• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
They could have at least thrown in a free 5* with the First Order blu ray, would have made me more likely to buy it.

Qurupeke

I think I've gathered about 60-70K QP since the 1/2 AP event. Maxing the skills of more than one servant seems to be a far away dream for now..

T-Rex.

Banned
I didn't even bother with farming QP, look at the materials you need to get a skill to 10 lol. I can't even ascend some of my servants due to lack of materials.

Moonlight

Banned
Been spamming QP farming myself. Well, took a break to try and farm Caster monuments, but the XP efficiency on it is super nuts. And I think as anyone who's played the game long enough will tell you, you'll never say no to more QP.

Slashlen

It costs over 150 million QP to max out the skills for one 5* Servant.

There is no such thing as 'too much' QP.

I get that, I'm not stopping, and I know I'll eventually spend it. Considering how many materials it's going to take to be able to spend all that QP, I don't see QP being my choke point for advancement for a while. My 1 5* is Jeanne, who needs 60 hearts. And considering her skills, those hearts are probably better spent on Herc anyway, who will only cost 1/2 as much to max. My main team won't be max ascended until GudaGuda anyway, I'm not at the point where skill farming is my main focus.

Quonny

I mean, you might as well farm QP now so you don't have to later.

My strategy:

30 and 40 AP Ember daily for 7+ MP
15 (30) and 20 (40) AP QP once
*****If it's Zerker piece/monu daily: 3x 30 AP

Then 20 (40) QP daily rest of the time.

Have a cute Jack.

ZcXQVDw.jpg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
No Smartphone? Play Fate/Grand Order with Pencils

Summon Pencil Servant is basically the battle system of Fate/Grand Order with the randomized rolls of pencils added to it. The way it works is each Servant has a cost that ranges from 0 to 5—basically the star rarity designation from the video game. Players select up to three Servants to be in their party, but the sum of the Servants’ cost can’t exceed 10. Players then take turns rolling and determining the results as they try to eliminate all of their opponent’s Servants.

Obviously, just rolling for damage over and over is rather monotonous, so there are other game elements that are included for more strategies. Each Servant has three skills they can use once per game. Servants can also power up by Ascending, which increases the effects of their attacks. Servants also have their Noble Phantasms which can be used to do loads of damage but need to be charged first.

The game is currently being sold in starter sets and booster packs. The starter set contains a rule sheet and a play sheet that makes it easier to keep track of things and three Servants, Mash, Cu Chulainn (Caster), and Altria Pendragon, and their skill and Noble Phantasm cards. The booster packs each contain one of 24 random Servants and the Servant’s skill and Noble Phantasm cards because it wouldn’t be FGO without some random draw elements.

Overall, the game very accurately takes the battle system of the video game and makes it into an analog table top game. In fact, with the character data and a six-sided die, one could probably even build a campaign adventure of their own. Conveniently, the data for all the Pencil Servants released in the game so far is available on the game’s official homepage. It’s the perfect way to kill the time between scheduled and unscheduled maintenance breaks when you can’t play the smartphone game.

Fate/Grand Order – Summon Pencil Servant is currently being sold in Japan at various stores and through the Aniplex Plus online store. There is currently no word on an English version release.

TMa0sHd.jpg

5tLBiuh.jpg

SAC6sXw.jpg

jwYi2Uk.jpg

Q9WvoO6.jpg

3NkeZDD.jpg

Sterok

Did a couple of YOLO pulls with my tickets... and got Saber Alter. I'm already good on Sabers, but that's definitely something I'm happy about.

Laiza

I'm leveling so quickly that I am actually finding myself trying to game my XP meter so I don't have to try to spend a full bar of AP when I just want to head to bed.

It just takes sooooo loooong...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Get Altria, Saber Piece
Get Elizabeth, Lancer Monument
Get Altria, Saber Piece and Archer Monument (<-- ????????????)

Haly

Yeah, it just felt like being kicked while I was down cause I already finished Gilly and have no other archers I'm planning to work on.

Haly

Ah, David is pretty husbando, good enough. I was worried I'd have to ascend Nyatalante.

Carnival Phantasm hammers home how awful Sakura is as a character.

Haly

Carnival Phantasm makes Prototype look a billion times better than stay night.

The Bryn CE looks great. She might not be the strongest Lancer but I love her design. I'll definitely be rolling for her. Man, there are way too many cool lancers in this game: Scathach, Karna, Bryn, Summer Tamamo, ...

It's a BBC documentary clip which went viral and then became a meme. People have replaced the original noise with everything you can think of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxn56l9WcU

Aw, knowing that it's a meme and not actually a really random FGO thing deflates the impact somewhat. Still pretty funny, though.

Carnival Phantasm makes Prototype look a billion times better than stay night.

I looked its story overview up and it does sound much more interesting and exciting. Though perhaps it's just a "grass on the other side" thing.

Then I found out that there's a prequel novel series? That's... kinda new, right? I mean, the actual thing doesn't even exist and it already has a fully-realized prequel?

Pejo

Burned my tickets and a few 10 pulls yesterday trying to get Jeanne, not a bit of luck on her, but I did get Kintoki, my 2nd Saber Alter, and 2 Marthas. On one hand I'm happy but I really didn't need another Berserker since I already have Vlad, Tamacat, and Lancelot. Is Kintoki even good for any upcoming content over Vlad?

Burned my tickets and a few 10 pulls yesterday trying to get Jeanne, not a bit of luck on her, but I did get Kintoki, my 2nd Saber Alter, and 2 Marthas. On one hand I'm happy but I really didn't need another Berserker since I already have Vlad, Tamacat, and Lancelot. Is Kintoki even good for any upcoming content over Vlad?

For now Kintoki can deal far more damage than Vlad thanks to higher attack, a buster NP that ignores defense, and surprisingly fast NP gain.

Vlad will gain an edge by the end of the year when he gets his first interlude, giving his NP a huge boost, and when Tamamo is available to boost his arts even further.

Kintoki will deal more damage by default but Vlad's damage output can skyrocket with the right setup.

Pejo

For now Kintoki can deal far more damage than Vlad thanks to higher attack, a buster NP that ignores defense, and surprisingly fast NP gain.

Vlad will gain an edge by the end of the year when he gets his first interlude, giving his NP a huge boost, and when Tamamo is available to boost his arts even further.

Kintoki will deal more damage by default but Vlad's damage output can skyrocket with the right setup.

Thanks! I guess he's suited for the NP gain or Buster card damage CE's then?

BaconHat

After using my tickets and only getting CE's i decided to do a quartz pull. Managed to get my second 5*, Vlad.

Kinda funny all of my 4* servants, 5* CE and now Vlad have been gotten by normal pulls. All of the times i did a 10 pull, i got nothing substantial.

For monument drops is it just better to do the 30AP over and over? According to Cirnopedia the novice, intermediate and advanced versions all seem to drop the same monuments so I'm guessing it's just a difference between drop rates?

Thanks! I guess he's suited for the NP gain or Buster card damage CE's then?

Without Waver support you can just give him a maxed Dragon's Meridian and he can still NP off in the first 3 turns. With Waver just give him a buster CE and go to town.

For monument drops is it just better to do the 30AP over and over? According to Cirnopedia the novice, intermediate and advanced versions all seem to drop the same monuments so I'm guessing it's just a difference between drop rates?

The big difference is that 30AP guarantees either a piece or monument from the last enemy. No such guarantee at 10AP or 20AP.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Managed 3 Saber monuments in the daily before it reset. Now just need 2 more for Altria's last ascension. Hoping the 1/2 AP monster hunting will get me the last 2 feathers I need as well.

Slashlen

Decided to burn a 10 roll on Waver day since I wanted him and Salter. Got spooked by Chevalier d'Eon. With a newly invigorated pessimism, I go back to saving for Scathach.

Haly

3 tix and 30 quarts. Nothing but a bunch of Cu and Robins

Haly

I want to roll more want to roll more roll more more more more more

(I'll stay strong for Tamamo no Mae)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom