• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Is Emiya worth levelling past 60? It seems he has the bulk of his final stats (10k out of 11k HP, 8.5k out of 9.5k ATK).

Likewise, is Georgios or Hans worth levelling when I already have (support) Waver?

Is Emiya worth levelling past 60? It seems he has the bulk of his final stats (10k out of 11k HP, 8.5k out of 9.5k ATK).

Likewise, is Georgios or Hans worth levelling when I already have (support) Waver?

Leveling Emiya to 70 is still worth it. This will get him most of the way to max stats and unlock his third skill. Leveling to 80 however is not worth it as the gains are miniscule.

Hubb

I welcome the 1/2 AP. It shouldn't be anywhere near as bad for me as the last one was since I won't be leveling up left and right anymore. The freebies are nice too.

yippeed

Neo Member
Leveling Emiya to 70 is still worth it. This will get him most of the way to max stats and unlock his third skill. Leveling to 80 however is not worth it as the gains are miniscule.

I think this misses the strengthening quest bonus that unlocks at max ascension. Getting from just 32% crit star up at max to 100% crit star& crit damage along with arts card +30% to any card +40% on the 2nd and 3rd will make a huge difference.

I think this misses the strengthening quest bonus that unlocks at max ascension. Getting from just 32% crit star up at max to 100% crit star& crit damage along with arts card +30% to any card +40% on the 2nd and 3rd will make a huge difference.

Just keep in mind that none of the strengthening quests are in the game yet. They will be released in batches as the game continues.

Emiya's two skill buffs will actually be in separate strengthening quests in separate batches.

coy

Yay one more monument to go for Herc.
Hope I can ascend him this week.
I wanted to pop in and say my own Heracles just hit max ascension after getting the last monument today. Here's hoping you're fortunate like I was!

Also, if anyone has room I'm trying to fill up my friend list.

Grazzt

I wanted to pop in and say my own Heracles just hit max ascension after getting the last monument today. Here's hoping you're fortunate like I was!

Also, if anyone has room I'm trying to fill up my friend list.

Thank just got the final one! Can't believe it, two in a row.
Now I'm tempted to grail him.
Edit: you are already on my friend list

Sciel

Ugh 1/2 AP....I'd rather have double drop rate.

Obviously never gonna happen though since Japan never got that and they're just lifting events straight from JP.

Looks like earliest we'll get Okeanos is when the Kintoki Banner ends. Which is mid/end September.

Not gonna lie, I feel my interest in this game is slowly waning. I still login to clear my AP and such but have had much more fun with other mobages lately (HELLO AGAIN FE:H). There's only so much material (well...attempted since drop rates), monument, and mana prism farming that I can tolerate.

Looks like earliest we'll get Okeanos is when the Kintoki Banner ends. Which is mid/end September.

Not gonna lie, I feel my interest in this game is slowly waning. I still login to clear my AP and such but have had much more fun with other mobages lately (HELLO AGAIN FE:H). There's only so much material (well...attempted since drop rates), monument, and mana prism farming that I can tolerate.

Play the game the way that is fun for you. That might mean taking breaks in between the story and events (which will both definitely ramp up in a huge way all next year).

Fact is, what you do in between events in this game is... farm. And there is no end to how much you can farm so you just have to draw a line for youtself.

I'm here for the journey and to see what kind of team I come out the other end with, if I stick with it all the way.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's unfortunate Okeanos isn't ready just yet (although if it means getting a respectable translation out for it, I understand). Half AP dailies are better than nothing, but knowing how bad these drop rates are, I'm not exactly pumped to get more void dust either.

I'll gladly take all that free shit doe

Kenai

Ugh 1/2 AP....I'd rather have double drop rate.

Obviously never gonna happen though since Japan never got that and they're just lifting events straight from JP.

Nothing wrong with taking a break if there's nothing going on. When one of my main three games is in a slump (I play RK and Heroes too) I tend to just log in for the dailies and that's it. At least we know good stuff is coming (even if we've got a while).

Sciel

Play the game the way that is fun for you. That might mean taking breaks in between the story and events (which will both definitely ramp up in a huge way all next year).

Fact is, what you do in between events in this game is... farm. And there is no end to how much you can farm so you just have to draw a line for youtself.

I'm here for the journey and to see what kind of team I come out the other end with, if I stick with it all the way.
I don't mind farming per se (almost every mobage has farming in some form or another).
Its just 90% of the time, farming in this game (in its current state) feels like I'm wasting my time with no sense of having progressed at all.

For instance, I need Snake Eyes (for Medusa) and Reverse Scales (For Gilg), these drop at like 3-4% drop rates from 30/40AP Dailies every Friday. Meaning, I have a few attempts to try to get these on one day a week. Surprise! I've been farming these at every chance and have a grand total of zero drops.The 1/2 AP event looks good on paper....till you realize that you can only farm for the specific materials/monuments you need on that one (well two for monuments) day during the event period.

Nothing wrong with taking a break if there's nothing going on. When one of my main three games is in a slump (I play RK and Heroes too) I tend to just log in for the dailies and that's it. At least we know good stuff is coming (even if we've got a while).
If worst comes to worst, i'll probably just login daily for the bonuses.

Grazzt

I assume there is no point for me to roll for Kintoki? I've got NP2 Herc, and maintaining another similar berserker (single target NP) is too expensive (5*).
I know he has higher attack and can self charge np, but his survivability is horrible.

Articalys

1 Million Download Campaign

We already know about the login bonus and half AP stuff so I'll skip that.
For a limited time, we'll be holding a "1 Million Download Pickup Summon (Daily)"
To celebrate the game reaching 1 million downloads, Limited Time Servant "★5 (SSR) Sakata Kintoki" will be available for the first time!

"★5 (SSR) Sakata Kintoki" will be featured everyday during the pickup period. Furthermore, different Servants will be featured each day as the additional pickup Servant! The featured Servants will include "★5 (SSR) Altria Pendragon," "★5 (SSR) Altera," "★5 (SSR) Jeanne d'Arc," "★5 (SSR) Vlad III," and "★5 (SSR) Zhuge Liang (El Melloi II)."

Also, "★4 (SR) Altria Pendragon [Alter]," "★4 (SR) Martha," "★3 (R) Robin Hood" and "★3 (R) Boudica" will be featured everyday as part of the pickup lineup.

Code:
08-31 7:00~09-01 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki
09-02 0:00~09-02 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Altria Pendragon
09-03 0:00~09-03 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Altera
09-04 0:00~09-04 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Jeanne d'Arc
09-05 0:00~09-05 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Vlad III
09-06 0:00~09-06 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Zhuge Liang (El Melloi II)
09-07 0:00~09-07 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki
09-08 0:00~09-08 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Altria Pendragon
09-09 0:00~09-09 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Altera
09-10 0:00~09-10 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Jeanne d'Arc
09-11 0:00~09-11 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Vlad III
09-12 0:00~09-12 23:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki + Zhuge Liang (El Melloi II)
09-13 0:00~09-14 03:59 UTC	Sakata Kintoki

I don't mind farming per se (almost every mobage has farming in some form or another).
Its just 90% of the time, farming in this game (in its current state) feels like I'm wasting my time with no sense of having progressed at all.

For instance, I need Snake Eyes (for Medusa) and Reverse Scales (For Gilg), these drop at like 3-4% drop rates from 30/40AP Dailies every Friday. Meaning, I have a few attempts to try to get these on one day a week. Surprise! I've been farming these at every chance and have a grand total of zero drops.The 1/2 AP event looks good on paper....till you realize that you can only farm for the specific materials/monuments you need on that one (well two for monuments) day during the event period.

The good news is that after Okeanos:
- There will be a free quest for farming serpent jewels.
- The new dailies should be added, with better rates for materials.

Drop rates for silver materials like serpent jewels will be much better, although chances for gold materials like scales will be about 6-7% for a long time and they will still be only farmable one day a week for quite a while.

Gold materials pretty much exist in this game to force you to choose which servants to ascend. Expect that to be true until around the end of part 1 of the story.

I assume there is no point for me to roll for Kintoki? I've got NP2 Herc, and maintaining another similar berserker (single target NP) is too expensive (5*).
I know he has higher attack and can self charge np, but his survivability is horrible.

Every berserker has horrible survivability next to Herc. They're not going to make another berserker that's just Herc #2.

Herc is for dealing high damage over many turns, but most fights right now are still short. 5* berserkers are for dealing one massive burst of damage.

Maxed out, Kintoki can charge 50% of his own NP, increase his own attack by 50%, then set off a minimum 600% damage NP that ignores defense and can stun. That's more useful for farming than Herc, and even more useful on the upcoming bosses where you can actually close out the fight with that much damage.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yawn.

Might ticket during Waver though.

Can't believe I have to wait 2 years for Medjed.

T-Rex.

Banned
True, but he is still not a necessity for people who have already got Herc. I would wait for Cu Alter.
Agree with that. Personally I'll roll for him for the same reason that I'm rolling for some other servants that I don't particularly need, and that's out of respect for saving my ass on the JP version at times. I won't use too much on him though since Drake is just around the corner, maybe like 5 tickets.

The rate-up is an increase on that particular Servant appearing, but not a rate-up on the 5* itself. Therefore, the rate is always 1% for a 5* (unfortunately). :(

Oh sorry I wasn't more clear. I understand it's just for the particular Servant. I meant how much does the boost raise the chance to get that particular Servant? Do they reveal that info? I guess that would mean assuming you get lucky and get a 5* what percentage chance will it be that particular boosted one over all other 5*?

Sciel

Oh sorry I wasn't more clear. I understand it's just for the particular Servant. I meant how much does the boost raise the chance to get that particular Servant? Do they reveal that info? I guess that would mean assuming you get lucky and get a 5* what percentage chance will it be that particular boosted one over all other 5*?
There was a post on reddit months ago by an account botter or something who did a little research on this.

Basically it was something like a 69%+ increase in chance to get the 5* in the banner if you end up getting a 5*.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6bba96/gacharelated_rateup_evidence/

chrono01

Thanks! Interesting info. So if I see that animation for the 5* pull at least there's a fairly good chance that it'll be the boosted character.
In the Japanese version, it would definitely be the case, however from the pulls in this thread, I wouldn't blame you for thinking the Global version is handled differently. Many people here pulled numerous 5* Servants during the past Gilgamesh rate-up, a few actually manage to pull 2x 5* in a single multi-pull. The number of people pulling non-Gilgamesh was surprising. Aniplex even had a video of a group of 10 or so people in their office summoning for Gilgamesh, and not a single person got him despite a couple other 5*'s being pulled.

Granted, this could all be RNG, but from the videos I've watched of Japanese streams of people pulling for a 5*, any time they showed they were almost guaranteed the banner card. If Global has those same rates, we must be a cursed set of individuals (that's entirely possible).

In the Japanese version, it would definitely be the case, however from the pulls in this thread, I wouldn't blame you for thinking the Global version is handled differently. Many people here pulled numerous 5* Servants during the past Gilgamesh rate-up, a few actually manage to pull 2x 5* in a single multi-pull. The number of people pulling non-Gilgamesh was surprising. Aniplex even had a video of a group of 10 or so people in their office summoning for Gilgamesh, and not a single person got him despite a couple other 5*'s being pulled.

Granted, this could all be RNG, but from the videos I've watched of Japanese streams of people pulling for a 5*, any time they showed they were almost guaranteed the banner card. If Global has those same rates, we must be a cursed set of individuals (that's entirely possible).

That is still a pretty small small sample size you are basing your observations on. And while 70% are pretty good odds, it is still nowhere near guaranteed to pull the rate up servant. Couple that with the fact that people who didn't get the rate up servant will be much more vocal about it than people who did and a healthy dose of confirmation bias, it is imo too early to conclude that US banner rates differ from Japanese ones.
I for example rolled on the Nero banner and my one five star servant was Altera, and out of three four star servants two were Nero. During the Gil banner I used some tickets and got two four star servants, both of which were on rate up.

That is still a pretty small small sample size you are basing your observations on. And while 70% are pretty good odds, it is still nowhere near guaranteed to pull the rate up servant. Couple that with the fact that people who didn't get the rate up servant will be much more vocal about it than people who did and a healthy dose of confirmation bias, it is imo too early to conclude that US banner rates differ from Japanese ones.
I for example rolled on the Nero banner and my one five star servant was Altera, and out of three four star servants two were Nero. During the Gil banner I used some tickets and got two four star servants, both of which were on rate up.

Damn those people with bad luck are basically me. I tried pulling during the Nero event and got like four 6 4*s but most of them were CE and none of the servants were Nero..

aitakute

I'm saving for the 10m download gacha and then this class pick up gacha happened. Don't know what to do now... I really want Jack

Mupod

I think I'm done with free quests...kind of annoying that the little indicator for how many uncleared quests seems to still be broken. Still have lots of interludes to do, and thankfully those have some story to them instead of the soulless grind of free quests. I've been steadily working on bond/ascension for everyone, so there's not much more to do other than the interludes themselves.

18 SQ for free will put me at 300 before interludes and Okeanos. Maybe I can hit 400 before halloween...? This game is boring as shit to me right now to be honest, but that's fine. If there was an actual challenge or interesting gameplay I might be tempted to use quartz or tickets.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
QP
sleeping.gif
sleeping.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom