• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiTYH

Seriously, don't bother upgrading any skill yet just to see it go from level 1 to level 2. The improvement for one level is miniscule, and it will take piles of rare materials and over a million QP just to get your first concrete benefit (1 turn shaved off the cooldown time) at level 6.

Play a while until you know the skill and the servant are one of your MVPs.

Thanks, appreciate the advice from both. For curiosity, here's my servants, anyone I should be prioritizing?

• 5-star Jeanne d'Arc
  • 4-star Altria Pendragon (Lily)
  • 4-star Emiya
  • 4-star Carmilla
  • 3-star Lu Bu Fengxian
  • 3-star Robin Hood
  • 3-star Romulus
  • 3-star Boudica

So far I've been using Jeanne and Emiya with Carmilla and Lily in reserve

Sciel

I recommend either Marie or Martha (or both!)

Martha: Her skill after ascending is a debuff removal. So you can use it after Jeanne's NP to remove her self stun. Like Jean, she has 3 arts cards, so you'll be getting arts chains like crazy, meaning you can spam both their NP. Martha's own NP is pretty good, the raw damage is decent but the highlight is the DEF debuff which will improve the rest of your attacks.

Marie: Her NP has a debuff removal attached and a heal attached to it. Paired with Jean's you can restore a few thousand HP to your whole party.

The 3 of them will make a really tanky team, esp good for farming QP and the 40 AP Caster daily. It may take a few turns, but you'll grind it out since you are mostly unkillable unless totally outleveled (just make sure to save a Jeanne NP for a enemy NP turn)

On the other note, I cleared Orleans. The fights with the servants were fun, but there were too many with just trash mobs. Some were pretty hard too esp
Carmilla and Jeanne Alter
. I was having fun using low tier characters through it all, such as Mash, Saber Lily and Sasaki Kojirou, with a 60 Altera as the last hero just to play it safe, and she actually had to save the day twice. Really want a Jeanne of my own now (but will probably never get her unless I reroll). If Altera makes an appearance in Rome, I hope she's as great as Jeanne and Marie
Thanks! I'm gonna level Martha i think since I really like her design :).

Azusa

Thanks, appreciate the advice from both. For curiosity, here's my servants, anyone I should be prioritizing?

• 5-star Jeanne d'Arc
  • 4-star Altria Pendragon (Lily)
  • 4-star Emiya
  • 4-star Carmilla
  • 3-star Lu Bu Fengxian
  • 3-star Robin Hood
  • 3-star Romulus
  • 3-star Boudica

So far I've been using Jeanne and Emiya with Carmilla and Lily in reserve

Robin Hood is considered top tier 3* archer. His skills are good. And his NP is single target.Good to nuke bosses.

Boudica is bad. Very bad. Cant say a thing about Lu Bu Fengxian and Romulus. But you cant ascend Lu Bu Fengxian. He needs Meteoric Horseshoe and so far we cant farm it. Its not in game.
Don't invest in Lily too much. She is easily replaceable with any strong 3*.

Pejo

I found a release schedule for gatcha/characters on Reddit, of when characters were added in the Japanese version. It should give us an idea on when to expect certain characters or, at least, the order in which we'll get them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit#gid=1747575292

It looks like I'll spend my hoarded SQ for Gilgamesh when he arrivs (just because my account is new, and could use more Servants as well as CE), and then save until Halloween hits.

Ah, great list. It's nice to know there's nothing I really want until Halloween if banner stay the same. Might do a pull or two to try to get lucky on the Orion banner, we'll see.

Finished up Orleans and got the last Mana Prism ticket yesterday, so now I'm in full on grind mode to max level my core team and get everyone ready for ascension. Nothin' but 40AP xp dungeons for the time being.

I'm really torn on who to get for my select 4* whenever we get it. My weakest classes right now are Archer, Assassin, and Caster. There's not a 4* Caster in the pool, so that's out, so my choices are either Emiya for archer, or Carmilla for Assassin
or Martha for waifu reasons.
. I keep leaning towards Emiya, but I see he's in a lot of the banners, so I wonder if I'll just get him anyways over time. Wonder when they're going to give us our free selector anyways.

I'm on stand-by at work so I'll be rerolling today for Jeanne and Heracles. Right now there's two free x10 Summons per new account, so I hope that mean's I'll be doing only half the rerolls for them, or at least for Jeanne...

And my first try, nothing but Heracles 4*, and everything else was a Berserker, with exception of 2 3* Medea.

We Cat users are kind of stuck trying to not waste our pick on Herc but also trying to not waste our pick on someone else. There are no other real damage dealers to choose from but also no one to keep Cat alive.

If there were a good saber to choose from I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Zafir

For the free 4* I'm tempted to go for Archer (Emiya) instead of Heracles since I already have the cat and I like the character.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I found a release schedule for gatcha/characters on Reddit, of when characters were added in the Japanese version. It should give us an idea on when to expect certain characters or, at least, the order in which we'll get them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit#gid=1747575292

It looks like I'll spend my hoarded SQ for Gilgamesh when he arrivs (just because my account is new, and could use more Servants as well as CE), and then save until Halloween hits.

Think I might save my :saberbux: for the Nero Festival, assuming this is similar to how our road map will play out. I would like Altera or Nero since I don't have a good Saber still.

RSchmitz

I got cat, but I´ll choose Herc as the free pick.
The only other 4* that interests me is Emiya but I think Herc will be more useful for a long time.
I already have Carmilla too.
I´d pick Artoria Alter if I could.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'm leaning towards Heracles for my free 4* pick, since unlike Tamamo Cat, his NP is single target. I would have gone for Emiya, but the one banner I'm saving for has him rated up, and I'm not going to worry about maxing NPs this early on.

So I rolled a 4* Berserker Lancelot and leveled him up a bit. I have a 3* Lancer Cu Chulainn and he is a pretty damn good beast that plays well alongside my 4* ascended Archer Emiya. I know the star system doesn't mean much in this game, but is Lancelot worth leveling? As is, Chulainn seems so far ahead in atk damage and HP when compared to him, that it seems almost pointless to spend my EXP on him

RSchmitz

So I rolled a 4* Berserker Lancelot and leveled him up a bit. I have a 3* Lancer Cu Chulainn and he is a pretty damn good beast that plays well alongside my 4* ascended Archer Emiya. I know the star system doesn't mean much in this game, but is Lancelot worth leveling? As is, Chulainn seems so far ahead in atk damage and HP when compared to him, that it seems almost pointless to spend my EXP on him

I´d bench Emiya.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I have no idea how he fares compared to Lancer, but I'm currently playing with Lancelot on my team (with Emiya) and he hits pretty damn hard with those red cards.

OVDRobo

Based on that list of events, I might try to grab a Lancelot (Berserker) from the Gilgamesh addition banner or 'Da-vinci Chan's choice' later if we get general banners like that.

Aside from that, my sights are set on Saber Wars and Mysterious Heroine X which isn't going to be for a pretty long time if ever with the Star Wars difficulties involved. As long as they add MHX as a unit even if the event doesn't make it I'm happy.

There's a few other interesting units like Scathach, Okita Souji and Mordred listed as well before then, but I've heard enough horror stories of 5* pull rates in this game to hoard and aim for a single unit with the assumption I'm probably still not going to get it. Up to 129 quartz and 5 tickets so far.

SeanTSC

I'm definitely going with Herc for my free pick (unless this next pull nabs him). Single Target in this game seems SO much more potent than AE for shit that matters. I guess that's why Sabers in general are rated so low, hardly any good single target ones.

I´d bench Emiya.
Emiya with Kaleidoscope is the best thing ever tho. A quick UBW simply cleans a whole bunch of enemies in 1 to 2 rounds no matter whether they are higher level than him or not.
I have no idea how he fares compared to Lancer, but I'm currently playing with Lancelot on my team (with Emiya) and he hits pretty damn hard with those red cards.
Yeah I have also read his crit hits pretty damn hard. His HP is kind of on the low side though, specially compared to Chullain.

Khezu

Best reason to keep Emiya right now is that his combat animations are some of the coolest in the game.

A lot of characters have some generic ass attacks, but they did a great job of giving Emiya most of his full moveset.

Mupod

Finally got over the 40AP exp quest farming hump. Can beat it easily now, rarely lose anybody and if I do it's Mash who only exists to put invincibility on Vlad a couple times. Got enough EXP to get Vlad at 60, Sasaki and Cu to 40, working on St. George now. Tamamo Cat will happen when I get a couple more berserker pieces.

Is the QP daily always all casters? Medusa is already 40, so if I get George up there I should be able to easily clear it. If I remember correctly it gives similar EXP to the ember farming one, just no exp cards.

I'd like to get a full Arts team going so I'm also going to work on Mozart, I've got tons of archer cards saved for when they finally let us pick the 4* as well.

Qurupeke

I have no idea what should I choose, as I already have Herc. Was thinking either an Assassin like Carmilla or Tamamo Cat for maximum BAZAKA.

Jeanne!! and Martha... but at my second try, I think I'll stay with them.
I didn't get Heracles, but I guess I'll pick him as my free 4* Servant once that goes live.

Hooray for not "losing" that much time!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
For the free 4* I'm tempted to go for Archer (Emiya) instead of Heracles since I already have the cat and I like the character.

I have Tamamo Cat at level 50 and still plan on getting Herc. From what I understand Emiya won't truly be worth it until a while later. And for myself, I already have Robin Hood at lvl 40, and then Gilgamesh is going to be an archer option as well who I hope to pick up, so I think I'm fine for the Archer spot. If there were better 4* choices for Rider or Caster I may have gone for one of those, otherwise Herc is the default pick for me.

Best reason to keep Emiya right now is that his combat animations are some of the coolest in the game.

A lot of characters have some generic ass attacks, but they did a great job of giving Emiya most of his full moveset.

He actually only got those animations late last year

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't know how your Cu does more damage than your Lancelot. My Lancelot has an attack that is thousands of points higher than Cu. Cu is all about surviving and not damage.

I have Lancelot and the Cat as my beserkers but people are saying Herk is still the right choice. He's just that good with his single target DPS.

Mupod

I feel like Vlad's Vampirism is a no brainer for me to upgrade first. It's amazingly useful for stalling turns by draining enemy charge, and gives him more NP too.

Most of them are in, but some are missing. Saber Alter and Cu Cuchulainn off the top of my head

makes sense. I was just looking at the sprite revisions on the wiki and thought it was odd that Cu still looks like the old version, whereas other characters have their new one.

Basically we got all the UI and QoL updates up to the end of F/GO's Act 1 in Japan. Cu (and Medusa and Medea) got their updates later than that.

I don't know how your Cu does more damage than your Lancelot. My Lancelot has an attack that is thousands of points higher than Cu. Cu is all about surviving and not damage.

I have Lancelot and the Cat as my beserkers but people are saying Herk is still the right choice. He's just that good with his single target DPS.

It is due to my Cu being a few levels higher. However doing the math on how much attack Lancelot has gained up until now, even if I surpassed the 2 or 3 levels that Cu has on him, his attack wouldn't be higher still. Unless of course his attack increases exponentially over the next few levels, or maybe Cu's begin to decrease over time before reaching 40

I have Tamamo Cat at level 50 and still plan on getting Herc. From what I understand Emiya won't truly be worth it until a while later. And for myself, I already have Robin Hood at lvl 40, and then Gilgamesh is going to be an archer option as well who I hope to pick up, so I think I'm fine for the Archer spot. If there were better 4* choices for Rider or Caster I may have gone for one of those, otherwise Herc is the default pick for me.

You know what, I like that plan. You roll enough between now and then and you'll probably get Emiya while trying to get someone else, right?

Actually, for people who know: how many 4*s do you get on average over a year of rolling? Do you ever get anywhere near having most of them?

current best guess is after their 'countdown' ends on facebook/twitter. They are posting servants one by one each day. So maybe around the 6th?

they haven't said anything specific at all, though.

Ahh I thought it's already available.

On a side note I'm supper happy as I got Elizabeth today from gatcha so now I only miss Jeanne from my wishlist.

luminous

Been playing since release day, got my girlie Jeanne after some rerolling along with Tamamo Cat. Praying my luck here is better than my nearly 1 year old JP server account (lmao). Knowing who and when to roll is an advantage at least.

3 10-rolls worth of quartz is already saved up for Gilgamesh's upcoming pickup.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ok... starting to not hate rerolling.. but do I reroll on this?

Emiya
Imaginary Around
Kaleidoscope

Seems like it might be worth keeping.

Quonny

iv0JMmJ.jpg

godbless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom