• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Really?

Because a ton of 2-4* servants require not-very-rare materials all the way up to their 3rd, and sometimes even 4th, ascension.

Yep. We got a lot of the mats for those inital ascensions during that half-AP time period. I've got a bunch of folks with at least their first or second ascensions and still am missing a lot of mats to get others ascended because stuff like shields are a common item needed for everyone for example, and because so many of them are needed for higher level ascensions I'm saving a chunk of those for certain ascensions and then using the leftovers for low level ascensions once I get enough. Many of us are also holding off on certain second or third ascensions because we're prioritizing those mats for a specific servant.

Laiza

Wow, that hurts.

How much did I miss out on by joining so late?

I'm not getting that many FPs, either. Which isn't surprising, considering I poured my resources into d'Eon (when few fights require or even encourage a dedicated tank), but damn. I really am way behind.

RSchmitz

My Waver doesn't get me many points. Favorite class is always Berserker.
Doesn't help that I don't have a single kaleido which is great for quick farming which is mostly of what's going on now.

gaiadyne

Wow, that hurts.

How much did I miss out on by joining so late?

I'm not getting that many FPs, either. Which isn't surprising, considering I poured my resources into d'Eon (when few fights require or even encourage a dedicated tank), but damn. I really am way behind.

Even with a level 80 Jeanne and a Kaleidoscope I barely get any FPs. The competition is just too high

Mupod

Support Jeannes were very useful when 40AP exp missions were hard for my team, but now they just make everything take longer. I usually use Waver with my two berserkers.

I have Vlad with a Kaleidoscope as mine, although the funny thing is I never use it on him myself. I prefer Arts card effectiveness, I don't have Formal Craft either, just Projection. But I started getting far more friend points when I put it on him.

I'd imagine once I get Tamamo Cat out of her crappy-stats slump and into level 70-80 territory she might be better as my lead support unit.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Support Jeannes were very useful when 40AP exp missions were hard for my team, but now they just make everything take longer. I usually use Waver with my two berserkers.
Yeah, for a game that involves so much farming, you just want to rip through stages as fast as possible. I'm not even using my own Jeanne these days, she just sits in the backrow to collect BP. (Not mean enough to throw her into the second archive.)

So let's get a few things straight:
- There is a valid reason to ascend your best servants to crazy levels - so you keep getting FP for future use.
- If you don't keep ascending then someone else will have a better Vlad, a better Jeanne, etc. and the FP will go elsewhere.
-This pushes us into the daily grind for materials that never drop, which is frustrating.

But once materials are dropping freely for everyone, then everyone will have the best Vlads and the best Jeannes. Then it'll just be the luck of the draw as to who gets the FP.

If you're competing for FP then right now you have a chance to be the best on your friend list. No one has an edge there except for the (very rare) whales. Once the mats are freely available then the competition only gets fiercer.

I still pull in a constant flow of FP with Altera on ALL and Herc in the Berserker slot.

FP is definitely more plentiful during events though. I'm trying to save up so I can pull for Angra Mainyu.

gaiadyne

So let's get a few things straight:
- There is a valid reason to ascend your best servants to crazy levels - so you keep getting FP for future use.
- If you don't keep ascending then someone else will have a better Vlad, a better Jeanne, etc. and the FP will go elsewhere.
-This pushes us into the daily grind for materials that never drop, which is frustrating.

But once materials are dropping freely for everyone, then everyone will have the best Vlads and the best Jeannes. Then it'll just be the luck of the draw as to who gets the FP.

If you're competing for FP then right now you have a chance to be the best on your friend list. No one has an edge there except for the (very rare) whales. Once the mats are freely available then the competition only gets fiercer.

Because I don't have any problem grinding with my Altria and Altera I usually try to spread out my usage of my friends servants. I think the people with the lower tier servants need the FPs more

mellow

Finally managed to get the final dragon scale I needed to fully ascend Gil earlier. Now time to work on Herc. Hopefully we get a new event soon.

Quonny

I keep a couple low level people in my friendslist and if they quit I just remove them after 2 days.

I want to be their 'super powerful' friend~

I still have several low level friends in my list, even after purging those with more than three days without playing.

I get about 1000 FP a day from them with my Jeanne. Sometimes they use Martha too.

And well, since I'm just waiting for Monuments to be farmable again, I'm upgrading my other Servants. I just ascended Caesar for my Atalanta team, and I'm missing 2 Assassin pieces to ascend Hassan for the same team. And I need a bunch of Dragon Teeth again to ascend Atalanta.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guilty of feeding FP to Commish. Probably the last person who needs more FP in this topic but that Lancelot is just too good.

XiaNaphryz

Can you actually see which of your friend servant setups is getting used? Or is it just the "most used" pop-up we are able to see?

RSchmitz

Just the other day I had like over 2000 pts in a day and the most used servant was my lvl 1 Medea.

I guess someone felt like doing some charity.

Even two years later, Waver is the most chosen option for farming (except for QP where people go for Drake + Mona Lisa). The reason people aren't getting a lot of friend points is because so many people rerolled for Waver in the first place and don't have the CEs to setup fast farming on their own. I have like 25 Wavers on my friendlist and only 5 or 6 Lancelots. It'll balance itself out later on.

Also, don't hold your breath when it comes to getting event CEs with friend points. 250k is enough to expect maybe 1-2 CEs for a single event. I'm not saying it's not better to save for an event; just don't expect to get much from it. Main use for the FP gacha will be mana prisms and leveling up CEs and 3* NPs.

XiaNaphryz

Even two years later, Waver is the most chosen option for farming (except for QP where people go for Drake + Mona Lisa). The reason people aren't getting a lot of friend points is because so many people rerolled for Waver in the first place and don't have the CEs to setup fast farming on their own. I have like 25 Wavers on my friendlist and only 5 or 6 Lancelots. It'll balance itself out later on.

I tried to spread my friend list up a bit. I have some high level Wavers, Alteras, Vlads, and Gils. Once folks start popping up with bond 10 Hercs I'd expect those to be popular for future events.

Speaking of, apparently some already have a bond 10 Herc, lol:

gCOcPgp.jpg

Whales doing whale things.

kewlmyc

I tried to spread my friend list up a bit. I have some high level Wavers, Alteras, Vlads, and Gils. Once folks start popping up with bond 10 Hercs I'd expect those to be popular for future events.

Speaking of, apparently some already have a bond 10 Herc, lol:

gCOcPgp.jpg

Whales doing whale things.

That's insane. They either have godlike luck, or have been playing the game nonstop since it first came out.

Feeling inadequate since only my Tamako is 3rd ascended. I shouldn't have done that considering her and Altera share the same materials for ascendance.

XiaNaphryz

That's insane. They either have godlike luck, or have been playing the game nonstop since it first came out.

Feeling inadequate since only my Tamako is 3rd ascended. I shouldn't have done that considering her and Altera share the same materials for ascendance.

Unless the pic is a photoshop, It would have to be non-stop playing using quartz to refill AP. Which would also be the only way to really farm enough mats.

Two limit broken Kaleidoscopes tells me that a lot of whaling occurred, probably combined with a lot of SQ AP refills.

Moonlight

Banned
It's really... encouraging, that the English translation of the event name featured in the big fancy text has a really obvious grammatical error.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's really... encouraging, that the English translation of the event name featured in the big fancy text has a really obvious grammatical error.

Isn't this the kind of thing Fate fans actually like.

chrono01

Yeah, my Waver rarely gets any FP. Like, I'll get maybe a few hundred per day that's it, and he's Level 80. Granted his skills are still at 1 SINCE I HAVE NO CASTER GEMS (the small blue ones)! I've been running the daily all day, and got one. Just one. Ugh.

Nice to see a date for the Orion event, can't wait to focus on her dumplings.

Quonny

Yeah, my Waver rarely gets any FP. Like, I'll get maybe a few hundred per day that's it, and he's Level 80. Granted his skills are still at 1 SINCE I HAVE NO CASTER GEMS (the small blue ones)! I've been running the daily all day, and got one. Just one. Ugh.

Nice to see a date for the Orion event, can't wait to focus on her dumplings.

chrono pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom