• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadfolk

Has there been any word on this releasing in other countries?

No idea what the situation is in UK/rest of EU, but it's still unavailable in Ireland.

EDarkness

Yeah, that's Oda Nobunaga, who is usually awesome in every form of media.

What? Nobunaga? Isn't he a man...? Man, I wonder what he'd think about being transformed into a woman....

Still, I love the maid one. Motorcycle, water, sniper rifle. Awesome.

Goal for the day is to get enough Spirit Quartz to do a 10 pull. Not sure I can, because everything takes soooo much energy to run. I mean, early story missions take 8 per to run anything. At level 15, that's a lot. At least I was able to get Emiya to level 29. He's much better at higher levels.

Quonny

Svex3dI.png

This is just the goddamn cutest thing ever.

EDarkness

I laughed.
Why did Nobunaga stand out for you?
Arthur, Da Vinci, Frankenstein, Mordred, Nero, the list goes on and on.

Heh, nah, I said the same thing about Nero and Da Vinci. But considering Nobunaga's status in Japan, I thought it funny. I guess next is George Washington...as a woman. Ha, ha!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got my first feather outside of quest rewards/event shop.
Need 2 more, which will take 65 years.

I've gotten a decent amount of gold chest drops before for the monster hunting dailies, but they usually end up being gem drops. Just now I did a couple runs, ended up with 3 gems and 1 feather in the 4 golds that dropped.

I guess that if I downloaded the apk, I wouldn't be able to microtransact?

You can do microtransactions but I think there are some currency shenanigans involved. You might need to buy US Google Play cards.
For downloading the app I recommend QooApp since it is able to update your game without erasing your save data each time.

On Android at least the game accepts my credit card with no issue (and autoconverts the cost to Singapore dollars for me).

But it won't allow me to use SGD Play Cards.

T-Rex.

Banned
I think I still have the details to my old Jeanne + Vlad account that I no longer use, so if anyone wants to have it lemme know.

Qurupeke

I've managed to gather all the Phoenix Feathers needed for max Altria and Atalante, so I'm free. Until I decide to max ascend Cu...

x-Lundz-x

I need a bunch of everything except these damn gems! :)

Feathers and seeds are the mats that could drop in today's daily. I've only gotten 1 of each to drop ever since the dailies cycled over yesterday. Lots of gems of course.

Gotcha, I got one seed but don't have any characters that need then yet.

I'm really enjoying this game but it's hard to not spend real money on it. If I am correct we have a guaranteed 5* pull at the beginning of the year but it has to be with paid quartz right? Guess I'll drop a few bucks on the game then.

Gotcha, I got one seed but don't have any characters that need then yet.

I'm really enjoying this game but it's hard to not spend real money on it. If I am correct we have a guaranteed 5* pull at the beginning of the year but it has to be with paid quartz right? Guess I'll drop a few bucks on the game then.

Wait what? A gacha that only works with PAID Quartz? That's pretty scummy, even for a mobile game

Wait what? A gacha that only works with PAID Quartz? That's pretty scummy, even for a mobile game

You will only be able to roll it once, and it gives you a guaranteed 5* from the pool. It's been run in Japan only twice a year.

Lots of people looking forward to it, seems like.

Laiza

How much would it be?
It's a ten-roll, so 30 paid quartz required. (JP used to require 40 quartz, 4 quartz for each roll, but at some point they lowered the cost to 3 quartz per roll, which we already have, so we'll get the reduced price.)

Pretty normal, bunch of other games do it. What's scummy is actually the "bonus" you get when paying for fake currency doesn't count as paid.

Is this really a common practice? What other games do this? I don't think a single microtransaction game Ive ever played has had this distinction between paid-for and earned "premium currency", though I guess I haven't played that many.

I believe the guaranteed 5* is for a particular servant, not a random guaranteed 5* from the pool.

No, every one of these has always been random from a pool (or a pool of your choice from multiple pools).

The last paid gacha with guaranteed 5* was less than two weeks ago in JP for the 2nd anniversary. The pool was every 5* ever released in the game, limited and non-limited.

All in the same pool. And you get one roll.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
From what I understood it's random. There will be others that you can choose the class or group of classes.

Ahh, you're right...I was thinking of the latter case, where you could restrict it somewhat to make it easier to avoid picking up a dupe.

The last paid gacha with guaranteed 5* was less than two weeks ago in JP for the 2nd anniversary. The pool was every 5* ever released in the game, limited and non-limited.

All in the same pool. And you get one roll.

I look forward to getting yet another Altria and getting her up to NP4.

Ephidel

First New Year had the "unlimited" 5*s and Okita Souji.
First Anniversary had two sets, the first had Altria/Altera/Mordred/Orion/Tesla/Arjuna/Karna/Altria(Lancer)/Jeanne, the second had Drake/Medb/Rameses/Jack/Waver/Tamamo/Xuanxang/Vlad/Nightingale/Cu Alter.
The second New Year split it up by class, so there were seven different rate ups (Saber/Archer/Lancer/Rider/Caster/Berserker/Assassin+Other) but you could only roll for a guaranteed 5* in one of them.
Then the Second Anniversary just chucked everything in together.

buyao

Neo Member
Is this really a common practice? What other games do this? I don't think a single microtransaction game Ive ever played has had this distinction between paid-for and earned "premium currency", though I guess I haven't played that many.

I can't speak for all the other games, but the other two games I've played: Idolmaster CG: Starlight Stage and iDOLM@STER Million Live!: Theater Days do this too.

RSchmitz

I will roll the guaranteed gacha. I'd be happy with any ssr. Since Gil won't be there the only dup I could get is Waver so hopefully I dodge him.
Even then it would be fine since I've been playing a lot and I think it's fair to drop some cash.

RSchmitz

First New Year had the "unlimited" 5*s and Okita Souji.
First Anniversary had two sets, the first had Altria/Altera/Mordred/Orion/Tesla/Arjuna/Karna/Altria(Lancer)/Jeanne, the second had Drake/Medb/Rameses/Jack/Waver/Tamamo/Xuanxang/Vlad/Nightingale/Cu Alter.
The second New Year split it up by class, so there were seven different rate ups (Saber/Archer/Lancer/Rider/Caster/Berserker/Assassin+Other) but you could only roll for a guaranteed 5* in one of them.
Then the Second Anniversary just chucked everything in together.
Could you roll once for each set in 1st anniversary?

T-Rex.

Banned
Heh, heh. *sniff, sniff* It's all good, I'm rolling with Emiya now and he's puttin' in work. Just gotta get him leveled up!
You sure? I'm not going to use it so it's not an issue. I think the account has Emiya and Carmilla as well, but it's been ages since I used it so I can't really remember.

Kenai

I'll be honest and admit that the text I had hidden by the spoiler is the most important reason I want her over the other 5* riders.

I ain't mad at ya, since it's a similar, if "opposite" reason for me being particularly interested in Iskandar. My Iskandar-like options are pretty limited in F-GO, but there's lots of characters who seem to sport what Drake is packing when my mood swings that way (well, maybe not a ship...)

I look forward to getting yet another Altria and getting her up to NP4.

I think the character people have been "happy" to get in those rolls goes by the nickname of "Thicc" on reddit and is so unique that they made her own category in the tier list
at the bottom of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom