• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

So the 40 AP exp daily can be "solo" by a lv61 Jeanne friend. Not really that hard if you time your skill properly.

Mupod

Finally got to Ascend Tamamo Cat. Man she sure is adorable in that maid outfit.

I peeked at her third sprite and sweatingman.jpg

speaking of berserker ascensions I've been getting double berserker piece drops sort of regularly from the 30AP daily. If I keep this up today I can probably get enough for Vlad's second ascension even though I burned some on Tamamo Cat too. Problem is these reverse dragon scales...I have exactly one, from the story. Getting 2 more is going to suck isn't it?

Azusa

So the 40 AP exp daily can be "solo" by a lv61 Jeanne friend. Not really that hard if you time your skill properly.

Yeah most hard battles can be done easily if you know your servants and use their skills in the right time. Only when you are overpowered you can just bruteforce the stages and use cards to finish it faster.

I peeked at her third sprite and sweatingman.jpg

speaking of berserker ascensions I've been getting double berserker piece drops sort of regularly from the 30AP daily. If I keep this up today I can probably get enough for Vlad's second ascension even though I burned some on Tamamo Cat too. Problem is these reverse dragon scales...I have exactly one, from the story. Getting 2 more is going to suck isn't it?
Naked apron is how she shows her love for her Master. <3

Uthred

Gilgamesh is coming tomorrow with ten free quartz and 3 tickets.

Every time I think I'm done re-rolling...Diving back in for dat Waver+Gil dream team. Though losing a weeks grinding will sting a bit I suppose. Hopefully I can just pull Gil with the meagre quartz I have on my Waver account.

Seems they're giving a fair amount of stuff:

10 Saint Quartz
3 Summon Tickets
3 Million QP
3 4* XP All cards
15x Gems for all classes
5x Magic gems for all classes
2 x Secret gems for all classes
Dragons Reserve Scale
Heart of the Foreign God
Crystallised Lore

Reminder that the free 20 Expo quartz campaign ends one minute before Gil arrives and you can only get the ten free quartz and tickets for the Gil campaign if your account exists before the next daily reset. So if you want to esports your rerolling make a billion accounts right now and save their codes.

Zafir

So much for saving up for him lol. Oh well.

Think I have enough to do 2 10 and 3 or so single pulls and that's it.

Baalzebup

Nice. I haven't spent a single Quartz or ticket since beginning, so I have a decent number of pulls to try to get Goldy. No fucking way I'm rerolling though.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that was earlier than expected. I hope this doesn't mean they're fast tracking the other SSRs, I need more time to hoard.

I like Gilgamesh and all, but I don't know if I like him enough to reroll for him.

Azusa

Wow, that was earlier than expected. I hope this doesn't mean they're fast tracking the other SSRs, I need more time to hoard.

I like Gilgamesh and all, but I don't know if I like him enough to reroll for him.

Its not early at all. So far we are using Taiwan FGO timeline.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Good thing that Gil is garbage* or I might be tempted to reroll.

*from a character perspective

You mean the best from a character perspective.

xkfrD.jpg

0qgbRhh.gif

Zafir

Don't think i can be bothered rerolling for Gil as much as I want him.

Although I got my Jeanne account pretty early on after only 6 or 7 rerolls. After that (but before I got that crazy multi pull with Saber and Attila) I did do quite a lot of rerolls on my second/old phone and pc while I was doing other stuff looking for Waver. Think I did like 40 rerolls and didn't see any more 5*s never mind Waver. I think I'm pretty happy with my account having more than one 5* servant considering that... I value my time too much.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Its not early at all. So far we are using Taiwan FGO timeline.
I'm not resourceful enough to find the Taiwan timeline for reference, so like many others, I was looking at the Japan timeline. But even before that, I wasn't expecting him to release until after the 40-something free quartz was over.

Gil is one of the most common Limited Rate-up Servants. So if you feel you're not ready to whale for him now, don't. Be patient and he'll be back in the Rate-Up gacha soon enough.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Our own discord channel will be going up later today. If you have questions or requests pm me. I'll provide the link later. Thanks.

T-Rex.

Banned
Gilgamesh is an ass, but that's why I like him so much. I'll probs only use my tickets trying to get him though, and I'll save my quartz for Scatach.

Azusa

I'm not resourceful enough to find the Taiwan timeline for reference, so like many others, I was looking at the Japan timeline. But even before that, I wasn't expecting him to release until after the 40-something free quartz was over.

TW FGO:

5/18 - Official Launch
5/18-5/25: FSN campaign (rate up on the original FSN servants)
5/26-6/3: gilgamesh rate up
6/3-6/12: nerofest
6/12-6/19: moon dango event
6/19-6/26: kintoki/saber alter rate up
6/27-7/3: orleans rate up
7/3-7/19: halloween event

Taiwan FGO has halloween event now and after that they should get the next story map.

Uthred

Seems we're getting the free 4* as well?

"Commencement of Master Recruitment Campaign Exchange
Commencement of First Order Release Celebration Quest
New Servants and Craft Essences added

New CE that will be introduced and have a rate up during the event:

Prisma Cosmos 5*
Normal Effect - Unit gains 8% NP each turn
4th Limit Break Effect - Unit gains 10% NP each turn

Holy Shroud of Magdalene 4*
Normal Effect - 25% increases defense against Male enemies.
4th Limit Break Effect - 30% increases defense against Male enemies.

Sealing Designation / Enforcer 4*
Normal Effect - Increases unit's critical star absorption by 600%
4th Limit Break Effect - Increases unit's critical star absorption by 800%

That last one seems nuts for crit teams

Mupod

A free reverse dragon scale will be very helpful. So all I need is to find one more, and farm this berserker piece daily like crazy today.

Nice. I haven't spent a single Quartz or ticket since beginning, so I have a decent number of pulls to try to get Goldy. No fucking way I'm rerolling though.

yeah part of me wants to re-enter reroll hell for a double 5* account with Gil but shit man I don't have infinite free time.

As for just tossing a few quartz at Gil I long ago learned from Fire Emblem Heroes that just because there's some fucker every 3 posts saying he got multiple 5 stars in one pull, doesn't mean I'll get anything in 200.

I will say that I could definitely use more craft essences or a better Saber, my account is 'good enough' but a little more could help. I'll think about it...I'm worried that if I open the floodgates I won't be able to stay strong until October, lol.

fake edit: wait, Taiwan got the halloween event early? What? I mean that's the event I'm saving for, so I'd be very happy, but that's silly.

Pejo

Ok, so I maxed out my lineup for the moment:

60 Altera
60 Vlad
50 Arturia
40 Lancelot (Zerker)
40 Siegfried
40 Cu
40 Medusa
40 Medea
30 Mata Hari

Not going to max an archer since I'll be picking Emiya when we get our selector thing.

At this point, what do you guys recommend?

-Finish Story (I'm on Septem)?
-Collect all free quest quartz?
-Farm Ascension mats?
-Keep farming 40AP exp daily to raise master level?

Just trying to plan out the best way to spend my time in the game. I'm really wanting to do some more ascension but I hear events give out the mats much easier, so I'm hesitating on wasting stamina on that.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
TW FGO:

Taiwan FGO has halloween event now and after that they should get the next story map.
Thank you for that.

I'm sort of hoping the Halloween event doesn't happen until at least September. Just wouldn't feel right seeing it late August.

jonjonaug

Ok, so I maxed out my lineup for the moment:

60 Altera
60 Vlad
50 Arturia
40 Lancelot (Zerker)
40 Siegfried
40 Cu
40 Medusa
40 Medea
30 Mata Hari

Not going to max an archer since I'll be picking Emiya when we get our selector thing.

At this point, what do you guys recommend?

-Finish Story (I'm on Septem)?
-Collect all free quest quartz?
-Farm Ascension mats?
-Keep farming 40AP exp daily to raise master level?

Just trying to plan out the best way to spend my time in the game. I'm really wanting to do some more ascension but I hear events give out the mats much easier, so I'm hesitating on wasting stamina on that.

Boost Vlad to level 60, you're in the middle of his best stat growth period.

EDIT: Oh I misread that.

Finish the story first, then I'd recommend a mix of doing the 40AP exp daily and free quests to get quartz until you reach master level 50, then switch to farming ascension mats while keeping up with the free quests.

Qurupeke

TW FGO:

We didn't get the FSN event, so I guess there will be some changes. It wouldn't surprise me if US follows a different pattern compared to Taiwan, though it still has a faster pacing compared to Japan.

Also, yes, they should stall the Halloween event and release it on Halloween...

Man, Gil releases tmr. Will blow all my quartz and tickets on him and hopefully get him. Else likely to reroll. Its early enough that I don't think I lose too much. Farming everyone to first ascension again will be a pain though.

5* Characters I really want
Jeanne (esp now that I cleared Orleans)
Waver (for future proofing)
Gil (He's cool)
Saber (She's cool, but tutorial roll must be EMIYA or Herc just so I can have all 7 FSN characters as my support list)

4* Characters I really want
Herc
EMIYA
Nero

Lets see how tmr goes. Not much hope to be honest, since in SAO Memory Defrag I actually went a hundred ++ rolls without a 4* (4* highest in that game, at 4% rate). Talk about a consecutive bad luck streak, which nearly made me quit that game.

Gil is one of the most common Limited Rate-up Servants. So if you feel you're not ready to whale for him now, don't. Be patient and he'll be back in the Rate-Up gacha soon enough.

But won't he be mixed in with other rate-up 5*s in later events?

Hell, he'll be mixed in with rate-up CEs this time. Those CEs will be our symbols of saltiness after this event.

Azusa

We didn't get the FSN event, so I guess there will be some changes. It wouldn't surprise me if US follows a different pattern compared to Taiwan, though it still has a faster pacing compared to Japan.

Also, yes, they should stall the Halloween event and release it on Halloween...

They can just add some rest days between events. Nerofest and moonfest are back to back.

Mupod

makes total sense for them to accelerate adding new servants if they want to make money. I understand if they can't give us a proper roadmap but I'm still very curious what kind of pacing to expect.

Finish the story first, then I'd recommend a mix of doing the 40AP exp daily and free quests to get quartz until you reach master level 50, then switch to farming ascension mats while keeping up with the free quests.

I think I understand exp curves now, having experienced leveling Vlad to 60. That 'growth spurt' was shocking in comparison to Tamamo Cat who I was also using at the time. Around when will he stop getting big level ups though? I think I can ascend him to 70 soon if I get lucky on the dailies today and tomorrow.

jonjonaug

makes total sense for them to accelerate adding new servants if they want to make money. I understand if they can't give us a proper roadmap but I'm still very curious what kind of pacing to expect.

I think I understand exp curves now, having experienced leveling Vlad to 60. That 'growth spurt' was shocking in comparison to Tamamo Cat who I was also using at the time. Around when will he stop getting big level ups though? I think I can ascend him to 70 soon if I get lucky on the dailies today and tomorrow.

Here's data for every Servant: http://kazemai.github.io/fgo-vz/servant.html

Click the Servant you want to check and go to the fourth tab for the XP curve. Spoilers on future Servants if you care about that.

But won't he be mixed in with other rate-up 5*s in later events?

Hell, he'll be mixed in with rate-up CEs this time. Those CEs will be our symbols of saltiness after this event.

That's not how Rate-Ups or rolling rarities work. Essentially if you hit the 1% chance to get a SSR Servant, you have something like a 60-70% chance to get Gilgamesh (so in effect a 0.6% chance to get Gil). The CEs fall under the 3% chance for SSR CEs.

And a Rate-Up event only has a few specific Servants per rateup, no matter how many are in the overall pool or the Story gacha. So unless he's alongside a fellow SSR in a future event, rolling now or in the future won't improve your odds of getting Gilgamesh specifically.

Pejo

Thanks! Story seems to be how you complete this week's quartz shard quests anyways, so good advice there. I'm already Master Level 52, so I guess after story i'll focus on free quests and ascension stuffs.

I appreciate the tips.

Baalzebup

A free reverse dragon scale will be very helpful. So all I need is to find one more, and farm this berserker piece daily like crazy today.

yeah part of me wants to re-enter reroll hell for a double 5* account with Gil but shit man I don't have infinite free time.

As for just tossing a few quartz at Gil I long ago learned from Fire Emblem Heroes that just because there's some fucker every 3 posts saying he got multiple 5 stars in one pull, doesn't mean I'll get anything in 200.

I will say that I could definitely use more craft essences or a better Saber, my account is 'good enough' but a little more could help. I'll think about it...I'm worried that if I open the floodgates I won't be able to stay strong until October, lol.

fake edit: wait, Taiwan got the halloween event early? What? I mean that's the event I'm saving for, so I'd be very happy, but that's silly.
Ha! Technically, I'm one of those fuckers as my very first roll got me exactly that. I don't really expect my luck to hold though, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

That's not how Rate-Ups or rolling rarities work. Essentially if you hit the 1% chance to get a SSR Servant, you have something like a 60-70% chance to get Gilgamesh (so in effect a 0.6% chance to get Gil). The CEs fall under the 3% chance for SSR CEs.

And a Rate-Up event only has a few specific Servants per rateup, no matter how many are in the overall pool or the Story gacha. So unless he's alongside a fellow SSR in a future event, rolling now or in the future won't improve your odds of getting Gilgamesh specifically.

Well, right. My point is that every rate-up for Gilgamesh in the future is alongside other rate-up SSRs. Sometimes like ten of them, so this really is the only time when he's the only 5* rate-up.

But point made about the CEs.

Kaname

Was doing some free quest clear up when I found myself against a lvl 60+ something Shadow Berserker :O Should have read the level requirements next time lol Thanks god for that Jeanne support carrying me hard.

Ah, just my luck. I spent my last 30 yesterday, and didn't get anything, and no way in hell I'm rerolling after getting Jeanne and several days of grinding.

I don't really want anything from the rate-up Servants other than Medea so I can level up her NP, so at least I won't be missing as much if I don't get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom