• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any reason to stock up on Fou cards and exp cards? I've got a bunch of both kinds and was thinking about pouring all the 3* attack and HP cards into Heracles.

Use them as early as possible. They only cost more to use when the servant is already high-level.

Voror

Use them as early as possible. They only cost more to use when the servant is already high-level.

Alright then probably should have used them earlier I guess as Heracles is 25 right now. Been kind of hard to get him further as I haven't gotten too many specific cards for him or more universal ones.

I've got all these archer ones but only a 1* and I almost want to save them. Haven't done anything other than friend point rolls so far. Got 90 quartz right now so I guess I might as well see what three 10 rolls gets me.

sonicmj1

This game is awful and the story is awful but I like making the numbers go up.

Can I beat the 40 AP XP quest with:
Level 40 Elizabeth
Level 40 Ushiwakamaru
Level 50 Jeanne support?

Edit: Just accidentally entered and cleared it with support level 40 Elizabeth instead, so I guess it's not as bad if you have type advantage.

Voror

First 10 roll didn't get me any 4* or 5* Servants sadly. Not sure if anything here is good.

2 3* Medea
3* Alexander
3* Gaius Julius Caeser
3* Boudica
Iron Willed Training
Azure Black Keys
3* Cu Caster
Gandr 4*

Did one of those challenges where there's a Berserker with 32k~ at the end. Wow that was a fight, it killed my entire squad except Boudica who was just barely able to kill it with 56 HP left.

wew close call.

Voror

Hey Second 10 Roll went a bit better I think.

5* Heaven's Feel
5* Formal Craft
4* Altria Alter Saber
3* Robin Hood
3* Sorcery Ore
3* Dragonkin
4* Divine Banquet
4* Angel's Song
3* Romulus
5* Altria Saber

Blue-kun

5* Heaven's Feel
5* Formal Craft
4* Altria Alter Saber
3* Robin Hood
3* Sorcery Ore
3* Dragonkin
4* Divine Banquet
4* Angel's Song
3* Romulus
5* Altria Saber

Officially jealous that you got Altria Alter and Altria in the same roll. Congrats!

Zafir

Not bad at all.

FFBE is higher up on the top grossing Android apps list than FE Heroes, at least in my region.

So good.
Unfair to compare ffbe this week to be honest. They've got a half off a lapis bundle and a guaranteed 5* banner.

That said I think it's unfair to compare them anyway. FF is a much bigger brand than FE. In theory it should make more.

Voror

Officially jealous that you got Altria Alter and Altria in the same roll. Congrats!

I was surprised as hell I got both too. When Altria Alter showed up early on I figured that would be the best I got, but then at the very end Altria showed up too. Now I just need to get a bunch of EXP cards for Sabers...

Articalys

QP required to level up doesn't depend on the type of card being used to level but instead on the level of the target? That just seems stupid and needlessly punishing for the player. It's like they want to you overlevel early.

Hellix

5* Heaven's Feel
5* Formal Craft
4* Altria Alter Saber
3* Robin Hood
3* Sorcery Ore
3* Dragonkin
4* Divine Banquet
4* Angel's Song
3* Romulus
5* Altria Saber

Burnt all my quartz trying to get alter saber. :\

What does Joanne special really does? After using it I always get stunned?

Yes, it's a self stun while at the same time it provides 1 turn of Invunerability to the party, 2 turns of Def up, and 3 turns of 1000 HP recovery. So never use it at the start of a chain.

(Way, way, way later you'll get a quest that removes the stun and replaces it with a debuff cleanser.)

Caim

What does Joanne special really does? After using it I always get stunned?

Grants all allies invincibility for 1 turn.
Increases all allies defense for 3 turns.
Inflicts self stun for 2 turns.

If you ever pull a dupe and raise her NP and overcharge it you also get HP recovery for the party for 2 turns.

She gets an 2nd interlude that upgrades her NP which removes the stun and also removes all debuffs from the party.

elty

Yes, it's a self stun while at the same time it provides 1 turn of Invunerability to the party, 2 turns of Def up, and 3 turns of 1000 HP recovery. So never use it at the start of a chain.

(Way, way, way later you'll get a quest that removes the stun and replaces it with a debuff cleanser.)

Ahh I see. She is the only one on my friend list and I always sue her for every quest.

Hubb

Grants all allies invincibility for 1 turn.
Increases all allies defense for 3 turns.
Inflicts self stun for 2 turns.

If you ever pull a dupe and raise her NP and overcharge it you also get HP recovery for the party for 2 turns.

She gets an 2nd interlude that upgrades her NP which removes the stun and also removes all debuffs from the party.

Do you really need to level NP and overcharge it for the HP recovery? I've been using Jeanne as my support on and off, and everytime I use her NP I get +1k HP for 2 turns to all party members (and that's with just 100% NP). I've used a few different Jeanne's and I doubt they all have leveled the NP.

Voror

Is it alright to feed other Servants for Exp? A number of these ones I've gotten I don't think I'll use, but just wanted to be sure there weren't any disadvantages.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've gotten 65 quartz so far...trying to decide whether to save them up for when Gil shows up or using them now.

elty

Sorry maybe this has been answered before, but how do you complete the quest for "acquire 1 gem, magic gem or secret gem from daily quest"? Nothing in my daily drops gems.

Articalys

Do you really need to level NP and overcharge it for the HP recovery? I've been using Jeanne as my support on and off, and everytime I use her NP I get +1k HP for 2 turns to all party members (and that's with just 100% NP). I've used a few different Jeanne's and I doubt they all have leveled the NP.
Every NP has two different sets of effects, the main ones and the overcharge ones. Increasing the NP level boost the main effects, while overcharging (regardless of level) increases the overcharge ones.
The key thing is that 100% meter is still technically an "overcharge", albeit the lowest value for one. So you always get both effects even if you use the NP at its minimum power (level 1, only 100% charge).
Since Jeanne's main effect is the defense boost and the overcharge is the HP recovery, that means even at level 2, if you use the NP with only 100% charge, you'll still only get the 1k recovery (but you'll get more defense boost, of course). Conversely, if you use the NP after another NP (which gives it an effective charge above 100%), even at only level 1, you'll get more HP recovery.

Qurupeke

Sorry maybe this has been answered before, but how do you complete the quest for "acquire 1 gem, magic gem or secret gem from daily quest"? Nothing in my daily drops gems.

It's one of the daily event quests, but not on today's bunch.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Every NP has two different sets of effects, the main ones and the overcharge ones. Increasing the NP level boost the main effects, while overcharging (regardless of level) increases the overcharge ones.
The key thing is that 100% meter is still technically an "overcharge", albeit the lowest value for one. So you always get both effects even if you use the NP at its minimum power (level 1, only 100% charge).
Since Jeanne's main effect is the defense boost and the overcharge is the HP recovery, that means even at level 2, if you use the NP with only 100% charge, you'll still only get the 1k recovery.

Great explanation!

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of NP2s outside of a few NPs.

XiaNaphryz

Are you getting Gil cuz you like him or cuz you need a 5* archer?

Gil is best husbando.

UdFv1vk.gif

And I'd like a 5* anything really, since I don't have any!

Caim

Oh I just looked it up you just get more HP recovery when overcharged.

3k if you have it at 500%.

Kenai

That doesn't happen til her second Interlude unfortunately.

Yea I finished it and was sad when it didn't change. But someday.

Not sure if I should keep Jeanne up or switch to Waver now that he is above 50. Both are heading for 60 but I haven't been able to grind exp like before since my Master level isn't getting auto-level-ups anymore. I probably don't have enough Caster pieces yet either.

And I'd like a 5* anything really, since I don't have any!

If 5*s are still tempting you, best to get it out of your system now and reroll entirely.

Actually, I went ahead and did that on another phone. Got Waver, got Tamamo Cat back, and now the temptation to keep pulling is finally gone.

Yea I finished it and was sad when it didn't change. But someday.

Not sure if I should keep Jeanne up or switch to Waver now that he is above 50. Both are heading for 60 but I haven't been able to grind exp like before since my Master level isn't getting auto-level-ups anymore. I probably don't have enough Caster pieces yet either.

Get on my Friends list and keep showing Jeanne as your support leader so I can keep abusing her to keep Altera alive kthx

My friend told me that it took around 8 months for the Fate/Zero themed content to start, which if I recall right is when
Avenger Angra Mainyu
is finally dropped into the Friend Summoning Pool, so I guess I'll be stockpiling friend points until then, huh?

XiaNaphryz

If 5*s are still tempting you, best to get it out of your system now and reroll entirely.

Nah, I'm fine with my current set. A 5* would be gravy, just debating whether to save or pull is all. Aside from Gil, there's not a lot of other chars I'm interested in down the road.

chrono01

0vmwZB7.jpg

Is this good enough of a pull or is Waver basically a requirement? Also pulled Emiya on the first 10 pull if that matters.
KEEP. THAT. ACCOUNT.

Congrats! :)

Ended up getting Waver after 181 rerolls: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/155829211

Random stats

- Waver's Reroll Number: 181 (51-52 hours)
- 20x 5* Found: 8x Jeanne (welp), 4x Vlad, 4x Altera, 3x Artoria, 1x Waver
- No Double 5*
Oh man, so happy for you. Well-deserved, congrats!

5* Heaven's Feel
5* Formal Craft
4* Altria Alter Saber
3* Robin Hood
3* Sorcery Ore
3* Dragonkin
4* Divine Banquet
4* Angel's Song
3* Romulus
5* Altria Saber
So jealous.

Altria + Altria Alter + 5* CE x2 = VERY MUCH YES!

Is the event quest useful for anything? I barely finish the easiest one but don't see anything drop.

It drops those figurines used for limit breaking.

This game is awful and the story is awful but I like making the numbers go up.

Can I beat the 40 AP XP quest with:
Level 40 Elizabeth
Level 40 Ushiwakamaru
Level 50 Jeanne support?

Edit: Just accidentally entered and cleared it with support level 40 Elizabeth instead, so I guess it's not as bad if you have type advantage.

I misclicked too and cleared it with lvl 50 Elizabeth support, lvl 25 Altria, lvl 30 Mash and bunch of lvl 15-30 1-3* characters :D

chrono01

So I've been watching gatcha pulls of the Japanese version...

I'm never getting another 5*, am I?

Here's hoping they do those "5* Guaranteed Pull with a Quartz Purchase" in the Global version like they do in Japan (special events only, of course). I'd put money in for that.

It's actually better to put it on someone like Mash (0 cost Servant) in your party instead because during story quests, you may get the option to use a story related Support unit which gives 200 FP, having it equipped in your party means you'll be getting 275 instead, which is nice. People should be using this method instead of slightly gimping their best Support with a mostly useless CE. You'll get +75 from everything that way. You might be wasting someone's attack on a unit that could've died if your Support just had that little bit of extra attack or command card boost.

I've set my level 42 Archer w/ Kaleidoscope (80% NP charge at start) as my All Class Support for today's EXP daily, use him if you want to clear out/weaken a group quickly. Hopefully more people learn that you can switch classes at the top bar to see all of a person's Support units so I don't have to do this for each daily. Waver's probably going to go back to that slot afterwards.

I also have 3 slots available on my friend list right now, check out the google doc in the OP if you want to add me. Whenever they give out that 4* Servant, I'll have Heracles, and that should give me a pretty well-rounded Support crew rolling.

EDIT: Make sure to add your name to the list so I don't assume you're some random stranger. It also helps if you don't have a mostly empty Support cast with just a Mash at level 1. Especially if you're just lurking. -_-

Nice! This is what I was missing. I didn't know we could put it on mash in our party. Thought it was support only. Thanks! Any tips on today's dailies? They are crushing my team. Starting to really regret putting time in Vlad. I know he turns out to be a powerhouse but for right now he just gets one shot by nearly everyone. Particularly archers like the ones in the Event dailies today. They all one rounded him. Even the level 10. My Vlad is level 28.

Also sent you a friend request. Same username as here.

Edit: Not sure if this has been mentioned. For the people who's friend code starts with a zero, like me, it looks like the spreadsheet deletes the starting zero. So for instance to add me as a friend you would have to add a zero to the beginning of what you see on the sheet so it should be: 087, 607,409.

Yaari

Still got a waver account if anyone wants it. I did use the 10 roll and the 5 single rolls you get when starting. Also Martha and Marie Antoinette on it.
And an account with jeanne,cat and chevalier.

So I've been watching gatcha pulls of the Japanese version...

I'm never getting another 5*, am I?

Here's hoping they do those "5* Guaranteed Pull with a Quartz Purchase" in the Global version like they do in Japan (special events only, of course). I'd put money in for that.

I got 5* essence from #YOLO pull from summon ticket today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom