• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
Lu Bu does excessively excessive amounts of damage. He's a pretty absurd 3 star, and the only reason people don't rave about him more is because Herk is similar but more survivable.

Later on, he even gets an NP damage up for himself. Going off only self-buffs, Lu Bu some of the highest NP damages in the game- especially since he's free to NP5 compared to gold servants which are very difficult to get above NP1.
I always used Herc in the JP version, so yeah I'm pretty surprised at how much of a tank he is at such a low level. I was gonna use the free 4* to pick Herc, but I don't think I'll bother now. Marie or Martha it is!

Edit: And just as I posted that, I rolled Vlad. Not a bad start to the day.

Any good tips for handling 40AP quest with a team that's relatively underpowered?

Right now I've only got Level 30 TamaCat & Marie, and mid-20s Elizabeth & Mashu.

Even with a Level 60 carry, my overall damage output & survivalibilty is too weak to carry me past 3/3 unless I use up a command spell for a NP.

Yayate

Any good tips for handling 40AP quest with a team that's relatively underpowered?

Right now I've only got Level 30 TamaCat & Marie, and mid-20s Elizabeth & Mashu.

Even with a Level 60 carry, my overall damage output & survivalibilty is too weak to carry me past 3/3 unless I use up a command spell for a NP.

Unless you get a high level Jeanne support, give up unless you have command seals.

Shinypogs

Ok so in my starter 10 roll I got cu chulainn and prototype cu, medea, alexander
Emiya and Tamamo cat. ( also a bunch of upgrades and craft essences I don't know what to do with yet, the artwork in the be elegant one is gorgeous wish that dude was a servant) Currently running Emiya and kitty girl with Mash , this should be fine for now right?

Unless you get a high level Jeanne support, give up unless you have command seals.

I just discovered that Jeanne can tank these missions solo if everyone else gets wiped halfway through. Man, I was questioning how good "just" taking half damage could possibly be.

By the way... Does Waver's crit buff stack with crit enhancement CEs? Likewise, does the NP buff stack with NP gain CEs?

Yayate

I just discovered that Jeanne can tank these missions solo if everyone else gets wiped halfway through. Man, I was questioning how good "just" taking half damage could possibly be.

By the way... Does Waver's crit buff stack with crit enhancement CEs? Likewise, does the NP buff stack with NP gain CEs?

All buffs stack with each other. Different types of buffs stack multiplicatively.

Kenai

Jeanne is soooooooo good. She isn't big on the damage but she is so damn reliable. If there's not a bunch of Berserkers around she won't sweat anything. Waver's bae too but Jeanne's been my MVP a lot more often, especially since Orleans has a ton of Riders in it.

Yayate

Martha seems to be primarily a healer. Is she worthwhile to ascend?

Until she gets both of her strengthening quests?

No. Her heal is bad until then, and she only becomes usable when she gets her third skill. Go with Ushi (for single target) or Medusa (for multitarget) as riders, instead. Or Hans for healing.

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm glad more people have seen the light. Jeanne is the best.

Edit: 479-864-625 is my code if anyone's looking for a level 60 support Jeanne with Formal Craft.

At those Servant levels, just do the 30 AP for awhile until they are leveled up more. The 40 AP quest is not worthwhile if you are spending twice the time to complete it and need to use resources like Command Seals.

You can level very quickly in the early going because your Master level is so low that completing the 30 AP once gives you a level up and you can basically do it forever because your AP is infinite until you no longer level up every time you do it.

Today's 40 AP is the worst because my 5* is a Saber (Altera).

Fortunately when your team is not the best, you can just take a Jeanne support and spam her NP to keep your team alive forever because of 1 turn invincible + 2 turns healing + 3 turns DEF up. Somehow I very slowly grinded out the 40 AP with a 40 Martha, 32 Atalante, and 52 Jeanne (support). Martha and Atalante got close to death a couple times only to be saved by a timely Luminosite Eternelle.

I wonder if they will ever bother to improve Atalante. I had her in JP and she was trash back then too, she hits like a wet noodle and the only thing her NP is good for is the single turn after it goes off where you have 50+ stars and every card is 100% crit.

Kenai

Today's 40 AP is the worst because my 5* is a Saber (Altera).

Fortunately when your team is not the best, you can just take a Jeanne support and spam her NP to keep your team alive forever because of 1 turn invincible + 2 turns healing + 3 turns DEF up. Somehow I very slowly grinded out the 40 AP with a 40 Martha, 32 Atalante, and 52 Jeanne (support). Martha and Atalante got close to death a couple times only to be saved by a timely Luminosite Eternelle.

If the reward for this interlude is what I think it is I am about 8 stamina away from turning her Phantasm's self stun into a party cleanse. :whew

Grazzt

Maxed out my only 5* and 4*, don't have any 3* I want to use, so I'll just farm the mana prism and ascension materials for my Waver. AP has become the major problem which is kind of a good thing, since it keeps me from wasting too much time playing this game...
Please let that free 4* event come sooner.

Zafir

Holy shit lol.

I was contemplating saving the daily quartz for a better banner but I pulled anyway and got this monster of a pull.

That means I'm only missing waver and vlad. I'm a tiny bit sad one wasn't waver but lol with that pull with two 5* servents plus the 5* essence I ain't complaining.

chrono01

Holy shit lol.

I was contemplating saving the daily quartz for a better banner but I pulled anyway and got this monster of a pull.

That means I'm only missing waver and vlad. I'm a tiny bit sad one wasn't waver but lol with that pull with two 5* servents plus the 5* essence I ain't complaining.
Ho.
Ly.
SHIT.

Congrats man, just wow.

Qurupeke

Holy shit lol.

Please, stop posting such images, it's really tempting me to roll and I still regret the 2 summon tickets I spent. :p Congrats!

Zafir

Ho.
Ly.
SHIT.

Congrats man, just wow.
Haha thanks.

Please, stop posting such images, it's really tempting me to roll and I still regret the 2 summon tickets I spent. :p Congrats!

Same.

My 2 summon tickets got me Boudeca and a shitty 3* Craft Essence that I don't even remember the name. What a waste.
Sorry guys. Was just excited. xD

Luck unfortunately comes and goes. I had absolutely shit luck in ffbe which also has 1% SSR rates. Played the game for a year and only have three base 5* one of which was from a guaranteed banner. I'd like to think this is repaynent for that lol.

I'm still not at the stage where I want to hoarde my pulls. Not going to do any 10-pulls since I do want servants currently not available (Gilgamesh, Jeanne Alter, etc) , but I'm going to use all the summon tickets I can get for now.

C'mon, give me a 5* Servant.

weeaboo

these are my beautiful babies minus free EMIYA

XxLTvOBl.jpg

Hassan and Cu are evade/critical damage monsters, Herc is a beast and Medea can spam her NP with ease so im pretty happy with my team. I NEED Nero as my Saber tho, Nero Festival can't come soon enough

vareon

Will the mana prism rewards from the dailies change? Without too much effort, I can gather 12 prims a day, which means 1 ticket per two days. I'm thinking of holding the tickets until there's an event though.

Did 3x10 pulls but wasn't lucky. Only 4* character I got was Archer/Emiya. He's a cool character, I already like him in the anime so I use him alongside Saber Lily. Did some dailies and looked into the upgrading/leveling stuff. Only in Orleans with the main story. But I play this very casually. It's fun but I don't need pressure or stress in my gacha games.

How can I backup/link my account? No Facebook/Google Play/Twitter options. Only thing I find is Issue Transfer Code for reactivate the game on another device?

Zafir

Did 3x10 pulls but wasn't lucky. Only 4* character I got was Archer/Emiya. He's a cool character, I already like him in the anime so I use him alongside Saber Lily. Did some dailies and looked into the upgrading/leveling stuff. Only in Orleans with the main story. But I play this very casually. It's fun but I don't need pressure or stress in my gacha games.

How can I backup/link my account? No Facebook/Google Play/Twitter options. Only thing I find is Issue Transfer Code for reactivate the game on another device?
You can't link as far as I'm aware. Issue a transfer code and keep that information safe somewhere. Put it in a password manager or something.

Grazzt

Gah, underestimated Alter Jeanne in story mode since she is only lv32, ended up using all three of my command spell...

lHyDrAl

Neo Member
0vmwZB7.jpg

Is this good enough of a pull or is Waver basically a requirement? Also pulled Emiya on the first 10 pull if that matters.

xequalsy

Is this good enough of a pull or is Waver basically a requirement? Also pulled Emiya on the first 10 pull if that matters.

Your pull is great! Waver is only a requirement if you really like the character/want him above all else.

I looked up a list of the coming servants and have my eyes on a couple. Gilg of course, so hoping I can save enough quartz before his event rolls around. Then after that it would be Tesla when London comes out and a couple of the 4* servants and Cu Alter released with America. There's about 7 months in between Gilg and Tesla so hopefully that's enough time.

Though I really want Iskandar above everyone else and he comes out only a month after America, so maybe I'll end up saving for him instead of splashing out for Tesla.

Blue-kun

In the end I didn't even attempt the Saber Alter thing, lol. Realized I should be happy with my own Artoria already and better to just take it easy for now.

That said though, right now we're getting a steady flow of SQs with the Login Bonuses and just Story Content being completed, but how is it later, once we run out of it? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I should save SQs for characters I want in the (far) future or just roll as I get stuff for now in the hopes of getting some CE's I'd like (Kaleidoscope) or even Saber Alter herself...

Cause I imagine we'll spend most of the time grinding for items and dailies and what not, so I'm thinking of just running a party that can spam NPs against those. Already have Artoria, would love to add Alter to the party and have an Excalibur bomb party~ lol.

Oh, and for that matter, the other servants that I really want are basically Scathach and Ishtar. I suppose Scathach might come out "soon", but Ishtar isn't for like a year+ depending on how things go, so I'm not too worried about her for now? lol

Also, to the poster above, that's a really good pull. Jeanne and Artoria, plus a relatively good 4* CE that nets you 60% starting NP. You'll be firing off Excaliburs quite often with it, with a Waver support you can bsaically do it turn 1, too lol.

Quixzlizx

I just re-rolled to Marie and Artoria. Not really a top-tier combo, but I'm starting to get sick of re-rolling, and I at least recognize THE Saber :lol

T-Rex.

Banned
Never really cared for Liz either way before this year, but Extella and FGO have really sold me on her. She's pretty fun.

0vmwZB7.jpg

that's a great pull, keep it.

Yayate

Material farming sucks. It feels like I'm just wasting hours' worth of ap. :(

You're not intended to farm materials this early in the game- a lot of them are completely unobtainable.

See it as something to do on the side when you're already done with gathering all quartz everywhere. We'll probably have an event giving away the materials you need before you're done farming.

Qurupeke

You're not intended to farm materials this early in the game- a lot of them are completely unobtainable.

See it as something to do on the side when you're already done with gathering all quartz everywhere. We'll probably have an event giving away the materials you need before you're done farming.

I think I'll follow your advice, otherwise I can see the game getting boring. Plus, the story has much better ap requirements.

elty

So is the SSR rate only 1%? I guess it is both good and bad - good in a sense it will be very hard to tempt people to spend money due to the abysmal rate unless you are a big whale.

And is there any way to level your servant faster than doing daily? I can barely clear the 20AP one.

Yayate

So is the SSR rate only 1%? I guess it is both good and bad - good in a sense it will be very hard to tempt people to spend money due to the abysmal rate unless you are a big whale.

And is there any way to level your servant faster than doing daily? I can barely clear the 20AP one.

The 40 AP daily drops a looot of experience.

Also ,yeah, while the SSR rate is low, rate ups are extremely strong- while we've never been given the exact value, large scale testing has lead people to estimate it's around 75~%, so if you get an SSR, you have a 75% of it being what's on rate up.

elty

The 40 AP daily drops a looot of experience.

Also ,yeah, while the SSR rate is low, rate ups are extremely strong- while we've never been given the exact value, large scale testing has lead people to estimate it's around 75~%, so if you get an SSR, it's 75% of being what's on rate up.

So 0.75%? :/

Stupid question but how do you finish the "get 1 magic gem" daily quest? I don't see anything drop magic gem?

And what does the shadow servent daily really do? Seems to drop nothing interesting.

elty

The last game I played with dismal rate is FFBE and Chain Chronicles. It really encourage people not to spend.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Also ,yeah, while the SSR rate is low, rate ups are extremely strong- while we've never been given the exact value, large scale testing has lead people to estimate it's around 75~%, so if you get an SSR, you have a 75% of it being what's on rate up.
Not bad at all.

The last game I played with dismal rate is FFBE and Chain Chronicles. It really encourage people not to spend.
FFBE is higher up on the top grossing Android apps list than FE Heroes, at least in my region.

So good.

Kaname

I added myself to the form but if anyone wants to add me here's my code:

Still kinda noob at the game and still trying to level my Waver.

Voror

Is there any reason to stock up on Fou cards and exp cards? I've got a bunch of both kinds and was thinking about pouring all the 3* attack and HP cards into Heracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom