• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanzura

I think the question is how the owner of the Support can get the +75.

I've received 95 friend points a couple times today, so clearly sometimes the owner gets +10 and sometimes +75 +10.

I assume this is why some people stick Beginning of the Journey on their level 70 servants in Support.

According to this, it looks like there's some merit to equipping it on your Support as the owner also receives the +75 if I'm reading that correctly. I guess it's a good idea to do so if you don't have something like a Kaleidoscope to use and the Servant's NP isn't needed early (anything that isn't damage dealing probably). Hm, I think I'll put it on my Waver as he already builds NP pretty fast and you rarely need it in the early phases of battle.

Caim

Somehow ended up with more Caster Monuments than Pieces farming this daily lol.

7 more and I can ascend Waver again.

So limited time servants are not going into the pool like in FEH?

Are there alternative ways of leveling their NP then ?

Speaking about supports I've leveled my Altria to 45 and my Mash to 30. I've put Altria on main slot which leaves me without any saber in saber slot.

Should I put mash on main slot with that item giving 75 pts and put Altria with Kaleidoscope in Saber slot ?

First question: of course not. You have to get all 5 copies during the limited event.

Second question: Mash in the All slot just makes everyone scroll past you in the list. Put your most elusive stuff in your All slot.

Most used servant by friends: Heracles

Poor Artoria. :(

I have found that even though I haven't ascended my Heracles yet, he still out damage my lvl 50+ 5* helpers. He just does so much damage and if you have other servants throwing up evades and other defensive shields up, he can just take out threats even on 40AP missions before they can act. His NP doing 40k+ damage alone means he can kill a lot those last shadow servants in a decent combo.

Doing those dailies Emiya is really annoying if you don't kill him fast. That asshole was popping up constant evades and that is annoying as hell to try to burn through before Heracles gets gibbed, since he is weak to everything. I think I will try out Tamamo Cat once we get that free 4* servant, since she is another berserker. I notice my dps drops pretty bad once Heracles is dead, though Cu Lancer is a freaking survivor, he can survive for turn after turn with his skills even if he is facing sabers.

I got a Zhuge Liang on my first roll. I see that he's a five star but he doesn't look all that intimidating. Should I reroll?

He is pretty damn good, he has great support in helping get other characters NP faster and he has more support skills when he gets ascended. He also seems to be decently strong on his own. Out of all the 5 stars I would want him on my team.

Jeanne, Waver, and Emiya is a pretty lethal line-up for today's 40 daily. Probs the easiest one so far.

I never knew you could check this. How do you do it?

Every time you restart the app it shows this. That said, I'm not sure if it updates in the background if you play continuously. I had a ton of friend points initially, but it tapered off the last few days. Not sure if its because I shifted the friend point bonus off Altera, or if its because most people are going through the story now (and using the provided servants for 275 FP each)

I got a Zhuge Liang on my first roll. I see that he's a five star but he doesn't look all that intimidating. Should I reroll?

I hate people like you who are just preternaturally lucky all the time.

SephiZack, the person whose reply is above mine, rerolled on his stream 181 times before he got Waver. How many hours of rerolling was that anyways?

chrono01

Well, holy shit. I randomly used the summon ticket I got as a login bonus, and it gave me Waver.
What luck, haha. Nicely done!

Only if you hate yourself and don't want (quite possibly) the best support Servant currently in the game (Japan included). :)

Congrats, BTW.

miku

x80Mqxl.png

any fans of mashu wanna be friends?

i dont have op waver...

only jeannu, armpit saber, and basaka cat as support

Kenai

He's considered the best current 5* available and is going to be top tier for years (literally). He won't seem like much at the start but when you get him to 50+ you'll see why people like him so much. He's a support rather than pure DPS but that's pretty valuable.

chrono01

x80Mqxl.png

any fans of mashu wanna be friends?

i dont have op waver...

only jeannu, armpit saber, and basaka cat as support
Don't you disrespect that Jeanne, I've used her numerous times! Plus she's about 100% more beautiful than Waver (why couldn't Waver be a waifu instead?).

��

At least you have a 5* that fits a unique demand ( when fighting survival fights)

All I have are mid-tier 4*s so far. TamaCat that's not even Level 40 ain't in high demand when I can easily find Heracles at 40+ levels.

Sent friend request: Nightengale

i dunno about that, no one on my friend list put her as leader

Well, she fills the defensive niche. At this stage, I feel offensive ability is more sought after in support.

Zafir

I think Jeanne seems massively useful on the more difficult fights. I used her and a friend Jeanne to do the level 40 daily quests earlier than I should have. Just took turns using the NP and took it slow.

Huh. I thought the summoning tickets in the shop were supposed to reset. Lame if we don't get 5 more for July.

We're waiting for a fix from Japan, because right now it says they reset in a year and that's exactly what it means.

On the bright side, another excuse to get free stuff as compensation?

Voror

I have found that even though I haven't ascended my Heracles yet, he still out damage my lvl 50+ 5* helpers. He just does so much damage and if you have other servants throwing up evades and other defensive shields up, he can just take out threats even on 40AP missions before they can act. His NP doing 40k+ damage alone means he can kill a lot those last shadow servants in a decent combo.

Doing those dailies Emiya is really annoying if you don't kill him fast. That asshole was popping up constant evades and that is annoying as hell to try to burn through before Heracles gets gibbed, since he is weak to everything. I think I will try out Tamamo Cat once we get that free 4* servant, since she is another berserker. I notice my dps drops pretty bad once Heracles is dead, though Cu Lancer is a freaking survivor, he can survive for turn after turn with his skills even if he is facing sabers.

Heracles is probably the biggest asset I have right now, though admittedly I don't have too many right now that can be called that. Generally if he gets killed I know I'm going to have a much tougher time. Just saw that there is a Strengthening Quest for Heracles in Orleans. Will that be there permanently or disappear after a while? I'm not sure I'll be able to get my Heracles high enough to ascend anytime soon.

I just wish it were easier to get ahold of exp cards for him as it feels like Berserker ones are the hardest to get. Am I right to think the the Daily quests are the best source of those? I managed to get a ton of Caster and Archer cards yesterday, but only a few Berserker ones. I admit I don't get in general how I'm seeing people with nearly max level servants for Support. I tend to run out of AP so fast doing Dailies. Does the level of the Daily determine how good rewards are? I'm not quite strong enough for the level 40 so I've been doing the 30 ones mainly.

I was surprised by how deadly Emiya was when I ran into him in Dailies. He ended up completely decimating me once he started popping those Evades. I keep hoping I'll get Cu Lancer given how useful he sounds. I'd also have someone to put all these Lancer exp cards onto.

I just wish it were easier to get ahold of exp cards for him as it feels like Berserker ones are the hardest to get. Am I right to think the the Daily quests are the best source of those? I managed to get a ton of Caster and Archer cards yesterday, but only a few Berserker ones.

Yes, daily quests are the only way to level up fast.

Dedicated berserker players have it both easier and harder because there is no dedicated day for berserkers. Instead berserker XP drops every day alongside other classes, but at a much lower rate.

And, yes, try to get to doing level 40 ones ASAP because the 4-star XP cards are just so much better. Bring a high-level Jeanne as support, and get ready to use your command spells if things go south.

Quonny

Heracles is probably the biggest asset I have right now, though admittedly I don't have too many right now that can be called that. Generally if he gets killed I know I'm going to have a much tougher time.

I just wish it were easier to get ahold of exp cards for him as it feels like Berserker ones are the hardest to get. Am I right to think the the Daily quests are the best source of those? I managed to get a ton of Caster and Archer cards yesterday, but only a few Berserker ones. I admit I don't get in general how I'm seeing people with nearly max level servants for Support. I tend to run out of AP so fast doing Dailies. Does the level of the Daily determine how good rewards are? I'm not quite strong enough for the level 40 so I've been doing the 30 ones mainly.

I was surprised by how deadly Emiya was when I ran into him in Dailies. He ended up completely decimating me once he started popping those Evades. I keep hoping I'll get Cu Lancer given how useful he sounds. I'd also have someone to put all these Lancer exp cards onto.
The bonus from matching an EXP card to its class isn't a big deal. You should feel free to use Archer/Saber/whatever EXP cards on your Berserker. I have 20+ servants at max level and over 100 gold cards left over, it's not an issue.

Also, yes, the level 40 daily drops gold EXP cards a grand majority of the time.

Voror

Yes, daily quests are the only way to level up fast.

Dedicated berserker players have it both easier and harder because there is no dedicated day for berserkers. Instead berserker XP drops every day alongside other classes, but at a much lower rate.

And, yes, try to get to doing level 40 ones ASAP because the 4-star XP cards are just so much better. Bring a high-level Jeanne as support, and get ready to use your command spells if things go south.

Those will likely be my focus then along with doing Story missions.

Yeah, I'd been noticing that it seems to appear across several days. It's too bad there isn't a dedicated day with higher rates though.

I've got a friend with a high level Jeanne, though I sometimes feel that I don't quite get how to use her. It seems like her NP is the best aspect so I guess I need to focus on boosting that.

My Mash is still only 18 though I've got Robin Hood and Medea each Ascended once and near max level. Haven't tried Medea yet though Robin has some useful abilities.

I'm still recovering my Command Spells from the level 40 quest in Fuyuki. Problem is that if I bomb the level 40 I'm out all that AP and need to wait forever for it to recover.

The bonus from matching an EXP card to its class isn't a big deal. You should feel free to use Archer/Saber/whatever EXP cards on your Berserker. I have 20+ servants at max level and over 100 gold cards left over, it's not an issue.

Also, yes, the level 40 daily drops gold EXP cards a grand majority of the time.

In that case I suppose I'll start being more free with them. I've been thinking of using some of my Servants I'll never use unless it's considered a good idea to hold onto them all just in case. But wow, that's a lot of gold cards!

Guess I'll need to focus on those then.

Voror

Just did a level 40 for the exp cards and managed to get through. Lot of exp to level up the Master too. Had to use two Command Skills to keep Heracles alive though and just barely made it through. Worth it though since my Heracles is almost max level. Then I just need to get some Berserker figurines to ascend him.

Edit: And Heracles gets killed the first turn the next time I try. This just doesn't seem feasible unless I can level up other Servants really well.

Ala Alba

Edit: And Heracles gets killed the first turn the next time I try. This just doesn't seem feasible unless I can level up other Servants really well.

For everyone else that is having trouble keeping their berserkers alive, if you get St. George from the Friend Point Summon, try using him. His first skill is a three turn taunt and defense up.

At the very least, your Berserker won't die on the first turn.

Edit: Leonidas also has a one turn taunt for his first skill, and his NP is a three turn taunt and defense up.

Don't forget you have master spells (On the right, 3rd icon down). If you don't think you will survive the next turn or just want to prevent damage, just throw it up on Berserker and he will evade everything that one turn. The attack buff from master spells also stacks with his skill buff.

Voror

For everyone else that is having trouble keeping their berserkers alive, if you get St. George from the Friend Point Summon, try using him. His first skill is a three turn taunt and defense up.

At the very least, your Berserker won't die on the first turn.

Edit: Leonidas also has a one turn taunt for his first skill, and his NP is a three turn taunt and defense up.

Oh I actually have him, though he isn't leveled at all. I'll have to try that and look for someone with him too.

I actually managed to get through though only because I decided to spend some Quartz at the very end. Credit to the Support Jeanne, even with the stun her NP managed to get her through once everyone else had been killed.

Don't forget you have master spells (On the right, 3rd icon down). If you don't think you will survive the next turn or just want to prevent damage, just throw it up on Berserker and he will evade everything that one turn. The attack buff from master spells also stacks with his skill buff.

Yeah, I've been using those pretty regularly and they've been life savers at times, especially that Evade one.

Mupod

yeah I was looking through the list of people with Taunt and George is the only realistic option for me. I actually got 3 of him in one friend point summon, somehow. Problem is I used all my Rider exp cards and ascension stuff getting Medusa to 40, I regret nothing because Yuu Asakawa.

I had 3 berserker pieces and was hoping to ascend Vlad, but I cleared the daily 4 times and only got 1 berserker piece...god dammit. I've made some headway on the story but haven't gotten enough pieces from there either. And now I'm out of AP, I'm in an awkward spot where I'll need 120-ish AP to level off the 30AP daily.

Will be back at 3 command seals after reset today though so I can power through the 40AP one with those. Vlad is much stronger than last time as well, even if I can't get him ascended by tonight. Tamamo Cat might get benched as she dies too easily, but that NP helps a lot if I can get it to go off.

I have none of the good 2 star Servants. Shakespeare is okay I guess, but Caligula is terrible.

Hans, George, Hassan. where are you???

Baalzebup

I had 3 berserker pieces and was hoping to ascend Vlad, but I cleared the daily 4 times and only got 1 berserker piece...god dammit. I've made some headway on the story but haven't gotten enough pieces from there either.
You're seemingly at the exact same situation I was in about a day ago. I had 3 berserker pieces and was waiting to get two more to Ascend Vlad. You'll get them eventually if you just proceed with the Orleans chapter. I think I got the missing pieces in the 5th area or something like that.

OT: Altera lv 60, Vlad lv 60, Carmilla lv 50, Marie lv 50. Yeah, it really is high time I got Orleans cleared :p

Voror

You're seemingly at the exact same situation I was in about a day ago. I had 3 berserker pieces and was waiting to get two more to Ascend Vlad. You'll get them eventually if you just proceed with the Orleans chapter. I think I got the missing pieces in the 5th area or something like that.

OT: Altera lv 60, Vlad lv 60, Carmilla lv 50, Marie lv 50. Yeah, it really is high time I got Orleans cleared :p

There's an area for farming them in the Thiers area of Orleans apparently. Haven't gotten there yet to test it though. Need three more so I can ascend my Heracles.

For monuments and void dust is it better to farm the event daily for it or just one of the story free quest missions?

I need just 3 more void dust and 7 more caster monument for Waver's 2nd ascension.

Baalzebup

There's an area for farming them in the Thiers area of Orleans apparently. Haven't gotten there yet to test it though. Need three more so I can ascend my Heracles.
Yeah, Azusa posted the current farming maps for the free missions a while back. It was just that the first 5 pieces can be acquired just by playing the story. Those pieces are acquired before reaching Thiers. I'm assuming the story mission drops are fixed.

Caim

For monuments and void dust is it better to farm the event daily for it or just one of the story free quest missions?

I need just 3 more void dust and 7 more caster monument for Waver's 2nd ascension.

The daily since the servants can drop pieces, monuments, or void dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom