• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

George was definitely the key to making my 40AP quests go smoother. At 35 he's staying alive and letting Vlad go nuts and clear waves single handedly. I always get 2-3 Vlad NPs off due to the excessive amounts of Arts cards I get from George/Jeanne, and I don't need Jeanne's NP just to survive turn 1 of round 3 anymore.

Level 60 Vlad seems to have attracted a level 70 NP2 Jeanne friend so that's been helping too. Although I wonder if I should switch to Waver instead to clear things faster. Probably not worth the risk at least until George is 45. Would be totally fine in the QP daily at least.

Articalys

There is a lot of grinding, if you decide to go that route (leveling up all of the skills, especially), but it's not really needed to progress in the game, so the players aren't really punished. It's there if you want to do it, but not mandatory. The same goes for the gatcha and pulling 4*/5* characters. While it's always nice to get your favorite, once again it's not required to beat the in-game content (or so I've heard). That's vastly different from other gatcha games where you NEED those characters to actually make progress.

I don't know, Fate/GO seems to be one of the more "beginner-friendly" gatcha games I've had the pleasure of playing.
I mean, this is why it would have been nice to have some tips in the OP on the "right" way to play the game instead of a bunch of in-jokes and self-deprecation.
Interesting. I have played JP for almost a year and can say its the most casual mobage I have ever played. You burn all AP on some daily or event quests and do your things for the whole day, then you burn it again after work at the evening. Or you can just skip it and call it a day.
That sounds like most gacha games with a stamina system anyway...
If you're worried about overleveling, why would you even think about grinding ascension items now?

It is honestly incredibly accessible that this game lets you get started by powering through 40 levels so you can have a couple of reasonably powerful servant in a day. And then they can do the job of leveling every other weak servant you might have. You never have to use the wrong people in the wrong situation just to grind for levels.
So where's the challenge in the game then? Does the game basically start to balance out later on once you have everything at max level and strategy changes to picking the right servant combination for the job?
In terms of progressing i feel the game is pretty generous.

I almost always beat my 40 AP quests with a lvl 30 Tamano (the cat berserker) and a lvl 18 Saber Lily thanks to being able to pick strong support characters.

I'll probably get bored of it at some point though. It's still a game about filling bars in the end.

The game really likes giving me berserkers for some reason. I think i have all of them exept Heracles and any 5* that might exist.
Yeah, the filling bars part just feels like it stands out to me more than in other games I've played. I dunno.

xequalsy

Maxed out most of my guys for each class up to the first easy ascension except Riders. Don't really like Alexander, Boudica or Medusa. Guess it's time to save EXP cards now.

Considering levelling up Attila too, but her niche seems to be identical to Saber so it's probably not worth the investment yet. I haven't looked into their level curves though so I guess it might be possible one is better than the other at level 60.

Any other 1-3* worth levelling up immediately? I've already done Robin Hood, Lancer Cu, Hans and Medea.

Zafir

Maxed out most of my guys for each class up to the first easy ascension except Riders. Don't really like Alexander, Boudica or Medusa. Guess it's time to save EXP cards now.

Considering levelling up Attila too, but her niche seems to be identical to Saber so it's probably not worth the investment yet. I haven't looked into their level curves though so I guess it might be possible one is better than the other at level 60.

Any other 1-3* worth levelling up immediately? I've already done Robin Hood, Lancer Cu, Hans and Medea.
I believe Attila has higher attack. Also from what I've seen people generally consider Attila better in the long run but I've still been focusing on Saber over her instead. Like her more. :p

Mupod

Sasaki has lived up to his meme status for me. I used him for all of France.

I already mentioned that I've been getting some mileage out of St. George, but he mostly just fits into my team well as I rely on an Arts based berserker.

Mozart also seems like he'll be really good on my team but man his art is terrible.

I keep getting berzerker exp card. Why does it has to appear in every daily?

well there's no berserker-specific day, so they have to drop somewhere. There's no restriction on using them for other classes, and the bonus isn't THAT big, so it doesn't really matter that much.

Uthred

only 1/3 of the classes can be reasonably leveled up any given day.

How so? The class bonus is fairly minimal. I "reasonably" leveled up my units using off-class gold xp and got it all done fairly quickly at that.

Honestly F/GO feels much less work/more casual/whatever than GBF (and Blech BS, though I've largely dropped it).

Quonny

Yeah, there really is no point in matching EXP cards with their classes. I know leveling skills gets expensive as hell, but as a F2P I'm sitting on a boatload or EXP cards, 4mil QP, and 50+ Mana Prisms, with all my servants maxed.

Just go nuts, especially now when we don't have any events. Game at the moment is pretty casual. The grind only exists if you want it to, and seems largely like a waste of time with the atrocious drop rates when compared to upcoming events.

I only have Attila and have used friend Sabers. Their niche (besides killing Lancers) are slightly different.

Saber buffs the team so the early rounds are easier. Then you survive till Excalibur fires off once to kill the small fry letting you focus on the boss. The NP refund lets you possibly do it twice.

Atilla is more about just trying to survive the early rounds, since she has a small self heal.For the last round, use her skill to boost NP damage, Then fire off her NP to deal AOE and drop everyone's DEF, fire your other characters NP to take advantage of that DEF drop and watch things die in massive explosions. You could also take the more boring route and do it over multiple turns, but thats less fun.

xequalsy

I believe Attila has higher attack. Also from what I've seen people generally consider Attila better in the long run but I've still been focusing on Saber over her instead. Like her more. :p

Yeah, same here haha. I'm happy I got her now so I'm not as tempted to roll for her other alternate versions that I don't like as much anyway.

I already mentioned that I've been getting some mileage out of St. George, but he mostly just fits into my team well as I rely on an Arts based berserker.
Yeah good point about George. Also been thinking about getting Hassan up a bit because he has a "high" death chance NP. Could be useful in some bosses? The plan is to use Carmilla against female bosses in events and then a more general purpose Assassin for other riders.

elty

Well it would be better if it has auto battle and support multiple devices. It is not very work friendly at this point.

Mupod

yeah I can sneak in some grinding in FEH a bit easier at work than FGO. At least I've reached the point where if I drain my AP in the morning it's back by lunch. Pro strat is to enter a 40AP daily when I'm at exactly 40, but don't finish it. Then I complete it after my AP has already regenerated to 60+ and I end up with 120.

The AP costs are way too harsh IMO. Fire Emblem I can pretty much play until I'm sick of it, and I have huge numbers of stamina and dueling crest refill items. But I need to do silly amounts of planning ahead to play FGO for more than a short session. I know that's not what these games are meant for but I can't whip out my tablet anywhere I want.

Qurupeke

The AP costs are way too harsh IMO. Fire Emblem I can pretty much play until I'm sick of it, and I have huge numbers of stamina and dueling crest refill items. But I need to do silly amounts of planning ahead to play FGO for more than a short session. I know that's not what these games are meant for but I can't whip out my tablet anywhere I want.

That's my experience too. FEH's hardest training stages where just a small fraction of the max stamina, 40 AP quests are basically more than half of it at the moment. It certainly sucks when you complete 2 quests and you've drained the stamina in 10 minutes.

SeanTSC

Finally Ascended Altera again, yay. 61/70 now.

And did one last 10 pull. No 4* or 5* servants, but Formal Craft #3 and a Kaleidoscope. Good enough.

Umbooki

I think I've developed a man crush on Vlad. Of the two vampires, he's definitely the one that received more love. Where are my fancy Carmilla animations?

SeanTSC

Famous last words.

Didn't spend any money. Just used up all available Quartz. I only have 10 more I can get from the quest rewards, not counting ones from Interludes if I grind up more Servants, which wouldn't put me close to another 30 either.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Got my first 3* servant from the FP Gacha, and it was exactly what I wanted: FSN Cu.

I think it's nice how quickly AP can be drained in FGO. Less time commitment means more time for other things.

elty

So enhancers....

1* - sell
2* - use
3* off class - sell
3* on class - use
4* - use

make the most sense I think...?

So enhancers....

1* - sell
2* - use
3* off class - sell
3* on class - use
4* - use

If you can clear 40 AP Exp quest on a regular basis there's no reason to bother with any of he earlier ones except to burn 3*s for Mana Prisms.

Voror

So enhancers....

1* - sell
2* - use
3* off class - sell
3* on class - use
4* - use

Sell all but 4*, assuming you can easily clear the 40 AP quest.

Are enhancers the exp cards?

I think my biggest issue right now is with AP in the game. Early game the costs for Story aren't too high and with level ups you can stack pretty decent amounts. As time goes on this happens less and less though, which I'm guessing might have been on purpose as it helps keep the players going early game to the point they'll stay.

Granted, if they made everything cost a lot less then it would be really easy to grind the Dailies for stuff.
I see no problem with this.

Anyway, finally bear Orleans. Jeanne Alter actually gave me some trouble at first though I think the trouble was that I was trying to kill the dragons first. When I just focused on her
first (and got a triple Buster for Heracles first turn), I was able to clear it easy. Did the first few battles in Septem, but now just waiting for AP to build back up.

After I finish that and then do all the Free Quests, it'll probably be Dailies which will slow things down quite a bit due to cost.

Is the tier list found here accurate?: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/guide_faq.php#nav

Just curious as I have some of the ones listed as EX for the lower levels and wondering then if I may be using them wrong, though others I've yet to really invest in. For Robin Hood, he hasn't been too great thus far but I think I see the potential with using his Poison Debuff followed immediately with his NP for good damage. I've got Hans too, but haven't done much with him.

Am I right to understand with St. George that his use with 40 AP comes from making them all target him with his ability? Only thing there is it feels like he'd likely get killed really fast from the high level opponents unless he had a type advantage.

Looks like Sasaki Kojiro is not too great, though I'd read he can be quite useful.

Mupod

Can a single lv60 Jeanne friend handle the 40ap one? That's how I did the 30ap one.

it would get dicey, from experience. Need to ensure that you burn things down before their meters get charged up, and kill Berserkers fast. Jeanne is a tank but her damage isn't amazing and Berserkers hit her as hard as they do anything else. If all of those are dead she can pretty much solo a wave but it'll take a while.

the first time I beat the 40AP one I got a lot of use out of Cu Lancer and Sasaki Kojiro. I ended up needing to burn 3 command seals too, but haven't had to use them since.

I need a damage dealer. I'm using Jeanne, Medea and Martha for an Arts team. So far, Jeanne is both my healer and my main damage dealer, and Medea can both deal damage single target with her NP and charge NPs really really fast. My problem is that Martha isn't dealing as much damage as I'd like, especially being used to having Heracles one/two shot most enemies with my previous team.

Yesterday, I used a Vlad and seemed really nice, having two Arts cards and dealing huge damage, but the guy was not my friend so I didn't get to use his NP.

What would you guys recommend me to try to get? Or perhaps do any of you have a Vlad that could let me use it as support while I get mine?

x-Lundz-x

I just started getting into this game and having fun so far. Can someone give me a little help on what I should be doing to level up my characters? I guess you use exp shards or something to level them up and I can do up to 20 at a time? I just don't know what's the best way to somehow and done want to waste what I have so far. Thanks in advance.

I have Lily(sabre) Carmilla(assasin) and Mash (shielder) so far. I haven't done any more rolls yet I was saving up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just started getting into this game and having fun so far. Can someone give me a little help on what I should be doing to level up my characters? I guess you use exp shards or something to level them up and I can do up to 20 at a time? I just don't know what's the best way to somehow and done want to waste what I have so far. Thanks in advance.

I have Lily(sabre) Carmilla(assasin) and Mash (shielder) so far. I haven't done any more rolls yet I was saving up.

Do you want a 5* account? I have a vlad account to giveaway.

To answer your question, the best way to level up is to do the 20-30-40 AP quests that drop EXP cards. They are in the Chaldea gate.

Mupod

I need a damage dealer. I'm using Jeanne, Medea and Martha for an Arts team. So far, Jeanne is both my healer and my main damage dealer, and Medea can both deal damage single target with her NP and charge NPs really really fast. My problem is that Martha isn't dealing as much damage as I'd like, especially being used to having Heracles one/two shot most enemies with my previous team.

Yesterday, I used a Vlad and seemed really nice, having two Arts cards and dealing huge damage, but the guy was not my friend so I didn't get to use his NP.

What would you guys recommend me to try to get? Or perhaps do any of you have a Vlad that could let me use it as support while I get mine?

I have a 60 Vlad that is my main damage dealer (in the All slot) and will continue to be such for a long time. My goal is to run an Arts team with Tamamo, assuming I get her after saving until then. I'm on the spreadsheet already as Mu but here you go:

Let me know your username so I know to accept it amidst the flood of Mash faces.

edit: nevermind I see you on the list already.

Short of getting Vlad, Emiya has the highest attack out of dedicated Arts users right now.

x-Lundz-x

Do you want a 5* account? I have a vlad account to giveaway.

To answer your question, the best way to level up is to do the 20-30-40 AP quests that drop EXP cards. They are in the Chaldea gate.

No just two 4 star cards, I still have some summons I have not heard yet, I think like 65 shards or whatever they are. I shoulda those and see if I get a 5 star card?

I should say thank you for the offer but I don't want to take anyone's spare account I'm just trying to figure this out first so don't waste givin that awat to me. But I really appreciate the offer.

Yeah, I really want Jack the Ripper too. I might save until then, after I pull for Gilgamesh. Honestly, I'd probably pass over Gilgamesh too (though I really want him), but my account is still new, so I need to fill in a lot of gaps right now.

You won.

Enjoy that account!

Whew.

*fans self*

This, this is the one you want!

You have Jeanne + Waver, you're good, haha.

Anyway, I think I'll take a bit more time today to re-roll on my alternate device. I'm trying for Waver + another 5* (preferably Jeanne or Altria), and with the two free multi-pulls with each new account, it's a great time to try. Waver is an absolute must in any account I keep, though.

Another thought occurred to me, that it might be worth creating a number of accounts now, not spending a single SQ, and then creating transfer data after the tutorial ends. This way when Gilgamesh hits, after the launch promotions end and we get a pitiful amount of SQ for re-rolls, I'd have a number of mule accounts to transfer over, each granting me two multi-pulls per in trying for him. It takes something like ten minutes to clear the tutorial (as well as download the game), so it's not too bad. I might save five accounts just to see what happens.

Can someone tell me if this is possible? Were there some prerequisites in order to roll for Gilgamesh in the Japanese version? I want to know if it's possible to roll for him with newly created accounts (those with 65 SQ after the prologue).

Thanks.

Can someone tell me if this is possible? Were there some prerequisites in order to roll for Gilgamesh in the Japanese version? I want to know if it's possible to roll for him with newly created accounts (those with 65 SQ after the prologue).

Thanks.

The only prerequisite is having enough quartz until you get him.

Starting more accounts is just a means of getting more free quartz.

Well, I certainly wouldn't mind sharing my lv 60 Vlad. He is slotted in the Berserker slot.

ID 299,935,757

Thank you very much, but you seem to have max friends already.

I have a 60 Vlad that is my main damage dealer (in the All slot) and will continue to be such for a long time. My goal is to run an Arts team with Tamamo, assuming I get her after saving until then. I'm on the spreadsheet already as Mu but here you go:

Let me know your username so I know to accept it amidst the flood of Mash faces.

I need to change my FC in the list, that one is of an old account. My new one is 862506559, please delete the previous one, I sent you a new request.

Mupod

Added you, have fun.

anyways I need a buttload of 'Proof of Hero' for a couple ascensions I'll be doing, one of which is Emiya once we get our free 4*. Where should I farm those?

Mupod

my problem with a populated friends list is that I tend to use the same two Jeannes for everything and I have to refresh to find them, lol.

Deadly

Yikes almost wiped at the Chimera in Germania. Didn't expect Heracles to take so much damage. Always regret taking a support berserker in fights like these.

Shizuka

Hope you don't mind I added you, same username!

Sciel

The 40 AP Exp Quest is so goood.

I've been clearing it with my 60 Jeanne + 40 Rider / 40 Martha + 1 DPS. Usually pretty smooth (haven't failed...yet lol).

elty

I am still not entire sure how the combat system should work, so....

- Kill berzerker first because they do and take extra damage
- Accumulate NP on your DPS, so you can nuke the boss before his NP goes off
- Put your strongest card at the end because the bonus is larger

Anything I miss?

Mupod

Yikes almost wiped at the Chimera in Germania. Didn't expect Heracles to take so much damage. Always regret taking a support berserker in fights like these.

hell I lost a level 60 Vlad to one of the Carmilla fights in France. I had built up a full NP meter on a different character, Carmilla drained ALL of it and instantly NP'd him for 20,000.

on the 40AP dailies I've gotten pretty good at protecting him. Last few runs I ended with George, Jeanne and Vlad all still at full HP. It'll get much easier once I ascend George again.

RSchmitz

I am still not entire sure how the combat system should work, so....

- Kill berzerker first because they do and take extra damage
- Accumulate NP on your DPS, so you can nuke the boss before his NP goes off
- Put your strongest card at the end because the bonus is larger

Anything I miss?

The first card changes the effect of the others. For example if you choose a buster card first the others will deal more dmg. There´s also a bonus attack if you choose 3 cards of the same servant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom