• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one problem that isn't stated so much is that ... early FGO is kinda bad, and supposedly didn't hit its swing until six months in or so.

When the first events start hitting is when the real action starts. Right now we just have a bit of story and dailies. Not much to do yet except admire our waifus and husbandos.

Zafir

I have Tamamo Cat at level 50 and still plan on getting Herc. From what I understand Emiya won't truly be worth it until a while later. And for myself, I already have Robin Hood at lvl 40, and then Gilgamesh is going to be an archer option as well who I hope to pick up, so I think I'm fine for the Archer spot. If there were better 4* choices for Rider or Caster I may have gone for one of those, otherwise Herc is the default pick for me.
Well I feel like I've used up all my luck getting 3 5* servants so I ain't hopeful for Gil. I'll probably save up for the banner anyway mind you.

I dunno just like Archer so I'm just torn even though Berserker is clearly the better choice.

If only one could predict what they'll pull in the future!

So this is my team right now (I'm F2P).

MqgHSmq.jpg

I need some help figuring out what my next move is with my quartz. I'm thinking I want a top tier DPS to round out this group, The two servants I'm looking to try and pull are Gilgamesh and Jeanne (Alter) Based on the JP list of characters we won't get her for a couple months maybe half a year.

Should I blow my load on the Gilgamesh banner and then wait for Jeanne alter banner slowly accumulating pulls or should I keep all the stuff I've saved now and hopefully have like 300-400 quarts by then and try for Jeanne (Alter)? I'll probably have close to 100 quarts by the time Gil comes out.

Is Gil worth it or should I wait for super top tier Jeanne(alter)?

Pejo

ok... starting to not hate rerolling.. but do I reroll on this?

Emiya
Imaginary Around
Kaleidoscope

Seems like it might be worth keeping.

If you're going to be rerolling, you might as well roll for a 5*, imo. You'll get a 4* chooser later sometime so if Emiya is your favorite, just pick him with it. Waver is the one you're aiming for, or any other 5* that you like.

If you're ok with no 5*, then i'd at least reroll until I had multiple 4*.

Uthred

Is Gil worth it or should I wait for super top tier Jeanne(alter)?

Nearly all the major Japanese tier lists have J(A) at ~9.5 and Gil at ~9, a fairly marginal difference so I imagine if you could get Gil with 100 quartz he certainly would be "worth it". Of course the chances of getting him with 100 is another question all together.

Nearly all the major Japanese tier lists have J(A) at ~9.5 and Gil at ~9, a fairly marginal difference so I imagine if you could get Gil with 100 quartz he certainly would be "worth it". Of course the chances of getting him with 100 is another question all together.

Obviously nothing is guaranteed. Just trying to figure out the best way to use my quartz

Well assuming that 4* is always fixed in 10 pull then it should be 1-(99/100)^27 for getting at least one 5* and around 3/4 of those should be rate up servants :D

Beant

Does anyone have the math if it's better to get class pieces in the 10 ap duel quests, 20 ap duel quests or 30 ap duel quests? 30ap is a guaranteed drop which seems decent.

Key2001

I have been a bit tired of Dokkan Battle for awhile and decided to give this a try.

I tried rerolling a few times after my initial roll was so terrible. Out of these two, which would be ideal to continue with or would it be better to continue rerolling for something better?

First Account
Jeanne d'Arc (5*)
Altria Pendragon (Lily) (4*)
Atalante (4*)
Marie Antoinette (4*)
Stheno (4*)
Gilles de Rais (3*)
Robin Hood (3*)
Cu Chullainn (Prototype) (3*)
Alexander (3*)
Boudica (3*)
Ushiwakamaru (3*)
Mephistopheles (3*)
Jing Ke (3*)
Darius III (3*)
Lu Bu Fengxian (3*)

Second Account
Zhuge Liang (Lord El-Melloi II) (5*)
Vlad III (5*)
Altria Pendragon (Lily) (4*)
Heracles (4*)
Chevalier d'Eon (4*)
Atalante (4*)
Gaius Julius Caesar (3*)
Gilles de Rais (3*)
Robin Hood (3*)
Romulus (3*)
Ushiwakamaru (3*)
Alexander (3*)
Medusa (3*)

As for 5 Star CE, I have Kaleidoscope on the first account and Limited/Zero Over and Imaginary Around on the second account.

RSchmitz

I have been a bit tired of Dokkan Battle for awhile and decided to give this a try.

I tried rerolling a few times after my initial roll was so terrible. Out of these two, which would be ideal to continue with or would it be better to continue rerolling for something better?

First Account

Second Account

As for 5 Star CE, I have Kaleidoscope on the first account and Limited/Zero Over and Imaginary Around on the second account.

That second one is gold.

Zafir

First Account

Second Account

Second account is really solid.

Qurupeke

I finished Septem today and I'll probably finish the remaining Free Quests tomorrow. Other than material grinding and subsequently exp grinding, I think I'm done with most of the stuff in the game. I hope meaty events will start soon.

Doing some quick math and I'm thinking about using the two rolls to see if I can reroll some better 5's. My question is if I do this on a emulator does the transfer code work on an iPhone or will it be android only?

Finally reached the point where I can reliably clear the 40ap exp quests without a Jeanne. The combat system is starting to get a little more interesting at this level too. Now I just need to start Septem and go through the Free Quests/Interludes. Still feels like a good amount of stuff left to do!

The only thing I'm mildly sweating about right now is all the talk here of gacha rates during events. Even without needing the absolute best 5 star servants to progress, the thought of saving up multiple pulls of quartz for months only to fail in getting the character you want sounds rough. I enjoy the chase for gear with low drop rates in diablo clones and MMOs, but I'm not sure how I'll take to all this build up for a week long shotgun blast of dashed hopes and dreams. Still a lot I need to adjust to in the gacha life lol

Voror

I really should hurry up with Orleans, I keep grinding the daily stuff instead.

Same, I keep getting sidetracked wanting to level everyone up when I should probably just complete the story for now and then do the free quests.

I keep debating whether to use what I have for a 10 Roll or just save up for the coming events. I saw that the first should start in a couple days, but did they indicate which one was first? Looking at the JP list, Nero Festival should be first, yes?

I do wish AP costs for dailies weren't quite so high, though I guess the game would be too easy if they weren't and you could just spam the exp ones to max everyone out.

Finally reached the point where I can reliably clear the 40ap exp quests without a Jeanne. The combat system is starting to get a little more interesting at this level too. Now I just need to start Septem and go through the Free Quests/Interludes. Still feels like a good amount of stuff left to do!

The only thing I'm mildly sweating about right now is all the talk here of gacha rates during events. Even without needing the absolute best 5 star servants to progress, the thought of saving up multiple pulls of quartz for months only to fail in getting the character you want sounds rough. I enjoy the chase for gear with low drop rates in diablo clones and MMOs, but I'm not sure how I'll take to all this build up for a week long shotgun blast of dashed hopes and dreams. Still a lot I need to adjust to in the gacha life lol

How do you have things arranged to accomplish that? I've been wondering about toying around with my order for the party to make those easier.

Yeah, I'm about the same hearing all that. It's of course meant to encourage you to spend money and I'll admit it is super tempting at times. If only I were rich...

Pejo

What's the max cost you can get at the moment? I noticed I stopped getting one per level up at level 40 something.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
The servant I want to pull the most will be here in a few months. What I'm midly sweating about is how if I fail, there won't be another decent chance until late 2018/early 2019 going by Japan's schedule.

Azusa

What's the max cost you can get at the moment? I noticed I stopped getting one per level up at level 40 something.

Here:
http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Level

Our current cap is master level 130. JP has 140 level cap.

Its easy to get master level 100, but then it becomes more harder and harder to level up.

Just play with servants that loves you more. If you cant summon servant it means that you need to move on and try on the next banner, maybe next servant is for you.

I keep debating whether to use what I have for a 10 Roll or just save up for the coming events. I saw that the first should start in a couple days, but did they indicate which one was first? Looking at the JP list, Nero Festival should be first, yes?

The first event looks like it will just be doing a handful of missions to get a CE. The first rate up looks like it's Gilgamesh, but not related to the first event.

The question is, what exactly are you rolling for now? It's nice to show off a few more golds in your support list, until they start releasing the 5*s that make your eyes water. Like Gilgamesh.

Later on I figure we can try to roll for those, fail, and still get the very same guys we could roll for now as consolation prizes. Think about it, a year from now you will still be getting Siegfrieds and Stethos.

And if you're worried about the pool getting diluted with more servants... after a week with the 4*s and 5*s we have now I have realized there's nowhere to go but up. Except for getting Waver, anyway.

Deadly

Just finished Septem and it looks like that's it for content. Looks like I'll start on those Free Quests now.

I have to say I'm abit jealous of those multiple 5* + an actual good 4* accounts. Having Waver + Jeanne makes the damage sometimes slightly lacking especially when you run a story servant as support.

Voror

The first event looks like it will just be doing a handful of missions to get a CE. The first rate up looks like it's Gilgamesh, but not related to the first event.

The question is, what exactly are you rolling for now? It's nice to show off a few more golds in your support list, until they start releasing the 5*s that make your eyes water. Like Gilgamesh.

Later on I figure we can try to roll for those, fail, and still get the very same guys we could roll for now as consolation prizes.

And if you're worried about the pool getting diluted with more servants... after a week with the 4*s and 5*s we have now I have realized there's nowhere to go but up. Except for getting Waver, anyway.

Yeah, I was just looking at it now. Doesn't seem there are specific ones until the second one if they keep to the schedule. Is Gil getting the rate up at the same time as the first event?

In terms of golds, Waver, Vlad, Lancelot, Jeanne, and EMIYA. Also Cu Lancer, but I can get that one from Friend Summon

Looking at lists of future ones: Hession Lobo, Old Man of the Mountain, Gilgamesh, Altria Alter (Lancer), Kintoki, Cu Alter, Merlin, Scathach,and Jeanne Alter. Need to look up when they'll turn up.

Edit: Of course the vast majority of these are Limited Summons haha. Ah well.

You raise a good point though. Even if I don't get the ones I'm aiming for I can always hope for extras I already have for power up or ones I didn't get.

chrono01

Looks like I'm not spending a single Quartz until Christmas.
Yeah, I really want Jack the Ripper too. I might save until then, after I pull for Gilgamesh. Honestly, I'd probably pass over Gilgamesh too (though I really want him), but my account is still new, so I need to fill in a lot of gaps right now.

Also, rerolling got me a Zhuge Liang/Tamako Cat/Formal Craft account. I assume this is good enough to last me a while?
You won.

Enjoy that account!

Whew.

*fans self*

Second Account
This, this is the one you want!

Just finished Septem and it looks like that's it for content. Looks like I'll start on those Free Quests now.

I have to say I'm abit jealous of those multiple 5* + an actual good 4* accounts. Having Waver + Jeanne makes the damage sometimes slightly lacking especially when you run a story servant as support.
You have Jeanne + Waver, you're good, haha.

Anyway, I think I'll take a bit more time today to re-roll on my alternate device. I'm trying for Waver + another 5* (preferably Jeanne or Altria), and with the two free multi-pulls with each new account, it's a great time to try. Waver is an absolute must in any account I keep, though.

Another thought occurred to me, that it might be worth creating a number of accounts now, not spending a single SQ, and then creating transfer data after the tutorial ends. This way when Gilgamesh hits, after the launch promotions end and we get a pitiful amount of SQ for re-rolls, I'd have a number of mule accounts to transfer over, each granting me two multi-pulls per in trying for him. It takes something like ten minutes to clear the tutorial (as well as download the game), so it's not too bad. I might save five accounts just to see what happens.

How do you have things arranged to accomplish that? I've been wondering about toying around with my order for the party to make those easier.

Yeah, I'm about the same hearing all that. It's of course meant to encourage you to spend money and I'll admit it is super tempting at times. If only I were rich...
For starters, I got lucky with Waver and Heracles pulls near the beginning. Having ascended both, as well as Classic Cu and Robin Hood, once has given me a pretty solid lineup that can hit hard or evade long enough to get through at least 2 waves. The Emiya and Altera users on my friend list have helped a lot with rounding out my crew to counter the daily class type tendencies. Recognizing and taking advantage of class counters has been a pretty big deal I've found.

The servant I want to pull the most will be here in a few months. What I'm midly sweating about is how if I fail, there won't be another decent chance until late 2018/early 2019 going by Japan's schedule.
I've had my sights set on Raikou since I started, and it's looking like she won't have her own NA event till at least a year from now. Plenty of time for me to reach the gacha acceptance stage!

Good luck, though!

Just play with servants that loves you more. If you cant summon servant it means that you need to move on and try on the next banner, maybe next servant is for you.
Yeah, that's the mantra I'm gonna try to apply going forward. This being the first Fate anything I've engaged with after Melty Blood should hopefully save me from experiencing character loyalty for a while.

I'm using Jeanne, Martha and Medea Caster while I get Bazaka (or something else). Caster is really interesting since she gets her NP really, really fast and is a high damage, debuffing single target that recovers itself.

I'm using Martha because it's my only other 4* Servant, but her damage is underwhelming and she's mostly just for her Arts and the fact that she's hard to kill. Her NP is, too, useful and relatively quick to charge, but I don't know if she'll keep on being a good choice, as I'm just starting.

chrono01

Who's the best Servant available to pair up with Waver?
Your favorite waifu. He's so versatile, it's that easy!

Early on, I hear Heracles is a great choice, since he's somewhat squishy (although powerful as hell), and Waver's abilities can help protect him as well as increase his NP so he can fire it off.

But yeah, anyone works with Waver, just pair him with whoever you like best.

Articalys

I'm starting to feel like a scrub for wanting to just keep playing with a single 4* + single 5* account when apparently the smart thing to do is set up a ton of rerolled accounts primed to "cash in" once the servant you want finally shows up.

Or maybe this thread is just populated by mostly hardcore players.

I have found that Cu Caster is pretty decent all things considered. Since he has the 3 time evade like normal Cu he can survive for quite a bit. I slapped a projection on him and he seems to do well. Since my main team has ascended once already, I've just been leveling other servants and crossing my fingers I get those rare mats for 2nd ascensions.

I'm starting to feel like a scrub for wanting to just keep playing with a single 4* + single 5* account when apparently the smart thing to do is set up a ton of rerolled accounts primed to "cash in" once the servant you want finally shows up.

My rarest character is 4* Heracles. My team is 3* Cu Lancer, 3*Utawawawahowthehellyouspellit, Charlie Mash, and 3* Cu Caster who sometimes is subbed for 1* Kojiro. I can beat all the 40 ap quests quite fine. I beat Heracles Interlude, which is thanks to the Cu bros who can evade the crap out the chimera. I do think I probably need a better setup to kill the shadow berserker in Fuyuki though. But I have like 130 quartz and I haven't rolled anything except friend summons yet. I'm saving it for servants I might like (though I do want Waver eventually but I have a friend who has him).

chrono01

It's probably this.

The reason so many are re-rolling right now is because you get so many free SQ for doing your pulls. When those SQ are no longer offered, things will die down considerably.

Similar to you, I only have a single 4*/5* account, but I'm still re-rolling on my alternate device simply for fun to see what I get.

Voror

For starters, I got lucky with Waver and Heracles pulls near the beginning. Having ascended both, as well as Classic Cu and Robin Hood, once has given me a pretty solid lineup that can hit hard or evade long enough to get through at least 2 waves. The Emiya and Altera users on my friend list have helped a lot with rounding out my crew to counter the daily class type tendencies. Recognizing and taking advantage of class counters has been a pretty big deal I've found.

Nice, I got two Heracles on my free pull which gave him a nice boost to his NP starting right off. I've managed to Ascend him once so far along with Saber Alter, Robin Hood, Medea, Sasaki, and St. George. Haven't really used the latter too much yet. Still trying to get Cu Lancer. Thankfully he's only a 3* so I figure I can get him eventually.

I've got an Altria, but I'm still leveling her right now so she hasn't seen much action.

I haven't been paying attention to class counters as much as I probably should. Been trying to be more on top of it. Hopefully I'll be able to get through the 40 AP ones soon without needing a Command Spell.

sonicmj1

I didn't do any rerolling, and I just cleared all the main content without a 5* servant.

I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Waver should be extra-good with Emiya if the two of them are constantly arts-chaining to charge up each other's NPs. And before Waver gains any of his other skills he can still buff Emiya's crits.

I would like to know if this combo works out, actually.

I started playing as soon as I got account with my first 5* - no point wasting time imho :) Content so far is super easy anyway and there's no pvp.

Uthred

Similar to you, I only have a single 4*/5* account, but I'm still re-rolling on my alternate device simply for fun to see what I get.

Yep this is what I'm doing as well, while its fun having an alt account with two 5*, neither of them are Waver so I wont be replacing my main account with them because they'll "fade down the stretch". I'm also re-rolling much less aggressively, just a few times a day for the craic.

chrono01

Yep this is what I'm doing as well, while its fun having an alt account with two 5*, neither of them are Waver so I wont be replacing my main account with them because they'll "fade down the stretch". I'm also re-rolling much less aggressively, just a few times a day for the craic.
Yeah, it's a great way to "scratch that itch" when you feel like pulling on your main, haha.

Current lineup.

I know is trash but I am finishing Orleans and doing dailies level 3 and 4 missions using a Tamamo Cat from a friend and Jeanne in the campaign.

Currently have 105 Saints Quartz and three summon tickets saved for a event. I do REALLY want Jeanne or Arturia but I heard there may be an event than increases the % for Jeanne.

I want to improve Mash but I need the story to progress more.

Kenai

I only rerolled once but got great units (though to be fair my other 5* came from a random summon ticket pull and I had been planning on just rolling with that one 5* account after I quickly got bored rerolling more).

I can't imagine rerolling for multiple 5*s on the same account when even getting one is a 1% chance. I find the idea of hoarding for your favs more appealing (and scary, cause you know there's no promises on even a single 5* from a pile of quartz...)

Slashlen

I'm already in hoard mode, it's a little weird thinking I won't pull on the gatcha at all for probably a good 4 months(or whenever Scathach drops).

kewlmyc

Can you only level up a servant using those exp items in the server menu, or can you naturally level them up in combat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom