• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Doesn't seem that bad so far, but I don't know how high the cost gets at like level 70 or whatever. Getting QP doesn't seem to be an issue at all, as a 40 AP treasure vault run gives you ~900k.
Yeah, I guess that's true. Seems like once you hit high level you'll be rolling in QP.
The leveling is also a bit of like gacha in ways because the leveling sprees give you a higher likely chance to run in to super success sprees
I guess... I mean, I was hoping to level up my characters along with the story rec. levels to maintain some semblance of a challenge instead of bringing level 30+ Jeanne and Herc into a rec. level 15 map and annihilating everything.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah, I guess that's true. Seems like once you hit high level you'll be rolling in QP.

I guess... I mean, I was hoping to level up my characters along with the story rec. levels to maintain some semblance of a challenge instead of bringing level 30+ Jeanne and Herc into a rec. level 15 map and annihilating everything.

You're going to feel taht way for a while. Until you hit Camelot.

Deadly

The leveling is also a bit of like gacha in ways because the leveling sprees give you a higher likely chance to run in to super success sprees
Wait what can you explain how the super success works? I figured it would just be 100% rng but we can somehow affect it?

Aaaand it's over? ...I hate myself. Seiba spoke, Heaven's Feel trailer, 20 free Saint Quartz as I type this.

Edit: This moderator, man.
You hate yourself? I braved linecon just to get a seat for this (already half populated since the staff want kicking anyone out from the panel before) just to experience this whole pile of nothing live

Caim

IZkLiKG.jpg

Gilgamesh coming soon?

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6kqfon/gilgamesh_coming_soon_to_na_fgo/

Hubb

...And, i could be wrong, but we did not even get info about the free 4* servant.

Pretty sure earlier they said they were "fuzzy" on when we were getting the free 4*. Eng side must have no idea and they are waiting for the go ahead or something.

Zanzura

...And, i could be wrong, but we did not even get info about the free 4* servant.

There wasn't much info about anything. This twitter thread I found on the reddit thread was far more informative: https://twitter.com/Kagu_nyas/status/881228226923646976

So they're updating the translation and getting more resources. 3 people, ouch.

What are the interlude missions? Are they considered end-game like the Shadow Berserker in Fuyuki? Or are they very doable?

I've done 1 so far and it seems to me they're basically side-stories to give you some background info on your servant. Some of them also lead to an upgrade to their Noble Phantasm or Skill. AFAIK the 1st one for every servant gives you a Saint Quartz.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
After checking how long it could be until a limited servant returns (e.g. around 1.5 years for Okita if you're a F2P player), I feel like making a second account for more chances.

elty

Is there a way to play this on multiple device? I usually have three that I use.

Also, if I set a lv1 Mash as Shield support and a lv 37 Waver as caster support, what do people see on the friend list?

chrono01

Hmm, I wonder if Gilgamesh will be released during the launch campaign. Imagine getting a chance at two multi-pulls, a pick-your-own 4* Servant, during a time when Gilgamesh is available. Waver + Gilgamesh account? Oh man...

You hate yourself? I braved linecon just to get a seat for this (already half populated since the staff want kicking anyone out from the panel before) just to experience this whole pile of nothing live

Well the good news is that you're at AX and so you probably have one of those cool lanyards

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...is_the_lanyard_that_is_given_with_anime_expo/

Is there a way to play this on multiple device? I usually have three that I use.

Also, if I set a lv1 Mash as Shield support and a lv 37 Waver as caster support, what do people see on the friend list?

The description of how this works is badly mangled in translation. What people see as your main support is the Servant in the farthest left "All" slot.

chrono01

So we finally get the Caster ascension daily! Two runs of the 30AP dungeon, and I have...

...One Caster piece. I need 12 of them.

Ouch.

Zanzura

Actually one good thing about going to this panel is that I got this nice fgo art piece with Ms. Kawasumi's signature

At least you got some swag, the people watching the stream just get to facepalm the entire thing.

chrono01

I've been farming Orleans and then 2 runs of daily quest, got none!!! I need 11 more...
I'm looking at the Japanese daily list, and apparently they have class specific events, where the ONLY drops apply to the Servant you're going after. As it is now, the daily for us (that drops Caster pieces) are competing with Rider, Assassin and Berserker drops, so yeah...fun times.

Here's hoping they switch over the dailies soon, it would have been nice to have the V2 of them when the game released.

Isn't it a bit early to be farming for a second ascension? Since you still can't get to the third ascension to unlock anyone's third skill.

Isn't it a bit early to be farming for a second ascension? Since you still can't get to the third ascension to unlock anyone's third skill.

Plus I have never seen a single level 80 5* in the support list, and it's clearly not for lack of trying.

If you drop enough gems into AP and are extremely lucky... you could get Jeanne to max Ascension since she only needs pieces and monuments, not that i think anyone is crazy enough to do that.

Events? Are there specific Caster ones I don't know about? That'd be nice, if so.

There aren't really any specific caster events. There are caster dailies though, in JP version.

What he meant by "waiting for events" is that events have their special shops, where you can trade currency earned during event for rewards, which are usually ascention resources, from specifics ones to pieces and monuments. That's how most upgrade materials in this game are earned. Not through grinding enemy drops, but through stockpiling them by grinding event drops and buying everything available in the event shop before event is over.

There isn't even any reason to ascend anybody because there isn't anything resembling hard content yet.

Someone will probably race to max ascend Jeanne anyways, because that's just whales doing whale things.

chrono01

I know it's not needed, just kind of want to get it out of the way, haha.

But yeah, I'll probably spend my stamina on the story instead since I don't have that finished yet, and wait to see if they release the better version(s) of the daily quest.

There aren't really any specific caster events. There are caster dailies though, in JP version.

What he meant by "waiting for events" is that events have their special shops, where you can trade currency earned during event for rewards, which are usually ascention resources, from specifics ones to pieces and monuments. That's how most upgrade materials in this game are earned. Not through grinding enemy drops, but through stockpiling them by grinding event drops and buying everything available in the event shop before event is over.
Wow, didn't know that. Thanks!

I'll just leave it as is then, and spend my stamina elsewhere. Not worth the stamina loss, especially since I have other stuff to finish right now. Maybe if I had nothing else to do I could grind the dailies, but since I do I feel it'd be better spent there.

There isn't even any reason to ascend anybody because there isn't anything resembling hard content yet.

Someone will probably race to max ascend Jeanne anyways, because that's just whales doing whale things.

Well... putting up your ascended Waver for support to get free friend points doesn't seem like a bad reason.

But man, Jeanne's third skill seems really underwhelming for how many monuments you have to burn for it.

Strimei

I don't know why they have this guy as the host of their social media Fate events/livestreams. He also does the weekly livestream stuff. He's really awkward.

So the guy they had host was Aniplex's usual guy then? Yeah no surprise it was bad then, that guy...oof.

Also thanks for that twitter thread, some good info in there. Though I honestly have come to kind of like "Flame Contaminated City" for some reason.

Grazzt

Good to know, thanks. Guess I'll just finish the story first. Can't exchange summon tickets anymore, and don't have any servant I want to train, so daily quest is meaningless to me it seems.

4x Summon Tickets redeemed:

- 2 False Attendant Writing
- 1 Boudeca
- 1 Gilles de Raise (Saber)

The last ticket better be worth a 4* at least, Nasuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

I've always known that the rate for 5* is 1%, but for some reason I never knew the rate for 4* is only 3%. I always assumed it was higher lol.

As much as I want to do a roll after I finish Septem just the hell of it, I think I'll just hold onto my quartz. All my CE are trash but quartz is too precious a commodity and there's no content I can't clear right now at launch stage of the game because Altera just overpowers everything with the exception of really angry Archer Hands of Dawn.

jonjonaug

I have a premier pass so I walked in, got the promo art thing, then went to the Yuri on Ice panel instead. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

xequalsy

Team Iskandar represent! I am allowing myself to spend summon tickets I guess but every single quartz I get is going towards his banner.

You guys are going to guilt me into saving for him too instead of spending mine in hopes of GIlgamesh. Damn, if only he wasn't so far away.

Kenai

You guys are going to guilt me into saving for him too instead of spending mine in hopes of GIlgamesh. Damn, if only he wasn't so far away.

The sad thing is I am so jaded about broken dreams from other gachas even with my insane luck on this one so far I am worried I will walk away empty handed despite a saint quart mountain I plan on having to barter. Rngesus feeds on dreams after all.

KMRiku

Neo Member
People only will know the true QP hell when they start leveling servant skills. To go from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10 skill lvl for a SSR servant, you need 163,200,000 QP.

Shinypogs

People only will know the true QP hell when they start leveling servant skills. To go from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10 skill lvl for a SSR servant, you need 163,200,000 QP.

Granblue has prepared me for the grind, FE heroes has prepared me for the salt of spening a tonne of currency and getting less than garbage.

Zanzura

If I start right now, would I get the 20 free currency? How long would I have to play to get it if so?

That's being given tomorrow, where I assume they'll send it to everyone's present box so as long as you have an account or have a satisfactory reroll by then, you'll get it.

EDIT: As for when exactly time-wise, no idea. It could be when the daily resets which is 8pm EST, or when the login reward kicks in which is 12am EST.

xequalsy

The sad thing is I am so jaded about broken dreams from other gachas even with my insane luck on this one so far I am worried I will walk away empty handed despite a saint quart mountain I plan on having to barter. Rngesus feeds on dreams after all.
I will be a mountain of salt when his banner comes I assure you. :(

Sad because I also really want Arthur Proto and Merlin but that's not happening either lol

I wonder when Gil is coming. On one hand I invested quite a bit of time into my current account and already max leveled Altera Martha and Marie. On the other hand, Gil is probably cooler than all of them combined since I only watched the anime and have no idea where the 3 of them came from (Marie just appeared in the Orleans storyline though)

Would probably reroll if he appears in like the next 2 weeks, really tempting to get him + Herc

chrono01

I like Waver, but damn I might be tempted to re-roll for Gilgamesh if he's released in the launch period. :/

I can't see myself giving up all of the launch SQ, as well as 4* Servant pick for him, though. I honestly didn't expect him to be released so soon, but then "Coming Soon" could mean the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom