• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strimei

Just so you know, Martha isn't that good at keeping other people alive initially. The party heal is only like 300 HP at first. There is supposedly a quest that pumps it to a 1000, but I have no idea if it is out yet. The first interlude is available but the recommended level is 70 (!!!!) and I haven't dared to try it.

Hm good to know, thanks! I lack a decent rider (St. George is my best...and only...rider) so even if the heal isn't much at the get-go, its something and she'll fill in for a class I lack anyway.

Still, not 100% set. This is gonna be an agonizing choice...

I have a 50 Martha and at this point she's just aight. Basic damage with a basic heal and a decent NP. She's not trash, but I wouldn't pick her over those others tbh.

Thanks! I'll keep it in mind. Maybe EMIYA then. Decisions decisions.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I honestly love Lancelot's armored look, and his fighting style (in Fate/Zero anyway) is really sweet. I mean dude turns everything from a light pole to an F-15 into his noble phantasm. So cool.

Anyway, still need some advice as to who to pick for my free 4*. I've got Herc already, I was leaning toward Tamacat as I love Tamamo, but I'm fairly set for berserkers, really. I know EMIYA is really good, so maybe him, but I've heard Martha's quite good with debuff removing and healing (and honestly I do dislike how kinda fragile Herc can be, though once I get his third skill and eventually his CE, it'll be better).

So who should I choose? Go with my heart and Tamacat, go with the bone of my sword for EMIYA, go for my homie Marie, or shore up my team with Martha?

Also speaking of bond CEs, I was wondering if there was some sort of barrier between 5 and 6 until I looked it up and realized that its a lot more bond points between 5 and 6, oof.

And also speaking of Berserkers, got into a conversation with a friend who was shocked by how Herc doesn't actually say anything, which amused me as the concept of Berserkers who can speak (outside of a few choice words/names like Lancelot and "ARRRRTHURRR") is still very strange to me.

I have a 50 Martha and at this point she's just aight. Basic damage with a basic heal and a decent NP. She's not trash, but I wouldn't pick her over those others tbh.

e: or I wouldn't pick her over Tama / Emiya, at least. Dunno about Marie.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I honestly love Lancelot's armored look, and his fighting style (in Fate/Zero anyway) is really sweet. I mean dude turns everything from a light pole to an F-15 into his noble phantasm. So cool.

Anyway, still need some advice as to who to pick for my free 4*. I've got Herc already, I was leaning toward Tamacat as I love Tamamo, but I'm fairly set for berserkers, really. I know EMIYA is really good, so maybe him, but I've heard Martha's quite good with debuff removing and healing (and honestly I do dislike how kinda fragile Herc can be, though once I get his third skill and eventually his CE, it'll be better).

So who should I choose? Go with my heart and Tamacat, go with the bone of my sword for EMIYA, go for my homie Marie, or shore up my team with Martha?

Also speaking of bond CEs, I was wondering if there was some sort of barrier between 5 and 6 until I looked it up and realized that its a lot more bond points between 5 and 6, oof.

And also speaking of Berserkers, got into a conversation with a friend who was shocked by how Herc doesn't actually say anything, which amused me as the concept of Berserkers who can speak (outside of a few choice words/names like Lancelot and "ARRRRTHURRR") is still very strange to me.

Lancelot is better than the cat (though she's good) so I wouldn't get her. I'd go with Emiya if it was me.

Strimei

Lancelot is better than the cat (though she's good) so I wouldn't get her. I'd go with Emiya if it was me.

Yeah and while I love Tamamo, I'm really hesitant to have a second Berserker on my team right now (and I plan on rolling like mad for two future berserkers too). Robin's been pulling his weight as an Archer and I plan on working on Arash since I hear he's pretty good in situations, but EMIYA would be welcome too.

Hrm. Yeah ok I'm probably going EMIYA after all. I wanted waifus and I'm ending up with all the husbandos instead. Amusing.

commish

Yeah and while I love Tamamo, I'm really hesitant to have a second Berserker on my team right now (and I plan on rolling like mad for two future berserkers too). Robin's been pulling his weight as an Archer and I plan on working on Arash since I hear he's pretty good in situations, but EMIYA would be welcome too.

Hrm. Yeah ok I'm probably going EMIYA after all. I wanted waifus and I'm ending up with all the husbandos instead. Amusing.

There is a lot to be said about picking your waifu in this game. I think that's why 83% of people play.

There is a lot to be said about picking your waifu in this game. I think that's why 83% of people play.

I may not be able to roll AUO but my waifu game is A++ rank

7Z7gp8G.jpg

REGEND is the best waifu

Zafir

While the half AP is great I'll have worn a hole in Zafir's Jeanne by the end of it, tempted to try different team combinations just for variety.

Haha, I guess that explains why my FP gains shot up. xD

Finally managed to pull Hassan and Hans from the FP summon thanks to it.
So I discussed it more with my friend and they're fine with Waver/Vlad (my current account, well former now I guess), so I'm starting over (...again...) for the third time, thanks to the Waver/Gilgamesh account elty gifted me yesterday. I'm giving up 2x 5* Craft Essences that was on my Waver/Vlad account (one of them being a Kaleidoscope), but I don't care. I'm playing this for the characters not the CE, and Gilgamesh is one of my favorites (I just love his smugness). Plus, by doing it this way the Gilgamesh "remains within GAF", so there's that too. :)

So, that's right. For the third (and final!) time, I'm in need of friends. I have Waver, Saber Lily, Gilgamesh, Lancer, Marie, Amadeus, Jing Ke, and Heracles set as my supports, although they obviously need to be leveled (which, good thing for the half AP dailies, shouldn't take too long at all). My ID is: 703,331,943.

As for my former Waver/Vlad account, as mentioned my friend will be playing that one as it's now theirs, so feel free to remove that one from your Friend List or keep it there, it's up to you.

Sorry for all of the confusion to those who added my prior accounts, but it often takes me a while to settle into a gatcha account (it's difficult to please me, I guess). Anyway, I promise that this is the last time I re-roll/start over. I really do mean it this time. Honest!

Added again.

Oh, man. First roll under the banner and I get Jeanne.
Got my waifu, so I think I'm good for a while.
Still, should I be running her alongside Saber? I'm still a bit confused on how to set up the party.

Strimei

Oh I know. I've already planned out which I'm saving for, and I'm sticking to it, though thankfully most I want are 4* (only Tamamo and Scathach are 5*, and god help my wallet if my quartz doesn't get either...). I'm fairly happy with EMIYA though, if I do choose him.

Fuck everything, I forgot there are 2 pages of quartz summon right now and I did a 10 roll of quartz instead of friend points like I intended. Nothing like pissing away 30 quartz because I can't be bothered to read when it says YOU ARE USING QUARTZ ARE YOU SURE Y/N. I blame Hillary, it's all her fault.

no mashu, your waifu list is busted

There's no Shielder slot
Actually there isn't a Ruler slot either

chrono01

I may not be able to roll AUO but my waifu game is A++ rank

REGEND is the best waifu
But more than one waifu is supposed to ruin your laifu.

Added again.
Thanks.

Sorry again for all of the confusion, won't happen again!

Oh, man. First roll under the banner and I get Jeanne.
Got my waifu, so I think I'm good for a while.
Still, should I be running her alongside Saber? I'm still a bit confused on how to set up the party.
Congrats!

Yeah, you can run her alongside Saber, since she's a different class (Ruler). Resistant to everything she is, and makes a pretty solid tank. When she receives her third (I believe it was the third?) Interlude, she'll become even more amazing, since she'll lose the stun after using her NP while she cleanses the group. Great stuff.

Articalys

Not really sure where to go with things at the moment. Is building up as much 4* exp card stock as possible the best move right now? Should I avoid ascending and leveling skills since materials for both are in short supply for the time being, or should I at least try to ascend any 4/5* that I have?

RedBoot

Had just been playing this kind of casually (and marveling at the insane story), but I did a multi tonight and got Gilgamesh, so I guess I'll get a little more serious. Any reason why I shouldn't just dump the buckets of XP items the game's given us into him? I'm also guessing that Kaleidoscope is a good essence for him?

commish

Not really sure where to go with things at the moment. Is building up as much 4* exp card stock as possible the best move right now? Should I avoid ascending and leveling skills since materials for both are in short supply for the time being, or should I at least try to ascend any 4/5* that I have?

Try to ascend. No point not to. But I stared grinding money instead of XP. I already have everyone leveled that I wanted, but you'll always need tons of money. And it's the same account XP anyway.

Grazzt

Fuck everything, I forgot there are 2 pages of quartz summon right now and I did a 10 roll of quartz instead of friend points like I intended. Nothing like pissing away 30 quartz because I can't be bothered to read when it says YOU ARE USING QUARTZ ARE YOU SURE Y/N. I blame Hillary, it's all her fault.
Lol I did that yesterday.

So, that's right. For the third (and final!) time, I'm in need of friends. I have Waver, Saber Lily, Gilgamesh, Lancer, Marie, Amadeus, Jing Ke, and Heracles set as my supports, although they obviously need to be leveled (which, good thing for the half AP dailies, shouldn't take too long at all). My ID is: 703,331,943.

Added.

First event is Nero festival from what I can gather on the wikis. Any JP vets want to share on good ways to prep for it? Such as good 1-3* teams etc

Sterok

In Rome, and I'm officially annoyed with Saberface. Jeanne was at least different enough, especially since she was Ruler and has lore reasons to be that way while Le Chevalier d'Eon is pretty minor. Nero is ripping off Artoria in every aspect visually. Lazy.

Added with new account : Night.

Small rant but thoses snake eyes are bs iv grinded the daily non-stop ive gotten every drop possible even multiple of each of the gold ones but not a single eye i refuse to belive they even drop

In Rome, and I'm officially annoyed with Saberface. Jeanne was at least different enough, especially since she was Ruler and has lore reasons to be that way while Le Chevalier d'Eon is pretty minor. Nero is ripping off Artoria in every aspect visually. Lazy.

I'm sure it's been said since Extra first came out. But Nero is the best Saberface.

pahamrick

I've been burning every bit of quartz trying to get Jeanne, so I had next to nothing saved to get Gilgamesh.

Used the free quartz and free tickets, best draw was Atalante . Okay, not Gil -- I'll get Emiya with my free ticket.

Saved up 3 quartz doing servant ascended quests I was unlocking. Figured what the hell. YOLO -- pulled, got Gil. I think I should go get a lotto ticket.

Maybe you should play Fate/Extra and then you'll know why everyone loves Nero. Umu~

Articalys

Try to ascend. No point not to. But I stared grinding money instead of XP. I already have everyone leveled that I wanted, but you'll always need tons of money. And it's the same account XP anyway.
Should I prioritize higher rarities for ascending?

And I wonder if it's still better to run the ember dailies since you can build up prism much faster that way,

senpai, do u still play with your old acc?

Erm... I'm not sure yet. My #teamwaifu is well leveled there & have cleared all story content, so I'm in no EXP rush as opposed my husbando account which needs to still get Lancelot and Vlad to track.

I think unlikely though.

Should I prioritize higher rarities for ascending?

And I wonder if it's still better to run the ember dailies since you can build up prism much faster that way,

I try to make sure 1 have one high level character of every class, which also works out mats-wise.

Right now, I farm the 40 AP XP daily till everyone I want is leveled (also stockpiling for those to be ascended soon), run 30 AP XP once for prisms, run 1x 40 AP cash daily once for those prisms. Rest of my AP is used either for mat farming or prism farming, mostly mat farming.

Added :D

chrono01

I've been burning every bit of quartz trying to get Jeanne, so I had next to nothing saved to get Gilgamesh.

Used the free quartz and free tickets, best draw was Atalante . Okay, not Gil -- I'll get Emiya with my free ticket.

Saved up 3 quartz doing servant ascended quests I was unlocking. Figured what the hell. YOLO -- pulled, got Gil. I think I should go get a lotto ticket.
Buy a lottery ticket for me too, please!

And congrats.

Much appreciated. :)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm genuinely surprised by how many people are interacting on this thread for this game. I wonder if bringing it to US really did pull more people than I thought it would.

I'm genuinely surprised by how many people are interacting on this thread for this game. I wonder if bringing it to US really did pull more people than I thought it would.

It's also pulling the entire English speaking population of the world. People in Europe and Russia are playing the English version too.

The game was an unexpectedly huge success in Japan. It's clear now in hindsight that Type-Moon had no real expectations when it launched there. This is probably why they took on a new studio in Delight Works which had never made a game before to develop this title, and anybody who played the game at JP launch knows it was definitely a low-budget title.

So I doubt they were expecting the game to be grossing over a million dollars a day within a month of launch, and the server problems they had for at least the first 6 months reflected just how much they underestimated demand. It has remained consistently in the JP Top 5 for nearly 2 years now.

In terms of the franchise it is associated with, by all rights FGO should be a very niche title. But we should apparently never underestimate the dedication of the Nasuverse fandom, nor the sizes of their wallets. Nasu is probably wondering what the hell he's going to do with all this money, I don't think the Japanese are into buying yachts.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not to pick on you, but we all don't have to post in this thread just to say we added someone :p

Still no ETA on first event??

My hunch says it'll be the last week of July or the first week of August. The "event" that's going on right now is Part 1 of the 66,666 Facebook Likes. Part 2 is coming right after. After that we may have the Nero event right after or a few days delay.

Moonlight

Banned
Been deathly bored so been playing this while I wait for energy to refill in the other gacha games I play. It's a nice time sink since I'm still at the point where you can play indefinitely with the half AP quests. Mostly been getting by with a Hercules but got Altera off a random summon ticket, which I was pretty happy about since I liked her design. Uh, add me, if you want. My code is 373,226,072 and my ID is Tsukako.

Not to pick on you, but we all don't have to post in this thread just to say we added someone :p

Still no ETA on first event??

Um, sorry, I guess, won't do it again.

As for the event, didn't someone say that it was gonna be on the first week of august, something about following the Taiwan timetable, or was that a guess?

On another note, which is better medusa or marie?, I'm gonna farm some XP from the dailies and I want a rider for my team.

chrono01

Added you Chrono, ign is Bake
Thanks!

Will accept you in a bit. :)

Um, sorry, I guess, won't do it again.

As for the event, didn't someone say that it was gonna be on the first week of august, something about following the Taiwan timetable, or was that a guess?

On another note, which is better medusa or marie?, I'm gonna farm some XP from the dailies and I want a rider for my team.
I, for one, appreciate you telling me. Gives me reason to check my Friend List again!

Yeah, event should be soon, I'm sure they'll want to keep a nice pace to keep everyone interested. I can't see it taking until the beginning of August, I'd be surprised if we didn't have it in the next few weeks.

As for who to choose, Medusa or Marie...I like Marie more, but that might have to do enjoying her character, haha.

Pejo

Well, I posted earlier today talking about how RNG in this game was really unforgiving, and I stand by it. I spent a bunch of money and had nothing to show for it, so I swore off spending and just kept leveling and doing free quests. Eventually I had enough quartz to go again, and this time got Gil. It's a really slippery slope though, and I really advise against whaling in this game. Too little chance for payoff comparatively.

Regardless, I have a pretty solid team now, and am happy where I'm at. Not even looking at the summon screen until the Halloween units. This was a pretty bad few days.

chrono01

Well, I posted earlier today talking about how RNG in this game was really unforgiving, and I stand by it. I spent a bunch of money and had nothing to show for it, so I swore off spending and just kept leveling and doing free quests. Eventually I had enough quartz to go again, and this time got Gil. It's a really slippery slope though, and I really advise against whaling in this game. Too little chance for payoff comparatively.

Regardless, I have a pretty solid team now, and am happy where I'm at. Not even looking at the summon screen until the Halloween units. This was a pretty bad few days.
That's an insane team, holy hell. Nicely done!

I don't want to ask how much you spent though, haha. Some things are better left a mystery...

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Kind of want a triple Berserker team. Been using Tamamo Cat with friends' Heracles or Lancelot and it's pretty hilarious. I wanna go full carny now.

jonjonaug

Kind of want a triple Berserker team. Been using Tamamo Cat with friends' Heracles or Lancelot and it's pretty hilarious. I wanna go full carny now.

I have a Vlad/Tamamo/Herc team for cleaning up trash encounters. Berserker Smash is pretty cool, although it'll get creamed by any strong enemies that it can't kill in 1-2 turns. Also all of those Servants have weird leveling curves and the Berserker statues are the hardest ones to farm, so it isn't practical for high level play at the moment. Funny when going through free quests or lower level interludes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom