• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

BASAKA WA DARENIMO MAKENAI, SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TSUYOI DAKARA!

Note: Spoilers for a fight that occurs way in the future for us. And yes, it is possible to beat him with a normal team. This way is however far more awesome.
I won't watch, due to spoilers, but I will take your word for it that's it's awesome.

Do we finally know when this will happen?
Nope, people are guessing when Facebook runs through all ten of the available 4* Servants. They only have a few more to list, so probably in the next couple of days.

Articalys

Considering theres zero PvP and you have options to take on the story classes I'm not really sure how much of a real issue it is.
Because, quite frankly, I don't want to always have to waste my support slot on Saber coverage, and my only personal options are Lily, Gilles, and Caesar, the former being too weak and the latter being someone I'd rather not use.

The saber problem... I say I'm saving my quartz for Gilgamesh, but considering my actual chances of pulling Gilgamesh I'm actually hoping on pulling Saber Alter or Nero to finally fill my saber slot.

Those two not being pullable on account creation is really why the saber problem exists.

Khezu

Caesar is best Saber, don't hate.

Also speaking of Herk.

Uh, why does he have Nine Lives as his NP? I'm pretty sure he isn't supposed to be able to do that as the Berserker class.

Emiya has more right to that attack then Herk does.

Uthred

Because, quite frankly, I don't want to always have to waste my support slot on Saber coverage, and my only personal options are Lily, Gilles, and Caesar, the former being too weak and the latter being someone I'd rather not use.

And if there was better distribution you'd have magically gotten the classes you need? Or they'd meet your arbitrary standards for personal usage preference?

Articalys

And if there was better distribution you'd have magically gotten the classes you need? Or they'd meet your arbitrary standards for personal usage preference?
To the first, no, but at least they would have been available. And to the second... well, yes? Is that not allowed as an opinion?

BaconHat

Also speaking of Herk.

Uh, why does he have Nine Lives as his NP? I'm pretty sure he isn't supposed to be able to do that as the Berserker class.

Maybe when the second or third Heaven Feel movie drop in theaters there will be a
Shirou
character added with the move.
Man, that would be awesome.

Also speaking of Herk.

The answer of course is that Grand Order is a different timeline from F/SN and in this one he can use it because reasons.

He doesn't seem to have God Hand in this incarnation though. Oh well.

Neki

If I want to level up Jeanne, which essences should I be using? Should I be using the ones they gave me at the beginning?

Ala Alba

Saber Lily is basically a 3* servant with the resource cost of a 4*. Her stats are still (slightly) better than all 3* Sabers, and her NP scales better than most AoE servants (though that will have to wait until Saber Wars).

Her skills are also a decent mix of party support and personal damage buffs.

She's not completely terrible, she's just terrible for a 4* servant.

chrono01

I just hit a Waver + Vlad account. O_O

No waifu, though. So many husbando.

Edit: Wait, I've been reading that Waver + Vlad + Tamamo (who I can choose with my ticket) is one of the best Arts team in the game, even now. Well damn, I might have found my new main...

Khezu

Maybe when the second or third Heaven Feel movie drop in theaters there will be a
Shirou
character added with the move.
Man, that would be awesome.

Oh related, but the new Prisma movie coming out focusing on
Miyu SHirou.

That dude would also make a great character, he abuses the Prisma power scaling and does some crazy shit.

chrono01

They mean Tamamo Caster, not Tamamo CAT.

I don't know why I linked that. Probably because it's funny. And slightly uncomfortable.
Oh, gotcha. Figured it wouldn't be that easy, haha.

Anyway, I NEED FRIENDS AGAIN! My setup is:

Waver/VladSaber/Cu Lancer/Ushi

Preferably higher-level people, so I can grind the higher XP dailies and get all of these characters leveled up, but I'll take whatever I can until I hit the cap. BTW, how do we change the User ID listed in the Google Doc, that even possible?

My ID is: 797,754,337

Thanks!

Ascended Waver with a perfectly timed Great Success that got him just under level 50.

Now I'm off to save France, without an assassin but with a caster who doesn't even give a shit about his class disadvantage.

You won't need my Waver support, so sending along my assassin and lancer support.

pahamrick

Preferably higher-level people, so I can grind the higher XP dailies and get all of these characters leveled up, but I'll take whatever I can until I hit the cap. BTW, how do we change the User ID listed in the Google Doc, that even possible?

Thanks!

Sent you a friend request, account name is Paul

Have a level 60 Altera Saber, Level 50 Altria Alter Saber, Level 50 Carmilla Assassin and a Level 50 Tamacat Berserker.

Altera, Carmilla and Tama have Kaleidoscope so they should help decently out on some of the XP dailies.

chrono01

Thanks guys/gals, keep those requests incoming! :)

You won't need my Waver support, so sending along my assassin and lancer support.
I'm okay with whatever, but consider the Friend Request accepted! Are you yskev?

Sent you a friend request, account name is Paul

Have a level 60 Altera Saber, Level 50 Altria Alter Saber, Level 50 Carmilla Assassin and a Level 50 Tamacat Berserker.

Altera, Carmilla and Tama have Kaleidoscope so they should help decently out on some of the XP dailies.
Also, accepted! Much appreciated.

Will work on leveling Waver/Vlad ASAP.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Thanks!

Game is only a week old but I couldn't imagine starting all over. Good luck tho :)

xequalsy

Thanks!

Request sent, not sure what you wanted to do with your old account, so I'll keep that added as well just in case since the level 60 Waver was so helpful initially. Maybe you'll roll Gilg on one and not the other :p

Everyone else already seems to have enough to help you out, but I've got more than enough Sabers to spare in case you were in need of those haha.

chrono01

senpai, what will u do with your other acc now?
I have a friend who's been debating getting into the game, so I'll probably offer it to them. If they pass on it, I'll just make a post and give it away here. It's nothing special, with Waver being the only 5* and the only 4* being Marie (although Marie is pretty awesome, love her background story). It doesn't even have any good CE, lots of SQ saved up though (was aiming for Gilgamesh, so there goes that idea).

Hard starting over, though. Feel so underpowered, and I had all three maps finished. Oh well, better to start over now then in a few months time. I was kind of unhappy with my account, since I wanted a two 5* start, so I'm just happy I finally got one. Time well-spent, maybe? Not needed I know, but feels nice.

Game is only a week old but I couldn't imagine starting all over. Good luck tho :)
Yeah, I think I'm a little insane for doing it, but choices were made. Going to power through the story content as fast as possible, after leveling my characters, to try and catch up again. At least I can skip through all of the story stuff, having read it all already. Man, not looking forward to Orleans though...damn riders.

Request sent, not sure what you wanted to do with your old account, so I'll keep that added as well just in case since the level 60 Waver was so helpful initially. Maybe you'll roll Gilg on one and not the other :p
Thanks!

Yeah, if my friend doesn't want it I might just keep it as an alternate account to see what happens when Gilgamesh hits. As for other accounts, I have a couple fresh Waver accounts (with better pulls than my current) as well as an Altria account I'll post in the thread in a bit to give those away (if people are interested).

SeanTSC

Thanks!

Sent. Also have a 50 Carmilla that eats up Wyverns.

Articalys

The best I have is a level 30 Jeanne, so, sorry, I'll pass.

Also rerolled on my tablet since I was bored, using both 10x gachas available, and got tutorial Marie then Jeanne/Kaleidoscope/Formalcraft.

I should really stop since I'm using up all my luck now and won't have any left for my main account in the future.

chrono01

The best I have is a level 30 Jeanne, so, sorry, I'll pass.

Also rerolled on my tablet since I was bored, using both 10x gachas available, and got tutorial Marie then Jeanne/Kaleidoscope/Formalcraft.

I should really stop since I'm using up all my luck now and won't have any left for my main account in the future.
I don't mind, I'm accepting anyone at the moment (until I hit the cap). If you're a GAF member, I don't really care what you have. :)

That's actually a pretty nice re-roll too. Let's hope that wasn't your Gilgamesh luck.

miku

I was kind of unhappy with my account, since I wanted a two 5* start, so I'm just happy I finally got one. Time well-spent, maybe? Not needed I know, but feels nice.

starting over just because of that shitty vlad:

eXu2GvS.jpg

i feel like its only worth it if u pulled

jannu+waver

or

jannu+saber+altera

chrono01

starting over just because of that shitty vlad:

eXu2GvS.jpg

i feel like its only worth it if u pulled

jannu+waver

or

jannu+saber+altera
Yeah, Waver + Jeanne was who I was aiming for, but considering how long it took me to re-roll on iOS, I kind of called it at two 5* start.

Plus, if I ever manage to get Tamamo Caster, I'll have a great setup. As for me actually getting her...

I don't believe Vlad is considering to be "shitty" at all. He's still sitting at 7.5 on the Japanese tier list, and while he's a bit squishy, having Waver means I can help protect him. I wasn't able to play the account the day after launch, so I'm only losing about five days progress, which isn't too bad. It's just a shame having to re-level everything, but content is slow right now so it's not exactly stressing.

I know I'm a little bit crazy for starting over, but I'm okay with that.

Sent. I'm Nightengale.

That being said, my lineup is only level 40 TamaCat, Liz, Marie & level 30 Mashu right now. Not great but what can you do when RNGesus hates you.
No worries, if you're GAF I accept! RNGesus hates us all, from time-to-time. :)

Zafir

Thanks!
Added. I've got a level 53 Jeanne with Kaleidoscope and a level 50 Altria with Heaven's Feel equipped on share at the moment. Should help.

vareon

What happens after you exchanged your Mana Prisms for the 5th ticket? You just can't get tickets anymore until next year?

Azusa

What happens after you exchanged your Mana Prisms for the 5th ticket? You just can't get tickets anymore until next year?

1 year in FGO terms means indefinite. Staff have to turn on monthly reset at some point. Its just there wasnt any shop in JP FGO at the beginning and its hard to say when aniplex usa will turn on monthly shop resets.

alpha69

I tried re-rolling on a whim after remembering I had an extra android device lying around and somehow drew Altera (the one I really wanted in the first place) on first try.

Guess I'll be doing over lol.

So... I need friends again to plow through dailies. :)

Hope it was okay to add my new account to the friend list.

Kenai

On that note, once I've bought all available tickets, should I not buy anything else and just start stockpiling prisms?

I would like to know this too, although I don't personally find exp cards for that prism price very interesting since they are farm-able from dailies.

chrono01

On that note, once I've bought all available tickets, should I not buy anything else and just start stockpiling prisms?
From what I heard, other items are later added to the Mana Prism Exchnage (CE, maybe?), so it's best to save after you purchase all of the available tickets. EXP cards are easy enough to farm anyway.

I tried re-rolling on a whim after remembering I had an extra android device lying around and somehow drew Altera (the one I really wanted in the first place) on first try.

Guess I'll be doing over lol.

So... I need friends again to plow through dailies. :)

Hope it was okay to add my new account to the friend list.
Congrats! I'll add you in a second.

Oh, my Waver is Level 47, almost to 50 and I can ascend him! Then to work on my Vlad. Thanks to everyone on my Friend List for the carry, makes farming the 30AP doable right now, and the 40AP once I level up a bit more.

miku

I don't believe Vlad is considering to be "shitty" at all. He's still sitting at 7.5 on the Japanese tier list, and while he's a bit squishy, having Waver means I can help protect him.

he's not, but i dont like him, so he's useless to me :p

chrono01

he's not, but i dont like him, so he's useless to me :p
Haha, fair enough!

BTW, I think my game is glitched. I have a 5* Servant in my party list that's only classified as 3*. I looked several times and I'm pretty sure I'm not seeing things. His name is "Cu Chulainn", and he's the Lancer variant (not the Caster or Prototype ones). There's no way he's 3*, not with the work that guy puts in.

Quonny

Ascended my Lancer Cu because I have forty million Lancer monuments.

dogsweating.gif

Shirtless and that second skill. Oh my.

Sciel

Saber Alter getto. I am happy.

Noticed that if you get something thats new, the Grail animation freezes for a split second or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom