• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSchmitz

I´ll try extella on pc later on.
I´m yet to play DQ Heroes 2 so my tolerance for musou fanservice won´t be there for a while.

I've read he starts out kind of meh but gets quite good once he gets his strengthening quests, which admittedly we might not get for a while.

Just pick an Emiya for support and decide for yourself?

His single Buster card is obscene compared to any other 4* but Herc, but the rest of his damage output depends on whether you have a star generator.

And his NP doesn't do as much damage as it looks like it should.

Pejo

If it's the same as the 3M download campaign in JP, Part 2 is the free 4* choice. At the end of the news post for the 66,666 twitter likes (what a event milestone lol), we get dates for Part 2 but no details.

Ah, gotcha, thanks!

I've read he starts out kind of meh but gets quite good once he gets his strengthening quests, which admittedly we might not get for a while.

Speaking of these strengthening quests. These are not the interludes that I've been doing, right? I haven't gotten anything other than some servant profile unlocks for background story from them.

Caim

So is this thing tomorrow a real event with things to do, or just a Gil release/rate up?

Release/rate up. The "First Order" event is a just a quest with a CE reward.

EDIT: Anyone stuck in an endless looping connection error? Game had crashed on mid-fight and I can't get back in.

If it's the same as the 3M download campaign in JP, Part 2 is the free 4* choice. At the end of the news post for the 66,666 twitter likes (what a event milestone lol), we get dates for Part 2 but no details.

I'm glad we still get 3 million QP and not 66666 QP.

Mupod

The problem with using D'eon as a tank is that his taunt is his third skill, so you won't get it until you can ascend D'eon three times.

This early on, you're better off using George. Like D'eon, he has two arts cards and an arts NP, so he's just as good in an arts team.

aha. I somehow missed that, by the time I can ascend anybody 3 times I'll probably just want more damage instead. Yeah I'm using George right now and he's made my farming runs very smooth. I'll focus on ascending him more instead. Gotta find a good 'proof of hero' farm spot for him and Emiya.

Is fate extra bad?

I was really into the plot and characters. The 'kind of persona-ish' aesthetic it has is cool as well.

But my god that battle system. It's all rock paper scissors. Drove me insane after a while.

BaconHat

How long is going to be the Gil event?

Looks like I am spending all my SQ on my king.

I was planing on buying the Switch version.

The keyword here is was :p

Since the switch version come with all dlc and one that (i'm not 100% sure since it COULD be on steam) seems exclusive, it still probably comes out cheaper if you want all of the costumes.

jonjonaug

Is fate extra bad?

The gameplay is. The story of the first game is fairly standard stuff although Nero and Tamamo are still pretty great. CCC is the most interesting sounding of the three "Extra" universe games but it never got an English release.

BaconHat

The gameplay is. The story of the first game is fairly standard stuff although Nero and Tamamo are still pretty great. CCC is the most interesting sounding of the three "Extra" universe games but it never got an English release.

Emiya was also a pretty good character and story imo.

Voror

Just pick an Emiya for support and decide for yourself?

His single Buster card is obscene compared to any other 4* but Herc, but the rest of his damage output depends on whether you have a star generator.

And his NP doesn't do as much damage as it looks like it should.

Yeah that would be a good thing to try. Probably see about the other options too.

I've got a few star generators like Sasaki and Hassan.

Speaking of these strengthening quests. These are not the interludes that I've been doing, right? I haven't gotten anything other than some servant profile unlocks for background story from them.

I don't think so. I think those are just little story things with them all with some battles. I think the strengthening quests won't come until later on.

convo

I somhow managed to do the daily 40 ap quest 4 times in a row with Cu, Martha and a lv 47 Emiya support because of the overcharge ap from level ups. Didn't know Cu's NP could insta kill stuff but i got lucky. Got from lv 29 to 34 pretty fast and got my servants up to speed.
I need to level up a caster for now and i have these:
Anderson
Amadeus
Mephisto
Medea
Cu Caster
Shakespear

Which one of these should i go for now?

jonjonaug

Emiya was also a pretty good character and story imo.

Archer's route was OK but Emiya's not as much fun to hang with as the other two. Also I'm still mad that I could play as a female character with Nero/Tamamo and still get romantic overtones to the plot but if I played as a male character with Emiya I couldn't really.

Khezu

Archer's route was OK but Emiya's not as much fun to hang with as the other two. Also I'm still mad that I could play as a female character with Nero/Tamamo and still get romantic overtones to the plot but if I played as a male character with Emiya I couldn't really.

Emiya is only for Cu.

Need animation updates already.
Medeas current lame white laser balls suck so much.

I just started playing and did the starting rolls should i re-roll?

I got martha/heracles and carmilla as my 4 stars
Are these guys worth keeping?

jonjonaug

What I did was reroll until I got at least two of the four star Servants that I wanted out of all of the ones available plus any one five star Servant.

chrono01

Gilgamesh is coming tomorrow with ten free quartz and 3 tickets.
Oh man, so soon!

I'm saving my SQ for Tanamo Caster, but I'll use a few of the tickets here to see if I get lucky.

Don't think i can be bothered rerolling for Gil as much as I want him.

Although I got my Jeanne account pretty early on after only 6 or 7 rerolls. After that (but before I got that crazy multi pull with Saber and Attila) I did do quite a lot of rerolls on my second/old phone and pc while I was doing other stuff looking for Waver. Think I did like 40 rerolls and didn't see any more 5*s never mind Waver. I think I'm pretty happy with my account having more than one 5* servant considering that... I value my time too much.
Yeah, a double 5* account is difficult to get, I know spending a large majority of my day yesterday rolling for one. I too want Gilgamesh, but I'm not about to start over for a third time.

I for one am going to enjoy the tears come tomorrow.
The tears will be plentiful.

It's tempting to reroll for the godly Gil and Waver account but can't abandon my Lancelot. Love that guy. I'll have to rely on my one 10-pull. Come on RNG!
Rolling a double 5* account during a rate-up would be hell, considering the rate of the 5* Servants to begin with as well as the rate-up for Gilgamesh. If you did manage to pull two 5* in the set of pulls, they would likely be double Gilgamesh due to his rate-up. The chances of receiving Gilgamesh as well as a specific common pool 5* along with him (such as Waver)? No joke, you'd probably have a better chance winning the lottery. :(

PSA:

HERE IS THE DISCORD CHANNEL!

https://discord.gg/4Uqz6st
Nice, will join later this evening!

I have:

Account #1:

Characters:

5* Altria Pendragon
4* Tamamo
4* Siegfreid

Craft Essence:

5* Formal Craft
4* Divine Banquet x2
4* Gandr x2
4* Iron-Willed Training

Account #2:

Characters:

5* Waver
4* Tamamo

Craft Essence:

5* Imaginary Around
4* The Imaginary Element x2
4* Iron-Willed Training
4* Verdant Sound of Destruction x2
4* Be Elegant

*Above account claimed by sorakirosaki*

Account #3:

Characters:

5* Altera
4* Chevalier
4* Emiya

Craft Essence:

5* Limited/Time Over

If you're interested. I'd recommend #2 for the Waver, but you can grab the other for waifu means if you want. Just send me a PM!

jonjonaug

Is there a list of whats available 5 star wise?

Im also gonna take this as re-roll hahaah

Jeanne (Ruler), Arturia/Altria (Saber), Altera (Saber), Vlad (Berserker), and Waver (Caster).

They're all good. Jeanne and Waver are the most useful support units in the game while the other three all have high attack power.

jonjonaug

Is there a canon reason for why there are so many saber clones?

Some of the alternate versions of Altria have story explanations behind them. In fact I think a new one plays a major role in the F/GO main story.

But mostly it's just that Takeuchi really likes Saber's design and she makes the most money in terms of merchandise.

Strimei

Is there a canon reason for why there are so many saber clones?

Jeanne just happens to look like Arturia (she'll always be Arturia to me, damn it) enough, that's the reason for her.

The various versions of Arturia (Lily, Alter, Mysterious Heroine X, etc) all have a fairly obvious explanation (they're her, so of course they have her face).

Mordred's reason is also obvious (as she is a partial homunculus-child of her father).

Nero...yeah I don't know of any reason. Ditto Okita.

That Emiya is in Fate/Extra. Or that Archer is Emiya.

I mean yeah I guess its a spoiler but we are in the FGO thread and it is rather upfront about who he is. The identity spoiler has pretty much gone out the window at this point.

Khezu

For the sake of everyone's sanity, we can't be using spoilers every time we talk about Emiya, especially when the game doesn't consider it one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom