• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voror

Yeah, Azusa posted the current farming maps for the free missions a while back. It was just that the first 5 pieces can be acquired just by playing the story. Those pieces are acquired before reaching Thiers. I'm assuming the story mission drops are fixed.

Oh, that's good to hear as I'm still going through there. I'll have to see if I get all I need just progressing then.

People who want best girl Seibah Alter should probably wait for a rate up banner​.

I mean, I managed to get her (and regular Saber) on my second 10 roll, but I guess it ultimately is a matter of the RNG showing mercy.

I have none of the good 2 star Servants. Shakespeare is okay I guess, but Caligula is terrible.

Hans, George, Hassan. where are you???

Spam those FP rolls!
I've been trying to get Cu Classic but all I've gotten is 3 copies of Proto Cu :|

yeah I was looking through the list of people with Taunt and George is the only realistic option for me. I actually got 3 of him in one friend point summon, somehow. Problem is I used all my Rider exp cards and ascension stuff getting Medusa to 40, I regret nothing because Yuu Asakawa.

I had 3 berserker pieces and was hoping to ascend Vlad, but I cleared the daily 4 times and only got 1 berserker piece...god dammit. I've made some headway on the story but haven't gotten enough pieces from there either. And now I'm out of AP, I'm in an awkward spot where I'll need 120-ish AP to level off the 30AP daily.

Will be back at 3 command seals after reset today though so I can power through the 40AP one with those. Vlad is much stronger than last time as well, even if I can't get him ascended by tonight. Tamamo Cat might get benched as she dies too easily, but that NP helps a lot if I can get it to go off.

I got tired of Tamamo CAT being instantly blasted off the arena on the first turn when 2 or even all 3 Hands of Dawn focus fired her and demoted her to my back line. Now it's Altera, Nyatalanta, and Waver/Jeanne support for my front 3.

Is Proto Cu any good?
He looks kinda cool.

I have both, but it seems like all anyone talks about is classic, so I assume that is better.

Proto actually edges Classic out in damage but people want Classic because he's a cockroach when he has all 3 of his skills. He and Jeanne in a party together could survive a direct 500 megaton nuclear explosion above their heads.

Just don't get him into a drag car. That's instant death.

Dandte

Proto actually edges Classic out in damage but people want Classic because he's a cockroach when he has all 3 of his skills. He and Jeanne in a party together could survive a direct 500 megaton nuclear explosion above their heads.

Just don't get him into a drag car. That's instant death.
dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

I know there is serious content in this lines...but what? FateFans are amazing.

Kaname

Tried to two 10x rolls to see if I was lucky again and ended up getting all doubles of shitty servants and a 5* Heaven's Feel :(

Just found out Fate/Apocrypha has aired. Jeanne and Waver!

Netflix Japan can eat a fat dick. No official subs outside of Japan for at least 6+ months.

We're going to have to rely on fansubs for this one, that's not something which has happened for years on most highly anticipated shows. :|

Carnival Phantasm in particular is extra hilarious now because Lancer keeps getting killed in increasingly humiliating ways in that series.

Enter F/GO where Lancer's big claim to fame is being absolutely unkillable and clutching the fuck out of the tough fights.

I got tired of Tamamo CAT being instantly blasted off the arena on the first turn when 2 or even all 3 Hands of Dawn focus fired her and demoted her to my back line. Now it's Altera, Nyatalanta, and Waver/Jeanne support for my front 3.

The 40 AP grind never gets any better with Cat, huh?

Sadly I don't have a single 4* or 5* saber and every other class just deals intolerably low damage.

Tamamo Cat is my Kaleidoscope user for the reasons above.

I basically use her to clear out the first/second wave so that the rest have a better chance.

Blue-kun

This game is dangerous, every new chapter that I start I end up falling for another Saberface and then I want them too. Oh my god.

Nero is a blast and I'm having tons of fun in Septem, to the point where I now also would love to have her. The issue here is that right now I think my top want characters are all Saberfaces, lol. Alter, Nero...

At least I already have Altria, team Saberface, yeaaaah. Though I suppose that wouldn't work too well. I'll have to look into team building later on when I have actual options to figure out the best way to balance things out. Right now I'm just abusing friends' Berserkers with my own TamaCat and Altria and spamming Busters like there's no tomorrow.

Sciel

This is my current "team" lol

Currently grinding out the 20AP daily for exp (can i even do the 30AP O_O).

Mainly using Jeanne + Lu Bu since i don't have Hercules. Lu Bu seems kinda good, hits like a truck lol.

Really wish i could pull a Cu Lancer from FP pulls though.

Hubb

This is my current "team" lol

Currently grinding out the 20AP daily for exp (can i even do the 30AP O_O).

Mainly using Jeanne + Lu Bu since i don't have Hercules. Lu Bu seems kinda good, hits like a truck lol.

Really wish i could pull a Cu Lancer from FP pulls though.

With a really good 60 Support you can do 30AP daily. The only issue with today's dailies is that you don't know exactly what servants will show up. If you have a 60+ saber on your friend's list you could try using them since you already have Jeanne.

Of the 46 gems you get to do pulls is the general consensus to use them all right away since there's no 10x pull bonus if i got a decent character in my first 10 already?

Hubb

Of the 46 gems you get to do pulls is the general consensus to use them all right away since there's no 10x pull bonus if i got a decent character in my first 10 already?

If you already have a decent character you might as well save your quartz for a rate up.

Kaname

So, what should I look at when deciding why a Servant is better than another? Like are all 4* better than lower star of the same class or some suck massively even despite that. I looked at the stats but don't know what should have priority etc.

T-Rex.

Banned
Mine's level 40 and I actually have the mats to ascend him too. He's fuckin terrible but he's my only 4*

....I never use him though because Jeanne + Waver
I don't want to waste anything on him so he's left to rot! Although now that Apocrypha's airing he might get a buff at some point.

Caim

Are all of the free servants from events going to be as weak as Saber Lily?

4* Ryougi Shiki assassin from the KnK event is pretty good and also has a very high instant kill rate.

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception ignores invincibility, she also has a dodge skill similar to Okita, and a NP charge skill at the cost of some HP.

Saber Lily in general is just not that great.

So, what should I look at when deciding why a Servant is better than another? Like are all 4* better than lower star of the same class or some suck massively even despite that. I looked at the stats but don't know what should have priority etc.

Any of the following is a potential sign of a good servant:
- Has a Noble Phantasm that deals a lot of damage.
- Has an NP that's reasonably good as well as arts cards and/or NP boosting skills.
- Has Divinity.
- Has Charisma.
- Has any other buff that works on other party members.
- Has 3x buster cards and Madness Enhancement.
- Has 3x arts cards and Territory Creation.
- Has 3x quick cards and Riding Skill.
- Has Independent Action in addition to some of the above (but this takes some work to get to be useful).

But above all you also need to use the servant for yourself to see how well the servant performs compared to others.

Khezu

No, not really. Most freebies are very solid, few are kinda bleh, some are absurdly amazing, like Kuro. She's consistently at the top of 4* tier lists.

Man I really want Kuro already.

Her, Bob, and Emiya Assassin.

There may be a theme for the characters I like.. hmm.

Rarity is by no means a decider in whether a Servant is good. Cu is a 3* but still a great Servant while, for example, the newest 5* introduced in the JPN version is bad.

Really bad.

Really really unbelievably bad.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Do I have to do anything special after bond level 5 to keep increasing it or does it just take a ton of points? Got a servant to bond level 5 and it doesn't seem to have gone up since.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yeah, Azusa posted the current farming maps for the free missions a while back. It was just that the first 5 pieces can be acquired just by playing the story. Those pieces are acquired before reaching Thiers. I'm assuming the story mission drops are fixed.

Do they only drop one time? Currently at Fuyuki X-E and after getting one piece it's been hell getting another to drop. I figured the drop rates would be low but damn!

Well guys, that was definitely Fate/Apocrypha.

See, A-1 Pictures can do it when they try!

I'm not so sure about that OP song though. Maybe it will grow on me.

Man I really want Kuro already.

Her, Bob, and Emiya Assassin.

There may be a theme for the characters I like.. hmm.

Kuro is from the Prillya event and that only happened not that long ago in Japan. So you have some waiting to do still.

Do they only drop one time? Currently at Fuyuki X-E and after getting one piece it's been hell getting another to drop. I figured the drop rates would be low but damn!

Trying to farm ascension mats from the story missions?

That's hell you're walking into. Literally.

Most people wait for the events to get mass quantities of ascension mats and ascend their Servants. Until then, it's not like there's a lot of hard content to do right now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Trying to farm ascension mats from the story missions?

That's hell you're walking into. Literally.

Most people wait for the events to get mass quantities of ascension mats and ascend their Servants. Until then, it's not like there's a lot of hard content to do right now.

Guess I'll just continue through the main story until the event then. Thanks.

Man, with Okeanos locked behind a future update, I'm juggling slowly doing Free Missions for Quartz and redoing 30AP training missions.

I've not spent my quartz yet after the first mandatory roll, and I'm using single friend rolls whenever I'm 200 over 30k friend points to sate the gacha lust, but... Man...

Was that stuff about 20 free Quartz and Gil incoming from last night's FGO AX panel for real?

Caim

Man, with Okeanos locked behind a future update, I'm juggling slowly doing Free Missions for Quartz and redoing 30AP training missions.

I've not spent my quartz yet after the first mandatory roll, and I'm using single friend rolls whenever I'm 200 over 30k friend points to sate the gacha lust, but... Man...

Was that stuff about 20 free Quartz and Gil incoming from last night's FGO AX panel for real?

Yeah but I don't think there is a date for anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom