a lv 60+ Beserker from the support list (Herc or Drac) to help carry me. When I feel comfy with my stamina surplus, I go to town.

Speaking of which, I decided to give the Lancer Cu I've been raising for a spin, and he saved my ass practically all by himself in all the 40 AP quests I took on today. He really just doesn't die.
Yeah, I'm past that point. Lvl 103 and lvling up takes a lot.

Sciel

c976fb2f2f.jpg

All Done :D. Might end up grailing her lol.

Kenai

Finally got Jeanne, Waver, and just now Vlad all to 80, with Carmilla 70. Debating on getting Emiya to 70 if I can squeak out 3 more monuments before Dango (yea right lol). My gold exp cellar is bone dry again but at least I will have time to fill it back up. Outside of Emiya getting to 70 I don't think I'll need any gold cards til Nobu's event. I'm not farming 14 Caster and 17 Zerker monuments before then, not realistically anyway. I'd rather re-hoard exp cards and maybe get some gems for their skills.

All Done :D. Might end up grailing her lol.

This is purty, grats.

T-Rex.

Banned
I just want one Kaleidoscope or Imaginary Around but instead I just keep getting Projection or Primeval Curse. I'm not even mad about Projection cos I have a lot of arts based servants, but Primeval Curse can get in the bin.

Is it alright to grail a servant at any time or do we need have to wait till we wait get out servant to max ascension? I still have 1 more ascension to go on my Herc.

After weeks upon weeks of not getting any monuments... I finally got the one Archer and Lancer monuments that I needed. I ascended Emiya and Cu respectively to their 3rd form. Now to level up my Caesar so I can ascend him to his 3rd form as well.

weeaboo

should i fully ascend Heracles or use the claws to lvl3 Altera? both servants destroy pretty much everything right now but i think Heracles will be more useful in the future

elty

So no event next week? uhhh

edit: a full limit break 3* Dragon Maiden gives 50% NP at start, which is good enough and almost a KScope.

Moonlight

Banned
Been going through my AP bar like crazy since the missions changed and I've fought Saber just once in that span of time. And she didn't even have the courtesy to drop a monument. This is kind of demoralizing, lol.

Kieli

Desire sensor is real. Need Archer pieces, and the game won't stop giving me everything but Archer pieces. I've farmed more Archer monuments than pieces, and I'm not even trying to get those.

Articalys

Desire sensor is real. Need Archer pieces, and the game won't stop giving me everything but Archer pieces. I've farmed more Archer monuments than pieces, and I'm not even trying to get those.
Considering I'm trying to get Emiya to Asc3 right now and have a major shortage of those, my heart bleeds for you.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Considering I'm trying to get Emiya to Asc3 right now and have a major shortage of those, my heart bleeds for you.

I had enough to get Emiya to Ascension 3 in the middle of Nerofest. At this point I still need 3 more monuments (10 total) and 2 more hearts for his last ascension. I have tons of void dust as I haven't had to use a whole lot yet.

Also still need 9 more monuments and 4 more feathers for Altria's 4th ascension.

Yeah, I'm past that point. Lvl 103 and lvling up takes a lot.

Aw, I'm only half that Level; which explains why it still works.

How easy is it to reroll? What 5* are the best units? Looking at the link someone provided above, I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.

Er... here's some specific pages from that site that would be the most helpful:

Advice on Starting Out
5* Tier List
4* Tier List
1-3* Tier List (No analysis yet)

Anyway, I believe you can't roll a 5* star on the first 10 card roll they have you do (You will get a guaranteed 4* as a starter, however) but iirc another 10 card roll is available soon after. My impression is that people look at both sessions to see if anything is worth keeping before going again.

Anyway, Waver is currently the most valuable card in the pantheon, so he is the 5* card to aim for. However, if you manage to nab Hans Christian Andersen, he makes a suitable replacement. As far as your guaranteed 4* goes, Heracles is the most sought after since he has the most utility. When re-rolling, valuable Craft Essence like Kaleidoscope and Heaven's Feel are also worth keeping an eye out for. But all in all, a lot of the game's servants are very usable and should clear most of the content. Even very common cards can stand toe-to-toe with some of the rarest.

Strimei

Finally got one more monument to drop and have EMIYA at third ascension. Now need 10 more? Argh.

You could say that...

Wow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihNcNkQovG4

Damnit, just give us our Carnival Phantasm servants already! We need Trucker Sasaki.

Rin can stay flag girl though.

I like that Babbage is apparently a car himself. Figures.

Also Nitocris is cute. I can't wait for her.

And I confess I didn't even realize that was Nero at first, the twintails threw me off. I thought it was the blond pirate girl (I always mix up their names).

Umbooki

For anyone who cares, and because I wanted it handy myself, I ran the numbers on how many 4* XP cards it takes, both with and without the class/all bonus, after each of the 4*/5* ascension stages to hit the next breakpoint.
Code:
4* 1st
(Lv 40 -> 50):
32 with / 38 without

4* 2nd
5* 1st
(Lv 50 -> 60):
49 with / 57 without

4* 3rd
5* 2nd
(Lv 60 -> 70):
66 with  / 79 without

4* 4th
5* 3rd
(Lv 70 -> 80):
87 with  / 105 without

5* 4th
(Lv 80 -> 90):
112 with  / 134 without
This is awesome and you're awesome for making it.

Strimei

So Fate/Apocrypha has probably revealed who the eventual Caster Saberface is.

Morgan le Fay. It seems so obvious in retrospect, I mean, she's Arturia's sister, of course she'd look similar.

chrono01

For anyone who cares, and because I wanted it handy myself, I ran the numbers on how many 4* XP cards it takes, both with and without the class/all bonus, after each of the 4*/5* ascension stages to hit the next breakpoint.
Code:
4* 1st
(Lv 40 -> 50):
32 with / 38 without

4* 2nd
5* 1st
(Lv 50 -> 60):
49 with / 57 without

4* 3rd
5* 2nd
(Lv 60 -> 70):
66 with  / 79 without

4* 4th
5* 3rd
(Lv 70 -> 80):
87 with  / 105 without

5* 4th
(Lv 80 -> 90):
112 with  / 134 without
That's a lot of EXP cards. >_<

Thanks for doing this. I guess farming the dailies for EXP cards, saving whatever 4* ones you get and burning the 3* one for Mana Prisms is the best thing to do (when there's no event going on).

Ala Alba

Code:
4* 1st
(Lv 40 -> 50):
32 with / 38 without

4* 2nd
5* 1st
(Lv 50 -> 60):
49 with / 57 without

4* 3rd
5* 2nd
(Lv 60 -> 70):
66 with  / 79 without

4* 4th
5* 3rd
(Lv 70 -> 80):
87 with  / 105 without

5* 4th
(Lv 80 -> 90):
112 with  / 134 without

Someone made this last year:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vrKlUkxrtsyrmUd2zPoRdGZcPbKfIUW3b58Yd6MQDTI/edit#gid=0

You can make a copy of it and put in your current level and it will calculate how many exp cards you need for each 10 levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom