• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

you know I was dead set on Emiya as my free 4* but Chevalier D'eon seems like a perfect support for Vlad. There are so very few characters with a 3-turn taunt, George has been working well but he's only 2* and not at all cute. My only Saber at all is Lily and she seems pretty bad.

In the extreme long term, his max bond CE seems to be the same that Caster Tamamo gets, increasing Arts performance for all allies on the field. Do those stack?

Ala Alba

Well, right. My point is that every rate-up for Gilgamesh in the future is alongside other rate-up SSRs. Sometimes like ten of them, so this really is the only time when he's the only 5* rate-up.

But point made about the CEs.

Not quite. Generally, there is never more than 2 5* servants on rate up at the same time in the same rate-up. For example, in the first new year's rate up, that's a different single servant on rate up for every day. For the F/Z prep rate up, that's alternating Altria and Gil on every other day.

Azusa

you know I was dead set on Emiya as my free 4* but Chevalier D'eon seems like a perfect support for Vlad. There are so very few characters with a 3-turn taunt, George has been working well but he's only 2* and not at all cute. My only Saber at all is Lily and she seems pretty bad.

In the extreme long term, his max bond CE seems to be the same that Caster Tamamo gets, increasing Arts performance for all allies on the field. Do those stack?

Generally all bond CE are the same. Only few exceptions like herc bond CE with guts.

Not quite. Generally, there is never more than 2 5* servants on rate up at the same time in the same rate-up. For example, in the first new year's rate up, that's a different single servant on rate up for every day. For the F/Z prep rate up, that's alternating Altria and Gil on every other day.

That's excellent information. Thanks!

I still need to figure out which mission I need to do to get statues/monuments. Every time I do one of the dailies they never seem to drop.

Voror

I can now reliably do the 40 AP quests now. I've got all my good Servants at max now and ascended once except Altria, who I'm working on. Once I've got her ascended once and at max, I guess it will be farming for materials to further ascensions for everyone else as far as I can.

Are the Free Quests pretty much the best means of farming those? Or would some of the other dailies work too? I'm not sure if those might be better for just the figures or not.

Any reason to stock up on Summon Tickets or just use as you get them? Like if I get 10 do you get a free 10 Roll using them?

OVDRobo

Feeling a little guilty that I'll probably roll on the Gilgamesh banner for a chance at Berserker Lancelot.

I understand that generally if you pull a 4 or 5* servant on a banner, it's likely to be a banner character rather than an off-banner one due to the low draw rate for those rarities, but can anyone with more experience with the Japanese version give me a general idea of how rare 4*s are on banners?

I don't really want any of the other characters on this banner including Gil himself, but aside from the 'Da Vinci-chan's Choice' banner which I'm not even certain we'll get due to its irrelevance, Berserker Lancelot doesn't appear on any other banners outside of the 'Fate/Zero Accel prep' one several months ahead.

Basically what I'm asking is - is there any good general rule for pulling like - 'Have 500 SQ if you're looking for a 5*'.

Feeling a little guilty that I'll probably roll on the Gilgamesh banner for a chance at Berserker Lancelot.

I understand that generally if you pull a 4 or 5* servant on a banner, it's likely to be a banner character rather than an off-banner one due to the low draw rate for those rarities, but can anyone with more experience with the Japanese version give me a general idea of how rare 4*s are on banners?

I don't really want any of the other characters on this banner including Gil himself, but aside from the 'Da Vinci-chan's Choice' banner which I'm not even certain we'll get due to its irrelevance, Berserker Lancelot doesn't appear on any other banners outside of the 'Fate/Zero Accel prep' one several months ahead.

Basically what I'm asking is - is there any good general rule for pulling like - 'Have 500 SQ if you're looking for a 5*'.

Gatcha rates (checkable in game, theres a button near the summon)
★ Servant Craft Essence
5 1% 4%
4 3% 12%
3 40% 40%

So 1 % for 5* , 3% for 4%. Expected value is therefore 1 5* every 100 rolls, and its 3 quartz per roll so 300 quartz. That said, the variance is really high, and a 100 rolls is a small sample size (relatively speaking) so be prepared. (1 - 0.01)^100 = 0.366, so you have a 36.6% chance of not getting a 5* after a hundred rolls. Or to put it another way, roll a dice, and if you get 1 or 2, you don't get a 5* Servant with your 300 quartz.

Also, rate up is i think a 70% chance to get the servant advertised, so its probably lower than that.

This is why rerolling is pretty much a F2Pers only chance of guaranteeing a 5* that you want, so if you really want Jeanne/Waver (or Gil with the upcoming banner), its probably better to bite the bullet and reroll.

Ala Alba

You're in luck: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/6l8y2n/return_of_the_mathematics_fgo_usa_edition/

Clov

Just started playing recently. Is there a list of what servants are available in the English version yet? There's a few servants I want, but I don't want to waste my Saint Quartz if they're not there.

Just started playing recently. Is there a list of what servants are available in the English version yet? There's a few servants I want, but I don't want to waste my Saint Quartz if they're not there.

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_all.php#nav

Everything from 1-59 in this list is currently in the game, except for Gilgamesh, Kintoki, and Euryale.

Gil will be on the limited Rate-up tomorrow, Kintoki should have his own event soon, and Euryale will be activated for Okeanos

elty

So I accidentally lost the 40AP daily, got the "do you want to withdraw" window then I got disconnected. Came back to resume battle and I am back to the round before I die, so it looks like you can do S/L similar to FFRK and save yourself some death.

OVDRobo

Thanks for this. I don't frequent Reddit but it's a good source of information sometimes. This topic seems to be mainly focused on the chances of pulling a 5* but it's easy enough to apply to 4*s.

I guess I'll go for some rolls for safety's sake since Lancelot's by far my favourite Berserker character (though Herc outclasses him in a lot of situations practically-speaking) and getting him outside of his very scarce rate-ups is probably going to be tough. Just so long as I can gather up enough SQ for the next character I really like I should be fine.

Fully prepared to spend all my quartz and not get him too, of course. Good old gacha.

RSchmitz

So I accidentally lost the 40AP daily, got the "do you want to withdraw" window then I got disconnected. Came back to resume battle and I am back to the round before I die, so it looks like you can do S/L similar to FFRK and save yourself some death.
I have no idea what S/L and FFRK means, but when I was lvling up and starting the 40ap dailies I did close the app if the enemies attack the wrong servant. You can´t let the turn end though, gotta close fast.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's tempting to reroll for the godly Gil and Waver account but can't abandon my Lancelot. Love that guy. I'll have to rely on my one 10-pull. Come on RNG!

If I download new apk version on the same device do I have to use transfer code each time ?

That I don't know for sure. Technically it should be the same, as the data should be compatible with the same app because nothing really changes, like how you can access your data even if you uninstall an app, but I'd get the transfer code just in case, plus as a security measure.

Voror

Man I really do want Lancelot and Gil. I'll have enough for two 10 rolls tomorrow. I'm almost tempted to buy SQ even though I know what a slippery road that is.

Took a peak at Robin Hood's final art after ascending him once.

I'm feeling weird things.

Lol some of those final ones are kind of funny at times. Some just look awesome and others are just kind of weird like Saber Alter's. It's not bad just a bit different.

Robin is great though. Dude is very useful once he gets going.

xequalsy

Ready to die of salt overload tomorrow!

Guess we also finally have a date for the free 4*. Torn here between Siegfried for reasons, or EMIYA/Tamamo Cat for gameplay. Guess I'll have to see what I roll when I spend everything for Gilg.

The End

Ready to die of salt overload tomorrow!

Guess we also finally have a date for the free 4*. Torn here between Siegfried for reasons, or EMIYA/Tamamo Cat for gameplay. Guess I'll have to see what I roll when I spend everything for Gilg.

I get Emiya but Cat over herc?

Pejo

fate/extella comes out for pc this month, announced today

DAMMIT, literally just bought the NP version for PS4 last week. I'd been holding out all this time hoping for PC version. Well, not going to buy it until deep discount then.

The End

supposedly the PC version won't have all of the costume DLC included like the Switch version.

(and FGO has sold me on F:ETUS so I've been watching for a deal on it like a hawk, pissed I didn't jump on the PSN sale for $17.99 a couple weeks ago)

Mupod

I think I'm still gonna go with Emiya. I searched around a bit and I don't really see anybody talking about using D'eon as a tank for an Arts team so maybe I won't need him/her.

fate/extella comes out for pc this month, announced today

I thought about picking this up, never played a musou game before so I figure I might as well see if I hate it. And I mean I suffered through Fate Extra's godawful rock paper scissors for Tamamo so I could probably put up with anything. I hear it's pretty Nero-centric though.

Eh, maybe on sale. I'm short on time these days.

Voror

I was thinking of picking Emiya for my free one, but is he not a great choice over the others? I got double Herc on my practice roll and haven't rolled any of the other starters yet.

Pejo

Where's the announcement for our 4* selector that you guys are talking about? I looked on Reddit and didn't see anything about it. Is it coming with Gilgamesh?

The End

I was thinking of picking Emiya for my free one, but is he not a great choice over the others? I got double Herc on my practice roll and haven't rolled any of the other starters yet.

IIRC Emiya has some of the highest raw damage output, plus he's effective against sabers (which there are a shit-ton of)

dragn

DAMMIT, literally just bought the NP version for PS4 last week. I'd been holding out all this time hoping for PC version. Well, not going to buy it until deep discount then.

i bought the ps4 version 45min ago and saw the pc trailer 10min later. and i cant cancel the order

xequalsy

Where's the announcement for our 4* selector that you guys are talking about? I looked on Reddit and didn't see anything about it. Is it coming with Gilgamesh?

If it's the same as the 3M download campaign in JP, Part 2 is the free 4* choice. At the end of the news post for the 66,666 twitter likes (what a event milestone lol), we get dates for Part 2 but no details.

Ala Alba

I think I'm still gonna go with Emiya. I searched around a bit and I don't really see anybody talking about using D'eon as a tank for an Arts team so maybe I won't need him/her.

The problem with using D'eon as a tank is that his taunt is his third skill, so you won't get it until you can ascend D'eon three times.

This early on, you're better off using George. Like D'eon, he has two arts cards and an arts NP, so he's just as good in an arts team.

Voror

IIRC Emiya has some of the highest raw damage output, plus he's effective against sabers (which there are a shit-ton of)

I've read he starts out kind of meh but gets quite good once he gets his strengthening quests, which admittedly we might not get for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom