• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
For craft essences, should I just be feeding my 1*, 2*, and 3* CE to my 4* and 5* CEs? Should I feed dupes to each other or keep separate? I've been ignoring leveling these up but I guess I should do something with them since I'm approaching 300.

Shizuka

The top one is the EXP daily, it's labeled "Ember Gathering". You should get a bunch of EXP cards at the end of the fight.

Oh, that's the one! I did the second hardest one and got a few of them, thanks! Can I repeat it or just tomorrow?

You get cards then you go on menu->enhance-> servant and feed the cards to the servant you wish to level up.

I knew how to level it up, I just didn't know which daily quest to select for the EXP items, but now it's all good.

Quonny

i do what i can sabrekins~ <3

Oh, that's the one! I did the second hardest one and got a few of them, thanks! Can I repeat it or just tomorrow?

You can repeat it as much as you want. The enemies change classes every day so you might find some days easier than others. But yeah, spam run it.

Uthred

Changing accounts for the last time, I swear, well, changing back really,

User ID: 065,543,340 running Waver, Gil, Tamano, etc. as support

Pejo

So who does everyone pick for the free 4*? Thinking of EMIYA or Hercules...

I was going to pick Emiya, but then I got Atalanta from the gacha and went with Carmilla instead. I'm just trying to get a 4* or above for each class to have some roster depth.

Except Cu. Cu will never be replaced in lancer position. Will even grail him when the time comes. In a sick twisted way, I hope we eventually get a 5* Lancer Cu, not because I want to waste my money pulling for him, but because he deserves it, dammit.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

For everyone picking Emiya, just know that he doesn't get super good until quite a while down the road (I think a year or two, if we have the same pace as Japan). Just a heads up!

Sabas

Banned
Three 10 rolls and a few tickets. Only thing of note was 4* d'Eon. Guess I'll just work on levelling up my current lineup and save for whatever 5* that looks cute gets added next...

The End

Is Atalanta bad? She's my first archer so if she's bad then I'll just pick the 4* archer with the reward thing.

She's really good if you're team is Q heavy and she's able to crit every round.

Emiya is a monster... later, so some of the stuff you'll see from the JP version includes strengthening quests that won't be added until year 2.

jnWake

She's really good if you're team is Q heavy and she's able to crit every round.

Emiya is a monster... later, so some of the stuff you'll see from the JP version includes strengthening quests that won't be added until year 2.

Sounds fine then. Now to pick who'll be my 4*...

Pbae

I was really bored with my alt ipad acct that ran Jeanne so I took the st. crystal hit and rerolled for Gil.

Made a female character named Enkidu to temp the King of Kings...

SUCCESS!

elty

So supposed you have all 5 cards of Joanne (3x art, 1x quick and 1x Buster), how to do you put it to maximize damage?

Buster - Art - Quick?

Pejo

So supposed you have all 5 cards of Joanne (3x art, 1x quick and 1x Buster), how to do you put it to maximize damage?

Buster - Art - Quick?

I've been wondering this too. I always put the Buster last since it says ATK++ if it's in the third spot. Not actually sure if it works like that though.

Also, I think Quick crit gems don't affect any of the cards until the next round, so I always put it first since it's the weakest.

I have no idea if this is the right way to use it though, so I'm curious from someone who knows that system well.

Kenai

I ended up picking Carmilla over Lancelolly or a dupe. She should be a good team addition.

Marie or Martha for a rider?

I mostly use Tamano cat and i have Gil now.

They kinda do different things. By their second skill Martha is a debuff cleanser and Marie is a cockroach. They both do some mild healing. Iirc neither is considered vastly better than the other

Voror

For everyone picking Emiya, just know that he doesn't get super good until quite a while down the road (I think a year or two, if we have the same pace as Japan). Just a heads up!

I wanted him anyway so I'm happy with the pick and in the meantime I can build him up in advance of the eventual upgrades. It actually occurs now that all I'm missing is Gil and then I'll have the entire Fate cast.

elty

I've been wondering this too. I always put the Buster last since it says ATK++ if it's in the third spot. Not actually sure if it works like that though.

Also, I think Quick crit gems don't affect any of the cards until the next round, so I always put it first since it's the weakest.

I have no idea if this is the right way to use it though, so I'm curious from someone who knows that system well.

I think the first card will affect all subsequent card (so if Buster is first, your art/quick in 2nd/3rd will do some extra damage). But mathematically I am not sure which is better.

AP 187/66

I love being able to finally do the 40AP quests. Especially now that they cost half that. Been leveling up like nobody's business.

Got Saber Alter, Lis, and Emiya to 50, Medusa and Kojiro to 40. Guess I'll work on leveling Waver, Gil, and Cu Lancer.

Ala Alba

Buster - Art - Quick?

I think the first card will affect all subsequent card (so if Buster is first, your art/quick in 2nd/3rd will do some extra damage). But mathematically I am not sure which is better.

I'm not 100% sure on this, because I haven't done the math, but I believe it is Buster Arts Arts.

Arts have a 100% damage modifier, in comparison to Buster's 150% and Quick's 80%, and the Buster card's increased damage (from being the first card) will apply to both arts and the extra card, which I'm pretty sure more than makes up for the damage you would have had with it in the 3rd spot.

I'll test it, though.

chrono01

I have her max bond on my jp account. She is very great in Quick teams.
Wow, glad to be wrong in this case. Thanks for the correction!

Managed to get Gil
and kaleidoscope too
on my first 10 pull. I'm happy beyond believe *__*
Nice job!

Spent 4 tickets and a 10x summon, all trash.
Then I thought fuck it, gonna do a 10 x one more time, then Kaleidoscope+ Gil !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can go sleep happily...
Haha, nice man. Congrats.

Rolled on my alt Waver account for the hell of it and got Gil, mixed feelings as I know I should probably go with Gil and Waver, but my "solo" Waver account has so many 5* CE's. #1stworldgachaproblems I know. Guess I'll just switch my alt to my main and vice versa.
I'd go with Gil + Waver honestly, as 5* CE don't seem to be TOO difficult to obtain (luck will vary, of course). But yeah, you could keep both around for now and see how future gatcha shake out.

Congrats, BTW.

9 Summon Tickets + 1 10 roll

5* Gilgamesh
5* Heaven's Feel
5* Imaginary Around
5* Formal Craft

4* Angel Song x2
4* Imaginary Around

Yes Gil, I've run out of luck after summoning you. This is waaaaaayy beyond expectations
That Gilgamesh bless! \o/

so this new account i rolled this morning has been ecstatic, my first get from tutorial mandated pull is emiya (looking good so far), do a mission and pull the actuall pull, I get Gilgamesh, Jeanne, Heaven's feel. Then i pick hercules as my 4 star choice. I finish the prologue and do another 10 pull, I get Seibah (Alturia), that new archer 4 star girl and Imaginary around 5 star essence. This account trumps the vlad account easily

Screenshot_2017-07-06-21-01-29.png
That account is pretty amazing, congrats.

7 Summon Tickets -> 6 3*Servents

5 10 Pulls:
5* Gil on last roll
4* Eon
4* Elisabeth
4* Marie

2 5* Prisma Cosmos
and tons of new 4* Essences

Was almost ready to be disappointing but Gil heard my call.
Now I'm stuck in AP Hell because I can't get below max but wan't to farm Exp cards...
Saved on that last pull!

Used all my tickets and did 4 10 pulls. Ended up with:

TWO 5* Altrias
4* Lancelot
4* Holy Shroud CE
6 other 4* CEs

And that's it. Only other noteworthy pulls were 3* Medusa and 3* Medea.

Guess I'll try to gather as much quartz as I can while the banner is up and try to keep pulling for Gil, but considering I haven't gotten any 5* servants yet I'm ok with double Altria.
Congrats on the double Saiba.

I'm surprised by so many people getting 5* but not the rate 5*. Throughout my time with F/GO on the JP version I never NOT got a rate up 5*. Really bizarre.
It's really strange. Pull up any "rate-up" on Toutube of the Japanese game, and when a 5* is pulled it's (more than not) the featured one. Kind of insane people here (and on Reddit) are getting so many 5*, some in the same ten-pull, but no Gilgamesh. I'm beginning to think our rate-up isn't the same as Japan (maybe only a very slight increase?), or something is definitely busted.

The real MVP of this event is the half price AP dailies. Grind it out!
Seriously. I started grinding it late early this morning and I had to give up. Non-stop stamina.

BTW, for those that don't know, it might be worth putting the new 4* CE (from the Fate First Order) quest to one of your members (Mash?), to grind that rank along with your Servant one as you level.

Can't really lose with either, but if you don't already have Heracles, he's the obvious choice.

KMRiku

Neo Member
I'm not 100% sure on this, because I haven't done the math, but I believe it is Buster Arts Arts.

Arts have a 100% damage modifier, in comparison to Buster's 150% and Quick's 80%, and the Buster card's increased damage (from being the first card) will apply to both arts and the extra card, which I'm pretty sure more than makes up for the damage you would have had with it in the 3rd spot.

I'll test it, though.

You are totally right, that is how it works. Another important detail is that the first card bonus does NOT apply to NPs, so its damage is the same no matter what order you put it or which card is first.

For example, if your servant has a Buster NP, NP->Burst->Burst does more damage than Burst->Burst->NP.

If your servant has a Arts/Quick NP, doing Burst->NP->X does more damage in that case. The Burst first card bonus increases the damage for the X card and Extra Attack, doing more damage than NP->X->Burst.

chrono01

UGH! I keep going back-and-forth over who to choose for my 4*.

Heracles, once he reaches Max Bond and you fully ascend him, he basically turns into a God that can solo kill anything. It takes A LONG time to reach that point, as 1,400,000+ Bond Points are needed until he caps (just so you know, you receive something like 200 per battle, so yeah...), which means the earlier I get him the faster I can put him in my party list and start grinding that. On the other hand, I don't have a 3*/4* Archer yet, so Emiya would be cool, although I've heard he starts out pretty weak and only really becomes good when he reaches max level. He's also good for a few events, since I've heard he gets a bonus applied if you have him in your party/support.

...I'll give it another day and then decide, but I'm kind of leaning towards Heracles at the moment, as I'd like to start max'ing him out as soon as possible for him to reach his God state.

Khezu

Heracles, once he reaches Max Bond and you fully ascend him, he basically turns into a God that can solo kill anything. It takes A LONG time to reach that point, as 1,400,000+ Bond Points are needed until he caps (just so you know, you receive something like 200 per battle, so yeah...), which means the earlier I get him the faster I can put him in my party list and start grinding that. On the other hand, I don't have a 3*/4* Archer yet, so Emiya would be cool, although I've heard he starts out pretty weak and only really becomes good when he reaches max level. He's also good for a few events, since I've heard he gets a bonus applied if you have him in your party/support.

...I'll give it another day and then decide, but I'm kind of leaning towards Heracles at the moment, as I'd like to start max'ing him out as soon as possible for him to reach his God state.

You have the right idea.

Herkles now. Emiya later.

Emiya is rad and becomes super good later, but he is only 4 stars and not too hard to get.

Getting Herk max is gonna take forever.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I went with Herc even with having Tamamo Cat because she's not nearly as effective against solo bosses.

Strimei

So I decided to do one 10-draw just to see if I lucked out. And...golden archer card!...its Atalante. Oh well...wait what's this, another golden archer? CAN IT BE?

...Atalante again. Curse you, archer cat.

Anyways, time to choose a 4*, and I need some advice. My team is as follows:

-Heracles
-Robin Hood
-Cu (Lancer)
-Sasaki
-Mash (chiefly as a body I can throw out there for defensive purposes and to have the +friend point CE)

My initial plan was to go for Tamacat as Tamamo's my favorite, but I already have a really good Berserker, so I dunno. Robin's been pulling his weight as an Archer, but I know EMIYA's good. And Marie really clicked with me in Orleans.

So...dunno. Thoughts?

so this new account i rolled this morning has been ecstatic, my first get from tutorial mandated pull is emiya (looking good so far), do a mission and pull the actuall pull, I get Gilgamesh, Jeanne, Heaven's feel. Then i pick hercules as my 4 star choice. I finish the prologue and do another 10 pull, I get Seibah (Alturia), that new archer 4 star girl and Imaginary around 5 star essence. This account trumps the vlad account easily

Screenshot_2017-07-06-21-01-29.png

That is a ridiculous pull! I'm incredibly jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom