• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quonny

Ok, based on a grand order farming table doc I've found on online, we're supposed to farm Thiers in Orleans for Dragon fangs.
12 battles later, never got a dragon fang drop.
Am i just unlucky or is the info wrong?

Drop rates are complete shit and IMO are never worth it. Farm the dailies.

Kenai

Ok, based on a grand order farming table doc I've found on online, we're supposed to farm Thiers in Orleans for Dragon fangs.

You have to look at the general drop rates, but just assume that they are gonna be very bad unless proven otherwise. I pulled up my list and it estimates that drop rate at 17-18%, so you'll get one per average for 40 stamina spent. The monster event on Friday is a bit better average, but yea.

In the first post, it says that you can get a 4* with a facebook code. Is this still going on?

Also, after completing a level, you can choose it again, and it says, "free mission", i tried one of them but it still used some AP. Is it supposed to be free?

Hubb

Ok, honestly with 18% drop rate on the list, i would have thought that i would have gotten lucky at least once. Will probably wait for friday daily then.

Dailies aren't much better so don't get your hopes up. I can't get these fucking feathers to drop. Everything else drops, not feathers.

In the first post, it says that you can get a 4* with a facebook code. Is this still going on?

Also, after completing a level, you can choose it again, and it says, "free mission", i tried one of them but it still used some AP. Is it supposed to be free?

The free 4* campaign basically ended this month. (It wasn't actually with a Facebook code either - that's just how it worked in Japan.)

"Free mission" just means the mission is still repeatable after you finish it. It still uses AP.

The Desire Sensor is real.

Never play with the intention of getting something specifically. Just play and collect the drops and then once in a while check up what you can upgrade/improve with what you already have.

yippeed

Neo Member
I don't even bother farming anything but monuments in the dailies because the rates are just that bad. For monster hunt days; I run 3x each and be "happy" you got MP and move on.

And now a would you rather:
3rd ascend EMIYA, Martha, and Medea or Herc. Herc needs hearts and talons which overlap. Don't have the monuments ready or the all (0 archer, 2 rider, 4 zerk to go).

I don't even bother farming anything but monuments in the dailies because the rates are just that bad. For monster hunt days; I run 3x each and be "happy" you got MP and move on.

And now a would you rather:
3rd ascend EMIYA, Martha, and Medea or Herc. Herc needs hearts and talons which overlap. Don't have the monuments ready or the all (0 archer, 2 rider, 4 zerk to go).

Herc has his biggest stat gains locked behind his later ascensions. The others all start slowing down at higher levels or only keep going at the same rate.

vareon

Yeah I need them for Altria -and- Elizabeth and just realized I probably need to spend my youth farming Dragon Fangs.

Articalys

Looking at the wiki, are there really only the five leveling curves (linear, S, reverse-S, slight S, slight reverse-S), and all servants within a group have their stat gains speed up and slow down at the same levels?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is Frankenstein's Monster popular enough to warrant a summer variant again?

Wow I thought Nobunaga's was metal as fuck but then Altria Alter did hers.

Oh shit! I need that guitar skeleton one.

THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO ROCK, WE SALUTE YOU

The standouts are definitely Nitocris and the drowning chamber, Helena's with the Independence Day out of nowhere, Summer Umu, Summer Nobu, and of course the fucking Meido Alter riding the fucking bike catching a fucking flying sniper rifle which still manages to shoot a fucking Seibah Beamu because as we all know, all real Sabers shoot beams.

Haly

c8f48567f348f83bdab3d6397e380b78--mythological-creatures-monster-musume.jpg
This is a monster girl. Note: at least 50% monster, preferably exhibiting predatory tendencies as monsters are wont to do.

This is just a girl.

Laiza

I actually like Frankenstein's NP the most out of those, just for the pure simplicity of a big-ass fuckin' LIGHTNING LASER SWORD slamming down from high above.

Also like her normal attack animations. I need this kind of over-the-top madness in my life.

I'm not even a fan of her character. I just really like that kind of tech and fighting style. It's my jam, man.

Articalys

Should I just immediately 2nd ascend whenever possible, unless it would drop me below a certain number of pieces, even if I don't have nearly enough XP cards to further level the servant up?

Haly

I don't think it makes a difference either way unless there are other people you want to ascend + level first.

I just do it for the art. Too bad 3rd ascension doesn't come with any art change.

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah so uh, NP animations have gotten more elaborate over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QagEA3OsjKs
Summer Nobu takes the crown for the one Servant in this game I absolutely have to roll for no matter what. Her normal attack animations are ridiculously good, too. Spins on the turntable built into her guitar to blow people up, surfs her guitar into people, plays a rad solo complete with an explosion behind her whenever she activates a skill. It's amazing.

T-Rex.

Banned
No. She's not even top tier on the waifu list, why would she compare to Iskandar where there's single digit competition for husbandos?
Emiya is the only male servant that gets a perma spot on my team, I have no need for Iskandar because GAR.

Waifu talk aside though, just gameplay wise you can spam Drake's NP like 2 or 3x in the time it takes Iskandar to get his bar full (cos of her skills) so I've always preferred her cos of that.
Also boobs and a ship.

Articalys

I don't think it makes a difference either way unless there are other people you want to ascend + level first.

I just do it for the art. Too bad 3rd ascension doesn't come with any art change.
Huh? I thought the order went
Base -> 1st ascension (new art + skill) -> 2nd ascension -> 3rd ascension (new art + skill) -> 4th ascension (special card art)
Is there another way of referring to the ascension stages?

Haly

Oh I was thinking of 2nd not 3rd. I guess I was counting base as a "stage" but that's technically untrue.

Kenai

Emiya is the only male servant that gets a perma spot on my team, I have no need for Iskandar because GAR.

Waifu talk aside though, just gameplay wise you can spam Drake's NP like 2 or 3x in the time it takes Iskandar to get his bar full (cos of her skills) so I've always preferred her cos of that.
Also boobs and a ship.

I have Waver so he will be fine. She does charge faster on her own, but he hits waaaay harder, especially when he lines up his boosts (attack boost, NP boost, and Buster boost/crit stars, whew)) plus his 8(!) hit NP mean I will finally have an efficient 2 round farmer since he will be good at using all those stars the round after naturally. Plus since his NP also has -def on it he'll be able to help knock some bosses around too.

Iskandar and Drake are in the same tier since what one doesn't do the other does, but since he's so OTP with Waver canonically and mechanically, drawing Isk would work out real, real gud for me.

Haly

some one who shalle notte be naym'd said:
you can hold out hope that your favorite historical figure will get the type moon treatment

I wasn't actually hoping this but the question was posed and this is my answer.

5* genderbent Genghis Khan, thicc, brown, but not a boobmonster like Scheherazade. Rider, but not shit. NP is Silk Road
(what a TWEEST)
, which gives your party buffs based on their Command Card distribution. Buster = Attack Up, Arts = NP Charge, Quick = Crit Stars.

Yes I'm writing fanfiction for a franchise I hate. Kill me now.

T-Rex.

Banned
I have Waver so he will be fine. She does charge faster on her own, but he hits waaaay harder, especially when he lines up his boosts (attack boost, NP boost, and Buster boost/crit stars, whew)) plus his 8(!) hit NP mean I will finally have an efficient 2 round farmer since he will be good at using all those stars the round after naturally. Plus since his NP also has -def on it he'll be able to help knock some bosses around too.

Iskandar and Drake are in the same tier since what one doesn't do the other does, but since he's so OTP with Waver canonically and mechanically, drawing Isk would work out real, real gud for me.
I'll be honest and admit that the text I had hidden by the spoiler is the most important reason I want her over the other 5* riders.

On an unrelated note, this shitpost made me laugh and since there's nowhere else to put it I'll put it here:

Okay, I just had my worst roll in any gatcha game ever.

It's like the game doesn't like me and I'm forced to play with Marie and Stheno forever and ever.

Just started playing a month ago, but it took a couple days ago that I finally got the mechanics and gameplay down. I didn't even know until yesterday you could switch mystic codes. On a whim I decided to burn all 10 of my summon tickets I earned since I started and on the last ticket I got Jeanne =D

Yup, Emiya will always on my team (until my waifu Kuro eventually gets here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom