• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashlen

Switched to dailies to get my last berserker monument for Herc's 3rd ascension. Got it on the first try..along with a caster monument...and 2 void dust.

Finally, some luck!

Articalys

Quonny

Alright, I'll delete my post then. Sorry to bother you all.

If everyone else could get rid of their quotes of my post from the previous page as well, that'd be great. Thanks.
Why is it a bother?

No one's criticising. I didn't know that other page existed.

EDarkness

Aw, I'm only half that Level; which explains why it still works.

Er... here's some specific pages from that site that would be the most helpful:

Advice on Starting Out
5* Tier List
4* Tier List
1-3* Tier List (No analysis yet)

Anyway, I believe you can't roll a 5* star on the first 10 card roll they have you do (You will get a guaranteed 4* as a starter, however) but iirc another 10 card roll is available soon after. My impression is that people look at both sessions to see if anything is worth keeping before going again.

Anyway, Waver is currently the most valuable card in the pantheon, so he is the 5* card to aim for. However, if you manage to nab Hans Christian Andersen, he makes a suitable replacement. As far as your guaranteed 4* goes, Heracles is the most sought after since he has the most utility. When re-rolling, valuable Craft Essence like Kaleidoscope and Heaven's Feel are also worth keeping an eye out for. But all in all, a lot of the game's servants are very usable and should clear most of the content. Even very common cards can stand toe-to-toe with some of the rarest.

Thanks for the information. I've been playing this for a while and I have yet to get another 10 card roll. How far in the story do I have to go? It just keeps going and going and going....

Thanks for the information. I've been playing this for a while and I have yet to get another 10 card roll. How far in the story do I have to go? It just keeps going and going and going....

Sorry, he was talking about a launch promotion that ended last month.

Everyone who started before August immediately got enough quartz for another roll. That's no longer available and you'll only be able to roll when you do enough story quests to build up 30 quartz.

That does make it a lot harder to do rerolls...

EDarkness

Sorry, he was talking about a launch promotion that ended last month.

Everyone who started before August immediately got enough quartz for another roll. That's no longer available and you'll only be able to roll when you do enough story quests to build up 30 quartz.

That does make it a lot harder to do rerolls...

Oh. That sucks. Well, I guess I'm gonna stop playing this. It'll be impossible to get a 5* unit, because the game really doesn't give out enough quartz in a short amount of time. Rerolling will be hard...and long. Not a whole lot of interesting characters in the game so far, so I guess I'm okay with not playing until sometime later when more stuff gets added.

The other thing I noticed is that there's no good way to get rid of dupes. I got 2 Lu Bu and not way to get rid of one of them. My original roll was crappy.

The other thing I noticed is that there's no good way to get rid of dupes. I got 2 Lu Bu and not way to get rid of one of them. My original roll was crappy.

Actually, there's a built-in purpose for duplicates. You just combine them to enhance Noble Phantasm power (up to four duplicates).

Then you sell them in the shop or use them as XP. Lots of things to do with dupes.

EDarkness

Actually, there's a built-in purpose for duplicates. You just combine them to enhance Noble Phantasm power (up to four duplicates).

Then you sell them in the shop or use them as XP. Lots of things to do with dupes.

It costs over 100k of whatever the money is to do that. That's everything I have....

It costs over 100k of whatever the money is to do that. That's everything I have....

Just playing the game normally gives you millions of QP before you even realize it. If for some reason you run out there are unlimited quests available 24/7 (the "treasure vault" daily quests) that give you large amounts.

And if you participate in any event whatsoever (like Nerofest, which just ended), you'll get tens of millions of QP just for doing everything.

EDarkness

Just playing the game normally gives you millions of QP before you even realize it. If for some reason you run out there are unlimited quests available 24/7 (the "treasure vault" daily quests) that give you large amounts.

And if you participate in any event whatsoever (like Nerofest, which just ended), you'll get tens of millions of QP just for doing everything.

Hmmm...100k for something like that is pretty insane. Not good for newbies since my 10 pull got 2 characters with dupes. My guess is that the rates of getting anything good are low.

Also, in combat is there a way to use AoE moves? Taking down one unit at a time makes combat last longer than it should.

Hmmm...100k for something like that is pretty insane. Not good for newbies since my 10 pull got 2 characters with dupes. My guess is that the rates of getting anything good are low.

Also, in combat is there a way to use AoE moves? Taking down one unit at a time makes combat last longer than it should.

I have like 69m pretty easily just from running dailies and just trying to get monuments.It's just something that you eventually rapidly outpace your need for it. Especially if you are completing the story missions, you get millions eventually.

The only AoEs are some servants' NP. But if you order a different servant in your chain, if the preceding servant kills , then the next servant will attack the next enemy. Ex: Herc Herc Waver, if Herc kills the first enemy in his 2 attacks, Waver will attack the next guy in line. Herc Herc Herc for example will focus all his attacks on one enemy even if he kills him in the middle of the chain.

edit: I had a lot more QP than I thought lol.

Oh. That sucks. Well, I guess I'm gonna stop playing this. It'll be impossible to get a 5* unit, because the game really doesn't give out enough quartz in a short amount of time. Rerolling will be hard...and long. Not a whole lot of interesting characters in the game so far, so I guess I'm okay with not playing until sometime later when more stuff gets added.

It's really hard to overstate just how few people actually do hardcore re-rolling in these mobile games. Most people just play with what they get the first time and it's fine unless you're planning on playing the game super hardcore for years and years.

FGO in particular isn't even really a hard game. It's unlike virtually every other gacha game you might play because even the most basic 1* servant can be useful in the right spot, and many 2* and 3* servants have not only niche uses but actual productive uses throughout the game's lifetime.

It's also unlike most mobile games because the focus is on the story (it's based on a very rather large JP media franchise which began with a VN) and so the story content is meant to be cleared by any reasonably well-though out and properly leveled team. The saying goes that people only roll for their waifus and husbandos in this game because you literally don't actually need them to clear content.

Also you'll have 50+ friends who probably have at least one 5* servant of the type you might need for a particular fight to draw from. That's one of the neat things about having a support system in this game.

You're supposed to combine your dupes to increase Noble Phantasm level, which makes their ultimate attacks more powerful and damaging. Lu Bu in particular is a Berserker and if you actually reach NP5 with God Force it's one hell of a wallop on a boss. Both Lu Bu and 3* Kiyohime (given away as a freebie after you finish Orleans) can be made crazy powerful.

Here's an example of a player using Kiyohime to wreck the final boss of the first arc of the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnnfp3Ix4oA

You'll be swimming in millions of QP soon enough if you keep playing.

You just started out so you don't have anything and that's fine. There's an event coming probably within the next few weeks and when that happens you can quickly gain levels, try rolling for more servants, and generally advance the levels of your servants quickly. For now your focus ought to be clearing through the story missions and getting friends with strong servants on your friends list. Lucky for you there's a rather long list in this OP of players, many of which are very hardcore and have multiple high-leveled 5* servants, who can contribute supports to help carry you through your beginning of the game.

Articalys

I was curious about the balance of what's available in the game, so I took a quick look at the tallies for each class currently in the Japanese version:
5*

Saber: 8 (non-limited: 3)
Archer: 7 (non-limited: 3)
Lancer: 6 (non-limited: 3)
Rider: 5 (non-limited: 4)
Caster: 7 (non-limited: 4)
Assassin: 5 (non-limited: 1)
Berserker: 7 (non-limited: 3)
4*

Saber: 10 (event: 2)
Archer: 7 (event: 2) (limited: 1)
Lancer: 8 (event: 1) (limited: 1)
Rider: 7 (event: 2) (limited: 1)
Caster: 9 (event: 2) (limited: 1)
Assassin: 7 (event: 2)
Berserker: 8 (event: 1)

Yeah, 1% chance of getting a 5* and 3% chance for a 4*.

The only AoE attacks are Noble Phantasms, which you have to charge up to use by hitting enemies using Arts cards (and Quick cards to a lesser extent). If you get a chain of 3 Arts cards then everyone in the chain gets a 20% charge bonus.

As you might expect, that means any ways to skip the charging are considered powerful:
- CEs: Dragon's Meridian, The Imaginary Element, Kaleidoscope
- Zhuge Liang (Waver) in your party, using his skills to instantly charge NP

yippeed

Neo Member
It's really hard to overstate just how few people actually do hardcore re-rolling in these mobile games. Most people just play with what they get the first time and it's fine unless you're planning on playing the game super hardcore for years and years.

You'll be swimming in millions of QP soon enough if you keep playing.

I didn't really re-roll at the start because I was determined to get a 5* per say there just wasn't much to occupy my time with and I had a second device to mess with and was re-rolling with that while checking out the game.

Just running 30/40 AP QP quest daily as a easy means to get both MP and QP.

And for odds:
-Trying to pull 3* from FP gacha is just horrendous. I still don't have either Gilles, Caesar, Robin, Medusa, or Alexander the Younger (wonder if they will just update it to Iskandar down the line)
-During the re-roll I tried nearly 50x (I used that number in the character name if you have me as a friend) and only got 4 accounts with a 5* so that 1% is fair I guess?

Grazzt

Next thing you know, you'll see 5 Kintokis
and they will all drop you pieces

Yesterday I saw Gil 5 times, only one monument...I need two.
And 4 runs today, Marie and Assassin both 2 times. Haven't seen Waver or Kintokis. I only want Caster and Berserker monuments.
This game...

Qurupeke

I feel like I only receive requests from Jeanne and Mashu right now. Feels bad.

Also, obligatory "Where is the next event goddamnit!!!!11!"

Zhao_Yun

I am getting tons of 1* and 2* CEs from the FP Summons and I am wondering what to do with them. Should I just use them as exp fodder for other CEs and if yes, what is the most efficient way to use them?

Sciel

I pretty much ignore/delete people who put low level Mashu's on their support list. Have seen plenty of high level people (70+) have a Level 1 Mash as their main support :/ .

Mupod

Next thing you know, you'll see 5 Kintokis
and they will all drop you pieces

still haven't seen one but I got one monument off a shadow servant, so Vlad's 80 now. Still need countless monuments for his final ascension as well as for Tamamo Cat. I'll probably raise up tamacat first because Vlad seems to have hit the end of his high stat growth range. And more importantly, third ascension Tamamo Cat wears a naked apron.

The grind from 0 to 12 gold monuments for the final ascension is tough. Want to get Waver done, but have been getting non-stop Assassins from the daily.

EDarkness

Thanks for all of the information, guys. I went ahead and re-rolled because my pulls were terrible, and they were worse the second time around. Gonna try again in a few minutes.

How do I level up units? I never see them get EXP after a fight.

Thanks for all of the information, guys. I went ahead and re-rolled because my pulls were terrible, and they were worse the second time around. Gonna try again in a few minutes.

There are specific EXP cards that drop and you feed your Servants.

Your main source of XP is the ember gathering daily quests. Work your way up until you can take on the 40AP one (high-level Jeanne supports help a lot with this).

The good thing about this is that you only need one strong party to gather XP for everyone you have.

Strimei

I tend to accept the low level Mashu ones without a second thought. I remember in GBF how a few higher level players accepted me as friends so I could use their support summons, so I try to do the same.

That said, I also purge my friends list of those low level Mashu players who've been inactive for more than a week.

I tend to accept the low level Mashu ones without a second thought. I remember in GBF how a few higher level players accepted me as friends so I could use their support summons, so I try to do the same.

That said, I also purge my friends list of those low level Mashu players who've been inactive for more than a week.

I accept low levels too - after all someone has to borrow my lvl 50-60 chars for me to make points :D

Kieli

I do the same thing. Accept low-level Mash accounts, but remove if they don't login within 5 days.

Kenai

I feel bad for not really accepting Mash players but I don't have any room in general. Maybe some people will stop playing eventually but for now all 50 have logged on in the last 24 hours

T-Rex.

Banned

This is basically what I do and for the same reason (except in my case it's F/GO JP where folks with strong servants accepted my request even though I had nothing to offer).

Slashlen

I feel bad for not really accepting Mash players but I don't have any room in general. Maybe some people will stop playing eventually but for now all 50 have logged on in the last 24 hours

Same here. I have nothing against them, and I'd love the FP if they wanted to use my supports all day, but I'm full and I have to kick someone off to let them on and nobody on my list is inactive enough.

Articalys

How do all of you even have 50 friends already? I'm only at 29, and probably a good chunk of those are accounts who are superceded in classes by others on my list.

Slashlen

How do all of you even have 50 friends already? I'm only at 29, and probably a good chunk of those are accounts who are superceded in classes by others on my list.

I have a lvl 90 Jeanne in my All slot and I get multiple requests a day. I have 5 pending right now. And as long as I have room, I generally accept. I only need a few with strong units I don't have, there's not a lot of OP units right now. And doing that, it's always been full because even before I hit 50 I got more requests than additional slots.

Articalys

Did you not use the GAF player list to fill out your friends list?
I considered it, which I guess would expand my own options, but why would anybody pick my stuff over somebody else who has superior versions of the same units?

Which is the "correct" friends list to use anyway? I recall seeing a couple different versions floating around.

Mupod

I considered it, which I guess would expand my own options, but why would anybody pick my stuff over somebody else who has superior versions of the same units?

Which is the "correct" friends list to use anyway? I recall seeing a couple different versions floating around.

it doesn't give you the same people every refresh. I just pick GAF names I recognize.

Articalys

Well, I just took a look through one of the linked google docs from earlier in the thread and added a handful of names. Wonder if anyone will actually accept.

chrono01

Well, I just took a look through one of the linked google docs from earlier in the thread and added a handful of names. Wonder if anyone will actually accept.
There's this one I made, not sure if you saw it or not. It's an open document, so you can edit your support list as necessary (to keep it up-to-date). Since it's open, I hide it behind an email tag so only GAF people can make use of it.

Quote this post to see the URL.

Baalzebup

still haven't seen one but I got one monument off a shadow servant, so Vlad's 80 now. Still need countless monuments for his final ascension as well as for Tamamo Cat. I'll probably raise up tamacat first because Vlad seems to have hit the end of his high stat growth range. And more importantly, third ascension Tamamo Cat wears a naked apron.
The best part? That line of mine came true for me. I've faced Kintoki 5 times today, all pieces. The one monument I got, I got the same way you did.

Does anyone actually have double-digit numbers of any monument type at this point?

I've just accepted that it might take another month or more if an event doesn't give you what you need.

Slashlen

Does anyone actually have double-digit numbers of any monument type at this point?

I've just accepted that it might take another month or more if an event doesn't give you what you need.

Not unless you're including ones I've already used. If you're including spent ones, I've done it on several. I'm still on crystals, I haven't had one drop all day.

Ephidel

I've been (re-)running this duel quest all day. I needed 2 Caster Monuments and 2 Berserker Monuments.
So far I've gotten 1 Berserker Monument, 7 Rider Pieces, 5 Assassin Pieces, and 2 Berserker Pieces.
I suppose I should be glad I got one.

I guess I should have tried telling it that I really wanted to ascend Marie instead. Then maybe it would have given me more Zerks x_x

Edit: I choose to believe that the act of complaining here got me one more Zerk Monument! I'll take it. Now after I run embers a couple of times tomorrow I can ascend Vlad again :)

I've been (re-)running this duel quest all day. I needed 2 Caster Monuments and 2 Berserker Monuments.
So far I've gotten 1 Berserker Monument, 7 Rider Pieces, 5 Assassin Pieces, and 2 Berserker Pieces.
I suppose I should be glad I got one.

I guess I should have tried telling it that I really wanted to ascend Marie instead. Then maybe it would have given me more Zerks x_x

Edit: I choose to believe that the act of complaining here got me one more Zerk Monument! I'll take it. Now after I run embers a couple of times tomorrow I can ascend Vlad again :)

KIRA KIRA KAGAYAKU~ is what I got all day and I needed Berserker pieces and monuments

At some point you just bring a Marie-killing team to this quest to minimize the time wasted on getting a reward you don't even want

I just bring Herc and end it immediately with Nine Lives because fuck waiting for that invincibility bullshit to wear off, especially since she likes to spam it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom