• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grazzt

I got 4 SQ in my mailbox

The other 3 are for the maintenance.

At this point I'm not confident about NA team's competence. Lack of content, lack of communication, and soon it will be lack of players. I'm thinking about going to Chinese servers, where I can buy a starter account with 700 quartz for $1.

A.J.

Banned
The other 3 are for the maintenance.

At this point I'm not confident about NA team's competence. Lack of content, lack of communication, and soon it will be lack of players. I'm thinking about going to Chinese servers, where I can buy a starter account with 700 quartz for $1.

Ah, 1 Quartz is disappointing but I guess we still had one full day of double exp.

Laiza

1 quartz is fair enough for those players who ate an apple right before they took it away. Quartz are strictly better than golden apples, if nothing else.

But that aside... what a weird hiccup. Wonder how it happened. At least I managed to get a significant collection of XP cards before they pulled the plug.

A.J.

Banned
1 quartz is fair enough for those players who ate an apple right before they took it away. Quartz are strictly better than golden apples, if nothing else.

But that aside... what a weird hiccup. Wonder how it happened. At least I managed to get a significant collection of XP cards before they pulled the plug.

Maybe they just now noticed it.

Back from the abyss known as life and wow did I miss some stuff. At least got some quartz to throw at the Orleans banner, but would have loved to farm them dailies.

Next objective: Jeanne!

And monuments, lots and lots of monuments.

Articalys

There's a certain element of just the unfortunate timing how the NA version hit this lull right after Nero Fest at the same time as the JP version is coming off all the 2nd Anniversary stuff and moving straight from the screwball Riyo event into the new Summer event.

Kenai

Given the time-frame, I'm guessing Tamamo Caster. Rightfully so, she's a great character!

That phat Arts team.

Since I have to be good and save for Iskandar I'm counting on gaffers to let me add TamCaster to my support so I can try out that combo with Vlad and Waver I've heard so much about. I'll cross my fingers for everyone a few more times than usual

chrono01

That phat Arts team.

Since I have to be good and save for Iskandar I'm counting on gaffers to let me add TamCaster to my support so I can try out that combo with Vlad and Waver I've heard so much about. I'll cross my fingers for everyone a few more times than usual
Yeah, I was going to go for her too, but I'm either going to save for Jack or Mordred in December (haven't decided yet).

I might use a few tickets and try for Tamamo that way, though I don't expect much at all. Ideally, I'd like to save until Jeanne Alter, but that's way too far off for me, haha.

T-Rex.

Banned
Nah, she looks cool too, just not on the upper-wants for me.

I just saw that Nero Bride is scheduled for Valentine's next year too, welp.
Scathach is my main one for this year, but support Drake saved my ass so many times on JP (plus I like the design) that out of respect I will roll for her. Not sure how many tickets/quartz I'll spend just yet though.

Moonlight

Banned
Pretty secure in keeping all my SQ for Mordred. Might throw my summon tickets at Tamamo, though.

Would kinda like Scathach as well, but timing seems bad since I expect the Mordred rate-up will eat all my SQs.

Nah, she looks cool too, just not on the upper-wants for me.

I just saw that Nero Bride is scheduled for Valentine's next year too, welp.

Yeah, same.

That being said, I'm going to spend more on Drake ( probably a 10-roll or two ) on Drake's banner since Drake banner has 2 rate-ups on SR+ Riders than some other waifus, who is the only rate-up I want for that particular banner.

I mean, with the terrible SSR rates of FGO, I'm basically rolling for the 4* of that banner, and not so much the 5*.

chrono01

Scathach is my main one for this year, but support Drake saved my ass so many times on JP (plus I like the design) that out of respect I will roll for her. Not sure how many tickets/quartz I'll spend just yet though.

I like Drake (and Marie too) but I've set my sights on one specific Rider and no one can really take his place. Same with Cleopatra, although Carmilla does her best.

Pretty secure in keeping all my SQ for Mordred. Might throw my summon tickets at Tamamo, though.

Would kinda like Scathach as well, but timing seems bad since I expect the Mordred rate-up will eat all my SQs.

Yeah, same.

That being said, I'm going to spend more on Drake ( probably a 10-roll or two ) on Drake's banner since Drake banner has 2 rate-ups on SR+ Riders than some other waifus, who is the only rate-up I want for that particular banner.

I mean, with the terrible SSR rates of FGO, I'm basically rolling for the 4* of that banner, and not so much the 5*.
So many wants, so little SQ. :(

So many wants, so little SQ. :(

My plan is to (hopefully) this:

1. If the banner have rate up on 2 or more servants/CE I want, & one of them is 4*:
- spend SQ

2. If the banner has only one rate-up I want, and it's 5*:
- spend tickets

I'm basically hoping the guaranteed 4* in a 10-roll is the servant I want. If not, try again with moderation depending on SQ budget.

chrono01

My plan is to (hopefully) this:

1. If the banner have rate up on 2 or more servants/CE I want, & one of them is 4*:
- spend SQ

2. If the banner has only one rate-up I want, and it's 5*:
- spend tickets

I'm basically hoping the guaranteed 4* in a 10-roll is the servant I want. If not, try again with moderation depending on SQ budget.
My plan is this.

1) Save Star Quartz for waifu.

2) Pull when waifu is released.

3) Fail to obtain said waifu.

4) Lay down and try not to cry.

5) Cry a lot.

Cry a lot.

I restarted when I saw for the first time, the harshness of single digit gacha rate...

Basically failing to get even a single 4* servant after spending >10 tickets and 120 SQ on Gilgamesh banner.

I expect a ton of failures, but at least I'll hopefully get something over time in one banner or the next rather than burn it all on a few banners on that 1% chance. :p

Mupod

That phat Arts team.

I can't make guarantees but I'm saving every quartz and ticket for her. Well, almost every ticket, I use one ticket per banner just to see if I end up 'that guy' who gets a 5* with one pull. And I got a Kaleidoscope that way so I guess I did.

Even with 400+ quartz and 50 tickets there's a danger of this happening though:

My plan is this.

1) Save Star Quartz for waifu.

2) Pull when waifu is released.

3) Fail to obtain said waifu.

4) Lay down and try not to cry.

5) Cry a lot.

EDarkness

I'm curious, does Dark Saber (Astoria) exist on in the 4* unit pool? I've spent all day trying to get her, but no luck so far. I got Heracles twice, but haven't gotten her once. I'm starting to think she was a special unit like Nero (at least I heard she was a special unit...I haven't gotten her either), but I need confirmation.

I'm curious, does Dark Saber (Astoria) exist on in the 4* unit pool? I've spent all day trying to get her, but no luck so far. I got Heracles twice, but haven't gotten her once. I'm starting to think she was a special unit like Nero (at least I heard she was a special unit...I haven't gotten her either), but I need confirmation.

She exists, but she's a story locked character. This means you can only get her on either the story gatcha (the one without any special characters AND only after you clear Fuyuki) or on special banners where she's featured. So you can't find her on the Orleans banner

Gp1idXb.jpg

I think I hear the game telling me something... something about closets and coming out...

EDarkness

She exists, but she's a story locked character. This means you can only get her on either the story gatcha (the one without any special characters AND only after you clear Fuyuki) or on special banners where she's featured. So you can't find her on the Orleans banner

Damn, I wish I would have known that. I spent soooooooo much time trying to get her yesterday. So who's the best character to get starting out? My hopes got dashed on the ground, so all that's left is to pick up the pieces.

Damn, I wish I would have known that. I spent soooooooo much time trying to get her yesterday. So who's the best character to get starting out? My hopes got dashed on the ground, so all that's left is to pick up the pieces.

It really depends. Short term (as in NA right now) or long term (based on JP releases)? Also depends on whether you value early game, as some characters only become really good (Vlad for instance) after you leveled and ascended a few times, while others (Jeanne being one) work great early game and fall off a little late game.

Mostly, if you are rerolling, pick the one character you really really like in the franchise since you can guarantee yourself getting him. You'll get other 4* and 5* eventually, just that they may not be the ones you are looking for (E.g a lot of people got Atlanta while trying to get Gilgamesh). I lucked out into Altera, and even if she isn't seen as a good 5*, she was hitting as hard as Herc and much less squishy.

Power level wise (obtainable by rerolling now, best to worst, mostly from thread consensus/friend support usage since I don't have most of them):

5* (Frankly all the 5*s are good, and better than just about all the 4*s, even if some are better than others)
  • Waver (Caster) : Best support in the game right now, and still one of the best in JP. Works well with everybody else, can buff NP by 50% to a single person and 20% to the rest of the team.
  • Vlad (Berserker): Gets good in mid game (Lvl 60+). Great damage dealer for Arts-based teams. Berserkers are somewhat squishy but great for farming.
  • Jeanne (Ruler): Just doesn't die, resists everything but Berserkers. Really great early game. Since she doesn't die, you have a good chance of completing most quests even if she has to solo it. It might just take forever since her damage is on the low side and her NP doesn't do damage but saves your team. Also really easy to level and by far the cutest =)
  • Altera & Arturia/Altria (Saber): Nice stats and AOE damage. Excalibur hits harder, but Altera has a DEF debuff. Also good DPS Sabers are really rare currently, so point in their favour. Apparently, they get outclassed by future characters.

4*
  • Herc (Berserker): Best 4* char and you can get him in the guaranteed roll. Does good single target damage. Like all Berserkers, somewhat squishy, but after a long long long time (Bond 10), becomes undying just like in the anime. Actually he does die just like in the anime, just that it takes a lot of effort.
  • Saber Alter (Saber) Dark Excalibur hits harder than regular Excalibur at equal levels. Generally plays like a frailer but harder hitting FSN Saber. Story-locked to Fuyuki, so really rare.
  • Nero (Saber) Arts AOE which is pretty rare. 2 Heals and a future skill that gives multiple Guts procs means she becomes a one woman army. Story-locked to Septem, so really rare, though many ppl rolled for her at Nerofest

• EMIYA (Archer): Has 3 Arts cards, rare for an Archer, so can cast his NP often. Stats are kind of weak till late game (60/70+), and Unlimited Blade Works doesn't do that much damage. He gets a lot of buffs in the future to make him much much better. Also featured in many events in the future, so having him makes your farming easier.
  • Lancelot (Berserker): AOE berserker that needs support to help him charge his NP. Once charged starts wiping out waves. Can't be gotten in the guranteed roll.
  • Everybody else but Stheno: All have niches in which they excel. For certain classes (Lancer, Rider, Assassin), these can be the best ones available for a while (thanks to Ala Alba for mentioning)
  • Stheno: Kind of sucks since NP does no damage, gets a few buffs far away in the future to become an ok char paired with Divine characters

x-Lundz-x

Probably silly question but how can I farm more apples? I have 10 golden and none of the others but I never see them drop. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom