• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

I know, should've kept Emiya with his default look. That second one is terrible.

If you're talking about in this game, you can change them back to previous models in the party/support setup menus. I changed my Gil back to armored Gil only a minute after unlocking shirtless Gil.

Kudo

Does making Japanese iTunes accounts still work?
I can't get mine verified for the love of god, any assistance is appreciated.

Shirtless is best, the only problem is that the leggings are still. They are too bulky and clash with the rest of the look.

Bad opinion.

Shirtless Gil is the best Gil. Gets rid of those goofy He-Man pauldrons he rocks. The shirtless look cuts a stronger image, contrasting the skirt with the slim proportions of his upper body. A+

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My Gil is also shirtless can confirm A Rank design. It's unfortunate his final ascension art isn't shirtless.

I was surprised to learn JP ranked Martha highly because she's hot ass. Looking over her page, it seems like she's only good after you max ascend her and do the strengthening quest, turning her party heal from a lame 300 HP at base to 1000 HP. Whew.

Wouldn't read too much into that. Remember these rankings are from one site, with arbitrary-as-hell criteria once you get past the OP servants everyone agrees on.

(This is the Martha writeup, for anyone that cares to try to understand their ranking: http://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/85141)

Here's what Martha's got going for her.
- AoE rider NP for QP farming. You don't need your own servant for this, just the best Drake on your friends list.
- Party heal. Casters do it better.
- Triple Arts cards and high NP gen. Same as what casters have, and if you want to help the whole party's NP gain then Ushiwakamaru's Tengu Tactics buff is better.
- Party debuff removal. This is what you use her for, I think. Very rare skill on anyone in this game.

aitakute

ADNv1U6.jpg

Finally cleared the 8 swimsuit servants challenge stage. Surprisingly without using any gem to revive. Shirou a beast
*cough* Merlin *cough*, but still, Shirou was awesome

So it's true that you can stick literally anyone with Merlin/Waver and win.

Yes, okay, rulers are good when they throw waves of mixed servant classes at you

Haly

Did they ever say why they don't make anymore 2* and 1*? I'm looking through all the servant art on Cirno and it feels like they never really expanded the lower tiers after the initial release.

I guess bronze servants don't bring in that cash.

T-Rex.

Banned
lBcP5q6.gif

Already have Waver and Gilgamesh, aiming for Jack, Jeanne Alter, Ozy, Cu Alter, and Merlin.

I already have my favorite characters, Emiya and Cu, so I'm set.
Yeah I meant as in why would anyone not use their fav character(s), if they have them, just because the tier list has them at 6.0 and character X is at 8.0 or whatever. The game's not hard, so it's just weird to me. To each their own and all that though.

chrono01

How is this even happening? Did someone hack your account?
Nope, it's not a hack, it's just a account-related thing that seems to happen with the server. There's no fix besides simply waiting it out, and has been a recurring thing since the game launched in Japan. It seems to affect iOS users mostly (from what I've read). I've had it happen to me a few times, so I share Moonlight's frustrating. It is not fun.

Did they ever say why they don't make anymore 2* and 1*? I'm looking through all the servant art on Cirno and it feels like they never really expanded the lower tiers after the initial release.

I guess bronze servants don't bring in that cash.

Well, they just released the first new bronze servant since launch...

But if you think about it, not every gold or silver servant actually has to be good to justify its existence. The bad ones are there to fill up the gacha.

A new bronze servant actually has to have amazing skills (as the new 1* does). And if you make a bronze servant with amazing skills, you're inviting someone to use 10 grails on the servant to raise it to level 100.

If you release two servants like that then between them you'd need all the grails in the game so far.

Articalys

Routine Maintenance Notice (08-31 04:00 UTC)
"Fate/Grand Order" will undergo routine maintenance during the period specified below.

- Date & Time
08-31 04:00 - 07:00 UTC
* Please note that the maintenance period is only an approximation and may conclude slightly before or after the scheduled time.

A required update is available from the App Store and Google Play.
Please update the app after the maintenance period has finished. (Android, iOS):
The latest version is displayed below.
 Android: Ver. 1.3.0
 iOS: Ver. 1.3.0

Updates:
- "Moon Goddess Event Pickup Summon" ends.
Bug Fixes:
- Jing Ke's Noble Phantasm name has been modified.

Improvement of the Game:
1. Adjustment of user interface and graphic
2. Improvement of translation

As an apology to all of our players affected by the bugs listed above, we would like to offer the following in-game bonus.
Applies to:
All users playing “Fate/Grand Order” as of 2017-08-31 03:59 UTC

Details:
- Saint Quartz x3
Are they going to remove the comma or something?

Haly

If you release two servants like that then between them you'd need all the grails in the game so far.

But this is a good thing, right? It allows players to differentiate themselves on the friends list, like someone might have a 90 Georgios while someone else has a 90 Hans, and someone has a (hypothetically as a new 1* Servant) 90 Van Gogh.

To me the point of the friends list is to bum Servants off of other people, since you obviously won't have every Servant unless you're an omega whale. When I figured out how Palingenesis works, I immediately thought "so you'll only be able to grail ascend a few characters at most". It's a natural pairing.
Routine Maintenance Notice (08-31 04:00 UTC)

Are they going to remove the comma or something?
It'll be "Kill, Justly". Or maybe "All You Need Is Kill".

But this is a good thing, right? It allows players to differentiate themselves on the friends list, like someone might have a 90 Georgios while someone else has a 90 Hans, and someone has a (hypothetically as a new 1* Servant) 90 Van Gogh.

To me the point of the friends list is to bum Servants off of other people, since you obviously won't have every Servant unless you're an omega whale. When I figured out how Palingenesis works, I immediately thought "so you'll only be able to grail ascend a few characters at most". It's a natural pairing.

Right, but when you don't know what servants are coming up, and suddenly a really good bronze servant drops, what if you haven't saved 10 grails? You'd need to save grails for a year to get to level 100.

And you don't want to stop at level 80 or something - that's not enough stats for your bronze servant to stand up to the ultra-hard bosses they're releasing nowadays.

Basically I think they're releasing grails at a pace intended mostly for gold and silver servants. Too many new bronze servants would end up ungrailable by a lot of players. It just screws with planning.

Haly

Wow that's a lot of Legend. Yeah I guess they're in too deep to change now. Welp.

aitakute

Right, but when you don't know what servants are coming up, and suddenly a really good bronze servant drops, what if you haven't saved 10 grails? You'd need to save grails for a year to get to level 100.

And you don't want to stop at level 80 or something - that's not enough stats for your bronze servant to stand up to the ultra-hard bosses they're releasing nowadays.

Basically I think they're releasing grails at a pace intended mostly for gold and silver servants. Too many new bronze servants would end up ungrailable by a lot of players. It just screws with planning.
That brings back bad memory. I had to use gem to revive in that battle since I have no assasin

Wouldn't read too much into that. Remember these rankings are from one site, with arbitrary-as-hell criteria once you get past the OP servants everyone agrees on.

(This is the Martha writeup, for anyone that cares to try to understand their ranking: http://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/85141)

Here's what Martha's got going for her.
- AoE rider NP for QP farming. You don't need your own servant for this, just the best Drake on your friends list.
- Party heal. Casters do it better.
- Triple Arts cards and high NP gen. Same as what casters have, and if you want to help the whole party's NP gain then Ushiwakamaru's Tengu Tactics buff is better.
- Party debuff removal. This is what you use her for, I think. Very rare skill on anyone in this game.

Don't forget her other strengthening quest is rule breaker on a stick (no damage but DEF down).

Pejo

0/3 on Saber monuments when I actually got Arturia in the daily, since yesterday. Jesus this grind is painful.

I should probably just forget it for now and catch up on the remaining Free Quests and interludes.

kewlmyc

Yeah I meant as in why would anyone not use their fav character(s), if they have them, just because the tier list has them at 6.0 and character X is at 8.0 or whatever. The game's not hard, so it's just weird to me. To each their own and all that though.

Lucked on Gilgamesh, wasn't expecting to get him. I like the character in a "wow what a bastard" kind of way, so I guess I could consider him a favorite.

I'm using Cu, and plan on using him through the rest of the game as my lancer. Don't plan on drawing for any lancer.

I like Waver from Fate/Zero, so me lucking into him being my first 5* is great. Also great since he's top tier.

As far as the other classes (Berserker, Rider, Assassin, Ruler/Avenger), I don't have any stand out units that I would consider my favorites, so might as well aim for the top tiers for those. Also going for Merlin since I hear he trivializes late game bosses. Maybe I'll go for Iskandar instead of Ozy since I like the character, but who knows considering how far down the line that is.

Pejo

Lucked on Gilgamesh, wasn't expecting to get him. I like the character in a "wow what a bastard" kind of way, so I guess I could consider him a favorite.

I'm using Cu, and plan on using him through the rest of the game as my lancer. Don't plan on drawing for any lancer.

I like Waver from Fate/Zero, so me lucking into him being my first 5* is great. Also great since he's top tier.

As far as the other classes (Berserker, Rider, Assassin, Ruler/Avenger), I don't have any stand out units that I would consider my favorites, so might as well aim for the top tiers for those. Also going for Merlin since I hear he trivializes late game bosses. Maybe I'll go for Iskandar instead of Ozy since I like the character, but who knows considering how far down the line that is.

Good man. Cu is getting my grails, don't even care. I'll still go for Cu Alter, but that sprite looks the worst kind of 90s edgy. Too bad he doesn't have a single ascension art that removes the stupid hooves and tail.

If we're talking about fav. servants, here's where I ended up after spending way too long looking at future banners:

Saber - Already got Altera, Arturia, and Arturia Alter. Maybe try for Musashi for a ST saber down the road.

Archer - Already got Gil and Atalanta, and I think Kuro is free(?). Wouldn't mind an Emiya just for fan sake, but not going to pull specifically for him.

Lancer - Cu's getting grailed, might try for Arturia Alter Lancer for AoE

Rider - Already got Martha and Marie. I don't see myself using this class much other than for waveclear on farming stuff anyways. Probably won't pull for more.

Caster - I don't have any good casters yet, I really want Tamamo and Merlin, wouldn't mind a Waver too.

Assassin - Want 2 units specifically here, King Hassan and Emiya. Will whale for them if necessary.

Berserker - Have Vlad and Lancelot already, want Cu Alter and wouldn't mind MHX Alter for fun.

So all in all, I don't have an impossible list, as most of this stuff is spread out over the next year or so.

RSchmitz

I'm just getting Jalter no matter what, and then I'll try Merlin for Jalter support. After that I'll probably only spend on Jalter until NP5 and guaranteed gachas.
There's only one waifu.

Kintoki Banner announced for 7th September, along with 1/2 AP for Doors, Duel with Knights/Cavalries and Monster Hunting Dailies.

Also give 'em likes and shares on Facebook for free quartz and other goodies.

sandpiper

I know that I want Merlin, Welfare Shiki, Assassin Shiki, and Ozy the most, and one of those is welfare so I'm only REALLY going to roll for 3 rate ups in the future

Having Jalter, Nitocris, Jack and Salter would be nice, but I'm not too crazy re:getting them. It's OK if I don't.

The main reason I want Salter is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjMgVi3PeA

Dope animations.

I know that I want Merlin, Welfare Shiki, Assassin Shiki, and Ozy the most, and one of those is welfare so I'm only REALLY going to roll for 3 rate ups in the future

Having Jalter, Nitocris, Jack and Salter would be nice, but I'm not too crazy re:getting them. It's OK if I don't.

The main reason I want Salter is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNjMgVi3PeA

Dope animations.

For the record those animations may not be coming for a very long time

RSchmitz

So it's two weeks with half ap cost:
AP Cost ½ Campaign will also commence!
The AP Cost for Daily Quests will become ½ during the following period:

"Enter the Treasure Vault" AP Cost ½ Period: 2017-08-31 7:00 - 09-07 3:59 UTC

"Duel with the Three Knights" "Duel with the Four Cavalries" "Monster Hunting" AP Cost ½ Period: 2017-09-07 7:00 - 09-14 3:59 UTC

Free stuff:
For reaching 10,000 Likes...
Players will receive 18 Saint Quartz, 4 Summon Tickets, and 3 Golden Fruits!
For reaching 2,000 Shares...
Players will receive 10 Mana Prisms a day during a special period for up to 130 Mana Prisms!

T-Rex.

Banned

Heh, looks like we have the same fav servants! Although I'm rolling for Scathach just cos I gotta reunite her with Cu.

Quonny

Hope this isn't a good faith measure for deciding to postpone/skip gudaguda. I need those materials.

It's more of a 'oh god please we released the game a month early and cant have halloween in september what do we do please oh god just give them 1/2 ap shit ahhhhhhh'

Zhao_Yun

Would probably a waste not to take advantage of the 1/2 AP for QP farming , but on the other hand QP is currently the least of my worries (I know that QP becomes scare later in the game though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom