• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

Does FGO have GBF-style week-long recruiting/ranking events? I just assume they do because that's what drives a lot of these games as service gacha games.

You mean stuff where there's a bunch of players competing indirectly via a higher-points-than-you scoring system like Towers in Mobius or the Gauntlet in FEH? If so, I'm not really sure since I haven't played the JP version at all. I do know the game has basically no PvP or co-op but I'm not sure if that's considered the same thing.

Kitoro

How do we turn off AP Full notifications? I get one every 30 minutes it seems, and it's driving me insane. I've never seen a game spam that repeated kind of info to me before.

Hubb

How do we turn off AP Full notifications? I get one every 30 minutes it seems, and it's driving me insane. I've never seen a game spam that repeated kind of info to me before.

I'd just disable push notifications, I don't know how to just stop the AP ones.

Not grinding any more dailies until Monday. Saving my AP refills for the big push to ascend all my 4-stars (lancer/assassin/berserker).

Until then... grinding story missions instead for friend point pulls, unless Sunday dailies turn out to be for one of my classes.

Quixzlizx

So should you just keep rerolling until you get a 5* servant?

I just got Tamamo, Lancelot, and a 5* Limited/Zero Over essence, but I'm guessing the essences aren't a big deal right now.

The End

I just got Tamamo, Lancelot, and a 5* Limited/Zero Over essence, but I'm guessing the essences aren't a big deal right now.

I've gotten jack as far as 5* servants but have gotten 5* Kaleidoscope and Heaven's Feel CE already.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hope they release the free 4* pick soon, I need to struggle with whether to go with Hercules or Tama

I'll likely be deciding between Herc and Emiya. I have Robin Hood to use in a pinch if I go Herc, but in that case I'd likely be running Tama/Herc together, lol. Glass cannon team, go!

Yayate

Ya, I'm aware. I think I might try to do it a couple times, because I don't want to give up before even attempting it, buuuut lol

Obviously I'm gonna give up very soon into it because that's how I am. Then again, maybe I'll be able to get something good that's not her and settle for it.

You're better off saving for the inevitable rate up, or rerolling when her rate up happens if you REALLY want her.

Tamamo Cat with Limited/Zero Over is good because you can get massive damage out of buster cards, but that's about all you get out of this. Lancelot is a bum pull because he needs very specific setups to work but still has all the weaknesses of berserkers.

Quixzlizx

Tamamo Cat with Limited/Zero Over is good because you can get massive damage out of buster cards, but that's about all you get out of this. Lancelot is a bum pull because he needs very specific setups to work but still has all the weaknesses of berserkers.

OK, thanks. Back to reroll hell.

Pejo

I'm not an expert at the game, but it seems that right now the advantage of 5*s are the extra levels, which lead to extra stats. Well, other than Waver who just seems to have really good skills to buff your team to make anybody good. Otherwise, it's basically a mirror of why 4* are better than 3*. Still, this is the only time you can guarantee a 5* with just a time investment, opposed to money and/or luck.

If you're going to do it, do it now before the bonuses end.

Yayate

I'm not an expert at the game, but it seems that right now the advantage of 5*s are the extra levels, which lead to extra stats. Well, other than Waver who just seems to have really good skills to buff your team to make anybody good. Otherwise, it's basically a mirror of why 4* are better than 3*. Still, this is the only time you can guarantee a 5* with just a time investment, opposed to money and/or luck.

If you're going to do it, do it now before the bonuses end.

Gotta nitpick and say that 5 stars being better than 4, etc, only barely really functions as a general rule in this game. While they tend to have lower damage, a lot of 1/2/3/4 stars have utility that no other 5 stars have. And some even significantly outdamage any and all 5 star counterparts.

Hubb

I'm guessing the answer is no, but are people (like Rin) who aren't Servants in the show/VN possible servants in FGO?

Yayate

I'm guessing the answer is no, but are people (like Rin) who aren't Servants in the show/VN possible servants in FGO?

Rin is currently a Servant in the Japanese version- well, to be specific, a pseudo-servant like Waver. Sakura has the Sakuraclones from Extra/CCC, and datamines hint at more.

Mupod

I don't know if it's an intended specific reference or lazy re-use of design but Scathach looks almost exactly like Aoko Aozaki, not a Fate character specifically but was in Extra and is tangentially related to some happenings. So maybe she counts.

Now if only they could get her superior sister in somehow.

edit: and of course there's crossover stuff like Illya/Kuro and Shiki. Tsukihime crossover when.

Zanzura

Found this NP Ranking list, should be helpful for farming dailies and setting up your Supports when it comes to NPs.

Looks like I should be setting my main Support as Artoria (Alter) with Kaleidoscope instead even for today's dailies as she outdamages Emiya's by ~3.5k on everything except Saber-class units and Archers.

gaiadyne

Saved up for a 30 roll for when I beat Septem. I was hoping to get Nero. Got a Kaleidoscope, Altria, and Altera. That makes 3 5-star servants with my Jeanne.

Deadly

Skipped the daily since I'm not so good in today's triangle and reached near the ending of Orleans:
rofl at everyone trashing Elisabeth's and Kiyohime's NP

Yayate

When should I grail someone?

Like does it matter?

Should I wait until after I ascend them a few times?

You can only grail someone when they're max level and max ascended. There's an extremely limited amount of grails available, so only grail the servants you really like.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You mean stuff where there's a bunch of players competing indirectly via a higher-points-than-you scoring system like Towers in Mobius or the Gauntlet in FEH? If so, I'm not really sure since I haven't played the JP version at all. I do know the game has basically no PvP or co-op but I'm not sure if that's considered the same thing.
Hrm, so is the service part just new items in the gacha pool and story updates like Fire Emblem?

Azusa

Hrm, so is the service part just new items in the gacha pool and story updates like Fire Emblem?

Events. For 7 to 14 days. And most events have rich story and they change every day or something like that. Its not a generic content to farm for 2 weeks.

KMRiku

Neo Member

The japanese version has a lot of special events with their own unique story, quests and a shop where you can buy mats and other items. A few events even give you a free 4* servant.

All those events are pretty much single player and have no competitive aspect. However, there are a few special raid events where all players cooperate to empty a giant HP bar against a boss.

jonjonaug

There are daily freebie rolls???????

Also what should I be focusing on? Dailies or the main storyline?
Whichever you want to do more. Focusing on the storyline first will make it a bit harder, but you'll shoot through it thanks to levels from AP refills (the 30 and 40 AP ones give tons of XP). Focusing on leveling first from the red dailies will make other stuff easier, but take longer to move through due to less AP refills.

Is there a stat that determines star generation (other than passive skills)? I know assassins are "for" star generation, but is that only because they have 3x quick cards?

And how do you tell if a servant has good crits?

Yayate

Is there a stat that determines star generation (other than passive skills)? I know assassins are "for" star generation, but is that only because they have 3x quick cards?

And how do you tell if a servant has good crits?

There's hidden values that determines how many stars a servant generates per hit. Generally, assassins have a higher value, and presence concealment gives them a further buff.

All servants do the same damage with crits, unless they have a crit modifier. Riders and Archers have higher than average star attraction which makes more stars go to them. Archers also tend to have independent action, which buffs their crit damage a little`

Do those get saved in a log too, or no?

If you participate, yeah.

Uthred

Speaking of crits, are the values on top of cards cumulative or for that attack? e.g. if all three attacks have 20% is the chance of each attack critting 20 or 60%?

jonjonaug

Got a decent team building up, going to get Tamamo Cat from the promo when it goes live and try to roll Nero during her events.
asuG4t8.jpg

So I was browsing around and I see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66yo3awHKG8

HOLY SHIT. WHEN DOES MOTHERFUCKING THOMAS EDISON COME TO OUR VERSION!!??!?!

According to the lore his stats are super buffed up to EX rating because the Presidents of the United States (Past present and future) gave him a mystic code to basically "fortify the concept of Edison". He also randomly gets into fistfights with Tesla whenever he meets him. Oh and he has a lion head because of the botched summoning and reasons. That lore is so batshit insane and stupid, I like it.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Edison

There's hidden values that determines how many stars a servant generates per hit. Generally, assassins have a higher value, and presence concealment gives them a further buff.

All servants do the same damage with crits, unless they have a crit modifier. Riders and Archers have higher than average star attraction which makes more stars go to them. Archers also tend to have independent action, which buffs their crit damage a little`

Having Carmilla almost at level 40 makes me want to make this happen. But it's not clear what the payoff should be for a crit team yet.

Emiya (even though he's a long way off from reaching his full potential)? Lancelot? Some 5-star archer not in the game yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom