• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

So the only place to get that weird eye place is the garbage Friday daily that drop almost nothing, uhh......

Liz requires 15 Dragon Tooth for her 2nd ascension. Whoever thought that was a good idea should get fucked. I guess I'm never going to take her past 1st ascension lol

Kenai

Such BS that the enemy has no restriction on skill. Evade evade evade evade.

There are things that bypass evade/invincible but yea it is really annoying ~_~

Tried adding, but it's full now.

It counts requests in my queue toward the friend limit so deleted some. If your name's on the Gaf lit I give you priority (unless you are a lvl 1 Mash with no card :p )

Nice account, sent you an invite! I'm using a freshly re-rolled account so my levels are a little low, but I'll have em' increased before night's end!

I might have rejected you if you aren't on the gaf list but if I did resend again, since I know you'll be playing it for awhile that doesn't bother me

Articalys

Cool, got a Great Success leveling Jeanne after 1st ascension that took her straight to level 60. That'll save a bunch of QP and exp cards.

Moonlight

Banned
"Huh, I only need two more pieces to ascend Altera a second time."

maxresdefault.jpg

Tried spamming the 5 AP quest for them but I went through my entire bar and didn't get a single one. Groaned every time I beat a quest and all I had to show for it were 3* XP cards. Had to swap back to the 15 AP quest and eventually crawled my way to the two pieces I needed. Think I'm gonna take a break from the game until the Saber XP quest missions come back.

Rolled 120 quartz and 4 tickets, and all I have to show for it is... Three copies of Berserkerlot?! I mean, that's not a bad thing, Lancelot is a great EXP farmer, but now I'm reluctant to fold more than one copy into him, as his NP doesn't gain nearly as much extra damage after the first boost, but the investment to make more than one of him work... Geez...

Eh, I guess I already have Herc as well. If I want another AoE zerker, I guess I'd probably be better off trying to roll a separate Servant and just folding he extra copies into him. Thoughts?

pahamrick

Her third. I need Meteoric Horseshoes and apparently those don't drop anywhere besides some location at Okeanos.

Ah, yeah. I'm just going to wait for the event where you can trade for those, even if its going to be awhile. From what I saw on the JP version the drop rate for them in Okeanos isn't very good to begin with.

chrono01

I might have rejected you if you aren't on the gaf list but if I did resend again, since I know you'll be playing it for awhile that doesn't bother me
Haha, no worries. I am on the GAF list, but under the same ID as my first account so it's outdated (and no way to update, unfortunately). I'll send you another invite in a bit, if we're not already friends. Will check shortly!

chrono01

Is there any point to stockpile friend point (not sure if it has any friend summon events)
You could do what some Japanese players do and stockpile a lot to blow through before you do a Premium gatcha pull. Get a 3* pull from the FP gatcha? Summon on the premium right away for that 5* card while the gatcha is hot!

*This may or may not work out in your favor, and could just be superstition*

Is there even any way to stockpile friend points in the first place? Feels like they grow incredibly slowly.

You can farm them by doing a story mission that has a guest Servant. People do this in Fuyuki because it has a low AP cost. The guest gives 200 + 75 from The Beginning of the Journey CE. It adds up quick.

Is there even any way to stockpile friend points in the first place? Feels like they grow incredibly slowly.

Level up your servants with the best support skills in their class and offer them in your support lineup. Then wait until the XP days when they have class advantage.

Like, my level 40 3* Ushiwakamaru was pulling in respectable amounts of FP a few days ago.

Grazzt

You can actually get gold servant pieces from the 5/10AP, but they are very very very rare. 15/30AP they're more frequent. In about 30 runs of the 5AP daily, I only had 1 gold servant piece drop.
But silver pieces are more frequent in 5 ap quest, yes?

chrono01

After I grind a few more characters I might start farming these ascension materials (because I hate myself, and want to ascend them as soon as possible).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm just relying on people using my units as support. I get a few thousand points every time I log in. Someone on my list REALLY likes my Lancelot.

OVDRobo

But silver pieces are more frequent in 5 ap quest, yes?

I don't know about the 5AP quests but 15AP quests give a guaranteed piece/monument of the final enemy class and the potential to drop more from lesser enemies in the lead-up fights. I've been farming 15AP just so every time I complete it I'm definitely making some progress. Getting a decent amount of monument drops, too.

where do u go to kill roman servants
Rome, or Septem in the game to be precise. I know the game also puts roman servants such as Romulus in the daily quests, too.

Umbooki

Carmilla (2nd)
Altera (3rd)
Gil (2nd)
Saber Alter (2nd)

My current priorities for ascension (in that order). I'm thoroughly fucked.

Articalys

You can farm them by doing a story mission that has a guest Servant. People do this in Fuyuki because it has a low AP cost. The guest gives 200 + 75 from The Beginning of the Journey CE. It adds up quick.
Yeah, I've been using the NPC supports whenever possible and keep that CE active in my team at all times, but the story ones dry up eventually. They do give a good boost when they're available though.
Level up your servants with the best support skills in their class and offer them in your support lineup. Then wait until the XP days when they have class advantage.

Like, my level 40 3* Ushiwakamaru was pulling in respectable amounts of FP a few days ago.
So at the moment, there are 5* for Archer, Saber, Caster, and Berserker (and Jeanne), and 4* for everyone except Caster. Since the only top-of-the-class (well, only in her class) I have is Jeanne, I'm not sure if I would ever be chosen over somebody else for any other class. She's ascended at level 60 right now, so that's the best I can do.
I'm just relying on people using my units as support. I get a few thousand points every time I log in. Someone on my list REALLY likes my Lancelot.
That's just luck.

Game is still fun for me but I have really bad luck with the gacha. Focusing on the story with the characters I have seems fine.

The game actually motivated me to play One Piece Treasure Cruise again and finishing the main stories. Still my favorite gacha game, but Fate Grand/Order might be the second best I played yet. Let's see in a few months ;)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah, I've been using the NPC supports whenever possible and keep that CE active in my team at all times, but the story ones dry up eventually. They do give a good boost when they're available though.

So at the moment, there are 5* for Archer, Saber, Caster, and Berserker (and Jeanne), and 4* for everyone except Caster. Since the only top-of-the-class (well, only in her class) I have is Jeanne, I'm not sure if I would ever be chosen over somebody else for any other class. She's ascended at level 60 right now, so that's the best I can do.

That's just luck.

I'm not sure I'd say it's just luck. What I see some people on my friends list doing wrong is using the wrong CE. If your servant is going to be useful that day, make sure he or she has the best NP buffing CE you have. I always put +60 or 80 NP CEs on my useful guys. No content is hard right now, so friends will be picking your servant for farming missions. So, being able to fire off a NP early makes farming a lot faster. Once I started to do this, my FP rocketed. I also figure people sort by attack when picking servants, so I buff up attack however I can, e.g. Leveling my CE. Every bit helps! Anyway, I'm sitting at 90k FP at the moment, even after a bunch of summons over the last week.

Baalzebup

Super weird. I got a Lancer Monument from the Novice Duel. None of the drop list documents list that as a possibility. Edit: Nevermind, the cirnopedia list does have it as a possible drop.

Zafir

I'm not sure I'd say it's just luck. What I see some people on my friends list doing wrong is using the wrong CE. If your servant is going to be useful that day, make sure he or she has the best NP buffing CE you have. I always put +60 or 80 NP CEs on my useful guys. No content is hard right now, so friends will be picking your servant for farming missions. So, being able to fire off a NP early makes farming a lot faster. Once I started to do this, my FP rocketed. I also figure people sort by attack when picking servants, so I buff up attack however I can, e.g. Leveling my CE. Every bit helps! Anyway, I'm sitting at 90k FP at the moment, even after a bunch of summons over the last week.

It's early days though, not everyone has a Kaleidoscope or a Imaginary Number Magecraft and the 3* one only starts you at 30% so if you have a higher rarity CE of a different type which can greatly benefit the unit it might be better. Such as Formal Craft on a Arts focused character like Waver or Jeanne.

Uthred

It's early days though, not everyone has a Kaleidoscope or a Imaginary Number Magecraft and the 3* one only starts you at 30% so if you have a higher rarity CE of a different type which can greatly benefit the unit it might be better. Such as Formal Craft on a Arts focused character like Waver or Jeanne.

Does formal craft affect NP gain?

chrono01

Man, we needs those events soon. Manuallymgrinsing the ascension materials is brutal. I think I'll just go back to XP dailies, at least I always get great rank XP out of it, as well as cards to burn.

So is it a meme that people like using Sasaki Kojiro to kill like everything in the game? I know he is pretty damn good for a 1* but it's hilarious that people have random videos on youtube and battles of him soloing endgame bosses.

Slashlen

Much better luck on mats today, only 2 away from getting Jeanne to 80. Assuming I don't get horrible luck, should be able to do it the next time it's up.

Articalys

Yeah, best I have is the 3* one that give you 30% at the start. Not too appealing.

Should I also prioritize characters with multi-target NP then?

Strimei

Welp, made my choice with the free 4* after a lot of thinking (and input from you guys). Sorry Tamacat, maybe I"ll roll you at some later point. Went with EMIYA in the end.

So now my front line is EMIYA, Cu, and Herc. With Sasaki on the back line, I could just level up Medea and pray for Medusa, and use Saber Lily as a replacement, and I got the main FSN crew (not counting Gil since he's a cheater and CA Hassan, though I do have him).

Articalys

Does formal craft affect NP gain?

As far as I understood it does since it says "effectiveness" which kind of suggests it isn't just strength?

I'm not 100% sure on that though, maybe someone who has played the JP version knows.
Anything that increases "effectiveness" boosts all the properties of that card, so for Arts cards it boosts both NP gain and damage dealt. Similarly, a CE that boost effectiveness for Quick would boost damage, NP, and stars from those cards.

A CE that explicitly says it boosts NP gain, on the other hand, boosts only the NP part, but does so for any card, so Arts and Quick cards would both get a slightly increased NP gain (and neither would get a damage boost).
Might be good to get a FAQ for actually asked questions compiled somewhere.

M.J. Doja

Banned
A fun team has been: Emiya, Saber Alter(from my friends list), Jeanne.

Emiya and Jeanne have QAAAB setups and Alter has QAABB. Haven't really found any other teams with any synergy yet. It's fun building up NP and obliterating stuff with AOE.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Might be good to get a FAQ for actually asked questions compiled somewhere.

If I did an FAQ for every little thing and how every mechanic works then it'd be too long and I might as well write a guide for the game. If people have questions, myself or others are gladly willing to answer them. Our discord is also active so that's an avenue and there's a useful info section there as well.

And considering how people don't really read the OP and ask questions anyway, compiling an FAQ is pointless. You might do yourself a favor of checking the FAQ in the OP but I've noticed that historically people don't. No point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom