• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Realtalk. No one is as beautiful as Waver. Don't even try to disrespect my Husbando.
Sorry, meant no disrespect! Waver would be a great husbando, but I only want waifu. He does have great/flowing hair though, that I will admit. Also, style. Amazing style. That finger snap explosion!

*Sees a Golden Saber Card*

YES YES YES. SABER ALTER!!

*Gets D'eon*

FUCK YOU GAME!
:(

If I got Waver on my first 10-summons pull, should I keep spending my quartz or should I save for future events?
Save for limited-time heroes, IMO.

Deadly

Man, with Okeanos locked behind a future update, I'm juggling slowly doing Free Missions for Quartz and redoing 30AP training missions.

I've not spent my quartz yet after the first mandatory roll, and I'm using single friend rolls whenever I'm 200 over 30k friend points to sate the gacha lust, but... Man...

Was that stuff about 20 free Quartz and Gil incoming from last night's FGO AX panel for real?
The 20 free quartz is coming tonight at 9PM probably PST. People on the Aniplex panel said so earlier

T-Rex.

Banned
Hmm, with the 20 free quartz I might just do a 30 roll for the sake of it in the hopes of getting UMU. After that I will definitely save my quartz for the Scatach/Drake month, assuming it follows the same calendar as Japan

When people say rate-up event - is it going to be increased chance of getting 5* or increased chance of getting certain servant ?
The latter. It'll still be around a 1% chance of getting a 5* servant, it's just that if you do get one it'll be more likely to be one of the rate-up servants.

Mupod

When people say rate-up event - is it going to be increased chance of getting 5* or increased chance of getting certain servant ?

the latter. The chance of getting a 5* remains the same but it is much more likely to get that specific one. I've heard 75% thrown around.

What's most interesting (or not) about the Fate multiverse is that Waver becomes Lord El-Melloi II in every timeline even when the events in that timeline do not even have a Fourth Holy Grail War.

Waver is like the only character who is destined to exist in every timeline and always have the same personal history too.

Mupod

What's most interesting (or not) about the Fate multiverse is that Waver becomes Lord El-Melloi II in every timeline even when the events in that timeline do not even have a Fourth Holy Grail War.

Waver is like the only character who is destined to exist in every timeline and always have the same personal history too.

I was just thinking about this, I'm guessing we both just watched Apocrypha, lol.

I contemplated rerolling for him just because this old quote is so good, but I'm cool with uncle Vlad.

The custodian (sponsor) of Rin after she went to study in London. The condition being "I will not give you one ounce of instruction. Eh well, I will at least send letters of recommendation to the other departments".
He really hates Japan and Japanese, but his sole pleasures are Japanese games. A petit bourgeois that you really can't hate.
And so, while being internally excited, he tried to bring this up to the complete game dunce Rin,
"Maybe you might..... You know, you should be familiar with that town. That place right between Ueno and Asakusa...."
Only to be given an instant answer from Rin that not only did she have no interest in Akihabara, but she had no interest in even Nihonbashi.
And so he got pissed off instead.
"Fuck! You're the worst Japanese in the world."

Shinypogs

How far will berserker spam take me before I need to start rolling for more people. Also does archer emiya have like a hidden crit stat or something because even when his additional crit chance is low and e seems to throw them out on the regular. I'm not complaining I just wasn't expecting this. Also I have no idea why an archer class unit attacks with a bow only a 3rd of the time. I'm assuming there's a more thing I'm missing having never delved I to this universe before?

Khezu

Waver is fun just because of how terrible of a Mage he is, but in contrast an amazing teacher.

Shame they don't do a whole lot with it.

Did they keep making Waver novels?

I was just thinking about this, I'm guessing we both just watched Apocrypha, lol.

I contemplated rerolling for him just because this old quote is so good, but I'm cool with uncle Vlad.

He also has a cameo appearance in Prisma Illya where he is seen assigning Rin and Luvia their mission to collect the Class Cards in Japan. So in that timeline, which also didn't have a Fourth Holy Grail War, he is still Lord El-Melloi II.

Umbooki

I'd fight a number of people if it meant we got more Nasuverse reps in the game. Characters like Roa, Tohno Shiki, and Kishima Kouma would be A-okay.

In other words, I want more Tsukihime love, even if they're a little underpowered compared to most of the servants.

I also want to break the universe with the Ryougi Shiki/Tohno Shiki tandem

Articalys

Got buried last night, reasking: Is it just me, or are some of the dialogue decision points broken? Not like it really matters gameplay wise, but I swear there's some where you get the same response no matter which option you pick, when it seems like they should lead to much different immediate dialogue.

Strimei

I'd fight a number of people if it meant we got more Nasuverse reps in the game. Characters like Roa, Tohno Shiki, and Kishima Kouma would be A-okay.

In other words, I want more Tsukihime love, even if they're a little underpowered compared to most of the servants.

I also want to break the universe with the Ryougi Shiki/Tohno Shiki tandem

Just gotta wait for the Tsukihime remake to come out and then there'll be a crossover, I'm sure.

In other words, it is never going to happen.

Isn't it sad, Sacchin?

Hubb

Got buried last night, reasking: Is it just me, or are some of the dialogue decision points broken? Not like it really matters gameplay wise, but I swear there's some where you get the same response no matter which option you pick, when it seems like they should lead to much different immediate dialogue.

I've noticed a couple points (though I've put the story on the backburner and just farming EXP). I'm just chalking it up to RPGs and their illusion of choice where you get to pick from the right answer, the wrong answer, and the troll answer but no matter what you pick the NPC just says the same thing.

Not a fan of these myself, if nothing is going to change don't give me an option in the first place.

Mupod

I never even looked at Mozart's skills because his art is so shit, but he's apparently Tamamo-no-mae Lite. Since I'm basically going to be building an arts team in preparation for her, I guess I gotta level up this goober.

I'm also gonna work on St. George because he looks like a good way to keep Vlad alive.

Just gotta wait for the Tsukihime remake to come out and then there'll be a crossover, I'm sure.

In other words, it is never going to happen.

Isn't it sad, Sacchin?

UGOikgm.jpg

it's actually probably a good thing because I would whale fucking hard if they did it

Articalys

I've noticed a couple points (though I've put the story on the backburner and just farming EXP). I'm just chalking it up to RPGs and their illusion of choice where you get to pick from the right answer, the wrong answer, and the troll answer but no matter what you pick the NPC just says the same thing.

Not a fan of these myself, if nothing is going to change don't give me an option in the first place.
The thing is though, there's some cases where the two choice you get do lead down clearly different paths (before, of course, joining up again shortly afterwards). The "whassup" moment with Marie; the first choice give just a couple lines before the "common" dialogue continues, but the funny option yields quite a bit of extra dialogue. It's a shame if some of that is getting lost at the moment because the branches aren't working properly.

It's also just a little annoying to have the dialogue not feel like it's matching up with my choices.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The thing is though, there's some cases where the two choice you get do lead down clearly different paths (before, of course, joining up again shortly afterwards). The "whassup" moment with Marie; the first choice give just a couple lines before the "common" dialogue continues, but the funny option yields quite a bit of extra dialogue. It's a shame if some of that is getting lost at the moment because the branches aren't working properly.

It's also just a little annoying to have the dialogue not feel like it's matching up with my choices.

I don't mean this to come off the wrong way. I'm just genuinely curious. Do you foresee yourself sticking around with this game? I know with other games you sorta bailed. I'd like to have you around lol.

Hubb

I agree completely. I haven't cared enough about the choices/branching to actually go back (or even if it is possible) and see if the other choice changes the dialogue at all. Honestly none of the choices I have come across so far have been all that interesting to me. Nothing beyond a cheap way to make it feel like the player is part of the story. The choices between an answer and "..." are even better.

Whether they are broken branches or not I don't know. I didn't play the JP version so I have nothing to compare the responses too. And like I said before I haven't gone back to read what the other option would have provided to see if the answers to the choices are switched.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I agree completely. I haven't cared enough about the choices/branching to actually go back (or even if it is possible) and see if the other choice changes the dialogue at all. Honestly none of the choices I have come across so far have been all that interesting to me. Nothing beyond a cheap way to make it feel like the player is part of the story. The choices between an answer and "..." are even better.

Whether they are broken branches or not I don't know. I didn't play the JP version so I have nothing to compare the responses too. And like I said before I haven't gone back to read what the other option would have provided to see if the answers to the choices are switched.

It's just to give a sense of agency in the narrative. Ultimately the choices do little to nothing at best so just best not to worry about them in all honesty.

Articalys

I don't mean this to come off the wrong way. I'm just genuinely curious. Do you foresee yourself sticking around with this game? I know with other games you sorta bailed. I'd like to have you around lol.
Frankly that depends on if they can keep new content coming in at a steady rate or not! I do appreciate that the main story chapters are meaty enough that they can't be cleared in a day (unless you were someone who powerleveled a starting 4/5* and used level-up AP refills to marathon through), so that helps the pacing a bit, but if we're stuck with long lulls where the only productive thing to do is replay the dailies over and over, that's going to kill off my enthusiasm real fast.
The atrocious gacha rate for getting new characters isn't exactly promising either.
The dialogue thing is just something I happened to notice that shows how rushed the TL/QA was for the English release, and I hope they get that fixed soon as well.

Fair enough. And for what it's worth, you can replay any of the story bits from the "Material" section in My Room.

I don't understand the difference between "Increase your Arts Cards effectiveness" and "Increase your NP gain". I mean, isn't the Arts Cards thing to increase your NP gain?

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
So I ended up skipping a lot of the Septem story. It just never got me interested the way Orleans did, maybe I'll go back read the remaining chapters after they tweak the translation.

I'm also able to farm the 40 AP EXP quest now, although not very quickly. Tamamo Cat is fantastic for the first 1-2 rounds, but it always comes down to Jeanne being the last one standing. Ascended her once and it seems like I'm almost out of the mediocre middle growth of the reverse S.

My ID is 125,465,643, hope I make lots of new friends here!
Added.

Articalys

I don't understand the difference between "Increase your Arts Cards effectiveness" and "Increase your NP gain". I mean, isn't the Arts Cards thing to increase your NP gain?
Anything that increases "effectiveness" boosts all the properties of that card, so for Arts cards it boosts both NP gain and damage dealt. NP gain boosts only the NP part, but does so for any card, so Quick cards would get a slightly increased NP gain as well (and neither would get a damage boost).

I think that's right...

Caim

Art cards increase NP the most but everything but Buster (I think?) give some NP gain, including taking damage.

OVDRobo

Art cards increase NP the most but everything but Buster (I think?) give some NP gain, including taking damage.

To add to this, you can gain a minuscule amount of NP on Buster cards if you have an Arts card as the first card in your chain.

Basically, the first card in a chain adds a small amount of that card's effect to the rest of the cards used, so if you use an Arts card first then all successive cards of any type will gain a little more NP. If you use a Buster card first then all successive cards gain a small damage boost, and if you use a Quick card first then all following cards generate slightly more critical stars.

I never even looked at Mozart's skills because his art is so shit, but he's apparently Tamamo-no-mae Lite. Since I'm basically going to be building an arts team in preparation for her, I guess I gotta level up this goober.

I assume the idea is to use one of those two to boost your whole team's arts cards. But at the end of the day... do you really want a party with 6 or even 9 arts cards?

Anything that increases "effectiveness" boosts all the properties of that card, so for Arts cards it boosts both NP gain and damage dealt. NP gain boosts only the NP part, but does so for any card, so Quick cards would get a slightly increased NP gain as well (and neither would get a damage boost).

I think that's right...

I see. I'll do some experimentation, but I guess I'll get better return with the "effectiveness" essence, at least dealing a little more damage.

xequalsy

Do you mean I can use even the ones for other classes like Saber and Berserker on my Waver? If the class boost isn't big, that's what I'm doing next.

Yeah you can see for yourself by seeing the difference in exp matching classes gives you in the bottom right. I found it much more useful to quickly get a pair up to first ascension so that I can easily clear 40AP exp quests.

Shizuka

Well, even using everything I had available, the highest I got was 39/50. I have the five pieces to get his level cap up to 60, but I need to get to 50 before that.

Mupod

woo I was able to clear the 40AP twice without command seals. First try Vlad got critted immediately before he could use his NP and it came down to Mei's Jeanne soloing everything. But not before Cu Lancer stalled out like 20 turns of being unkillable.

Second try I only lost Mash. I swapped Saber Lily (who did jack shit despite type advantage) out for Sasaki and he was a lot more useful thanks to his evade skill. Vlad stayed alive until the end and got to NP like 3 times. Got a ton of exp for Sasaki and Cu so it should only get easier from here.

I gotta ask though, is there a way to make a certain friend always show up on your list? I don't want to kick any gaffers off but god damn that Jeanne carries my team so hard.

Caim

woo I was able to clear the 40AP twice without command seals. First try Vlad got critted immediately before he could use his NP and it came down to Mei's Jeanne soloing everything. But not before Cu Lancer stalled out like 20 turns of being unkillable.

Second try I only lost Mash. I swapped Saber Lily (who did jack shit despite type advantage) out for Sasaki and he was a lot more useful thanks to his evade skill. Vlad stayed alive until the end and got to NP like 3 times. Got a ton of exp for Sasaki and Cu so it should only get easier from here.

I gotta ask though, is there a way to make a certain friend always show up on your list? I don't want to kick any gaffers off but god damn that Jeanne carries my team so hard.

Just need to update the list. It's on a hidden timer though so you can't spam it til you get the friend you want.

Grazzt

Yeah I've been using his Jeanne a lot.

Oh god, even with a lv. 70 Jeanne on support, the 40 AP quest turns to living hell if the boss is randomly chosen to be berserker class.

I have Elizabeth as my lancer but clearly I should have been leveling up Cu for this instead.

Uthred

Oh god, even with a lv. 70 Jeanne on support, the 40 AP quest turns to living hell if the boss is randomly chosen to be berserker class.

I have Elizabeth as my lancer but clearly I should have been leveling up Cu for this instead.

I find the Berserker bosses easier, as everyone has advantage on them so you can burn them down quickly

I think that's right...

That is right.

Should we always save servants until we get a second copy of the servant to feed?

Also is there any way to send an invite to gaf people on the list and let them know it's from gaf?

SeanTSC

I think that's right...

Does that also apply to Noble Phantasms? Like Buster Card Effectiveness on Buster NPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom