• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiza

Yes, because I'm expecting not to pull anything higher than 4* until then. Best to keep expectations low!
That's the spirit!

I'm not even sure if I'll bother with the paid-only summonings. If we got to pick our servant that'd be one thing, but a chance out of 10 is not worth it. I'm not even interested in them for the power, I just like certain 5* designs and want to have one in my collection.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
In the paid gacha that's split into classes, there's one with just Jack and Jeanne as guaranteed SSRs. If you have neither of them, the worst case scenario being a cute tank that'll save your ass in some harder content down the line sounds like a decent deal.

Kieli

That's the spirit!

I'm not even sure if I'll bother with the paid-only summonings. If we got to pick our servant that'd be one thing, but a chance out of 10 is not worth it. I'm not even interested in them for the power, I just like certain 5* designs and want to have one in my collection.

My logic is that if I'm still playing the game in December, I've gotten a full game's worth so I wouldn't mind dropping paid quartz for the guaranteed 5*. If it's usable, awesome! If it's not, whatever. No biggie.

EDarkness

You sure? I'm not going to use it so it's not an issue. I think the account has Emiya and Carmilla as well, but it's been ages since I used it so I can't really remember.

Thanks, man. I would feel strange taking it, so perhaps someone else would be more worthy. Not to sound strange, but I kinda like getting where I'm going under my own power...good or bad. Someone who is more in need should have access to it, I think. I appreciate the thought, though. Heh, heh.

chrono01

In the paid gacha that's split into classes, there's one with just Jack and Jeanne as guaranteed SSRs. If you have neither of them, the worst case scenario being a cute tank that'll save your ass in some harder content down the line sounds like a decent deal.
Yeah, this is why I'm going to skip going for Jack when she's released in December. If I don't manage her with the guaranteed gacha, I'll at least get Jeanne d'arc, who's also awesome.

Yeah, this is why I'm going to skip going for Jack when she's released in December. If I don't manage her with the guaranteed gacha, I'll at least get Jeanne d'arc, who's also awesome.

That version of the paid gacha is another year from December!

In the meantime, you could get Jack from any gacha roll on anyone else's banner all of next year. Since, you know, the rate-up is a lie.

Quonny

U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U
M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M U M

Quonny

DGXhcGC.jpg

Best boy ascended to bestest boy.

Articalys

There are some pretty big differences in quality between the various interludes. On one hand you've got stuff like Lancelot's which is basically a quick bunch of nonsense involving jokes about logs, and on the other you have things like Jeanne's which has a ton of conversation involving serious character introspection before you even get to the first fight.

I did chuckle at Jing Ke's though when I realized
they were going to use Gil as a stand-in enemy for the "king"

weeaboo

aVfz334.png

one more Heart to ascend Emiya and im probably done with leveling and servant management this year. Now I need Scathach or Mordred or both...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
300 ap across two daily, not a single mat- only spell gem at the boss.

same here... I spent every AP I had during knights and got one seed (I only needed one feather). Today I am at 120 so far and nothing.

so fucking frustrating.

Got a claw of chaos while doing 20 AP daily, so Martha got her long awaited 3rd ascension. If people are missing the golem and wyvern missions for the weekly master mission 10 AP daily today has a bunch of them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
same here... I spent every AP I had during knights and got one seed (I only needed one feather). Today I am at 120 so far and nothing.

so fucking frustrating.

Beyond frustrating. What is the point of making the drop rate so terrible?

Quonny

Beyond frustrating. What is the point of making the drop rate so terrible?

They added locations in later stages that have much better drop rates. Compare the claws, 88 AP average for Japan vs 370 AP for US.

Kinda why I don't know why people are so intent on farming these 6% drop items at this point when you could farm much easier items and spread your power out a bit.

I understand the urge to have 2 super powerful units, but tons of impressions, videos, and so on show that the 2-4* units in specific team comps are just as good or better than just jamming all your materials into a couple units, especially if you're not a whale.

I'm farming the more common items and getting my less powerful units more powerful. My Robin Hood's NP does 240k damage for me right now on one target and he's not even capped. I'm enjoying finding 'secret strats' and it's way more rewarding than spending 400 AP to get one material for one unit when I need five of them, especially when we are going to get these maps and better drop rates in the future.

I dunno. Play how you want, but it seems silly.

Pejo

I mean, I posted exactly what I do in the same post.

I get what you're saying, and I definitely plan to level up a few alternate characters (3* and 4*), but right now I'm focusing on my heavy-hitters just literally for the FP. I noticed when my characters were a little behind the level 80 curve, I was getting way less FP than I am now that my main 2 are level 80. It's one of the things that makes me regret not re-rolling some more for Waver.

Now what am I collecting FP for? Angry Man mainly, but it's also nice for free mana prisms from sold servants and fous.

OVDRobo

They added locations in later stages that have much better drop rates. Compare the claws, 88 AP average for Japan vs 370 AP for US.

Kinda why I don't know why people are so intent on farming these 6% drop items at this point when you could farm much easier items and spread your power out a bit.

I understand the urge to have 2 super powerful units, but tons of impressions, videos, and so on show that the 2-4* units in specific team comps are just as good or better than just jamming all your materials into a couple units, especially if you're not a whale.

I'm farming the more common items and getting my less powerful units more powerful. My Robin Hood's NP does 240k damage for me right now on one target and he's not even capped. I'm enjoying finding 'secret strats' and it's way more rewarding than spending 400 AP to get one material for one unit when I need five of them, especially when we are going to get these maps and better drop rates in the future.

I dunno. Play how you want, but it seems silly.

It's good that they put better drops rates in later on but we're stuck before those improvements for now. Knowing that it will get better in the future doesn't help in the present nor does it excuse that someone looked at these rates at some point and thought it was acceptable. It's incredibly poor design, particularly for a game that needs players to want to continue playing and remain invested.

Ascending 2-4* units is almost as resource-consuming as ascending rarer units and all you get out of it is a more situational unit than the one powerhouse you could have by focusing your efforts. The effects are particularly emphasised at the moment when there's not much strategy involved in the combat because everyone's overleveled as hell thanks to the lack of content and 1/2AP event(s).

A combination of the awful drop rates and lack of anything else to do but grind is basically forcing people to grind for things they don't really need yet while simultaneously refusing to give it to them. I imagine the combination is probably testing even the most zealous fans at the moment because your options are either an unrewarding grind or quitting.

Quonny

I get what you're saying, and I definitely plan to level up a few alternate characters (3* and 4*), but right now I'm focusing on my heavy-hitters just literally for the FP. I noticed when my characters were a little behind the level 80 curve, I was getting way less FP than I am now that my main 2 are level 80. It's one of the things that makes me regret not re-rolling some more for Waver.

Now what am I collecting FP for? Angry Man mainly, but it's also nice for free mana prisms from sold servants and fous.

How many FP are Waver people getting? Genuinely curious.

You essentially get 2k a day for free due to the daily pull, which seems like it's enough as long as you actually remember to do it.

Qurupeke

How many FP are Waver people getting? Genuinely curious.

You essentially get 2k a day for free due to the daily pull, which seems like it's enough as long as you actually remember to do it.

Tbh, I don't even think that Waver is the most popular choice right now, you need servants that make farming faster. Servants like Altria (Alter) and Altera with area-wide damage or Bersekers seem a lot more useful. Personally, I tried to max my Altria as soon as possible, and I'm now getting more than 5K friend points per day. I don't think it's a terrible idea to focus on your best units, even if FPs aren't essential right now, it certainly helps to make friends that aren't just Mashu.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I mean, I posted exactly what I do in the same post.

Except several of us have already maxed out our other servants as well. A long while ago. So what else are we gonna do aside from stockpile EXP cards or farm QP? Try to get mats to ascend folks. And we're not going to just ascend everyone available if we're priortizing certain mats for particular servants.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I've ascended over half of my lower profile servants at least once already (for interludes) and the characters I actually do like and would use more of, I don't have the mats to ascend any further (or I'm saving them for more important servants). It basically goes right back to needing those mats with terrible droprates, lol.

Although this week I've been running the 30AP daily to burn silver exp. cards for mana prisms more than anything. It's more productive than blowing all my AP for yet another void dust or some shit, but eh.

Hubb

Tbh, I don't even think that Waver is the most popular choice right now, you need servants that make farming faster. Servants like Altria (Alter) and Altera with area-wide damage or Bersekers seem a lot more useful. Personally, I tried to max my Altria as soon as possible, and I'm now getting more than 5K friend points per day. I don't think it's a terrible idea to focus on your best units, even if FPs aren't essential right now, it certainly helps to make friends that aren't just Mashu.

I think you are underestimating how many friend points high level Jeane/Wavers get right now.

XiaNaphryz

what are better items to be farming right now?

I think all the drop rates are pretty abysmal. I got 1 feather and 1 seed yesterday in 2 full AP bars worth of playing (so 240+), and in today's so far I've gotten 1 fang, 1 claw, and 1 crystal in a full AP bar's worth...slightly better, but I fully expect once my AP regenerates I'll get no further drops today.

Mupod

I think you are underestimating how many friend points high level Jeane/Wavers get right now.

commish has probably gotten like 100k from me alone

I get a decent amount from Vlad support. But I use my FP because those are the only rolls I get to do for a while.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
commish has probably gotten like 100k from me alone

I get a decent amount from Vlad support. But I use my FP because those are the only rolls I get to do for a while.

Ha, I'm closing in on 500k friend points. I wonder if there's a limit?

And Quonny is right - it's probably best to wait on farming these items because odds will improve drastically down the road.

Quonny

And Quonny is right - it's probably best to wait on farming these items because odds will improve drastically down the road.

I didn't mean to say anyone is playing the game wrong. Apologize if it came off that way. If you really want to get that one character to maximum power ASAP for whatever reason (power, waifu, husbando, art, FP), go for it.

But that just isn't worth the frustration for me. I'd rather get my cursey hand Assassin powered up and see what he can do. I'd rather see how far I can push Robin Hood. I'd rather spread out my power to counter specific events/fights when that time comes, because God knows I'm not going to whale for a powerful, balanced team.

But if that's not you, that's fine. I'm just sitting here wondering why everyone is banging their head against the wall when they don't have to. The game is ez, especially since everyone abused the hell out of 1/2 AP.

But, like I said, you do you. And that's not disparaging or meant to look down on anyone. People can play how they want. Just offering an alternative that may lead to a less frustrating experience.

Reminder of why we're hoarding FP now:

In basically all future events, you will need event-limited CEs to improve your drop rates for event items.

There will be four ways to get event CEs:
- Random drops from event quests
- Trade in event items in the shop
- Roll the FP gacha
- Roll quartz

The first two options will never be enough to get all event CEs - there will always be some that you can only get by rolling. If you don't want to roll quartz for the 4* and 5* ones, you can still get the 3* ones if you have enough FP.

Mupod

well I'm clearly going to get lucky on Halloween and my future NP5 Tamamo will rake in all the FP. No point saving now.

Reminder of why we're hoarding FP now:

In basically all future events, you will need event-limited CEs to improve your drop rates for event items.

So, for example, in an hypothetical new Nerofest there would be a "Nerofest Special CE" that improves drop rates for items in this specific event or will it work down the line in any event?

So, for example, in an hypothetical new Nerofest there would be a "Nerofest Special CE" that improves drop rates for items in this specific event or will it work down the line in any event?

Not even hypothetical. Next year's Nerofest will have three CEs that boost drop rates for the different medal types, and you will only be able to get them from the gacha during Nerofest.

No, they won't improve drop rates for other events.

500K?! Oh man, and I thought I had a lot with my 150k, I need to change my lineup huh?

Gotta clean my friend list too, some people in my list logged in 9 days ago.

XiaNaphryz

I didn't mean to say anyone is playing the game wrong. Apologize if it came off that way. If you really want to get that one character to maximum power ASAP for whatever reason (power, waifu, husbando, art, FP), go for it.

But that just isn't worth the frustration for me. I'd rather get my cursey hand Assassin powered up and see what he can do. I'd rather see how far I can push Robin Hood. I'd rather spread out my power to counter specific events/fights when that time comes, because God knows I'm not going to whale for a powerful, balanced team.

But if that's not you, that's fine. I'm just sitting here wondering why everyone is banging their head against the wall when they don't have to. The game is ez, especially since everyone abused the hell out of 1/2 AP.

But, like I said, you do you. And that's not disparaging or meant to look down on anyone. People can play how they want. Just offering an alternative that may lead to a less frustrating experience.

But some of us said that we've already done what you're suggesting and have no other servants to level up. That half-AP daily time period before Nerofest took care of that. We're not disagreeing with you, just saying that even taking your approach you end up in our situation.

Quonny

But some of us said that we've already done what you're suggesting and have no other servants to level up. We're not disagreeing with you, just saying that even taking your approach you end up in our situation.

Really?

Because a ton of 2-4* servants require not-very-rare materials all the way up to their 3rd, and sometimes even 4th, ascension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom