• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smashing my phone brb.

This franchise is stupid for a lot of reasons but Kirei's (and now Apocrypha Shirou's) use of black keys like cosplay-on-the-cheap Wolverine claws stands out as extra stupid.

That's been a thing since Tsukihime, so yeah it's just a Church Executioner thing.

sandpiper

Smashing my phone brb.

This franchise is stupid for a lot of reasons but Kirei's (and now Apocrypha Shirou's) use of black keys like cosplay-on-the-cheap Wolverine claws stands out as extra stupid.

To be fair, the "blades" of black keys are not actually always there. They're materializations.

Only the "hilts" get carried around by Church members like Ciel from Tsukihime and Kirei.

The blade is a semi-solid formed by magical energy, so they are half spiritual objects able to be over-filled with energy to increase their size more than twice over.

So yeah, it's not THAT bad. There's a reason Ciel and Kirei has zillions of them in their coats. It's because they're just carrying around just the hilts.

Also, they're never used as wolverine claws. They're more like "bullets" that are exclusively made for throwing, no one ever actually uses them in melee combat besides deflecting shit because they're not made for that.

I guess you can just handwave the "holding the blades in a fan" formation as being the Church-standard "throwing style".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When I say bad I mean in the sense of "this looks totally fucking stupid and you look like a goon" and not "wow where does he get all those blades".

Articalys

I mean, it's not just Nasu characters that do it either.
3TEY9ws.jpg

qz9YKF7.jpg

Haly

It's true, and both those franchises are also max stupid!

Laiza

There was never any doubt in my mind that we'd get all the events in some form or fashion. Anyone believing otherwise was just jumping to conclusions based on badly relayed info.
When I say bad I mean in the sense of "this looks totally fucking stupid and you look like a goon" and not "wow where does he get all those blades".
It's hard to say it looks "totally fucking stupid" when he's such a badass while wielding them.

But eh, I guess this is one of those YMMV things.

I can't believe this comic is still relevant

462247835_tXi62-2100x20000.jpg

Also, gameplay consensus from the future is apparently that FGO Amakusa Shirou sucks and you will be disappointed to roll him.

aitakute

Also, gameplay consensus from the future is apparently that FGO Amakusa Shirou sucks and you will be disappointed to roll him.

No he is a S rank servant now and on the Japanese page, they are thinking about giving him more points so he will be moving up in the ranks even more.

Haly

I thought Cirno died. Glad I can stop using the wikia now. Thanks m8.

ARNw5OH.png

This is injustice. Plz buff.

Rest assured Emiya got some massive buffs a while ago to account for that huge lift.

Astolfo got buffs so recently that it's after the last set of rankings that Cirnopedia pasted.

And seriously, everything in those rankings between the very top and very bottom is kind of suspect

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
OG Altria will inevitably get some OP buff I think. She hasn't had anything really added since launch, and I can't see them completely ignoring the Franchise Cash Cow.

Mupod

this game has been so brainlessly easy so far it's silly to think about tier lists yet.

how hard does okeanos get? I'm sure Vlad, Emiya and Tamamo Cat will be fine until Halloween.

I'm just cleaning up quartz story missions now...I should be well over 300 once they are done, and we still have okeanos + whatever else we get until october. My goal is 450 quartz worth (counting tickets as 3) to throw at Tamamo, and I should pass that up easily. Still, can't be too careful.

OG Altria will inevitably get some OP buff I think. She hasn't had anything really added since launch, and I can't see them completely ignoring the Franchise Cash Cow.

They already made her the most OP archer in the game.

Why buff the OG when you can make a new version and then even sell entirely new toys.

Pejo

The monument grind is truly the endgame of Fate GO. I grinded all my AP this past weekend, and even got a level up and used an apple, and walked away with 1 Saber monument (need 8 more) and 2 Zerker monuments (need 7 more). I wish they'd at LEAST buff drops so that the 30AP daily boss would only drop monuments instead of monuments/pieces. I mean at least it'd be something.

Also finished off maxing out my starter outfit to level 10. This other one seems kinda lacking, but the dispel would have been handy during Nero for sure.

As far as this news, I just want the event rewards to make it over, I don't care how they do it. If they want to skip the event, sure - go ahead. Just give me all those mats as login rewards or build a quick and dirty grind event for them. I just need those monuments and reverse dragon scales.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
They already made her the most OP archer in the game.

Why buff the OG when you can make a new version and then even sell entirely new toys.

That's exactly my point. They can continue to throw out more versions of her, but at some point I feel like they'll get back to doing something with the original, especially if it becomes story related.

Ala Alba

That's exactly my point. They can continue to throw out more versions of her, but at some point I feel like they'll get back to doing something with the original, especially if it becomes story related.

They just buffed the Intuition skill on two of her versions in JP, so I'm thinking the Saber Altrias will be getting their Intuition skills buffed soonish.

Of course, that will still mean it's two years away for NA.

I did notice that they've been pretty consistent in never including any of the original F/SN servants in the main story of this game (somebody correct me if I'm missing something here).

They show up all the time in events, but if it's the main story then it will always be a variant of some kind.

I did notice that they've been pretty consistent in never including any of the original F/SN servants in the main story of this game (somebody correct me if I'm missing something here).

They show up all the time in events, but if it's the main story then it will always be a variant of some kind.

Saber Alter appears in Fuyuki and also plays a major role in Shinjuku.

Cursed Arm Hassan is a major ally in Camelot.

Ala Alba

IIRC, Nasu has said he considers Altria and Emiya's stories finished. I don't know if he made clear which Emiya (Shirou or EMIYA), but neither original version have appeared in anything other than an event in F/GO.

Saber Alter appears in Fuyuki and also plays a major role in Shinjuku.

Cursed Arm Hassan is a major ally in Camelot.

Heracles shows up a couple times too.

As far as I remember, the original versions of Altria, EMIYA, Cu, Medusa, Medea, and Gilgamesh don't appear in anything but events. However, alternate versions of all of them do.

What do you guys use to complete all the weekly challenges? I never finish more than a couple and it's always just by chance, like kill 5 archer servants, etc. etc.

Baalzebup

What do you guys use to complete all the weekly challenges? I never finish more than a couple and it's always just by chance, like kill 5 archer servants, etc. etc.
Depends on the challenge, dunnit?. Last weeks ones could be done by just doing the 3 Knights and 4 warriors piece/monument farming quests when they were up. This week is much the same, really. I imagine I'll get all of this weeks stuff done by the end of Wendesday since I'll be once again gunning for Saber and Berserker monuments.

I mean is there any kind of website or something where people find the most efficient way to complete them for the week? Or is it just something you gotta research? Cause I have no idea which dailies or quests have what kind of bad guys within.

RSchmitz

Haly

vWeWNmz.jpg

Best Cu. Why must your skill set suck so much (relative) ass?

Haly

The absolute MADMAN.

I was surprised to learn JP ranked Martha highly because she's hot ass. Looking over her page, it seems like she's only good after you max ascend her and do the strengthening quest, turning her party heal from a lame 300 HP at base to 1000 HP. Whew.

Strimei

While its for the Extella sequel, I have to imagine he'll appear in FGO, so...

Fate/Extella Link (the official name apparently) has revealed its first servant, and its none other than Astolfo's king, Charlemagne. And honestly dude looks quite a bit like Gudao (male player character), just with a bit of white hair lining the black.

Also his sword looks a lot like Gawain's Excalibur Galatine for some reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see the rest of the paladins at this point. Roland showed up, and another one was designed apparently.

I know, should've kept Emiya with his default look. That second one is terrible.

You take that back! I love that look...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom