• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

There's actually quite a bit to this game's mechanics. Just play naturally through the story, you'll pick things up as you go along and you'll notice small things and suddenly "AHA! So that's how THAT works!" and that sort of thing will happen.

I wonder if I'll learn things on my own or just dismiss everything and focus on the story.

Mupod

New Heaven's Feel PV tomorrow btw! This one sounds amazing.

Looking forward to that a lot, I didn't realize how thirsty I was for more ufotable Fate stuff until I started playing this. Although it's a shame a lot of the people who started with Zero already know a lot of the big reveals, there's still a ton of awesome shit I want to see animated.

In particular as a giant Tsukihime fanboy I remember marking out at Kotomine using Black Keys. But if you've been following since Zero that's not a surprise at all, lol.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to that a lot, I didn't realize how thirsty I was for more ufotable Fate stuff until I started playing this. Although it's a shame a lot of the people who started with Zero already know a lot of the big reveals, there's still a ton of awesome shit I want to see animated.

In particular as a giant Tsukihime fanboy I remember marking out at Kotomine using Black Keys. But if you've been following since Zero that's not a surprise at all, lol.
I started with Fate/Zero and I have no regrets. They spoil each other, and in hindsight, I'm glad I got to enjoy Zero knowing almost nothing else about the franchise.

Caim

Been farming the Orleans free quest (Fateful Fortress) since it drops both the Void Dust and Caster Piece.

I'm about halfway done with Waver's next ascension.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Should I hold onto summon tickets for increased drop rate events or should I just them?
Are there any (limited) servants that you really want to save for? If not, go for it. Personally, I'm saving everything from now on for Okita's banner, which also has a rate up for FSN Cu, another one of my most desired servants.

Mupod

I'm hoping to have 100+ pulls worth of stuff hoarded by the end of October. I have no idea how generous they are with tickets or quartz during events but it should be possible with persistence and an iron will.

I can vent my gacha frustrations at Fire Emblem in the time being.

T-Rex.

Banned

It's going to be torture waiting for the blu ray release though. I mean I suppose it could get a cinema release in the west, but I'm not expecting anything.

Hubb

I'm hoping to have 100+ pulls worth of stuff hoarded by the end of October. I have no idea how generous they are with tickets or quartz during events but it should be possible with persistence and an iron will.

What are you looking forward to in October?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

You are stronger than me. I get enough for a 10 pull and I pull!

In other news, doing the 40 AP exp map is awesome for leveling. I was able to chain together a bunch of levels and get a lot of exp for my minions. Now time to farm some drops :(

Quixzlizx

Will I be missing anything if I don't start playing until next week? It seems like my current Blu Life One X can't handle this game, but my new phone is arriving on Monday.

Thanks!
\/\/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Will I be able to do the AP 40 Exp daily okay with this? Assuming I get a good support.

lvl 40 4* Tamamo
lvl 39 4* d'Eon
lvl 32 3* Cu

My next best leveled guys are:

lvl 27 2* Hassan
lvl 20 3* Robin Hood

T-Rex.

Banned
Will I be missing anything if I don't start playing until next week? It seems like my current Blu Life One X can't handle this game, but my new phone is arriving on Monday.
They're giving out bonus quartz during the first week only (I think) as part of their start dash campaign. Beyond that, not really.

dragn

Will I be able to do the AP 40 Exp daily okay with this? Assuming I get a good support.

lvl 40 4* Tamamo
lvl 39 4* d'Eon
lvl 32 3* Cu

lvl 27 2* Hassan
lvl 20 3* Robin Hood

depends on the support, my jeanne made it really easy tho

commish

lvl 40 4* Tamamo
lvl 39 4* d'Eon
lvl 32 3* Cu

lvl 27 2* Hassan
lvl 20 3* Robin Hood

I honestly think a high level Jeanne would solo it. I had bad luck and my 2 strongest guys died in Round 2. Friend Jeanne (lvl 70) just cleaned up the rest of round 2 and round 3 without breaking a sweat.

Hubb

lvl 40 4* Tamamo
lvl 39 4* d'Eon
lvl 32 3* Cu

lvl 27 2* Hassan
lvl 20 3* Robin Hood

Honestly unless your support can carry you, probably not. At least not reliably. Tamamo is going to take a lot of damage and Cu isn't going to do much (lancer right?). You basically have 3 waves where you need to take down 5-6 20k+ enemies and maybe 1 10k. Your team would probably be fine if the weapon triangle was in your favor.

Deadly

Hmm didn't know the friend CE even works for those in the backline. Pretty much no reason not to put it on Mash there then

Will a Craft Essence's effect apply even if the equipped servant is not involved in battle but is in the team?

For example, I have Heracles, Mash and a Support in the "main team", and Shakespeare with the +75 Friend Points essence in the secondary team. Will I get the +75 points even if Shakepeare never enters the battle?

Yayate

lvl 40 4* Tamamo
lvl 39 4* d'Eon
lvl 32 3* Cu

lvl 27 2* Hassan
lvl 20 3* Robin Hood

Only if you happen to steal a well levelled Jeanne or Waver, or if the triangle is well in your favour. Fast building AoE noble phantasms are also SUPER helpful here, but we don't have many of those yet. If you happen to have one of the CEs that boosts initial charge rate, putting that on Tamamocat can help you clear a wave early.

Will a Craft Essence's effect apply even if the equipped servant is not involved in battle but is in the team?

For example, I have Heracles, Mash and a Support in the "main team", and Shakespeare with the +75 Friend Points essence in the secondary team. Will I get the +75 points even if Shakepeare never enters the battle?

Universal effects, yes. The later bond and QP up CEs also take effect from the back row. But if it only applies to the specific servant (or, with bond CEs, when it says 'if servant is on the field'), it obviously wouldn't.

Pejo

Did a 10 pull yesterday after finishing up some more story missions, got 5* Arturia.

I mean what the fuck. I can't get a 4* to save my life, but I have 3 5* on this account, and only one from my re-roll'ing start. The only 4* I have is my tutorial Siegfried.

(wish it was Waver)

Mupod

so tomorrow's EXP quests should be enemy casters/archers right? I got Medusa almost to 40 and I could get Lancer up there if I worked at it.

The 30 AP quest is super easy for me but my berserkers just get messed up badly in the 40 AP one.

Yayate

Qhere so I get the berserker statues to ascend Heracles? I got the mats for other classes except him

Run through the story to get a fair amount of them.

Then do any quest that spawns shadow Berserker servants. The best quest to do is the daily cavalry quest, but that isn't up right now. The best free questis Appian Way in Septem, but the droprates are pretty bad. All shadow servants have a chance of dropping white statues, but golds are pretty much daily-only.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
so tomorrow's EXP quests should be enemy casters/archers right? I got Medusa almost to 40 and I could get Lancer up there if I worked at it.

The 30 AP quest is super easy for me but my berserkers just get messed up badly in the 40 AP one.

This is where I'm at right now, I can handle 30 AP fine with a good support. From the responses above, I may not quite be ready for 40 AP without a really good support and some weapon triangle advantage.

xequalsy

Oh god, just looked up the drop rates for Octuplet Crystals for ascending Herc a second time. ~120AP per drop is the best one. This will be fun when I need 8 or something. Guess I'll spend my AP on the exp quests for now.

Yayate

Oh god, just looked up the drop rates for Octuplet Crystals for ascending Herc a second time. ~120AP per drop is the best one. This will be fun when I need 8 or something. Guess I'll spend my AP on the exp quests for now.

They tend to give bronze and silver materials away in rather large numbers in events, plus event nodes tend to have higher droprates than normal. Don't worry too much about max ascending your servants yet! You can always dump some EXP in your second archive and keep some in your regular inventory until events arrive.

xequalsy

They tend to give bronze and silver materials away in rather large numbers in events, plus event nodes tend to have higher droprates than normal. Don't worry too much about max ascending your servants yet! You can always dump some EXP in your second archive and keep some in your regular inventory until events arrive.
Thanks for the reassurance. I think it's probably a good idea to have a variety of classes of servants levelled for events anyway, so this should be a good thing. Still have many many others to use exp on.

Yayate

Thanks for the reassurance. I think it's probably a good idea to have a variety of classes of servants levelled for events anyway, so this should be a good thing. Still have many many others to use exp on.

Yeah, exactly. Spread the love to 1, 2 and 3 star servants, too, because some of them can be surprisingly amazing.

Farming for materials this early on will just kill your soul (especially if it's chaos talons)

commish

Grinding for ascension mats is a time-honoured timewasting activity amongst FGO fans. Don't worry.

As a gacha veteran, I honestly prefer it like this rather than making it really easy and fast to max out characters. I think it's important to have things to work toward.

elty

Anyone know a quicker way to reroll on Android? I am looking at the directory data/data/com.aniplex.fategrandorder.en/ but it is empty

xequalsy

So, guys, how much of a crazy endeavor would it be to reroll for a Saber Alter? I just... really like the design and lol.

Isn't that the one that is story locked behind completing the prologue chapter? Um, if I were you, I'd play normally and save until her rate up event and then pull. If you don't get her, you can always just reroll a new account then, since looking on the wiki, these rate up events tend to remove story lock requirements.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/4M_Downloads_Campaign

Again, not sure if they will align these download banners with time with JPN or with downloads in NA, but if the former, you should only have to wait ~2 months.

The purpose of Tamamo CAT is to get one and two shotted by the Hands of Dawn

Blue-kun

Very crazy. She is unlocked only when you finish prologue map main quests, Fuyuki.

Ya, I'm aware. I think I might try to do it a couple times, because I don't want to give up before even attempting it, buuuut lol

Obviously I'm gonna give up very soon into it because that's how I am. Then again, maybe I'll be able to get something good that's not her and settle for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom