• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanTSC

It should, yeah. Basically anything that follows the first card buffs the following ones, so Buster +ATK, Art + NP, and Quick + Crit.

Ah, nice. Wish I had a 5* Buster booster. Sadly my 10 pulls have been pretty bad. I did manage to pull an Art and a Quick 5* booster though.

Is there a good list of Craft Essences currently available for the US version?

chrono01

Ah, nice. Wish I had a 5* Buster booster. Sadly my 10 pulls have been pretty bad. I did manage to pull an Art and a Quick 5* booster though.
That's more than I have, haha.

No 5* CE yet, but then I'm saving my pulls for Gilgamesh so I haven't spent much.

SeanTSC

So, I finally finished up the story and also cleared out a few of the Quartz missions. Have 17 of them left to do. Did the Interludes for Altrea, Cu Chulaain, Carmilla, and Robin Hood as well.

Should I be doing every Daily quest available now and then Quartz missions with whatever I have left over for the day? Or just the 30/40 AP ones?

And I need 5 more silver Saber Pieces to upgrade Altra to her next Ascension (70 cap).

Shinypogs

How much of my soul am I going to have to sell to get Tamamo no Mae caster and Lancer versions when they are available? I'm fine saving all my saint quartz and only ever rolling for those two, Lancer version in particular seems like she'd work nicely with a berserker like Tamamo cat or Heracles, buffing them and debuffing the enemy for them.

Out of curiosity can you run a team of all the same character as long as they are in different classes ?

Is it worth doing Interludes for Servants you're likely not going to use?

I'll grinding the levels of Marie/Liz to get their Ascension & Interludes, but I'm contemplating for Saber Lily's after noticing late that her stats are shit for a 4*, but I've already wasted 18 levels worth of EXP gems on her.

You will probably be happier in your life knowing how many rolls failed to get two 5*s than knowing how many rolls got them.

You know, all the rolls people don't post about.

I'll grinding the levels of Marie/Liz to get their Ascension & Interludes, but I'm contemplating for Saber Lily's after noticing late that her stats are shit for a 4*, but I've already wasted 18 levels worth of EXP gems on her.

Sure, free quartz and drops, and maybe it'll buff the Servant in question to the point you want to use them.

Khezu

Just settle for having lots of friends who have a lot of shit.

Because there are going to be a lot of servants you won't get.

Don't let it get to you, otherwise you will go mad, or have to take out a mortgage on your house.

Articalys

So I'm doing that thing where I keep merging junk 1-2* CEs from the FP summoning by using the higher level one as fuel for the lower level one, since exp is completely preserved, but when should I cash them in, so to speak, on the CEs I actually use?

chrono01

The free 20 SQ is valid for the first-time login for the next four days! Only obtainable once overall, but this gives you four days to re-roll to get the free 20 SQ in addition to what you normally get, which means a second multi-pull per re-roll.

Hmm, kind of makes me want to try re-rolling on my alt account now for the 2x multi-pulls to try for a dual 5* account...

Articalys

The free 20 Quartz is valid for the next four days!

Hmm, kind of makes me want to try re-rolling on my alt account now for the 2x multi-pulls to try for a dual 5* account...
...maybe there's a better phrasing to use? Jumped in my seat since I thought you meant the quartz could only be used in the next four days instead of that's how long the login promo will last.

Paprikka

Throwing my hat in here finally after failing to reroll to any kind of 5 star servant. Just went with my best Tamamo account.

Safflower - 174,209,742 if anyone still has space for more friends. I added myself to the form as well.

kewlmyc

Just started for the first time, and got Emiya out of my first draw. Gonna keep this account on my iPad and try some android emulators to see if I can get any 5*s.

Khezu

I got all 3 perfect versions of the 3 FS/N kids in one pull. What a neat coincidence.
iqabdgP.jpg

I assume there useful, 25% bonus to cards sounds good on paper, maybe not Kaledescope good.

Also man, I'm kind of sad those awesome designs are wasted on craft essences, I would have loved to see them as pseudo servants. Well Shirou and Sakura anyway.

Just started for the first time, and got Emiya out of my first draw. Gonna keep this account on my iPad and try some android emulators to see if I can get any 5*s.

You can just create a bind code if you want. Go to My Room and scroll down to 'Issue Transfer Number'

vareon

Hey, I have 53 Quartz now! I'm not really searching for a new Servant, should I save for Gilgamesh then? Do we know when?

Got Stheno and Kaleidoscope from 10 I had saved and the free 20, but I'm still missing a Saber and an Archer. I'd also love to get Jeanne, but that's gonna be harder.

Kenai

Reposting my 846,107,608. Jeanne is 60 waiting on more Caster pieces to drop, Waver will be 60 soonish too but I don't use him as much yet, people seem to ask for Jeanne more. I will add people I have room for if you aren't a lvl 1 Mash or I know you are a gaffer lol.

Hey, I have 53 Quartz now! I'm not really searching for a new Servant, should I save for Gilgamesh then? Do we know when?

The free 20 just now put me to 113 and I barely finished Orleans and have done less than 5 of the "free" SQ quests or Ascension quests, just Jeanne really. And I feel like I don't have nearly enough for Iskandar, who is at least...half a year away? Probably closer to a year. Not enough to even get my hopes up. 1% is brutal, yo. Save for your favorites, definitely. And then spend it and hope that rngesus is happy with just your sweat rather than your tears/mortgage.

Azusa

Yes. Just do it later when you have spare materials to unlock their interludes. Usually you need to ascend servant once or more and level bond to some point (up to 5). Rewards are some quartz and occasional skill/np upgrade.

duongsn

So I got to Septem and started using Nero as guest support. Her attack animation is beastly! I really want to get her in my team, but I have to beat Septem to add her to the summon pool, right?

Articalys

How rare are the exp-all cards? Don't want to waste the ones we got as a starting gift if they're going to be hard to come by later.

Got my first two ascensions, finally. Had to burn 1 quartz to continue after coming within a single turn of getting that last chunk of XP I need.

And even with my lancer and assassin over level 40, I still have no confidence in their ability to do the 40AP daily consistently without command spells.

I'm starting to notice the edge that a 5* gives you in these cases where you just need a little more tanking to get through a fight.

Edit: They got wiped again, nowhere near the end of the fight this time.

Fangel

Neo Member
How rare are the exp-all cards? Don't want to waste the ones we got as a starting gift if they're going to be hard to come by later.

4* class exp cards are very common. You can get 8-9 of them just by running the 40AP daily.

The exp-all cards are rather rare but theres no point saving them. The extra 20% is nice but not crucial.

When you have only have enough for a 1 pull and you decide to say "fuck it" and do it anyway, and get that sweet nasty Kaleidoscope. My Emiya is now officially a beast.

They don't care about non-whales as long as the f2p content is enough to keep them trucking along. It's the people who will happily blow 500+ for a shot at Gilgamesh that DW and Type Moon are aiming for.

While I don't doubt you are correct it just seems short sighted to me. We have a much bigger population than Japan. So maybe whales are what you have to depend on there. Here, if even twenty of us on all of neogaf would spend twenty bucks we would be at 400. That's a low number considering just the amount of people who have commented in this thread so far.

I've never been a mobile gamer just because the opportunity wasted here seems disappointing to me. I mean take this game as an example. How much would it cost to turn this into a Persona- like game and take full advantage of the Waifu/husbando culture? I'm going to say it's several million for some cutscenes and the writing. Boom dating sim/ card game. That alone would pull in a significant number of the dating sim crowd. Now think a little bit more and it's not hard to see the mobile marketplace is the most vastly undertapped marketplace in existence.

Let's use Verizon as an example since I'm well versed in their operations, we have 120 million smartphones and tablets connected to our network alone. If you make a quality product you could bring in people by the truck load. My colleagues saw me playing at work and all of them were like "Wow, look at those graphics!" You don't need anything approaching a console release in fidelity here. People are impressed easily with smartphones. Seven out of 13 people on my team(males and females) started playing the game after seeing me play and only one even knew what Fate was but all seven were having fun with the game as we left for the evening. I know this is pretty much a rant and none of us affect anything, but all I'm saying is the potential is there to rake in a ton of cash if people would take a gamble and take a game like this add some more quality to it and put it on smartphones.

chrono01

Stamina spent in main account, so here I am re-rolling on my secondary device (for a two 5* start). Yeah, you could say I'm addicted to this game.

Since I'm doing it anyway, anyone looking for something specific? If I get a two 5* account I'll be keeping it, but if anyone wants a Waver/Jeanne/etc. account or whatever, let me know!

I just got a Jeanne D/Arc (5*), Marie (4*), and Martha (4*) account. Alos, for CE, Imaginary Around (5*), Iron-Willed Training (4*), Verdant Sound of Destruction (4*), Gem Magecraft (4*), Divine Banquet (4*), and The Imaginary Element x2 (4*). If anyone wants, let me know. I have the password/code saved. Gone.

Kenai

While I don't doubt you are correct it just seems short sighted to me. We have a much bigger population than Japan. So maybe whales are what you have to depend on there. Here, if even twenty of us on all of neogaf would spend twenty bucks we would be at 400. That's a low number considering just the amount of people who have commented in this thread so far.

I've never been a mobile gamer just because the opportunity wasted here seems disappointing to me. I mean take this game as an example. How much would it cost to turn this into a Persona- like game and take full advantage of the Waifu/husbando culture? I'm going to say it's several million for some cutscenes and the writing. Boom dating sim/ card game. That alone would pull in a significant number of the dating sim crowd. Now think a little bit more and it's not hard to see the mobile marketplace is the most vastly undertapped marketplace in existence.

Let's use Verizon as an example since I'm well versed in their operations, we have 120 million smartphones and tablets connected to our network alone. If you make a quality product you could bring in people by the truck load. My colleagues saw me playing at work and all of them were like "Wow, look at those graphics!" You don't need anything approaching a console release in fidelity here. People are impressed easily with smartphones. Seven out of 13 people on my team(males and females) started playing the game after seeing me play and only one even knew what Fate was but all seven were having fun with the game as we left for the evening. I know this is pretty much a rant and none of us affect anything, but all I'm saying is the potential is there to rake in a ton of cash if people would take a gamble and take a game like this add some more quality to it and put it on smartphones.

It's all about risk vs reward. Businesses always like to be as risk adverse as possible, and the more money involved the more risk involved. Businesses in general aren't too keen on super long term planning, especially on mobile were a new phone and new graphical boundaries to push is out every few years. So you either add all these bells and whistles and tack all this extra money and get whales and fans, or you don't and still get whales and fans. Sure, you *could* get more fans by adding more money, but a lot of these mobile companies are pretty lean on staff and resources I've been told. There's a lot more competition in the mobile space over there, too. They've been at this a lot longer than our side of the pond has and they seem to know what gets Japan's interest.

Frankly, I'm just happy the game is good.

chrono01

My Jeanne D'Arc account is gone, but I just rolled this:

Characters:

Altria (5*)
Tanamo Cat (4*)

CE:

Imaginary Around (5*)
Gandr (4*)
Imaginary Element (4*)
Iron-Willed Training (4*)
Angel's Song (4*)

If anyone wants, send me a PM.

Research has proven that a small amount of people will spend the majority of money for things like this. The mobile games industry is centered around whale hunting for a reason.

Nintendo even tried a more traditional model with Super Mario Run and that crashed and burned. So now Fire Emblem Heroes has a gacha and it makes way more money than Super Mario Run ever will.

The reality is that this is just how it is. Until you can change human nature, it will continue to be how it is.

Zafir

Research has proven that a small amount of people will spend the majority of money for things like this. The mobile games industry is centered around whale hunting for a reason.

Nintendo even tried a more traditional model with Super Mario Run and that crashed and burned. So now Fire Emblem Heroes has a gacha and it makes way more money than Super Mario Run ever will.

The reality is that this is just how it is. Until you can change human nature, it will continue to be how it is.
I mean Super Mario run didn't crash and burn. It sold pretty well but they never added more content past the original release so of course it wouldn't make anywhere near as much. Its comparing a service game to a once and done kind of game. Not to mention how long it took Android, the biggest mobile OS, to even get the game.

That all said even FEH doesn't just chase whales. It goes after dolphins too considering it has a 6% SSR rate.

I'm not convinced a 1% rate makes more money than a 6% rate tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom