• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeanne just happens to look like Arturia (she'll always be Arturia to me, damn it) enough, that's the reason for her.

The various versions of Arturia (Lily, Alter, Mysterious Heroine X, etc) all have a fairly obvious explanation (they're her, so of course they have her face).

Mordred's reason is also obvious (as she is a partial homunculus-child of her father).

Nero...yeah I don't know of any reason.

Thanks! What is the story behind the whole arturia and altria thing too? I've only watched fsn, ubw, and fz. I thought it was always arturia??

BaconHat

Coming from F/GO, anyone that plays F/E will have been spoiled, you guys are right.

I completely forgot the three servants identity were spoilers in Extra. Granted, they have been reused so many times since then (carnival phantasm, Extella), its hard to consider them as hidden.

Thanks! What is the story behind the whole arturia and altria thing too? I've only watched fsn, ubw, and fz. I thought it was always arturia??

The fanbase has always called her Arturia or Artoria. Up until recently Type-Moon has not had an official romanization for her name. I guess now they do and it is Altria.

There was a similar situation with Illya where for the longest time her official bio on Type-Moon's page spelled it Ilya and many old-school fans spelled it that way too. It wasn't until Prisma Illya that the official romanization was set, because well it's in the title.

With Illya the difference was an L, not that exciting. With Arturia the difference is pretty big between that and Altria.

It doesn't help that Altera now exists so two Sabers with such similarly spelled names is just pointlessly confusing.

chrono01

Added myself onto the friend list sheet :) time to try this game out thanks again for the acc again chrono!
Heh, no worries at all. Happy to help! Request sent, BTW.

Oh, before I forget. You should set your Party Support, as the ones listed on those who are friends with you are different than your current party. It applies to your characters, as well as the Craft Essences set to them. I noticed you have Mash still set as your leader, so you probably didn't know. Don't worry, not many do. it's a common misconception when people begin playing.

Also, feel free to set the gender/name of your account to whatever you want (different than what I chose when I re-rolled the account). You do it by choosing Menu, My Room, and then Master Profile.

Welcome to the game!

Articalys

Maintenance changelog:
Bug Fixes:
1. On Android devices, the button that closes News interface is hidden by the Navigation Bar.
Glad that's getting fixed quickly.
Let's see how many of the typos get cleaned up as well.

I don't like Gil, no matter how broken he might be in-game, so I'll ignore the rateup, take my free stuff, and wait for later.

I like how they added personality into the news announcement about it, though. "The King of Heroes granted us peasants with his glorious treasures" and such.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Maintenance changelog:

Glad that's getting fixed quickly.
Let's see how many of the typos get cleaned up as well.

I don't like Gil, no matter how broken he might be in-game, so I'll ignore the rateup, take my free stuff, and wait for later.

I like how they added personality into the news announcement about it, though. "The King of Heroes granted us peasants with his glorious treasures" and such.

Lucky for you Gil is not broken. He's not great imo.

kayos90

He isn't? Should I just save my quartz then?

You roll for people you like not because they're good in the game thankfully. Unless you actually care about the gameplay then.. well... lol. Gil is alright. I just think people overrate him.

Lucky for you Gil is not broken. He's not great imo.

He's 9/10 on that random JP guy's meme tier system and he's probably the signature Servant-killer in the game after he gets all his upgrades. He's unarguably the best Archer in the game, not that he has a lot of competition. He hits like a truck, he generates stars for himself pretty well, he has the Saber card layout (QAABB), and he says FUAHAHAHAHA~! as he annihilates things with the Gate of Babylon. He fits on pretty much any team you can think of because he is such an all-rounder in terms of his damage, skills, and NP.

If Gil isn't great then I don't know what is. And he stays great even as the power-creep sets in and other Servants get more inflated stats than him.

kayos90

He's 9/10 on that random JP guy's meme tier system and he's probably the signature Servant-killer in the game after he gets all his upgrades. He's unarguably the best Archer in the game, not that he has a lot of competition. He hits like a truck, he generates stars for himself pretty well, he has the Saber card layout (QAABB), and he says FUAHAHAHAHA~! as he annihilates things with the Gate of Babylon. He fits on pretty much any team you can think of because he is such an all-rounder in terms of his damage, skills, and NP.

If Gil isn't great then I don't know what is. And he stays great even as the power-creep sets in and other Servants get more inflated stats than him.

The best Archer in the game is Swimsuit Arturia for numerous reasons. Gil is up there but in no way shape or form is he better than her.

The best Archer in the game is Swimsuit Arturia for numerous reasons. Gil is up there but in no way shape or form is he better than her.

Oh welp. I didn't realize what it is you do with with Archer Arturia. With the right setup, doing her NP refills her entire NP gauge, giving her multiple NP spams in a row. As expected of Type-Moon's cash cow and Takeuchi's waifu. I take that back. Sorry AUO, you're still my King. :(

There's also the fact that Archer is probably the class with the best budget options. Arash, Euryale, Robin Hood, Emiya, and Kuro being the most obvious ones. I was thinking about trying to go through reroll hell again for a Gil+Waver account, but I doubt I'll bother at this point.

KMRiku

Neo Member
Gilgamesh is pretty good right now in the japanese version. Easily the second best SSR Archer in the game after Swimsuit Arturia. However, keep in mind that he was buffed twice until that and I believe that the NA version is receiving the non-buffed Gilgamesh at first. Still, he is a worthy investment, specially because he is a great servant/boss-rush killer, which may came in hand for a few events.

kayos90

Personally speaking I would honestly use Ishtar over Gil. That being said, Gil is no pushover. He was shit for a long time. Archer and Saber classes are in a good spot in all honesty. It's the Lancer class that's in deep shit. If people are rolling they need to roll for Scathach. Not because she's waifu or whatever but because she's unequivocally the best Lancer in the game imo.

KMRiku

Neo Member
The problem with SSR Lancers right now (in the jp version) is that the best ones are either limited (Scathach and Tamamo-Lancer) or story locked (
Arturia Lancer
), while the non-limited ones are...lacking in a few areas. Although I wouldn't say the Saber class is in a much better position.

In fact, I would say that picking Liz for the free SR servant is actually a solid choice, because SR/SRR Lancers were pretty rare for a loooooong time in the japanese version and/or they were not very good. She was my pick in the japanese version and that was a great choice.

Voror

Personally speaking I would honestly use Ishtar over Gil. That being said, Gil is no pushover. He was shit for a long time. Archer and Saber classes are in a good spot in all honesty. It's the Lancer class that's in deep shit. If people are rolling they need to roll for Scathach. Not because she's waifu or whatever but because she's unequivocally the best Lancer in the game imo.

Do we have any inkling when she'd be added in? She's fairly popular I know, but I don't know how much that matters at all. In terms of the Servant list she seems to come after Oda who from the looks of things came from an event that'll likely come later on.

Hubb

I do hope they speed up some of the stuff and don't keep us always 2 year behind JP. At this point I am just farming ascension mats because I have nothing else to do. WTB an event with actual stuff to grind.

Heh, no worries at all. Happy to help! Request sent, BTW.

Oh, before I forget. You should set your Party Support, as the ones listed on those who are friends with you are different than your current party. It applies to your characters, as well as the Craft Essences set to them. I noticed you have Mash still set as your leader, so you probably didn't know. Don't worry, not many do. it's a common misconception when people begin playing.

Also, feel free to set the gender/name of your account to whatever you want (different than what I chose when I re-rolled the account). You do it by choosing Menu, My Room, and then Master Profile.

Welcome to the game!

aight thank you! hope i did it right lol
also why is zhuge liang called waver i was confused for a bit hahaha

chrono01

I see what you did there.
smilesmall.gif

Articalys

I still have some regrets about continuing on with Herc as my only 4*, battle strength notwithstanding. He's just such a non-character.

Voror

Shame we probably wont' ever get Archer Herk, since he would just be way too good.

Is that the justification on why they never give him any other classes? I get Berserker is the iconic version, but it would be pretty awesome to get some alternate versions of him.

After you get your 10x roll is there still any point in keeping Mash in your party?

Mashu has zero cost and is a good person to have hold your The Beginning of the Journey CE. She lives permanently in the farthest right slot of my battle party.

I wish Gils attacks were more like his self in CCC.
Dude had a lot of cool weapons.

I wish Gil's attacks involved AUO CASTOFF!

On second thought, maybe not.

Hubb

I've actually taken Mash out of my party to sub in someone else to farm bond levels. Assuming you have enough party points (w/e they are called), might as well switch someone else in.

BaconHat

RPGSite did an interview with Aniplex of Japan on Grand Order at anime Expo it seems.

http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/57...rview-with-the-producer-and-creative-director

Its an interesting read, from Tsukihime event possibility, to the reason why we got some servants earlier :
RPG Site: When the English version of Fate/Grand Order launched, we've noticed that there were already Servants included that were not there during its initial release in Japan - such as the Berserker Lancelot. Will the English version of F/GO receive Servants at a more accelerated pace because they've already been made?

Iwakami: In the original Japanese version, it was definitely true that we couldn't release certain Servants to the game because they weren't made yet. Now in the case of the English version, certain Servants - their visuals and animations - were already done so we decided to release a few early beforehand. This doesn't mean we'll release all of them at one time. We'll carefully release Servants based on story progression. When we add more of the story to the English release, we'll add more Servants based on their relevance to the plot, era, and events. Still, it may not be the same pace as the Japanese version of F/GO.

she is a 0 cost, so yeah you should keep her since she's amazing at 0 cost.

Mashu has zero cost and is a good person to have hold your The Beginning of the Journey CE. She lives permanently in the farthest right slot of my battle party.

I wish Gil's attacks involved AUO CASTOFF!

On second thought, maybe not.

Mash cost 0 so if you level her up she can be useful if you are cost restraint?

Ah I didn't know she had a 0 cost. So just don't have her as the leader though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom