• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Still got a waver account if anyone wants it. I did use the 10 roll and the 5 single rolls you get when starting. Also Martha and Marie Antoinette on it.
That's a nice account!

Why are you giving it up? Decided the game wasn't for you?

I got 5* essence from #YOLO pull from summon ticket today.
Congrats!

I still need my first 5* CE. Didn't get lucky with my first two multi-pull, and am currently hoarding my SQ for limited-time characters. :(

Should I save the Fou or just use all of them on Zhuge Liang?
I used mine on him, since:

1) He was my only 5*.

2) He'll be in pretty much any party I create (due to his utility), so the stats won't ever be wasted. While he is a support and not a damage-dealer, his stats are still pretty high in ATK, so it's not like he can't do damage.

Yaari

That's a nice account!

Why are you giving it up? Decided the game wasn't for you?

I just like rerolling and my macro makes it until the second 10 draw now so it takes little effort. I already given away like 3 waver accounts now haha.

I don't know if I will be playing the game.

chrono01

I just like rerolling and my macro makes it until the second 10 draw now so it takes little effort. I already given away like 3 waver accounts now haha.

I don't know if I will be playing the game.
You're good people, thanks for your service. :)

Mupod

lol, I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of people posting spoilers for this (not here, was looking for info on the localization panel in a few minutes). I guess I never thought of it as that kind of game even though the story is a big draw for me. Lesson learned I guess.

Really need to get a team capable of farming the 40AP quests reliably without command seals. Vlad is starting to get really strong but I need to power through more of the story to ascend him soon. I'm kind of in an awkward place where I need 20k EXP to level up but the 30AP daily only gives 5k.

Shadic7700

Hey guys I've been farming for Arch monuments but the 30 stam daily keeps making me fight lancer and if I ever fight Gill he drops a silver piece should I keep geming stam or is there a free mission with better drops

Zanzura

Nice! This is what I was missing. I didn't know we could put it on mash in our party. Thought it was support only. Thanks! Any tips on today's dailies? They are crushing my team. Starting to really regret putting time in Vlad. I know he turns out to be a powerhouse but for right now he just gets one shot by nearly everyone. Particularly archers like the ones in the Event dailies today. They all one rounded him. Even the level 10. My Vlad is level 28.

Also sent you a friend request. Same username as here.

Edit: Not sure if this has been mentioned. For the people who's friend code starts with a zero, like me, it looks like the spreadsheet deletes the starting zero. So for instance to add me as a friend you would have to add a zero to the beginning of what you see on the sheet so it should be: 087, 607,409.

Looking at your support cast, it looks like you don't have a well-rounded team for dealing with dailies. For today's daily you'll want a good Lancer and Rider. You have Cu but he isn't leveled very high and I highly recommend ascending him ASAP for his second skill's Evade which unlike other evade skills like Emiya's, doesn't expire by turn, but rather by how many attacks he evades (which is 3). Martha has a self-heal to somewhat help sustain herself but more importantly a decent AOE NP which are great for dailies in general. You have an Altera who unfortunately is useless since she'll be doing half-damage against the Archer units which are the majority of today's dailies. Vlad is a Berserker and unless you have a tank, you're just gambling on the enemy not focusing him down instantly.

Don't be afraid to use EXP cards even if the class doesn't match as the bonus XP isn't that significant for most of them. If it helps you power up the units you need to do dailies, just use them, you want to get to farming the big 40AP one quickly as the early XP cards crap out quickly and the 3* ones are a great source of Mana Prisms (30AP daily is best to farm for these if needed) for Summon Tickets.

Of course, if you're lacking a in class, just use a high-level friend summon or a high-level Jeanne (resist all) to carry you.

Also, one of the loading screens told me the order of the Classes shown at the top after quest selection indicates "the order of strategic importance" which I assume means the likelihood you'll see that type of enemy or which class the Boss unit is likely to be. How nice to put that in a loading screen instead of the in-game help page. Wish I knew that earlier. :/

lol, I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of people posting spoilers for this (not here, was looking for info on the localization panel in a few minutes). I guess I never thought of it as that kind of game even though the story is a big draw for me. Lesson learned I guess.

Really need to get a team capable of farming the 40AP quests reliably without command seals. Vlad is starting to get really strong but I need to power through more of the story to ascend him soon. I'm kind of in an awkward place where I need 20k EXP to level up but the 30AP daily only gives 5k.

One of Vlad's biggest drawbacks is that like all Berserkers he is paper but unlike most of the other ones he doesn't get a Guts skill or a self-heal. Vlad is someone who is tailor made to be supported by Jeanne. We all need more people with Jeannes as our supports really. If you have Jeanne, please level her and stick her in your Ruler support slot! Waver will be amazing later on but right now in the early game Jeanne is the premier carry.

Mupod

wasn't this AX panel supposed to have started already?

One of Vlad's biggest drawbacks is that like all Berserkers he is paper but unlike most of the other ones he doesn't get a Guts skill or a self-heal. Vlad is someone who is tailor made to be supported by Jeanne. We all need more people with Jeannes as our supports really. Waver will be amazing later on but right now in the early game Jeanne is the premier carry.

yeah that's what I do generally. I have one from GAF with the username Mei that I used for 90% of my daily farming. It's actually kind of annoying that after I added more GAF people I keep getting your Alteras at the top of the list now instead, lol.

I'm generally pretty good at keeping my berserkers alive but I wasn't expecting a crit 1 shot on the very first attack of the 40AP daily (which I still beat, but it took 3 command seals).

I've been pumping resources into my other characters, I got Medusa at 40 and Cu/Sasaki are around 25 but I'm a long way from a balanced team. I have tons of archer exp cards hoarded for when they finally let us pick our characters and I can get the red man.

jnWake

Did a second 10 pull to test my luck and got practically only dupes, which prompts my following question: What are dupes for?

Blue-kun

Did a second 10 pull to test my luck and got practically only dupes, which prompts my following question: What are dupes for?

Can fuse them with your original cards to increase their Noble Phantasms' levels, if they're servants. Or burn them for MP/QP. For CE I actually don't know, lol.

Kevlar

Neo Member
Still got a waver account if anyone wants it. I did use the 10 roll and the 5 single rolls you get when starting. Also Martha and Marie Antoinette on it.
And an account with jeanne,cat and chevalier.
Could I have the waver account please thank you.

I'm generally pretty good at keeping my berserkers alive but I wasn't expecting a crit 1 shot on the very first attack of the 40AP daily (which I still beat, but it took 3 command seals).

I've been pumping resources into my other characters, I got Medusa at 40 and Cu/Sasaki are around 25 but I'm a long way from a balanced team. I have tons of archer exp cards hoarded for when they finally let us pick our characters and I can get the red man.

I just had a 40AP run like that. Cat died to double crits right away but I stalled for a couple of turns with lv. 1 Mash. It took 20 turns and 1 command seal to take them all out.

My ace in the hole (other than Jeanne, to be fair) is Waver with Divine Banquet, firing off NP debuffs on every wave (effectively a free turn if you stun them all!). This is way better than Kaleidoscope for long attrition fights.

And, yes, I'm also sitting on a mountain of archer XP and waiting for Emiya.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Aww... Just cleared the story with 50 Marie and Eliza waifus. I didn't know we have to wait for them to patch the rest of it in.

Tried rolling for a Nero since I had 32 prisms, nothing cool though!

Been staying away from the XP daily because I don't like waiting for stamina to recharge. Guess it's time to do the free quests?

Articalys

Okay, I didn't realize that the cost of leveling up purely depends on the character's level, not the strength of the card you're fusing in. That feels like it's unnecessarily punishing players who level a bit of a time and don't do massive leveling sprees.

Quonny

Aww... Just cleared the story with 50 Marie and Eliza waifus. I didn't know we have to wait for them to patch the rest of it in.

Tried rolling for a Nero since I had 32 prisms, nothing cool though!

Been staying away from the XP daily because I don't like waiting for stamina to recharge. Guess it's time to do the free quests?
The point of the XP daily is you get 15k Master XP per run, and each run gives you enough to rank up and fully recover your AP. This gives you a higher cap so when you sleep or don't play for a bit you're not wasting AP because it's capped.

M.J. Doja

Banned
The point of the XP daily is you get 15k Master XP per run, and each run gives you enough to rank up and fully recover your AP. This gives you a higher cap so when you sleep or don't play for a bit you're not wasting AP because it's capped.

Good point. I just know at master level 39 I don't get near a full bar of XP so I have to be patient i guess.

Zanzura

Okay, I didn't realize that the cost of leveling up purely depends on the character's level, not the strength of the card you're fusing in. That feels like it's unnecessarily punishing players who level a bit of a time and don't do massive leveling sprees.

Doesn't seem that bad so far, but I don't know how high the cost gets at like level 70 or whatever. Getting QP doesn't seem to be an issue at all, as a 40 AP treasure vault run gives you ~900k.

Live stream has just started if anyone wants to watch this panel discussion

edit: Oh look it's the voice of SEIBAH (Ayako Kawasumi)

edit2: This panel moderator guy is really annoying

Yeah, not a big fan of him either.

Edit: He seriously needs to stop fanboying and get the panel going already.

If nothing else, I learned that Ayako Kawasumi's natural voice is higher than the one she uses to voice SEIBAH

I wonder if I'll learn anything else useful because so far it's been fluff

BaconHat

The moderator should really stop trying so hard.

In another note, the director of Aniplex Japan said the choice to translate came from seeing all of the FGO cosplay at last year Anime Expo.

Quonny

I don't know why they have this guy as the host of their social media Fate events/livestreams. He also does the weekly livestream stuff. He's really awkward.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

The leveling is also a bit of like gacha in ways because the leveling sprees give you a higher likely chance to run in to super success sprees

I don't know why they have this guy as the host of their social media Fate events/livestreams. He also does the weekly livestream stuff. He's really awkward.

I remember the the who used to be The Aniplex Guy, and he was all right. He moved on to ATLUS, right?

Anything of note at this panel or is it a strictly celebratory thing?

Zanzura

I remember the the who used to be The Aniplex Guy, and he was all right. He moved on to ATLUS, right?

Anything of note at this panel or is it a strictly celebratory thing?

A lot of cringe so far. A lot. I don't know why I'm listening to this, Yes, listening, not watching, it's not helping.

BaconHat

They've just cut off the Aniplex Japan president speech with the Heaven Feel PV.
This is kind of run badly right now.

Edit : And the trailer finished with a "and we hope someone announce soon a US release". Well, this was a waste of time.

Zanzura

Aaaand it's over? ...I hate myself. Seiba spoke, Heaven's Feel trailer, 20 free Saint Quartz as I type this.

Edit: This moderator, man.

chrono01

Yeah, that MC was...wow. They need to get someone better next time, just a horrible job all-around. :/

Happy about the 20 free SQ, though! Honestly, I might try re-rolling a few times on my alt device (after I burn through the stamina on my current account and wait for it to replenish) to see if I can score Waver + a second 5*. With the free SQ, that'll be over two free multi-pulls with each re-roll. Not bad!

I would have liked to see them mention when we're getting that free 4*, though. I need my Heracles. :(

Deadly

What are the interlude missions? Are they considered end-game like the Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? Or are they very doable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom