• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just did a random pull and got a saber named Altria Pendragon (alter). Can't find much about her. Any good? I'm guessing better than my Siegfried for a saber unit.

Caim

Can you only level up a servant using those exp items in the server menu, or can you naturally level them up in combat?

EXP items only.

Just did a random pull and got a saber named Altria Pendragon (alter). Can't find much about her. Any good? I'm guessing better than my Siegfried for a saber unit.

Yeah she's pretty good, and very similar to the normal 5* version plus somewhat easier to acquire due to being 4* you can replace Sieg with her.

Blue-kun

I've seen people argue that she's actually better than the normal Altria, 'cause she's got higher attack and her NP, Excalibur Morgan, hits harder than the regular Altria's.

Bit frailer, though, and might argue the skills aren't as good as OG's, but you definitely can't go wrong with her if you need a strong Saber boasting a very, very good AoE NP.

Also she's more of a waifu than the regular Altria, at least personally speaking. Her 3rd outfit/sprite is so cute~

Strimei

Slowly making my way through France and I am astonished at how much I like Marie. I didn't expect to. She is an absolute gem.

Faynwulf

Currently have 105 Saints Quartz and three summon tickets saved for a event. I do REALLY want Jeanne or Arturia but I heard there may be an event than increases the % for Jeanne.

The percentage stays the same. Here a quote from the wiki.

"The chance of summoning a 5★ Servant is still 1%, but, if you were to summon a 5★, there is a higher chance it will be a rate-up Servant."

If you really want Jeanne or Arturia one of those events would still be ideal.

jonjonaug

Cleared all the story missions and max leveled plus single ascensioned almost all all my 5 and 4 star Servants. So now I'm just doing interludes for Setvants I like by grinding the XP and simple ascension material missions until we get more content.

Caim

Current lineup.

I know is trash but I am finishing Orleans and doing dailies level 3 and 4 missions using a Tamamo Cat from a friend and Jeanne in the campaign.

Currently have 105 Saints Quartz and three summon tickets saved for a event. I do REALLY want Jeanne or Arturia but I heard there may be an event than increases the % for Jeanne.

I want to improve Mash but I need the story to progress more.

All rate up means is a greater chance of pulling the character if you pull a card of that rarity.

For example, if Waver has a rate-up its still 1% but if you do pull a 5* it'll most likely be him.

Edit: Beaten!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Kaleidoscope is extremely overrated imo. As the game goes on it becomes increasingly useless. Hell event 5* are better usually.

chrono01

Kaleidoscope is extremely overrated imo. As the game goes on it becomes increasingly useless. Hell event 5* are better usually.
Good to know (since I still don't have one on my main)!

Seems useful for Waver though, since with it I'd be able to activate his (or anyone else's) NP from turn one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've seen people argue that she's actually better than the normal Altria, 'cause she's got higher attack and her NP, Excalibur Morgan, hits harder than the regular Altria's.

Bit frailer, though, and might argue the skills aren't as good as OG's, but you definitely can't go wrong with her if you need a strong Saber boasting a very, very good AoE NP.

Also she's more of a waifu than the regular Altria, at least personally speaking. Her 3rd outfit/sprite is so cute~

EXP items only.

Yeah she's pretty good, and very similar to the normal 5* version plus somewhat easier to acquire due to being 4* you can replace Sieg with her.

Ah, she sounds awesome. Thanks gents!

kayos90

Good to know (since I still don't have one on my main)!

Seems useful for Waver though, since with it I'd be able to activate his (or anyone else's) NP from turn one.

Waver should have no problem with gaining meter so it becomes largely irrelevant even more so.

chrono01

Waver should have no problem with gaining meter so it becomes largely irrelevant even more so.
True, still want it though, haha.

It doesn't seem like it's terribly difficult to pull though, judging from my re-rolls over the last while. I've gotten it a handful of times, 5* Servants seem so much more rare. I believe it's 1% for 5* Servants and 3% for 5* CE?

Ala Alba

Kaleidoscope CE is mostly good for farming exp/qp.

I was really happy when my JP account was able to finally get a 100% consistent 3-turn clear.

I'll have to see if I can manage the same on my NA account (probably hinges on whether Spartacus can clear a wave of hands with his NP).

Shizuka

True, still want it though, haha.

It doesn't seem like it's terribly difficult to pull though, judging from my re-rolls over the last while. I've gotten it a handful of times, 5* Servants seem so much more rare. I believe it's 1% for 5* Servants and 3% for 5* CE?

4% for 5* CEs.

Where I'm at right now.

Ascended Cat, Marie & Liz, now grinding for Level 50.

DD2l2R3VwAAZVxu.jpg

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just beat the story without even maxing my characters.
That was pretty short.

How soon until the next story is added?

kayos90

Just beat the story without even maxing my characters.
That was pretty short.

How soon until the next story is added?

It took roughly 3 months for a new chapter to be added in JP. My hope is that this is not the case cuz if this happens then there will be a drought every 2 weeks to a month which is absolutely unacceptable for the western market.

elty

So it seems that every character has an interlude mission that require accession - does it means I should keep every servant and level them to max? Or the reward is not worth it?

Caim

So it seems that every character has an interlude mission that require accession - does it means I should keep every servant and level them to max? Or the reward is not worth it?

It's up to you.

You get quartz and depending on the character upgrades to their skill or NP.

Articalys

It's probably this.

The reason so many are re-rolling right now is because you get so many free SQ for doing your pulls. When those SQ are no longer offered, things will die down considerably.

Similar to you, I only have a single 4*/5* account, but I'm still re-rolling on my alternate device simply for fun to see what I get.
I know, but that makes it seem like even more of a wasted opportunity.

...I might end up just having to overlevel everyone I have, pick the most broken supports whenever possible, and just treat the whole game as a drip-feed free VN, ignoring any semblance of battle challenge.

The downside to a game like this where each character has a ton of unique qualities means that new ones come at a very slow pace, so if you actually want any specific character who's 4* or above, ever, saving accounts now is the best way to achieve that, and you'll still be waiting a long time.

I'm starting to feel like a scrub for wanting to just keep playing with a single 4* + single 5* account when apparently the smart thing to do is set up a ton of rerolled accounts primed to "cash in" once the servant you want finally shows up.

Or maybe this thread is just populated by mostly hardcore players.

I'm only playing my one account that has Altera.

It's just the launch period and everyone is grinding and re-rolling like crazy. When the launch promotions go away, people will go back to logging in once or twice a day to do dailies and spend AP like in most games. Except during events, then it's crazy time people!

kayos90

Who wants a 5* Jeanne acct?

yKF2HPjxZ9

qwer

If you take this acct when you don't need it, I hope hell befalls you.

One of the more amusing things I can do with my car is name it. Just for FayGO's launch I've named my car this for a week now.

In case you are wondering, you cannot transfer album art over Bluetooth. So sometimes the album art is right, and other times it's kind of hilarious seeing what art whatever search function the Bluetooth media player in the car uses manages to turn up. I would estimate the chances are 1 in 10 that it figures out the correct album art when I'm streaming music from my phone to my car. This is one of the few times it got the album art right.

Shadic7700

Need one more monument for Archer is it me or is Gill showing up way too little plus half the time he drops a piece :-/ I swear to god if I see that dumb lancer chick one more time I may just stop playing to Gill actually shows up in the gatcha! But jokes aside now I just need those gears and hearts are those both available Friday?

kayos90

One of the more amusing things I can do with my car is name it. Just for FayGO's launch I've named my car this for a week now.

In case you are wondering, you cannot transfer album art over Bluetooth. So sometimes the album art is right, and other times it's kind of hilarious seeing what art whatever search function the Bluetooth media player in the car uses manages to turn up. I would estimate the chances are 1 in 10 that it figures out the correct album art when I'm streaming music from my phone to my car. This is one of the few times it got the album art right.

Stealth brag?

SeanTSC

Maximum Weeb confirmed.

... I have a BRZ because of Initial D. ><

Don't name it Gaebolcar next.

The part which always baffled me was how Rin knew about drag cars but didn't know how to program a VCR. Okay.

Maximum Weeb confirmed.

... I have a BRZ because of Initial D. ><

BRZ's are great cars. They come with extreme amounts of fun built in and then you can slap a turbo into one and just laugh while you walk away from anybody who tries to race you in it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The part which always baffled me was how Rin knew about drag cars but didn't know how to program a VCR. Okay.

If they knew it was going to be a race with "random" draws for cars ahead of time, she's the type who would have researched the possibilities ahead if time.

No-one would've expected BerserCar though.

SeanTSC

Ugh, need two more silver Saber pieces, and the 30 AP daily is not cooperating. >< I guess the Gold one and the Archer ones I've gotten will be useful later.

I got a Kaleidoscope. I put it on my Heracles but I think it would have been better on an AOE NP, and the only servant I have that has that is Cu Caster, who hits significantly less than Heracles. I guess I should hope for an Altera or something later.

Articalys

Why do you think that?
Infamously low gacha rates, only 1/3 of the classes can be reasonably leveled up any given day, difficult to pace your leveling so you get a smooth challenge curve, leveling up skills / ascending is hours upon hours of mindless busywork, and it seems like some enemies have a way higher crit rate than they should.

It really is a testament to how enjoyable the story is that I'm slogging through the level-up process to see more of it.

chrono01

Infamously low gacha rates, only 1/3 of the classes can be reasonably leveled up any given day, difficult to pace your leveling so you get a smooth challenge curve, leveling up skills / ascending is hours upon hours of mindless busywork, and it seems like some enemies have a way higher crit rate than they should.

It really is a testament to how enjoyable the story is that I'm slogging through the level-up process to see more of it.
There is a lot of grinding, if you decide to go that route (leveling up all of the skills, especially), but it's not really needed to progress in the game, so the players aren't really punished. It's there if you want to do it, but not mandatory. The same goes for the gatcha and pulling 4*/5* characters. While it's always nice to get your favorite, once again it's not required to beat the in-game content (or so I've heard). That's vastly different from other gatcha games where you NEED those characters to actually make progress.

I don't know, Fate/GO seems to be one of the more "beginner-friendly" gatcha games I've had the pleasure of playing.

Azusa

Interesting. I have played JP for almost a year and can say its the most casual mobage I have ever played. You burn all AP on some daily or event quests and do your things for the whole day, then you burn it again after work at the evening. Or you can just skip it and call it a day.

If you're worried about overleveling, why would you even think about grinding ascension items now?

It is honestly incredibly accessible that this game lets you get started by powering through 40 levels so you can have a couple of reasonably powerful servant in a day. And then they can do the job of leveling every other weak servant you might have. You never have to use the wrong people in the wrong situation just to grind for levels.

patapuf

In terms of progressing i feel the game is pretty generous.

I almost always beat my 40 AP quests with a lvl 30 Tamano (the cat berserker) and a lvl 18 Saber Lily thanks to being able to pick strong support characters.

I'll probably get bored of it at some point though. It's still a game about filling bars in the end.

The game really likes giving me berserkers for some reason. I think i have all of them exept Heracles and any 5* that might exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom