• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Thanks for the info, Draggy. Since I have Emiya on my account, I guess I'll stick with the account I started with. Heh, all those re-rolls for nothing, it seems. Damn, I feel like I could have been making progress in the game instead of re-rolling a bunch of times. Damn....

Quonny

Thanks for the info, Draggy. Since I have Emiya on my account, I guess I'll stick with the account I started with. Heh, all those re-rolls for nothing, it seems. Damn, I feel like I could have been making progress in the game instead of re-rolling a bunch of times. Damn....

Well, there's no event going on or anything so you're really not missing much.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

FYI, the reroll is typically on the first SQ roll you get, not on the guaranteed 4* tutorial roll IMHO. Most of the guaranteed 4* are.. ok.. it's more worth it to work to get a hot 5* from the non-tutorial roll. I probably rerolled for 5 hours before finally getting Jeanne (on iOS though.. which meant reinstalling the game and redownloading the major first download each time. sucks that this game basically doesn't work on practically any android emulators anymore)

Ala Alba

Cu Chulainn (FSN) is by far the best Lancer in the game right now and will continue to be so until Scathach.

I disagree. Cu Chulainn is good because he is good at surviving and he's basically free. That's it.

Liz has 1800 more attack, and can increase team attack (and debuff defense for more damage).

Cu's ST NP is pretty much matched by Liz's ability to Buster Brave Chain.

Even with Scathach is released, Liz will be the best non-limited Lancer. After that comes Altria Alter (story locked), Karna (straight better) and Fionn (trash), but that's going to be December at the earliest.

Cu Chulainn (FSN) is by far the best Lancer in the game right now and will continue to be so until Scathach.

That's debatable. What Cu has going for him is his resilience and his single target noble phantasm. He has zero offensive capabilities though.
Elizabeth has a higher attack stat, a party wide attack buff and a defense debuff. She's going to hit a lot harder and gives great team support. She isn't too squishy either thanks to her guts skill. Her AOE noble phantasm is also much better for farming.

Since the game currently lacks high HP bosses I think Elizabeth is much more useful (unless you really need that cockroaching).

Edit: Yeah, what Ala Alba said.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I disagree. Cu Chulainn is good because he is good at surviving
umm.... but this is the point. he basically is available to attack EVERY ROUND. granted the game isn't exactly difficult right now, but taking cu along on some of the harder interludes is basically insta-win as he will outlast everyone right now. the only one more survivable is Herc but you have to get him to Bond 10 to beat cu's survivability.

I disagree. Cu Chulainn is good because he is good at surviving and he's basically free. That's it.

Liz has 1800 more attack, and can increase team attack (and debuff defense for more damage).

Cu's ST NP is pretty much matched by Liz's ability to Buster Brave Chain.

Even with Scathach is released, Liz will be the best non-limited Lancer. After that comes Altria Alter (story locked), Karna (straight better) and Fionn (trash), but that's going to be December at the earliest.

That's debatable. What Cu has going for him is his resilience and his single target noble phantasm. He has zero offensive capabilities though.
Elizabeth has a higher attack stat, a party wide attack buff and a defense debuff. She's going to hit a lot harder and gives great team support. She isn't too squishy either thanks to her guts skill. Her AOE noble phantasm is also much better for farming.

Since the game currently lacks high HP bosses I think Elizabeth is much more useful (unless you really need that cockroaching).

Edit: Yeah, what Ala Alba said.

Right, sorry, I forgot that we're mostly focused on doing easy farming missions right now. Yeah, Liz's ATK buff and AOE NP is better in that case.

That Nitocris Assassin final ascension art.. damn son

10592585.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Liz sux

Cu prototype also sucks but I hate FSN Cu so I'm torn between powergaming and following the path of husbandos.

T-Rex.

Banned
I don't even know how I am going to afford summer 2019... start saving now I guess.
Right lol. Nitocris, Nero, and Alter, I'd have been happy with any of them, instead I got Astolfo. Can't complain too much since I was only using summon tickets I suppose.

Liz sux

Cu prototype also sucks but I hate FSN Cu so I'm torn between powergaming and following the path of husbandos.
What kind of degenerate hates Cu

Haly

Right lol. Nitocris, Nero, and Alter, I'd have been happy with any of them, instead I got Astolfo. Can't complain too much since I was only using summon tickets I suppose.

What kind of degenerate hates Cu
Bad art bad design

56-UBW04-03-099.jpg

F/Z lancer is the same concept but done well.

EDarkness

FYI, the reroll is typically on the first SQ roll you get, not on the guaranteed 4* tutorial roll IMHO. Most of the guaranteed 4* are.. ok.. it's more worth it to work to get a hot 5* from the non-tutorial roll. I probably rerolled for 5 hours before finally getting Jeanne (on iOS though.. which meant reinstalling the game and redownloading the major first download each time. sucks that this game basically doesn't work on practically any android emulators anymore)

Well, they don't give the big boost of SQ anymore, so to have a "second" big pull to get 5* units will take a lot of time to do. It's not worth it so as a new player, gotta get something cool on the initial pull. It's a bummer to know that the characters I wanted to get aren't available to me at the beginning, but such is life. I hope they are available soon.

In the meantime, I reverted back to my original account and I'll live with my level 15 Emiya and Mash until something else comes along.

Haly

Well his character isn't great either but I don't talk to my cards, I just rub their images on my bare skin.

910ee92ec1d6c613e379ca58e65d3130.jpg

Prototype though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bad art bad design

https://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20131/56-UBW04-03-099.jpg[/IMG

F/Z lancer is the same concept but done well.[/QUOTE]

As is the case with every character who appears on Carnival Phantasm, CN Cu Lancer is the best Cu Lancer.

Haly

Medea is pretty bad as well but she looks better once she loses the hood.

Medusa was also bad.

Bahsahkah is okay since his character is the only one that fits early Type-moon's sparse, amateurish art style.

Sasaki is generic but not awful.

EMIYA is actually decent.

Saber is Saberface.

Qurupeke

Female Emiya>>>FSN Emiya

Generally, the Fate/Prototype designs are much more pleasing. Though, one has to wonder what would have happened if Saber was still Arthur and not Artoria. Type Moon would lose a lot of money!

Haly

Depends on how they present ArthurSaber. I mean they make money off of Astolfo.

Kenai

So many wants, so little SQ. :(

At the rate we are going I'll have plenty of SQ by the time Iskandar's banner is here. The plenty has airquotes because 1%

Cleo's banner...well if I get Iskandar quickly (or at all), I should have enough for at least a few pulls since his should be March/April and Cleo's is the following Halloween. But if I don't get him I will be forced to start saving for his next banner so...x_x it could be bad.

I can't make guarantees but I'm saving every quartz and ticket for her. Well, almost every ticket, I use one ticket per banner just to see if I end up 'that guy' who gets a 5* with one pull. And I got a Kaleidoscope that way so I guess I did.

Even with 400+ quartz and 50 tickets there's a danger of this happening though:

I was that guy with Waver, it does happen. I wouldn't dare "expect" my two favorite characters since they are both 5* limited, but I will be able to say I put in the work to try with double digit pulls of SQ saved up from the year prior, since that's all I can do (well, or sign up for a second+ credit card).

Whoops asked in the JP thread by accident:

For CEs do you not get the bonus until you MAX break it?

Like for example Be Elegant starts as 25% enhancement to C Star Drop Rate and at MAX break it's 30% enhancement. Does it not gradually grow to 30%?

Quonny

Like for example Be Elegant starts as 25% enhancement to C Star Drop Rate and at MAX break it's 30% enhancement. Does it not gradually grow to 30%?
You only get the bonus at MAX.

Kenai

The gradual bonus is extra HP/Attack power.

Kenai

Ah I see. So I should really never combine duplicates until I have all of them.

How many copies do you need to MAX CE? 4 in addition to the original?

Yeah but that's just for leveling it right? I understand that each duplicate i meld into it will give me more levels.

For CEs melding it increases max level (and thus max hp/attack power) you can get, and the bonus for melding it with a copy 4 times to hit cap is that bonus, yea. If the CE is a good 4 or a 5 I'd keep em seperate probably, yea

Not sure whether I should save my quarzt for Okita or Scathach. What do you guys think?

Two points, if nothing else:
- Okita ended up in the gacha pool for the first new year paid gacha, meaning that Okita could be your guaranteed 5*. Scathach did not.
- Scathach's gacha also had a rate-up for Fragments of 2030, one of the best CEs in the game.

Articalys

Speaking of CEs, if I have two Nightless Rose still sitting around from the event, should I keep them separate or merge one into the other?

I have a few questions.

1. The servants that you use in battle do NOT gain EXP from the battles correct? The only way to level them up is by using those experience essence/ servant cards with the same logo right?

2. Is there a guide for beginners on how to maximize AP usage? I currently have 34 AP for my level, and it takes about 8 AP for each stage, so I only get to play 4 stages.

3. Should the Saint Quartz be used for summoning only, or is there another good use for it?

Thanks

Speaking of CEs, if I have two Nightless Rose still sitting around from the event, should I keep them separate or merge one into the other?

I keep them separate for double the UMU

Speaking of which, Summer UMU has multiple hairstyles to choose from as you ascend her. She starts with the twintails, then she gets a ponytail, then she gets the classic bun on final ascension. No one can ever accuse DW of not giving you incredible value for your waifu whaling.

I have a few questions.

1. The servants that you use in battle do NOT gain EXP from the battles correct? The only way to level them up is by using those experience essence/ servant cards with the same logo right?

2. Is there a guide for beginners on how to maximize AP usage?

3. Should the Saint Quartz be used for summoning only, or is there another good use for it?

Thanks

1. You don't need to use the same class exp. You just get 20% more exp when matching classes. But otherwise, yes. All EXP cards other than 4* EXP will very quickly become obsolete so you can burn lower rarity ones as soon as you get them.

2. Not really? Just use 'em as you see fit. It's probably better than your AP bar is relatively low when you level up/use a Apple/Quartz though.

3. Summoning only.

1. You don't need to use the same class exp. You just get 20% more exp when matching classes. But otherwise, yes. All EXP cards other than 4* EXP will very quickly become obsolete so you can burn lower rarity ones as soon as you get them.

2. Not really? Just use 'em as you see fit. It's probably better than your AP bar is relatively low when you level up/use a Apple/Quartz though.

3. Summoning only.

Thank you Pure!

BaconHat

Ok, based on a grand order farming table doc I've found on online, we're supposed to farm Thiers in Orleans for Dragon fangs.
12 battles later, never got a dragon fang drop.
Am i just unlucky or is the info wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom