• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, and I thought I got lucky with my rolls for a minute. Would it be better to use Jing Ke then or should I just use Hassan or Kojiro?

Right now there are only two reasons to use assassins:

To generate stars, use Hassan. He's the best at it until more servants come out.
To exploit class advantage against riders, use Kojiro. He's surprisingly good at surviving and critting consistently.

Ala Alba

Right now there are only two reasons to use assassins:

To generate stars, use Hassan. He's the best at it until more servants come out.
To exploit class advantage against riders, use Kojiro. He's surprisingly good at surviving and critting consistently.

You can just use Hassan for both.

His protection from Wind makes him pretty tanky for a long time (Cu style), and he also gets a stronger Crit Damage buff. Also 500 more attack and 1500 more HP.

We'll most likely get the free Shiki before we get any of the good 3* Assassins, so unless you want to stake your luck on Jack there aren't a lot of good choices.

Articalys

I'm a little wary of using 5 Gears to Asc3 Hassan right now when they're still in short supply; is there that much benefit to him over Asc3 Kojirou?

In the long term you're less and less likely to need any of the current assassins for their star generation.

Jack is never going to be surpassed as the best QQQ star generator, and after Jack star generation will mainly be done with CEs, support skills, or by the buster/arts crit hitters themselves.

Carmilla is not even about star generation, but about generating NP absurdly quickly. Expect good assassins in the future to be about doing other jobs too.

Kenai

People sleeping on Carmilla, she's not exciting now but she gets buffs later and becomes a beast

People are actually using my 70 Carmilla a lot on my friend's list. She's been "most summoned" on at least 3 of my log-ins this week (and I have an 80 Waver, Vlad, and Emiya).

Granted this is probably because she is literally the only 70 Carmilla I've seen. I had no one else in my current or targeted roster using her ascension items so I said "why not"?

it's not just GAF though, a lot of people seem to ignore her despite her consistently being an 8-9 in tier lists. She hits female servants really hard but won't get a 3rd ability til her strengthening quest.

In the long term you're less and less likely to need any of the current assassins for their star generation.

Jack is never going to be surpassed as the best QQQ star generator, and after Jack star generation will mainly be done with CEs, support skills, or by the buster/arts crit hitters themselves.

Carmilla is not even about star generation, but about generating NP absurdly quickly. Expect good assassins in the future to be about doing other jobs too.

Jack is really, really good. But she is also an "unlimited" 5 star in this game. I won't get mad if I get her from the 5* paid gatcha around the holidays but I have my priorities elsewhere. My 2 fav 5*s are both limited and Jack could pop up anywhere.

chrono01

Jack is really, really good. But she is also an "unlimited" 5 star in this game. I won't get mad if I get her from the 5* paid gatcha around the holidays but I have my priorities elsewhere. My 2 fav 5*s are both limited and Jack could pop up anywhere.
I was thinking about this the other day, after I got my Waver dupe. Dupes suck (generally), and while I would love to roll all of my SQ for Jack when she's released, she's also available during all of the guaranteed gacha, so there's a chance I could get her that way.

I'm now thinking I might keep spending my tickets every now and then, to satisfy the urge, and save for Jeanne Alter next year. She's the next limited Servant that I MUST have, and she hasn't been repeated many times in the Japanese version so I'd like to (try) and grab her the first time she's around. It's going to take a lot of self-restraint, but I think I can manage it doing ticket pulls occasionally.

xequalsy

I've been using up all my tickets to satisfy the urge to roll, and not cave before Iskandar comes around.

Working so far, but this thread made it hard for this banner at least.

chrono01

I've been using up all my tickets to satisfy the urge to roll, and not cave before Iskandar comes around.

Working so far, but this thread made it hard for this banner at least.
Yeah, this banner got my to spend 14 tickets, but thankfully no SQ. I'm back up to 5 tickets, thanks to the Mana Prisms, and I'll get a few more from the download celebration event, so I'm on my way to building them up again.

Articalys

I mean, right now I have Asc1 Hassan and Jing Ke and Asc2 Kojiro. Should I bother investing more in any of them or just grab a Carmilla as a support whenever I need an Assassin?

Slashlen

I'd keep expectations low for Thanksgiving, at least in terms of content. Something similar to a downloads event seems likely if we get anything at all. Some freebies, maybe 1/2 AP with a bad joke about getting your fill of quests, things like that.

Kenai

I was thinking about this the other day, after I got my Waver dupe. Dupes suck (generally), and while I would love to roll all of my SQ for Jack when she's released, she's also available during all of the guaranteed gacha, so there's a chance I could get her that way.

I'm now thinking I might keep spending my tickets every now and then, to satisfy the urge, and save for Jeanne Alter next year. She's the next limited Servant that I MUST have, and she hasn't been repeated many times in the Japanese version so I'd like to (try) and grab her the first time she's around. It's going to take a lot of self-restraint, but I think I can manage it doing ticket pulls occasionally.

I realized it myself after I pulled for Gil and got Vlad instead. I was like "awesome, Vlad!" but then I wondered how often I'd see unlimited ones vs banner ones when I am doing a mass pull for Iskandar or Cleopatra or how rough my odds actually are if I don't scrounge every SQ I can (or even if I do). We still don't "know" the rates, personal biases or whatever aside. I have 3 unlimited 5*s already, I could easily get a dupe from the new year's pull. And if I don't, I might get a dupe next time, or from another limited banner. It's the main reason I was able to hold out from Orion's banner too. Until some of my 5 stars start being limited, the "problem" won't get better.

It's just like on RK or Fire Emblem too, I am sure all of us who played those (or other gachas) have stories about off banner pulls.

I'd keep expectations low for Thanksgiving, at least in terms of content. Something similar to a downloads event seems likely if we get anything at all. Some freebies, maybe 1/2 AP with a bad joke about getting your fill of quests, things like that.

I think the chances of NA getting new content instead of just following and using existing JP content will depend on how much more successful it gets. It's at 1 million downloads now which isn't bad but it's still much smaller than JP was at the same time frame.

Since we know Delight Works creates all the content for the game and Aniplex of America is simply localizing and distributing it, it also depends on busy DW are already. They seem to barely have enough man power to keep JP running and create content for that so it doesn't seem likely there will be any new content for NA just for that reason alone, regardless of how successful NA might become.

A.J.

Banned
After leveling Hassan I'm once again hit with anger that I don't have enough gears and that gears still can't be acquired through normal means. It's the most backwards game design.

Slashlen

I think the chances of NA getting new content instead of just following and using existing JP content will depend on how much more successful it gets. It's at 1 million downloads now which isn't bad but it's still much smaller than JP was at the same time frame.

Since we know Delight Works creates all the content for the game and Aniplex of America is simply localizing and distributing it, it also depends on busy DW are already. They seem to barely have enough man power to keep JP running and create content for that so it doesn't seem likely there will be any new content for NA just for that reason alone, regardless of how successful NA might become.

I think it would have to get really successful to even have a hope of any real new NA content, and I'm not sure how JP would be handled regarding it. But I think the NA team could cobble together something from things that they seem to be able to do.

For example, they could release an announcement with Gil telling everyone to be thankful for him, here's some quartz, maybe some leftover evil "turkey" bones. They do a rateup gatcha with Gil, and 1/2 AP on something so we can go get stuffed. That's what I would expect at most.

Strimei

VDcUKXW.jpg

Hah! Carnival Phantasm is the gift that keeps on giving. Everyone should give it a watch if you haven't.

Anyways, as it is my birthday today (well "yesterday" since the game's on UTC), got to see all the birthday lines from servants. I always like these, as some...well, Caesar was a tad more blunt than I expected:

I mean, he's not wrong, but...kinda expected something more eloquent from him.

I told myself I wouldn't pull anymore till Waver day, but the temptation won over me!

Sometimes it rewards. :p

First ticket. And with this my gambling urges are satiated till Waver day.

NcJt8OV.jpg

A.J.

Banned
I told myself I wouldn't pull anymore till Waver day, but the temptation won over me!

Sometimes it rewards. :p

First ticket. And with this my gambling urges are satiated till Waver day.

I can't wait to make it all the way until Waver day and probably receive nothing for my patience. Or I'll get the one thing worse than nothing.

Another Stheno.

Do you guys do the 30AP exp daily and things like that for the mana prisms? I remember reading we should start hoarding those for some limited CEs down the road that cost a lot of mana prisms?

Also I know we should purchase the summon tickets with mana prisms every month but are the fou cards also worth purchasing?

I'm trying to figure out what's the most efficient way to spend my daily AP.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For me I do:

Ember 30AP, ember 40AP, rest of AP spent on farming mats. Occasionally I'll do more than one 40AP Ember if it'll propel me into a new level in order to catch a timeframe for some mats I want, usually Monster Hunting Cavalries.

I never do QP missions unless it's 1/2 AP.

Kenai

Wee, finally got a level 90 character (Jeanne). I wasn't sure if I would get 3 Berserker monuments in one day but I did (leveling up helped). My second archive still has about 70 exp cards too which is nice.

Also used a ticket and got trolled by Kiyohime thinking it was Kintoki. >.>

Do you guys do the 30AP exp daily and things like that for the mana prisms? I remember reading we should start hoarding those for some limited CEs down the road that cost a lot of mana prisms?

Also I know we should purchase the summon tickets with mana prisms every month but are the fou cards also worth purchasing?

I'm trying to figure out what's the most efficient way to spend my daily AP.

I tend to do the exp daily once for those prisms, then work on the current material daily, then one round of the silver exp daily for those completion prisms, then if I have any stamina left I do the gold card exp daily til reset.

If I need a certain monument I will focus on that instead for the day (like today).

Horde/use Gold exp cards as needed and burn Silver ones in the shop since those give 1 mana prism per.

The mana prism cards later on are pretty important for "QP" farming later since they are in the shop for a somewhat limited time (three months) and increase QP gains by 10% when fully fused, but only if you are gonna play enough to need that QP. Otherwise I'd focus on +Attack Fou cards since those will be more immediately relevant, and of course the summon tickets. Always clean those summon tickets out every month regardless of whatever else you do.

Slashlen

I first try to be efficient and grab whatever I can at less than the usual AP. That means doing 1/2 AP quests for right now. Most days I'll do the 30 and 40 XP daily then figure out what I want to farm. For farming, I try to focus on things that I'm either close to or aren't going to be available in an event anytime soon. The problem with that at the moment is that none of my main servants are anywhere close to an ascension. The next two events will have everything they need, so it's not a long term problem. That's why before 1/2 AP I was starting to just farm XP to level my bench, because there's not much I can do for my main team at the moment. That might change after next week's 1/2 AP mat dailies, maybe I get lucky and end up close enough on a servant to try to work on them.

I don't buy fous off the shop right now, I'd rather put those prisms towards the CE's later. But I don't think it's bad if you have a particular servant that you want maxed now. I've been applying fous from the FP gatcha and events and it's a slow process. They may be expensive in the shop, but it's the only real way to farm them if you want more now.

Baalzebup

Another week done. Zero Saber and Berserker Monuments, same as last week. It really seems that RNG doesn't want me to ascend my Vlad for the 4th time 'till Halloween.

Strimei

Another week done. Zero Saber and Berserker Monuments, same as last week. It really seems that RNG doesn't want me to ascend my Vlad for the 4th time 'till Halloween.

On the plus side, the 1/2 cost dailies thing extends to those starting the 7th or so as I recall, so you can grind it even more!

Haly

1500 from next level on Monday with no monster hunt dailies notlikethis.

If you level up today, might as well put all the AP into QP farming.

Because that might line you up for another level up around Thursday or Friday.

Haly

Oh that's a good point, I was going to farm EXP but 20AP QP might be better.

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Learning with Manga: FGO anime adaptation when.

Okay this is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom