• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
At this stage, don't you lose like 40 Saint Quartz since you've missed out on launch week?

No. Ultimately the amount of free quartz you get woudln't be balanced out by the sheer number of quartz you would need to roll for Gil. I'll probably buy a waver + scathach acct once she comes out.

Uthred

Welp up to 100 re-rolls and I think I'll leave it there, got 1 Waver account out of that (was ludicrously hoping for Waver+Vlad). Though the account I ended up going with was one I traded a Jeanne for a few days ago. Didnt need to keep re-rolling at that point but figured I'd casually go to 100 as that was my original goal. The amount of just flat out terrible accounts that generated fills me with foreboding for when it comes time to try and get a unit I want ;)

Khezu

I'll be honest, I didn't bother to even reroll once.

I just went with what I got.

Which was Liz and Medusa.

I'm only here for Emiya, and I figured i would get him with the free 4star thingy, but I ended up getting him in the gacha, so I guess Herc next.

No one else is interesting enough to put my self through that kind of hell.

I kinda want Saber Alter, but she is only 4 star I think, so I'll probably get her eventually on accident.

Articalys

Is it just me, or are some of the dialogue decision points broken? Not like it really matters gameplay wise, but I swear there's some where you get the same response no matter which option you pick, when it seems like they should lead to much different immediate dialogue.

Like, early on in Orleans, there's a bit where
Jeanne is talking about how she can't sense other servants even though she's a Ruler, and you have the option to either ask about Rulers or mention the other Jeanne, but no matter which you choose, the conversation seems to flow as if you picked the second choice.

Since my current line-up isn't exactly star-studded, I'm fine with getting any decent 5* in future rolls.

Fingers-crossed that I'll get Nero, Jeanne Alter, Gilgamesh & Seiba Alter though.

The more I think about it the more I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with these prices. I mean fallout shelter got about 80 bucks out of me because 10 bucks got me like 19 vault boxes. If it was 5-10 bucks for a 10 roll I'd probably have maxed my card trying for some more 5's. I see that 80 buck price tag though and my good sense is just like "Ha! Not a chance." I assume these must mirror jpn prices, but non-whales are much more skittish when you have to put a 20 spot on the line. 10 and I can just forego a Starbucks or two.

Strimei

I'll be honest, I didn't bother to even reroll once.

I just went with what I got.

I did the same, though it helps that my very first roll had Herc and Cu (Lancer) in it, so I was pretty well set.

Won't lie, though, the itch to roll is getting ot me, but seeing as how I blew several tickets in GBF and got jack-all, that helped me control myself (especially as that's with legfes going on in that one, increasing my chances).

Quonny

The more I think about it the more I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with these prices. I mean fallout shelter got about 80 bucks out of me because 10 bucks got me like 19 vault boxes. If it was 5-10 bucks for a 10 roll I'd probably have maxed my card trying for some more 5's. I see that 80 buck price tag though and my good sense is just like "Ha! Not a chance." I assume these must mirror jpn prices, but non-whales are much more skittish when you have to put a 20 spot on the line. 10 and I can just forego a Starbucks or two.
If they really want to appeal to westerners they should put in a "subscription". 1 Quartz a day + 2 Golden Fruit every week for 30 days for $7.99.

Tons of people would bite on that, and there have been interviews that state that these subscription type payments make a good chunk of money for the developers because people see it as a bargain. Plus it keeps people playing because they don't want their money to go to waste.

They don't care about non-whales as long as the f2p content is enough to keep them trucking along. It's the people who will happily blow 500+ for a shot at Gilgamesh that DW and Type Moon are aiming for.

kayos90

They don't care about non-whales as long as the f2p content is enough to keep them trucking along. It's the people who will happily blow 500+ for a shot at Gilgamesh that DW and Type Moon are aiming for.

This. People will still whale a fuckton.

Hubb

Unfortunately it is just the gacha way. This game is just a little worse than FE:H in terms of pricing, though FE:H has better rates. The only gacha game I have ever spent money on was a game that offered a "subscription" for $5 that would give me a little premium currency everyday for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days I would have a little more currency than I needed for a full pull (equivalent to a 30 pull here). $5 for me is easy to put down for a game I really enjoy.

This style of game has been out long enough that I am sure enough business people have sat down and figured out what "should" be the best pricing model. Popular games will thrive with prices like these, but it sucks for people like us who don't want to throw down $80.

Dunno if this was already mentioned, but for Android players I recommend the Google Opinion Rewards app. Turn on location, it'll occasional send you surveys, answer and you'll get Google Play store credit (which works for buying quartz, did it myself).

It's not quick, it'll only pay you cents at a time, but trust me it will build up.

kayos90

Unfortunately it is just the gacha way. This game is just a little worse than FE:H in terms of pricing, though FE:H has better rates. The only gacha game I have ever spent money on was a game that offered a "subscription" for $5 that would give me a little premium currency everyday for 30 days. At the end of the 30 days I would have a little more currency than I needed for a full pull (equivalent to a 30 pull here). $5 for me is easy to put down for a game I really enjoy.

This style of game has been out long enough that I am sure enough business people have sat down and figured out what "should" be the best pricing model. Popular games will thrive with prices like these, but it sucks for people like us who don't want to throw down $80.

80 dollars? lmao. Good luck. You're going to need to plop down around 150-300 dollars for an SSR and that's IF you get lucky and get the SSR you want on a rate up.

Hubb

80 dollars? lmao. Good luck. You're going to need to plop down around 150-300 dollars for an SSR and that's IF you get lucky and get the SSR you want on a rate up.

I'm not talking about only have to spend $80, this isn't my first gacha game. I'd actually respect the pricing model more if you only have to spend $80 to skip gacha and get the thing you want. $80 is just the highest tier of in game currency for both FE:H and FGO. I'm not willing to throw down $80 to get that amount, and only dropping $12 here and there you lose out on a lot of "free" Quartz.

kayos90

I'm not talking about only have to spend $80, this isn't my first gacha game. I'd actually respect the pricing model more if you only have to spend $80 to skip gacha and get the thing you want. $80 is just the highest tier of in game currency for both FE:H and FGO. I'm not willing to throw down $80 to get that amount, and only dropping $12 here and there you lose out on a lot of "free" Quartz.

Ah. I see where you're coming from.

I don't even have a saber, archer, rider or assassin in this new account. (Lily doesn't count)

Even with no 5*s next event, whatever I get will be filling out my lineup. Nothing is wasted and disappointment is minimized.

Strimei

I don't even have a saber, archer, rider or assassin in this new account. (Lily doesn't count)

Even with no 5*s next event, whatever I get will be filling out my lineup. Nothing is wasted and disappointment is minimized.

Don't forget your free daily friend point 10-draw. While it obviously can't give you more than 3-star, it can help fill out things a bit all the same.

Hubb

Damn, these start dash bonuses are so good. I'm already at 64 quartz.

I hope it does well for Aniplex so they can keep being generous. My biggest fear for the game is it being shut down in 6ish months because it doesn't reach a big enough audience. That, or too many people that would play it/spend money are just going to keep their JP account.

It needs more downloads on the Googleplay store.

So wait, we just get the start dash bonus once after 7 consecutive days, right? We don't keep getting it every 7 straight days?

Yeah start dash is just 7 days. It also gives you 2 extra for completing the tutorial and 10 for beating the prologue.

Don't forget your free daily friend point 10-draw. While it obviously can't give you more than 3-star, it can help fill out things a bit all the same.

Yeah, I'm doing the free ones.

But it feels good having an uncluttered inventory, too. Before, it was filling up with cards to burn, cards to feed to other cards and weird stuff like NP5 Asterios.

I hope it does well for Aniplex so they can keep being generous. My biggest fear for the game is it being shut down in 6ish months because it doesn't reach a big enough audience. That, or too many people that would play it/spend money are just going to keep their JP account.

It needs more downloads on the Googleplay store.

It's consistently one of the top-grossing mobile games in Japan for over 2 years now. The marginal cost of running the English version is basically a few translators and some servers. It barely needs to make any money to remain operational, which is probably why there is a Traditional Chinese version since the situation is very similar there. You only need a few whales to keep a low-cost game afloat, especially when it's a translated version of something that literally prints money in Japan. The first year of JP FayGO, they were grossing over a million dollars equivalent in yen every day.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If i have tamamo cat and Lancelot as berserkers, does it still make sense to get herk as the free 4*? I know Herk is best berserker but I don't know if I need 3 of them.

Caim

Currently at 100 quartz.

Will do just one multi + a ticket or two when Gil comes out and then resume saving for Okita.

kayos90

If i have tamamo cat and Lancelot as berserkers, does it still make sense to get herk as the free 4*? I know Herk is best berserker but I don't know if I need 3 of them.

They fulfill different niches. Herc is better for single target. Lancelot is for AOE NP. It all depends.

Khezu

I think I'll settle for Fat Saber for now.

I hear he is actually pretty good, similar to other strong 3 star servants.

vareon

Is there any page that tells you the login rewards? The list on this page seems different. (We won't get Quartz everyday, right?)

It's consistently one of the top-grossing mobile games in Japan for over 2 years now. The marginal cost of running the English version is basically a few translators and some servers. It barely needs to make any money to remain operational, which is probably why there is a Traditional Chinese version since the situation is very similar there. You only need a few whales to keep a low-cost game afloat, especially when it's a translated version of something that literally prints money in Japan. The first year of JP FayGO, they were grossing over a million dollars equivalent in yen every day.

Monster Strike is the top grossing Japanese mobile game and the international version still got shut down due to mismanagement. I don't think we can just take that FGO International will last forever for granted.

Hubb

I hear you, but I'd like the game to do better than barely keeping the lights on. I'd hope that the better the game does for Aniplex the more vested they'll be in keeping it alive and keeping the players interested.

chrono01

F/GO has waifu (or husbando, if you're into that soft of thing), that's all you need. That, along with it being a popular IP, I think the game will do fine. ;)

The first time I'll spend money is when they do a guaranteed gatcha. Hopefully that won't take too long, though I'm not sure how often that comes in Japan. Only special occasions, right?

Shinypogs

They fulfill different niches. Herc is better for single target. Lancelot is for AOE NP. It all depends.

I don't have lanceot but I do have tamamo cat and was planning to get Herc when we get our free choice 4*. I figure if nothing else he can replace Tamamo when/ if she falls off. Currently she's just punching the shit out of everything and giving zero fucks. I like her catnap even with the self stun, I usually just give her evade/ invulnerability for at least one turn of that and she's fine to take a hit if need be the next round.

I'm also currently using archer Emiya and Mash so sometimes my entire front line is under evade/ invulnerability which is hilarious as the enemy struggles in vain to attack us

I need more exp items for archers and Berserkers, that and waiting for stamina to refill is all that's slowing me down currently.

Hubb

F/GO has waifu (or husbando, if you're into that soft of thing), that's all you need. That, along with it being a popular IP, I think the game will do fine. ;)

The first time I'll spend money is when they do a guaranteed gatcha. Hopefully that won't take too long, though I'm not sure how often that comes in Japan. Only special occasions, right?

If only, plenty of games try to go that route and fail.

Is there any page that tells you the login rewards? The list on this page seems different. (We won't get Quartz everyday, right?)

We get 1 quartz a day between 6/26-7/03 as a login reward. On top of that we also get the start dash bonus quartz. I don't know what the login rewards are going to be after 7/03. Though that page does look like what we got (minus the extra 1 quartz). The only difference is we got proof of hero instead of Chains of the Fool.

Right now the game does not demand elaborate party setups and synergies so much as it demands having berserkers punch the hell out of everything. Just pick the right support to keep them alive.

This might change with future levels? I haven't looked into it.

I've been getting quartz every day. Just hit day 7 and got a summon ticket along with some quartz.

Used the ticket and got a cockroach Lancer Cu. I'm kind of liking my luck on rolls.

EDIT: Shit 10x quartz roll, I take that back.

Grazzt

Iskandar is the best husbando

Articalys

So, how often do the available summoning pools get changed up? I'm itching to use the couple tickets I have, but I also kind of want to wait until there's a few more servants available...

I've been meaning to ask, but how exactly does "The Beginning of the Journey" work?

Do you have to put it on the Servant that your friends use as support to get the bonus? Or can it be on any Servant? Does it even do anything when placed on a Servant in your actual battle party?

kayos90

So, how often do the available summoning pools get changed up? I'm itching to use the couple tickets I have, but I also kind of want to wait until there's a few more servants available...

Every two weeks to a month. And the summoning pools don't necessarily change but moreso the fact that limited servants get added and then go away. There are more limited SSRs than not iirc.

Zanzura

I've been meaning to ask, but how exactly does "The Beginning of the Journey" work?

Do you have to put it on the Servant that your friends use as support to get the bonus? Or can it be on any Servant? Does it even do anything when placed on a Servant in your actual battle party?

If a Support has it, you'll get +75 from them. If one member of your team has it, it's active on any Support you use, including the Guest Servants that appear during some Story Quests who give 200 FP. Having it equipped in your party is the only way to get +75 for those Guest Servants. It does not stack with itself.

EDIT: Forgot to address one more thing, It does not apply to an entire Support cast, you must use the Support equipped with it to get +75.

If a Support has it, you'll get +75 from them. If one member of your team has it, it's active on any Support you use, including the Guest Servants that appear during some Story Quests who give 200 FP. Having it equipped in your party is the only way to get +75 for those Guest Servants. It does not stack with itself.

EDIT: Forgot to address one more thing, It does not apply to an entire Support cast, you must use the Support equipped with it to get +75.

I think the question is how the owner of the Support can get the +75.

I've received 95 friend points a couple times today, so clearly sometimes the owner gets +10 and sometimes +75 +10.

I assume this is why some people stick Beginning of the Journey on their level 70 servants in Support.

Every two weeks to a month. And the summoning pools don't necessarily change but moreso the fact that limited servants get added and then go away. There are more limited SSRs than not iirc.

So limited time servants are not going into the pool like in FEH?

Are there alternative ways of leveling their NP then ?

Speaking about supports I've leveled my Altria to 45 and my Mash to 30. I've put Altria on main slot which leaves me without any saber in saber slot.

Should I put mash on main slot with that item giving 75 pts and put Altria with Kaleidoscope in Saber slot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom