• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic7700

So I was browsing around and I see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66yo3awHKG8

HOLY SHIT. WHEN DOES MOTHERFUCKING THOMAS EDISON COME TO OUR VERSION!!??!?!

According to the lore his stats are super buffed up to EX rating because the Presidents of the United States (Past present and future) gave him a mystic code to basically "fortify the concept of Edison". He also randomly gets into fistfights with Tesla whenever he meets him. Oh and he has a lion head because of the botched summoning and reasons. That lore is so batshit insane and stupid, I like it.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Edison
Dude....this is kinda....
THE MOST BADASS SERVENT EVER
wonder if we'll ever get another American like Washington or Lincoln

Ala Alba

Dude....this is kinda....
THE MOST BADASS SERVENT EVER
wonder if we'll ever get another American like Washington or Lincoln

Servant spoilers, I guess:

Geronimo and Billy the Kid are added at the same time. There's also Quetzalcoatl and Jaguar Man, for more central American servants.

Shadic7700

Servant spoilers, I guess:

Geronimo and Billy the Kid are added at the same time. There's also Quetzalcoatl and Jaguar Man, for more central American servants.
I remember Billy and was gonna ask if Geronimo was there but that's awesome was struggling to think of an American icon without defaulting to a President lol

Yayate

Having Carmilla almost at level 40 makes me want to make this happen. But it's not clear what the payoff should be for a crit team yet.

Emiya (even though he's a long way off from reaching his full potential)? Lancelot? Some 5-star archer not in the game yet?

Whenever EMIYA gets his skill buffs, he'll be the best crit archer bar none- his crit damage because so ridiculously high because of projection combined with hawkeye that it seriously outdoes even five stars by a significant margin.

Lancelot's not awful for crit teams, but the big problem is that he has no crit damage up, which means that dedicated crit characters will eventually outpace him. Also, he really doesn't help with stargen which generally means you'll have to have two people create stars for him.

According to the lore his stats are super buffed up to EX rating because the Presidents of the United States (Past present and future) gave him a mystic code to basically "fortify the concept of Edison". He also randomly gets into fistfights with Tesla whenever he meets him. Oh and he has a lion head because of the botched summoning and reasons. That lore is so batshit insane and stupid, I like it.

He's showing up in the fifth Singularity- which is America.

Strimei

I'll likely be deciding between Herc and Emiya. I have Robin Hood to use in a pinch if I go Herc, but in that case I'd likely be running Tama/Herc together, lol. Glass cannon team, go!

From what I've read, Herc has some pretty good mitigation as you power him up. He has an evade, his third skill lets him revive from being killed (obligatory "people die when they are killed"), and his bond CE lets him do it like two more times.

Herc was in my initial 10-draw and he's been wrecking house. My main lineup is him, Robin, and Cu (Lancer) and its been terrific. I have a wrecking ball, a cockroach of a dog, and poison. Goes well~

I also love how unkillable Cu gets, given how being Lancer is suffering, generally (and how he kept getting killed in Carnival Phantasm).

chrono01

Think Caster was before yesterday
Man, someone needs to get these dailies listed in proper order. Granted it's the first week, so no one really know how they're set up. Hopefully it'll be more organized for next week.

It doesn't help how the daily doesn't mention WHICH class they're for. Like "Duel With Four Warriors". How am I supposed to know that specific one gives Rider, Caster, Assassin and Berserker ascension materials?

Quonny

Man, someone needs to get these dailies listed in proper order. Granted it's the first week, so no one really know how they're set up. Hopefully it'll be more organized for next week.

It doesn't help how the daily doesn't mention WHICH class they're for. Like "Duel With Four Warriors". How am I supposed to know that specific one gives Rider, Caster, Assassin and Berserker ascension materials?

Isn't that the little symbol on the far right?

chrono01

On the page where you select your Support, look at the top bar to see what classes you will face this round.
Oh, is that where it's hidden? I'd really love it if they made it more clear in the title for the daily, but I guess that would require too much text (not enough space).

Thanks, I'll keep that in-mind!

chrono01

It unstacks in the party screen at the top, it'll say enemy tendency.

Not sure if it represents drops though.
Thanks, just learned this from the above reply, haha. I really should have paid closer attention to that Party Confirmation screen.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Spent the last 4 days (and counting) in re-rolling hell for Jeanne. Why must I be punished so? T_T

Slashlen

My understanding is:
3 Knights = Saber/Archer/Lancer
4 Warriors = Rider/Caster/Assassin/Berserker
Duel = Pieces/Monuments
Monster Hunting = Skill Gems

Mix/match as needed.

Do you guys switch out who is in your All slot based on the dailies available? I have a 60 Altera but my 50 Martha is probably better for the quests today. When picking myself, I usually just look at All, but picking Waver yesterday was kind of a mistake.

Going to start working on the story now that most of my guys have reached the cap, before farming more skill/ascension mats

Shizuka

I've decided to keep rerolling until I get my first 5*. Who knows when that'll happen, but everyone I see online had one except for me.

Strimei

Do you guys switch out who is in your All slot based on the dailies available? I have a 60 Altera but my 50 Martha is probably better for the quests today. When picking myself, I usually just look at All, but picking Waver yesterday was kind of a mistake.

Going to start working on the story now that most of my guys have reached the cap, before farming more skill/ascension mats

Nah, I just have Hercules with the CE that starts him with 60% NP (or whichever, not the kaleidoscope one, the one a bit lower than that) for my friends, chiefly. They seem appreciative so far, heh.

Ala Alba

I always check the appropriate class categories first, as that's where I assume people put their best Servant of that class, while All usually just has their favorite Servant if not an extra class Servant.

I always check the appropriate class categories first, as that's where I assume people put their best Servant of that class, while All usually just has their favorite Servant if not an extra class Servant.

Interesting. I always thought All was for your best servant regardless of class.

Also for ascension materials, I just tried the advanced 30 AP (the highest) daily, it was tough but i only came up with 1 silver statue and nothing else. So lots of grinding in the future? or just an unlucky run? Also are all 3 levels of the quest the same and is there any benefit (besides the 3 mana prisms) to complete all 3 bars of the daily? Since it goes > > Infinity.

Cruziao

Neo Member
Playing since Tuesday and I just escaped re-rolling hell for Waver yesterday :(
Still trying to figure out the game mechanic right now (reading earlier post in this thread helps a lot).
And looking for friend to carry me haha

LMAO
That kind of shenanigans is why I love Fate franchise

NexusCell

I heard Septem was going to be bad arc story-wise, but hopefully UMU makes it breeze quickly. <3

I personally didn't like it not because of the Nero wanking (although that didn't help), but because there is no characterization of any other Roman Servants other than Nero. Kind of ruins the fun of having a chapter in Ancient Rome when the actual Romans themselves are only there to service Nero.

Khezu

Man It sucks were so far behind, I hope they speed it up a bit when they can.

I don't want to wait two years for Bob.

Articalys

The fact that enemy characters have no cooldown limits on skill usage can lead to stupid situations if you make a tactical error.

e.g. on Knights daily: I neglected to use my first turn to take out Cu and he casts both his 3x dodge and auto-revive skills. So I set up a brave chain that would kill him on the 4th hit to get the revive out of the way. Of course he immediately casts the exact same combo again. Thankfully it stopped after that and things progressed normally.

Shinypogs

I have never been more confused by a story than I am right now, wtf is going on in this game? Why is the director allowed to slap me, why are there rabbit squirrels that think I'm both a rival and someone they wanna protect, what the hell is all the technobabble going on and will it ever matter? I'm trying so hard to understand wtf is happening.

chrono01

Should I keep an account with no 5* servant but with a Kaleidoscope? I think the best servant I have is Carmilla.
Kaleidoscope is an amazing CE, but only when accompanied by an equally as amazing Servant.

Honestly, I'd re-roll for a 5* character, but it depends on how determined you are, haha.

Baalzebup

I have never been more confused by a story than I am right now, wtf is going on in this game? Why is the director allowed to slap me, why are there rabbit squirrels that think I'm both a rival and someone they wanna protect, what the hell is all the technobabble going on and will it ever matter? I'm trying so hard to understand wtf is happening.
The answer to your first two questions is basically "because anime." All the technobabble is basically due to this clearly being aimed at people already familiar with the Fate/ setting and the multitudes of In-universe jargon of the Nasuverse.

Caim

If anyone needs red Rider gems you can get them from Fateful Fortress in Orleans.

Been getting one every other run with the occasional dragon fang.

Hubb

Man It sucks were so far behind, I hope they speed it up a bit when they can.

I don't want to wait two years for Bob.

There's no way they keep the same speed as the JP version. I mean I guesssss it is possible, but I highly doubt it.

Strimei

Don't worry about the technobabble, you'll get used to it with time. Or just learn to ignore it.

I felt daunted when I first got into Fate, though to be fair that was in 2006, and things have grown considerably since then.

As for Fou, he's Fou. Everything needs a mascot, in the end.

Shizuka

Kaleidoscope is an amazing CE, but only when accompanied by an equally as amazing Servant.

Honestly, I'd re-roll for a 5* character, but it depends on how determined you are, haha.

Maybe with the free 4* we're getting soon? If it's still not as good as pulling a 5*, I'll just keep rerolling.

Shinypogs

The answer to your first two questions is basically "because anime." All the technobabble is basically due to this clearly being aimed at people already familiar with the Fate/ setting and the multitudes of In-universe jargon of the Nasuverse.

I see, I suppose I can accept being confused if the gameplay holds up, maybe I'll read a wiki and try and absorb enough history and jargon so things start making sense.

Yayate

Find it crazy that my level 30 Lu's NP can do 48k+ damage with the right buffs.

Lu Bu does excessively excessive amounts of damage. He's a pretty absurd 3 star, and the only reason people don't rave about him more is because Herk is similar but more survivable.

Later on, he even gets an NP damage up for himself. Going off only self-buffs, Lu Bu some of the highest NP damages in the game- especially since he's free to NP5 compared to gold servants which are very difficult to get above NP1.

Hubb

Well June is over as far as FGO is concerned and the summon tickets didn't reset. Hopefully they reset at the end of July, I'm at the point where I already have too many mana prisms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom