• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a single lv60 Jeanne friend handle the 40ap one? That's how I did the 30ap one.

Not Jeanne, but I tried a 40ap quest with a lvl 60 Altera for support. My party had a Lvl 40 Saber Alter, Lvl 40 Liz, and in back was a level 30 Kojirou, level 38 Medusa, and a level 20 Mash.

Needless to say everyone but Altera died, but a command spell and a clutch Photon Ray finished the last few enemies off.

So I'd probably wait until your party is in the 45-50 range.

Deadly

Just finished all of the content except the Berserker in Fuyuki. I think I should be able to do it now.

Hopefully events and story updates come at a nice pace. Thankfully they've got quite a few more singularities to release.

Ala Alba

I am still not entire sure how the combat system should work, so....

- Kill berzerker first because they do and take extra damage
- Accumulate NP on your DPS, so you can nuke the boss before his NP goes off
- Put your strongest card at the end because the bonus is larger

Anything I miss?

FYI, what position you put your NP card in has no effect on it. I'm 90% sure that the first card in the chain also has no effect on the NP.

Also, for your second point, that will get progressively harder to do as time goes on, but it could last you a few more singularities, at least.

Hey guys, how can I level up my servants? Just beat the prologue and my guys are still lv. 1, the support servant did most of the job.

Click cancel out of the singularities until you get the menu that allows you to choose with Singularity you enter. The option at the top will be 'Chaldea Gate'.

Enter that option and you'll see a series of quests. The one you want are the first set of red ones called 'Ember Gathering'. Do the quests (the 10AP one to start with), and you'll receive a bunch of Exp cards.

Next, use the main menu to go to 'Enhance'. Once there, select 'enhance Servant', select a Servant, and stuff him full of Exp cards.

Is the best way of getting Ascension Materials the Green Missions in the Chaldea Gate?
My Servants are not strong enough yet to tackle the 30 AP Mission, but in the 20 AP Mission I only got 2 out of three attempts, and one of those was a Monument.

Also, is there a way of getting gems other than story missions?

RSchmitz

Is the best way of getting Ascension Materials the Green Missions in the Chaldea Gate?
My Servants are not strong enough yet to tackle the 30 AP Mission, but in the 20 AP Mission I only got 2 out of three attempts, and one of those was a Monument.

Also, is there a way of getting gems other than story missions?

Pieces and monuments on Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Gems on Thursday and Friday.

Articalys

Sadly I wasn't able to actualize the REGEND; barely won that battle.

I feel like "recommended level" numbers aren't really accurate in any sense.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So to those who convinced me to keep rerolling my two 5⭐️ craft mats, thanks. Got a Jeanne!!

So do I just keep applying stuff to her to level her up? Is there a disadvantage to rapidly leveling her up with the XP items they shower on you at the beginning?

The End

I pulled Vlad last night and I'm just not feeling him. He's a way glassier cannon that Cat was on my account from before.

I'd be willing to trade for an account with Jeanne or one with Altera and a couple good 4*s/ some SQ left on the account.

PM me if interested.

Mupod

So to those who convinced me to keep rerolling my two 5⭐️ craft mats, thanks. Got a Jeanne!!

So do I just keep applying stuff to her to level her up? Is there a disadvantage to rapidly leveling her up with the XP items they shower on you at the beginning?

not really. You can get lots more of those from the daily exp quests, and you need a strong team to farm those. I think the ones you get at the start are the 'ALL' type which is ideal to use on Jeanne since there are no Ruler cards that I know of.

I guess you could intentionally keep all levels low if you wanted to really take your time with the story stuff. But I personally wanted to level as fast as possible to get more AP to work with, I just used a team of 1-3* in the story missions to keep it interesting.

Articalys

My Kojiro totally lived up to his legend. Almost one-rounded the dragon on his own. He's 40 though.
To be fair, I was using Jing Ke instead since I got her early on and she seems generally superior (minus the self-damage from the NP, but then again I mostly use it as a finishing blow anyway).
They never are. Wait until the events come in and you're like "fuck this level"
So how should I actually know what level I should be at?

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I pulled Vlad last night and I'm just not feeling him. He's a way glassier cannon that Cat was on my account from before.

I'd be willing to trade for an account with Jeanne or one with Altera and a couple good 4*s/ some SQ left on the account.

PM me if interested.
What level's your Vlad? His stat growth is literally the opposite of Cat's. Cat gets the bulk of her stats early and late, whereas Vlad gains most of his stats in the middle levels (around 30 to 60).

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
To be fair, I was using Jing Ke instead since I got her early on and she seems generally superior (minus the self-damage from the NP, but then again I mostly use it as a finishing blow anyway).

So how should I actually know what level I should be at?

hmm.... good question. i don't remember. at a certain point it doesn't really matter so i forgot.

I feel like if Articalys spent more time just playing the game naturally instead of complaining in this thread he would be having more fun and also not be worrying about things which may or may not happen 2 years from now because that's how many years ahead the JP version is.

Plenty of people run 3 BASAKA, Buster cards from hell to breakfast. It's super fun on farm teams but can be impractical in boss battles unless you have the ones with Guts moves and some CE's which give you a lot of NP charge at battle start like Sakura or Kaleidoscope.

If I end up picking up Herc for my free 4*, I could run Herc, Tamamo CAT, and I dunno Lu Bu I guess and just make sure I have a solid back line if they get blown off the arena which they most certainly will at our low levels.

kayos90

I feel like if Articalys spent more time just playing the game naturally instead of complaining in this thread he would be having more fun and also not be worrying about things which may or may not happen 2 years from now because that's how many years ahead the JP version is.

He's highly concerned about not wasting time/resources and minmaxing. I think we can nicely reiterate to him that this game ultimately is very nice about not fucking things up like other gacha games. Gotta take a different perspective Art! I'm here for you!!!

I kind of want to run a BAZAKA only team...

That was the "meta" for a long time.

Articalys

I mean, I've said multiple times that I'm really enjoying the story, it's just that the busywork surrounding it feels like more of a drag than similar games I've played. I don't think it's that complex of a viewpoint!
hmm.... good question. i don't remember. at a certain point it doesn't really matter so i forgot.
Fair enough, I guess I'll just start leveling whenever I can and assume the story battles will keep pace. If I start one-shotting everything I can slow down a little.

Slashlen

Damn, mat rates are awful. I've been farming the 30AP daily for monuments since it went up yesterday, and I have yet to get one.

kayos90

I mean, I've said multiple times that I'm really enjoying the story, it's just that the busywork surrounding it feels like more of a drag than similar games I've played. I don't think it's that complex of a viewpoint!

Fair enough, I guess I'll just start leveling whenever I can and assume the story battles will keep pace. If I start one-shotting everything I can slow down a little.

I want to share with you how I'm playing the game. So far I've only played every other day (i do log on everyday for rewards) and I only do the 30 AP exp farm quests. lol. I haven't even started the story minus finishing the prologue. I'm taking it suepr easy and I don't feel like i'm wasting resources or anything like that at all. Once the content trickles in you won't know what to do with your AP. Right now it's super cruise control.

Voror

on the 40AP dailies I've gotten pretty good at protecting him. Last few runs I ended with George, Jeanne and Vlad all still at full HP. It'll get much easier once I ascend George again.

I just started leveling my George and it's looking like I should focus on him more since it sounds like he'll be an asset. Don't have Vlad or Jeanne, though I have both as Supports along with Waver. Been wondering if I should hold Heracles back as a sub member perhaps.

Articalys

caring about min-maxing in a solo, story and luck based game

thinking emoji
In what sense? I stopped caring about rerolling and my biggest standing complaint now echoes some others from the last page who were talking about how the AP costs scale up way too rapidly.
That and the sadness that I'll probably never get all my favorite characters together, but that's the essence of a gacha game.
I want to share with you how I'm playing the game. So far I've only played every other day (i do log on everyday for rewards) and I only do the 30 AP exp farm quests. lol. I haven't even started the story minus finishing the prologue. I'm taking it suepr easy and I don't feel like i'm wasting resources or anything like that at all. Once the content trickles in you won't know what to do with your AP. Right now it's super cruise control.
I want to try and power through Orleans since I'm almost at the end of it, but after that I'll probably just run the daily quests for a bit to build up resources (along with tackling Free quests here and there). Don't want to rush the story too much since there's no sign when the next update is coming.

kayos90

In what sense? I stopped caring about rerolling and my biggest standing complaint now echoes some others from the last page who were talking about how the AP costs scale up way too rapidly.
That and the sadness that I'll probably never get all my favorite characters together, but that's the essence of a gacha game.

I want to try and power through Orleans since I'm almost at the end of it, but after that I'll probably just run the daily quests for a bit to build up resources (along with tackling Free quests here and there). Don't want to rush the story too much since there's no sign when the next update is coming.

Yeah.... The game definitely needs a faster content release than existed in the JP or the Chinese version for it to thrive cuz as it stands now, the slow distribution of content will kill the game and its population.

Re: the argument about profitability of this game a few pages back

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6l6452/aniplexs_final_profit_increased_224_times/

$146 million extra profit for Aniplex this fiscal year is accounted for solely by FayGO. This game prints money and no one cares about the gacha pull rate.

Yeah.... The game definitely needs a faster content release than existed in the JP or the Chinese version for it to thrive cuz as it stands now, the slow distribution of content will kill the game and its population.

F2P games don't really care that much about that, because there's no profit motive in forcing people to play daily. Even getting them to log in once a day to claim their daily bonuses and spend one refill of stamina gauge is fine for them.

Even MMO's which depend on subscriptions to retain revenue base like WoW and FFXIV don't try and force too much content too fast because the majority of players are playing casually anyways and aren't rushing through content on day 1 and then complaining there's nothing to do for 3 months afterwards.

One of the most interesting cautionary lessons about forcing too much content too fast comes by way of the F2P route when Blade & Soul launched in NA/EU. That game was 5 years old in Korea at that point and NCsoft West implemented a crazy content update schedule to catch NA/EU up with KR within a year. There was so much content that even crazy hardcore players could not keep up and many people quit because they didn't want to grind out a bunch of shit that was immediately obsolete next month and casual players simply could not keep up and they also quit in droves or just decided to come back after all the content had been released so they only needed to catch up once. It was absolutely not a successful strategy for NCsoft West with that game.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jesus. That 90k HP+ Jeanne Alter in the Paris quest is straight-up murdering me.

I'm just trying to farm Archer ascension mats :(

Qurupeke

Plenty of people run 3 BASAKA, Buster cards from hell to breakfast. It's super fun on farm teams but can be impractical in boss battles unless you have the ones with Guts moves and some CE's which give you a lot of NP charge at battle start like Sakura or Kaleidoscope.

If I end up picking up Herc for my free 4*, I could run Herc, Tamamo CAT, and I dunno Lu Bu I guess and just make sure I have a solid back line if they get blown off the arena which they most certainly will at our low levels.

Interesting. I think I'll actually try it then. Bazaka is the strongest in the world after all.

kayos90

Not including playstyle or anything gameplay related, what's your favorite two servants so far and why?

One of the most interesting cautionary lessons about forcing too much content too fast comes by way of the F2P route when Blade & Soul launched in NA/EU. That game was 5 years old in Korea at that point and NCsoft West implemented a crazy content update schedule to catch NA/EU up with KR within a year. There was so much content that even crazy hardcore players could not keep up and many people quit because they didn't want to grind out a bunch of shit that was immediately obsolete next month and casual players simply could not keep up and they also quit in droves or just decided to come back after all the content had been released so they only needed to catch up once. It was absolutely not a successful strategy for NCsoft West with that game.

That sounds terrifying.

It's already taking too long right now to use up all your AP refills in this game. I'll be relieved when the around-the-clock refills stop.

Draxal

Re: the argument about profitability of this game a few pages back

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6l6452/aniplexs_final_profit_increased_224_times/

$146 million extra profit for Aniplex this fiscal year is accounted for solely by FayGO. This game prints money and no one cares about the gacha pull rate.

F2P games don't really care that much about that, because there's no profit motive in forcing people to play daily. Even getting them to log in once a day to claim their daily bonuses and spend one refill of stamina gauge is fine for them.

Even MMO's which depend on subscriptions to retain revenue base like WoW and FFXIV don't try and force too much content too fast because the majority of players are playing casually anyways and aren't rushing through content on day 1 and then complaining there's nothing to do for 3 months afterwards.

1. The first six months of fate were pretty rough content wise.
2. English fate grand order is also competing against Japanese fate, were people have established accounts and will be doing better, newer content.

kayos90

I don't think this really applies for this game just because items and stuff like that doesn't become obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom