• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

patapuf

I got 2 different Cu Chulainn Lancers. Different Portrait and different stats.

Can i just fuse them or should i hold on to one of each?

Edit: ah, one is a prototype version. I think i'll hold on to them.

1. The first six months of fate were pretty rough content wise.
2. English fate grand order is also competing against Japanese fate, were people have established accounts and will be doing better, newer content.

English isn't competing against Japanese though, the hardcores who were playing JP version that actually speak Japanese or were playing without being able to understand the language were going to anyways.

It's like saying that WoW in China is competing against WoW in NA/EU. It's not. They are both still WoW. I mean the local publisher is different and someone else runs the servers but that's really marginal costs anyways, in the end Blizzard produces all the content and makes the majority of the profit.

Had a look at the iOS IAP statistics.

In Fire Emblem the whale-sized $75 refill is the least popular purchase. In FGO the $80 refill is the most popular purchase.

If this trend keeps up when Gilgamesh is released we'll have an idea of where things go from here.

Pro strat is to enter a 40AP daily when I'm at exactly 40, but don't finish it. Then I complete it after my AP has already regenerated to 60+ and I end up with 120.

By the way, this was great advice - thanks.

Quonny

The $80 purchase just gives you so much more free Quartz than anything else. If you're gonna spend, go for the $80. And yes, that is ridiculous.

Mupod

Not including playstyle or anything gameplay related, what's your favorite two servants so far and why?

I mean, just sticking to the pool of ones I have in this game, because I've followed Fate for a long ass time and I've got plenty of favorites. Obviously I'd pick Caster Tamamo if she was in so let's just leave her and her variants out.

Sasaki Kojiro is a really neat concept for a Servant. He's a fictional character who never existed, which would normally mean he can't be summoned. Nevermind that the Nasuverse is full of mythological beings that apparently all existed at some point.

Anyways, despite him being a made-up thing, there just happened to be a random farmer somewhere who was so fucking badass that he could perform Kojiro's signature technique, and he was able to be summoned into that role. I know you said not to bring gameplay stuff into the equation but it's hilariously appropriate to me that he's a super common 1 star character that happens to be really good, even revered amongst the game's community. The original thread where he gained that notoriety is the first exposure I ever had to this game and even though I usually write off mobile stuff, it made me look into it and I've wanted to play it ever since. But not quite enough to play a version I couldn't understand, of course.

Cu Chulainn is best bro no matter what he gets summoned as. Easily my favorite Servant in F/SN and HA, and it's cool that they explore some of his alternate viable classes in this. He stole the show in the First Order anime, which was a lot better than I expected it to be. I've only seen his future berserker form on the wiki though and was a bit disappointed that there's no warp spasm involved, it's just some weird Alter thing.

Draxal

English isn't competing against Japanese though, the hardcores who were playing JP version that actually speak Japanese or were playing without being able to understand the language were going to anyways.

It's like saying that WoW in China is competing against WoW in NA/EU. It's not. They are both still WoW. I mean the local publisher is different and someone else runs the servers but that's really marginal costs anyways, in the end Blizzard produces all the content and makes the majority of the profit.

The problem is that the hardcore crazies were most likely to be whales.

Had a look at the iOS IAP statistics.

In Fire Emblem the whale-sized $75 refill is the least popular purchase. In FGO the $80 refill is the most popular purchase.

If this trend keeps up when Gilgamesh is released we'll have an idea of where things go from here.

Heroes is stupid, because the most orbs per dollar spent (or equivlent currency) is $40.

Mupod

I feel like while it makes sense for them to pace the content updates, especially since localization has to happen, maybe they should accelerate adding Servants themselves to the game. There's a lot less to do to add them in and they are where the money is.

I mean in my case, there's no reason for me to spend money until my wife the character I want is in, since I'd just start a new account if I didn't get said character. But I'm totally fine with dropping some money on a game I'm enjoying.

mellow

I'm thinking I may just pick Herc from our free 4* pick so i can upgrade his NP since I own him already and he's wrecking everything, is this a bad idea? I have some decent 3*'s in other roles and a couple of other 4*'s already (Elisabeth and Tamamo Cat), I'm content with my team, was planning to get Emiya but I have Robin Hood already who I like and will spend all my SQ rolling for Gilgamesh, kinda want a decent Saber, I like the look of Siegfried aesthetically but I hear he's pretty useless

The End

What level's your Vlad? His stat growth is literally the opposite of Cat's. Cat gets the bulk of her stats early and late, whereas Vlad gains most of his stats in the middle levels (around 30 to 60).

29, and he's been sucking wind against lvl 25 guys.

Shouldn't have gone for the nap, could have grabbed that Jeanne that was posted right afterwards.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Are you using the Memu image from r/grandorder?

Using that I've got it down to like... 14 minutes but I'm unable to do another dozen times hoping for Jeanne or even Altera

I'm being extremely inefficient by using my iPad. I'm just deleting and reinstalling. While watch SGDQ

It was already taken :(

Do you want the next one?

EDIT:

Also, if you already have a 5* and taking accounts or you don't need it and you're taking it, don't be a douche. If someone is also giving you an account, do the courtesy of also responding and saying thanks. If non GAF lurkers are taking these accts, fuck you.

Zafir

Are you using the Memu image from r/grandorder?

Using that I've got it down to like... 14 minutes but I'm unable to do another dozen times hoping for Jeanne or even Altera
If your computer can handle it run multiple Memu instances. That's how people do it quicker. They reroll in multiple windows rather than speeding up getting through the tutorial since you can't control loading times etc.

Xiul

I'm being extremely inefficient by using my iPad. I'm just deleting and reinstalling. While watch SGDQ

Do you want the next one?

EDIT:

Also, if you already have a 5* and taking accounts or you don't need it and you're taking it, don't be a douche. If someone is also giving you an account, do the courtesy of also responding and saying thanks. If non GAF lurkers are taking these accts, fuck you.

Can I have one too? I want to Actually play the game but I am in reroll Hell right now, I just want Jeanne or altria if possible.

I'm thinking I may just pick Herc from our free 4* pick so i can upgrade his NP since I own him already and he's wrecking everything, is this a bad idea? I have some decent 3*'s in other roles and a couple of other 4*'s already (Elisabeth and Tamamo Cat), I'm content with my team, was planning to get Emiya but I have Robin Hood already who I like and will spend all my SQ rolling for Gilgamesh, kinda want a decent Saber, I like the look of Siegfried aesthetically but I hear he's pretty useless

Yeah, what you need is a good saber but there are none to be picked. Everyone else left to pick is strictly utility.

In this situation I think it's a crapshoot what you pick. I'm hoping we'll be able to roll for Gilgamesh and then pick, although that wouldn't really make business sense.

If nothing else, having a high-level Carmilla is raking in the friend points right now because so few people bother with assassins.

Hmm I've got most of my important servents maxed after first ascension. Should I still try to farm AP40 quest to get player levels ASAP to maximize my stamina ? Or go through story in hopes of farming materials for next ascensions ?

chrono01

Can someone tell me if this is possible? Were there some prerequisites in order to roll for Gilgamesh in the Japanese version? I want to know if it's possible to roll for him with newly created accounts (those with 65 SQ after the prologue).

Thanks.
It's definitely possible. SQ remains after you transfer, as long as you don't do it between different OS (I believe). So if you want to try re-rolling for Gilgamesh when he arrives (and all of the launch SQ are no longer given to new accounts), it might be worth creating a few spare accounts now, saving their transfer information, and then using the SQ when he arrives. With the launch, as well as the Anime Expo SQ, you'll get two multi-pulls per account.

Haha, I do the inefficient method of re-rolling too, by deleting/installing on my iPhone (just because Memu refuses to run on my PC and I'm afraid of future bans they might release if they know you used it).

Slow going. I was going for a Waver/Jeanne account, but I doubt that'll happen. I might create a few mules today to save for when Gilgamesh arrives.

chrono01

Hmm... Do all interludes give some kind of a buff to the Servant they are for? Or are they just fluff?
Some give SQ, others give abilities. Worth doing regardless, however, not to mention the story as well.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to get friend points passively... every time I log back in it tells me I got only 20 or so.
Just pull Gilgamesh and watch all of those mongrels clamour for you.

xequalsy

Not including playstyle or anything gameplay related, what's your favorite two servants so far and why?

Marie has grown on me from her story in Orleans. Wasn't a big fan of her before. Otherwise, I like Vlad the most, but it's not for any particularly deep reasons haha. It's a bit weird this Vlad seems to be the Berserker over the looks of Lancer Vlad from EXTRA though.

chrono01

Jeanne. Man... rolling for a Jeanne Waver is rough.
Haha, yeah. I really want Jeanne + Waver too, damn it! It's a difficult situation, since I want Waver for his usefulness but Jeanne because she's ultimate waifu material. My heart is torn, unless I can manage both.

I feel like having your own Waver and using friends' Jeannes is already living the dream.

You get to spam invincibility buffs and you still get to ascend actual other servants.

chrono01

I feel like having your own Waver and using friends' Jeannes is already living the dream.

You get to spam invincibility buffs and you still get to ascend actual other servants.
whynotboth.gif

But yeah, you really only need one and friend the other, but I want em' both for collector's reasons. >_<

elty

Any of my 3* worth using?

Lu Bu
Medea
Jing Ke
Cu Lancer
Cu caster
JGaius Julius Caesar
Romolus
Alexander
Ushiwakamaru
Boudica

xequalsy

Lu Bu
Medea
Jing Ke
Cu Lancer
Cu caster
JGaius Julius Caesar
Romolus
Alexander
Ushiwakamaru
Boudica

I like Cu Lancer a lot (though I'm not sure how good the prototype version is), since even at just the first ascension, his two skills work quite well together to make him hard to kill. It's nice to have him as a panic button at the end of tough fights and sometimes he clutches it out.

Lu Bu
Medea
Jing Ke
Cu Lancer
Cu caster
JGaius Julius Caesar
Romolus
Alexander
Ushiwakamaru
Boudica

Caesar is a better saber than any of the 4* sabers you can roll on a new account.
Ushiwakamaru has the best party attack buff short of a 5* and has the only party NP gain buff.
Medea has a built-in Kaleidoscope.
Cu lancer as above.

Alexander and Boudica are good... for burning for mana prisms.

elty

Does the daily free friend summon reset every 24 hours or a specific time? I am not getting one today for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom