• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Not unless you're including ones I've already used. If you're including spent ones, I've done it on several. I'm still on crystals, I haven't had one drop all day.

Yup. I've gotten a few into the double digits since Jeanne took 5 of a few getting to 80 and Waver and Vlad took 5 of theirs for 80 too and there was overlap (I was a bit lttp on those two as a result, but I got em!). I did have 11 Assassin ones but Carmilla is 70 now so I am down to 7.

I'm not that worried though. There will be at least one 20 set of each type available by the end of the year spread out between all the events, so all of my 80s will be 90. Not sure if I wanna finish my Carmilla/Emiya/Marie yet, I have to see what mats are coming up. I'm really behind on leveling everyone's skills and I'd like to get Waver and Vlad's stuff (and Jeanne's stun I guess) to at least level 6.

For now though, I should keep refilling my xp cards while I can. Just getting one 80 character to 90 will take out the whole archive unless I get lucky with a super success.

Articalys

Have you done nothing but play on the showdown dailies whenever they've been available?

The conflicting priorities in this game are insane. If you don't do the showdown dailies whenever they're available you'll never have enough pieces/monuments, but if you don't play enough of the embers you'll never have enough XP cards to level up, but if you don't go farming you'll never have enough materials, but if you don't play events whenever they're available you won't get those rewards, but...

Kenai

Have you done nothing but play on the showdown dailies whenever they've been available?

The conflicting priorities in this game are insane. If you don't do the showdown dailies whenever they're available you'll never have enough pieces/monuments, but if you don't play enough of the embers you'll never have enough XP cards to level up, but if you don't go farming you'll never have enough materials, but if you don't play events whenever they're available you won't get those rewards, but...

There's only been one "real" event available so far, and it wasn't a full replacement for the farming dailies like most of them will be (there were no pieces/monuments to earn at all during Nero, next there will be a bunch). So like I said, I'm not that worried about mats, F G/O has notoriously good events that will make up the bulk of your "farming". A lot of us who played during launch week also hoarded up a ton of exp and mats back then too with the 1/2 stamina dailies and frequent exp refills from leveling up, and you still see most of us scrambling during events cause daily drop rates right now just aren't that great.

They aren't infinite or anything, but I believe the game devs said they release enough mats per year in the events to (generally speaking) cap a solid handful of 5* servants (so like 5 or 6 of any of them). That's not including grinding the dailies and the stuff from the story. So don't get too frazzled, none of us should have any serious problems as long as we are patient. I don't need any of my servants to be as high as they are anyway (nothing high level yet), even if it's nice to have them to make dailies easier. But I do enjoy having stuff to do and I can always be earning something that will be useful later, so that's also nice (if monotonous). You can always use extra Mana prisms, that's for sure

sonicmj1

Right now I'm most focused on getting more embers to fully level all the people I ascended during the event. Given the difficulty of the content currently available, I don't feel a ton of urgency to try to get all the necessary ascension mats together right away.

I recently pruned a few friends who had been inactive for the last two weeks, and I added my name to the GAF list. If anyone wants my 3rd ascension Liz, D'eon, and Herc, hit me up.

Slashlen

I grinded the monuments dailies a lot during the first half of the 1/2 AP event and did a lot of XP the rest of the time. I've generally avoided grinding for other mats because the rates are so bad. I'm doing a few now because I have a few servants who are close.

In general, I'm not trying to get everything right away, I'm identifying specific goals I want to achieve and I'm working towards those. I only need 2 crystals for my next ascension. I'm guessing we're not getting the next event this week, so I should be able to get them, as well as restock on XP cards. If I have time I can grind for some fangs and bones.

Cruziao

Neo Member
Right now I'm farming XP card, after it reach certain amount I'll switch to Green Daily. I'm in no rush though, just accept that the drop rate sucks and life goes on. Much easier for blood pressure that way lol

I am getting tons of 1* and 2* CEs from the FP Summons and I am wondering what to do with them. Should I just use them as exp fodder for other CEs and if yes, what is the most efficient way to use them?
Make CE bomb from them. I followed this post
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=243732898

I too have seen that CE bomb post in the past, but it's too much effort for me. I just burn everything that isn't a 4*+ into the latter, which I have equip across my servants.

I do the same with XP cards, I burn everything below 4*.

With servants, I just feed them into the respective dupe to level their NP. If they are already leveled up all the way, I burn them.

Cruziao

Neo Member
If my understanding is correct, CE Bomb was made to minimize QP used to level Craft Essence which is pretty substantial for higher level CE. Right now we aren't at the stage where QP is scarce yet so they aren't that important, but I'll save what I can haha.

Slashlen

It's past 1 in the morning, I'm up later than I should be, and I decide to do 2 more runs for crystals. 2 runs, 2 drops, goal met. Now I can sleep.

Laiza

I feel stupid for jumping on this in the middle of July when the game launched a month and a half before that. Now I'm way behind and this monument drop rate is absolutely murdering me.

At least I have 3rd ascension d'Eon to my name. That's something, I suppose.

I feel stupid for jumping on this in the middle of July when the game launched a month and a half before that. Now I'm way behind and this monument drop rate is absolutely murdering me.

I've been playing since launch and I'm one monument short of even that.

Which makes you ahead!

chrono01

I wouldn't worry about Piece/Monument farming, future events make them a joke. You'll likely be swimming in them before too long.

But yeah, early on they're indeed pretty rare. Frustrating when you want to ascend your characters ASAP. Hell, I'm having trouble farming Caster/Archer skill gems. :/

Hell, I'm having trouble farming Caster/Archer skill gems. :/

Blue caster gems might as well not exist right now. But you're probably swimming in red ones.

The one good chance we had at the blue ones was the Nerofest fight with all the lamias. I managed to restock then.

So should everybody just be focusing on the highest AP ember daily quest that they can right now?

Do the 40 if your plan is to feed every last card to somebody and you only want 4* XP. Do the 30 if you're sort of stocking up for a future ascension and you're fine with burning the 3* XP cards you get for extra MP.

Or if you're me, do both once because you get that MP bonus for completing it the first time.

Hoarding all my quartz is getting difficult. I need to hold out until at least Halloween, but I don't know if I can make it D:

In regard to the dailies thing, I was actually thinking the ascension mats daily seems kind of a waste. I've looked at the upcoming events, made decisions about which characters I wanted for team building, and tallied up the required mats to ascend them all. While the price is steep, I'll get more than enough from events.

The two upcoming events (Moon Goddess & Halloween), among other things will give you 20 each of every class's pieces and monuments. So why throw who knows how much AP at low drop rate quests now? Other ascension materials come slower, but still plentiful enough to hit an entire support team up to 3rd ascension.

I suppose you could make the argument that you need to strengthen your current servants to complete quests, but even that seems like a stretch. I currently have a 70 Jeanne and a 60 Tamamo Cat. With a friend's 80 Waver filling in the support slot I have 0 problem clearing any quests. I wasn't hindered by anything in the story, in Nerofest, and judging by the event listings nothing in the upcoming events. These characters won't have a place on my end-goal team so I just can't justify throwing more materials at them when it's unnecessary.

So once again it looks like the only practical answer is to grind away gold cards and mana prisms...

Azusa

So once again it looks like the only practical answer is to grind away gold cards and mana prisms...

Yes. Also QP.

You dont need QP now but after London when the game opens and you can farm all mats, and events will give a lot different mats too you will start to skill up your servants. Then you will need millions and millions of QP.

I try to do QP dungeon at least once a day and all other AP I use on EXP cards farming. I still need more EXP to finish levelling ascended servants after nerofest.

How far in the story do I have to go? It just keeps going and going and going....

Sorry, he was talking about a launch promotion that ended last month.

Didn't know that the giveaway had an expiry date. My bad.

Anyway, re-rolling is actually not that important in FGO; there's a lot of good common cards. But it doesn't seem like you're having much fun, so don't worry about uninstalling.

The doomposting on their Facebook page is something else.

I'm guessing it's because the news this morning basically means no moon event this week.

I feel sorry for the NA team. I need this breather after Nerofest to farm embers and whatnot; so the pause is fine with me.

Speaking of my noob quest, I'm smashing my way through Orleans with Kojiro and Asterion, trying to make it as far as I can before the next event... I never expected the Minotaur to be so adorable.

It would be less problematic if they'd just laid out a roadmap of what they want to do in the coming months instead of holding back news to build 'hype' or whatever.

I just started this game today based on recommendations here in Gaf. I'm pretty new to these types of games. Is there a specific 4star character that i should keep re-rolling for during the "training summoning"?

Hmm idk if I wanna put my gems and summon tickets into this Orleans banner. I can't say I am dying to get any of the characters featured in it. Maybe Jeanne for collection purposes? But even then, with her being a 5*, what are even the chances I'll get her. I also find her terribly useless, at least at the moment. Becoming momentarily invincible isn't worth much to me vs hitting as hard as possible. For sure further down the line there may be some powerful enemies in which she would be useful, but honestly with as many support friends as I have who own her, it just seems like a waste of quartz, which would be better put to use on whichever banner we get next.

I just started this game today based on recommendations here in Gaf. I'm pretty new to these types of games. Is there a specific 4star character that i should keep re-rolling for during the "training summoning"?

Heracles is the most handy, and Tamamo Cat is next (Beserker is a useful class) but all the other starting 4* have their advantages...except for Stheno. Here's a chart from reddit I felt was really useful. (Even though only Siegfried, Chevalier, Emiya, Elizabeth, Marie, Martha, Carmilla, Stheno, Heracles and Tamamo are available at first) I'm running with Emiya even though I know he's slow-burn and he hasn't let me down so far.

RSchmitz

Heracles is the most handy, and Tamamo Cat is next (Beserker is a useful class) but all the other starting 4* have their advantages...except for Stheno. Here's a chart from reddit I felt was really useful. (Even though only Siegfried, Chevalier, Emiya, Elizabeth, Marie, Martha, Carmilla, Stheno, Heracles and Tamamo are available at first) I'm running with Emiya even though I know he's slow-burn and he hasn't let me down so far.

That was only true for the free 4* campaign. I find Lancelot for exemple much more usefull than Tamamo.

Hubb

It would be less problematic if they'd just laid out a roadmap of what they want to do in the coming months instead of holding back news to build 'hype' or whatever.

My guess is that Moon will be next week, but I don't know what they are going to do between Moon and Halloween. I'd love for them to do the first years (2015s) Halloween event early and then do the next years Halloween (2016s) around Halloween. Probably not going to happen but I can dream.

And yeah, I'd love a road map but they aren't going to do it. My guess is they don't want to get dates wrong and that whether we like it or not, it probably does build up some type of hype when they announce it like this.

That was only true for the free 4* campaign. I find Lancelot for exemple much more usefull than Tamamo.

The tutorial roll still only guarantees one of those 10. You can get Lancelot, but you would have to luck into him in addition to your guaranteed 4*.

It's hard to take advantage of Lancelot's powerful NP without a CE that boosts starting NP, but he has another advantage in his early spike in stat growth. He will far outclass the other berserkers in damage at level 50.

RSchmitz

The tutorial roll still only guarantees one of those 10. You can get Lancelot, but you would have to luck into him in addition to your guaranteed 4*.

It's hard to take advantage of Lancelot's powerful NP without a CE that boosts starting NP, but he has another advantage in his early spike in stat growth. He will far outclass the other berserkers in damage at level 50.

Ah ok. I stand corrected then.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm not new to the gacha world... and I know content will slowly roll out... but damn does this game give you NOTHING to do. There's not even anything to grind towards, and the drop rate on class items makes it not worth the effort.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'm not new to the gacha world... and I know content will slowly roll out... but damn does this game give you NOTHING to do. There's not even anything to grind towards, and the drop rate on class items makes it not worth the effort.

agreed. I know it ramps up.. you'd just think they would have corrected SOME of the slowness of the original release when releasing it to other territories..

40ljbe06h6ez.png

Hubb

This is where I was towards the end of the 1/2 AP event. Granted I liked all the items that came from Nerofest, though outside of the first day the items I got from drops seemed rarer than farming the dailies. At this point I just quickly blow my AP 2x a day on the dailies, and then play something else.

Pejo

Yea usually there's a min/max player path, for the more active players, agreed. Right now, that'd be stocking up on XP cards.

I lucked out and got a bunch of servants ascended in the last event, so I'm still not caught up on leveling them all up. I'm kinda grateful that we don't have another event just yet, but I'll likely be ready by the end of today.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Orleans rate up with some log in bonuses is what they got lined up for us next? I mean I'll take the free tickets, sure, but it's hard not to be let down.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Orleans rate up with some log in bonuses is what they got lined up for us next? I mean I'll take the free tickets, sure, but it's hard not to be let down.

They always have a banner for the story. Chances are we'll get the Rome banner after then the Moon Festival then Okeanos then Okeanos banner then halloween.

Quonny

I kinda don't know what people expected, especially after the 'effort' they put in on the translation. We got the game a month early, so if we went Nero to Dango we'd be looking at 5 weeks no events.

It'd be great to get a US exclusive event but I wouldn't hold your breath. So they'll stagger the releases until Halloween and then we'll be on track and throw in these little rate ups or easy-to-implement 'events' until then. Sucks, but hey, I have all my servants ascended and now just getting them to max so I can ascend them again.

Hubb

I kinda don't know what people expected, especially after the 'effort' they put in on the translation. We got the game a month early, so if we went Nero to Dango we'd be looking at 5 weeks no events.

It'd be great to get a US exclusive event but I wouldn't hold your breath. So they'll stagger the releases until Halloween and then we'll be on track and throw in these little rate ups or easy-to-implement 'events' until then. Sucks, but hey, I have all my servants ascended and now just getting them to max so I can ascend them again.

Just because you expect to be disappointed doesn't mean you can't still be disappointed. I am not looking for a US exclusive event, I would be happy if they threw in an event/story between now and Halloween instead of following the JP release schedule 1 to 1.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game. I want to play, I just want more to play. And since this game has more to come and we can see whats coming, that is a good problem to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom