• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Well, whaled a bit trying to get Gil and got shit but some CE's. Feels very bad. The rates in this game are just really really awful.

Lesson learned though.

Mupod

2 more berserker pieces left. Thiers droprate sucks a lot. Just wanna get Vlad ascended so I can grind the exp daily and pump him up to 70 while we have increased chance of super success.

Anyone remember if the Septem story quests give a few out? I think I got one from the first quest there. Can't really do that stuff at lunch since it's time consuming.

luminous

With the three summon tickets given out for this event, can you hold onto them, or will they disappear when the event ends?

You can save them if you want. There's no expiration on tickets (as long as you claim them from the present box of course).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
92 max AP, more than enough AP to recover during sleepy time.

Now what to grind...

This is my goal in all gacha games. Get to the point where I can put the game down for a while without hitting energy cap. 10 hours is where I feel most comfortable. Time to grind!

Well, whaled a bit trying to get Gil and got shit but some CE's. Feels very bad. The rates in this game are just really really awful.

Lesson learned though.

The rates are unforgiving. I really wish this game had a pity meter like FEH, but I do realize that's rare among gacha games.

Pejo

The rates are unforgiving. I really wish this game had a pity meter like FEH, but I do realize that's rare among gacha games.

What's really disheartening is that the 4* servant rates are almost as bad as the 5* rates. In most gacha, it takes the sting off to at least get something decent, but out of the pulling I did, I didn't get a single 4* even. Just CE's.

Highs and lows I guess, but all those people lucking into Gil on day 1 have no idea how lucky they are. "Oh I used a ticket and got Gil, cool I guess".

I play enough gacha games that you'd think I'd not let sentences like that get to me anymore, but they still do.

commish

"Oh I used a ticket and got Gil, cool I guess".

I play enough gacha games that you'd think I'd not let sentences like that get to me anymore, but they still do.

Oh, I hate when people post this type of nonsense. "I didn't even want him but I got him on my first pull" or "I just pulled these 3 rare characters. Is that good?" etc etc. And it's always someone who rarely ever posts.

/gacha game rage ;)

I actually stopped posting when I get good pulls because all it is is bragging and serves no purpose. But I sure do like to whine when I get bad pulls. :)

Mathematics

Neo Member
What's really disheartening is that the 4* servant rates are almost as bad as the 5* rates. In most gacha, it takes the sting off to at least get something decent, but out of the pulling I did, I didn't get a single 4* even. Just CE's.

Highs and lows I guess, but all those people lucking into Gil on day 1 have no idea how lucky they are. "Oh I used a ticket and got Gil, cool I guess".

I would love to get a pity meter in this game. One servant is not worth a potential flagship phone (I need an upgrade before I become a dolphin in this game).

The yolo rolls and the multi 5* pulls. Sometimes I take it too seriously but makes me feel like I'm losing.
And come next month we'll look at our friends list and see these same people have dropped the game.

Quonny

Nothing wrong with bragging.

What bugs me is when someone complains when they didn't roll a character when they only had a 22% chance to get said character. Sometimes I just have to question if people know what odds are.

commish

Nothing wrong with bragging.

What bugs me is when someone complains when they didn't roll a character when they only had a 22% chance to get said character. Sometimes I just have to question if people know what odds are.

I think I'd be okay with bragging if it actually required anything other than luck. All it means is that RNG favored you.

Mupod

FEH's pity rate is kinda dangerous in its own way. "man I'm at 5.5%, I'd be crazy not to spend a little more or all those orbs will have been wasted" - quote from man who then got $80 worth of 3* Subakis

that said I plan doing a LOT of hoarding and can't even imagine not getting anything in 200+ pulls. It'd be nice if you could just guarantee something after spending an insane amount - I think Granblue does that?

Also speaking of Granblue I was totally that guy, I only played it for like 4 days and I got a Ferry on my first try. I had to post about it.

With the three summon tickets given out for this event, can you hold onto them, or will they disappear when the event ends?
The tickets used for the shop will expire after the event, but the tickets used for the summoning Will stay with you.

At this stage i'm actually wondering what the drop rate for ascension mats are, been trying to get dragon fangs and snake eyes all day without much to show for it. I think I only got 1 eye and I need like 6.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
3% for a 4* is rather pitiful, now that I think about it.

T-Rex.

Banned
I know it's the same rate as the JP server, but it feels like the NA one has more generous rates. It's obviously not the case, but it's still weird seeing a lot of people have more than one 5* this early in the game.

Draxal

FEH's pity rate is kinda dangerous in its own way. "man I'm at 5.5%, I'd be crazy not to spend a little more or all those orbs will have been wasted" - quote from man who then got $80 worth of 3* Subakis

that said I plan doing a LOT of hoarding and can't even imagine not getting anything in 200+ pulls. It'd be nice if you could just guarantee something after spending an insane amount - I think Granblue does that?

Also speaking of Granblue I was totally that guy, I only played it for like 4 days and I got a Ferry on my first try. I had to post about it.

Granblue its after 300 rolls (and there's still stuff that can't be gotten that way).

Granblue has the surprise tickets which are the best thing in the business though.

As for FEH, i've seen a person get up to 6.5 so it can be very dangerous that way.

T-Rex.

Banned
But in most gacha 4* is almost as useless as a 3*. They are almost never used outside of niche situation. I am not sure about this game.
People are doing some of the latest missions using a team of Cu's (3* servant). FGO is pretty great in that aspect.

commish

3% for a 4* is rather pitiful, now that I think about it.

I guess the benefit is that each 4* can be very valuable and used for a long, long time. In theory, all you need for FGO is 2 or so strong units and some good friends. In FEH, by comparison, you need a bunch of units to complete everything. I mean, squad assault took 20.

FGO gets away with this shit because the game is designed that you can still complete it with Bronze and Silver servants. Not to mention the Welfare 4*s they give away for events, some of whom are completely broken in their own right.

jonjonaug

2 more berserker pieces left. Thiers droprate sucks a lot. Just wanna get Vlad ascended so I can grind the exp daily and pump him up to 70 while we have increased chance of super success.

Anyone remember if the Septem story quests give a few out? I think I got one from the first quest there. Can't really do that stuff at lunch since it's time consuming.

Where are you grinding berserker pieces I need some

Mathematics

Neo Member
Will mana prism be more valuable later? Thinking of doing the 15AP EXP quest to burn 3* exp card.

Later on: tickets (5 per month), 4* exp paks, HP/Atk Fou's will refresh monthly.

There will be limited CEs that go for like 1k each (5k to max one). QP boost, master exp, mystic code, bond points. They are later added to the rare prism shop, but you need to burn 4*/5* servants for these

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
People are doing some of the latest missions using a team of Cu's (3* servant). FGO is pretty great in that aspect.
I guess the benefit is that each 4* can be very valuable and used for a long, long time. In theory, all you need for FGO is 2 or so strong units and some good friends. In FEH, by comparison, you need a bunch of units to complete everything. I mean, squad assault took 20.
True, although I'm not sure how big a deal the lower level caps are. Do players of the Japanese version need to grail characters like Lancer Cu to do harder content?

FGO gets away with this shit because the game is designed that you can still complete it with Bronze and Silver servants. Not to mention the Welfare 4*s they give away for events, some of whom are completely broken in their own right.
Yeah, the freebies do seem great, and it generally seems like events provide the ascension materials and enough copies to max their NP.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't mind the bragging. What I do mind is people posting "Hey I got this X new super rare character? Is this good? Should I reroll?"

Like... LUL? Wtf do you think?

OVDRobo

I can understand being slightly annoyed if people are posting their pulls constantly to rub it in other's faces but a lot of the time, it's not done with malicious intent. It feels bad to see someone excited about getting something you really wanted but didn't get but that's the gacha's fault, not theirs. You've got to expect some abuse when you play games like this.

I'd agree with getting irritated at people for posting their gacha pulls if it was a tertiary element of the game, but pulling is the main reason people play these things. Every action you take in the game is to get another chance at getting that character that you really want. Of course people are going to talk about it when they get really lucky or don't.

I agree with people posting stuff like 'I've got the 3 best characters in the game, should I reroll?' being poorly-masked stealth bragging sometimes, but who knows how many times they've replayed through the introduction to get exactly what they want? It might just be general ignorance of what's good and what isn't.

Sciel

I've gotten a claw from 15AP, but I assume you need teeth.

Apparently those are just in the 5AP?
Ah yeah. Thanks for the info, was actually farming elsewhere for it lol.

I actually started playing FE:H at the same time as FGO.
Don't intend to start a mobage war but while FGO has lower rates, it seems FE:H has layers of RNG stacked on top of each other?.
On top of my head:
1. 3% base chance for a 5*. I think this is fair with the pity mechanic.
2. Chance to not get the Orb color you want in the summon circle.
3. Chance to get shitty IVs.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
FE:H's summoning circle isn't really extra RNG, it's just doing what every other gacha game does (i.e. randomly drawing from a pool), but then hiding them and giving you the choice of how many to summon, and which types/colors you want from what's drawn. Overall it's actually pretty useful if you're sniping for a specific color.

Draxal

FE:H's summoning circle isn't really extra RNG, it's just doing what every other gacha game does (i.e. randomly drawing from a pool), but then hiding them and giving you the choice of how many to summon, and which types/colors you want from what's drawn. Overall it's actually pretty useful if you're sniping for a specific color.

Ayup, its just the IVS are a complete drag.

Ah yeah. Thanks for the info, was actually farming elsewhere for it lol.

I actually started playing FE:H at the same time as FGO.
Don't intend to start a mobage war but while FGO has lower rates, it seems FE:H has layers of RNG stacked on top of each other?.
On top of my head:
1. 3% base chance for a 5*. I think this is fair with the pity mechanic.
2. Chance to not get the Orb color you want in the summon circle.
3. Chance to get shitty IVs.

It's actually 6% for a 5*, you add up the two 3%. Its 3% only on focus, which you can take advantage of by not pulling nodes that are offcolor during a pull. (For example the current swimsuit banner has 1 blue, 1 green and 2 grey units; the best chance of getting a 5 Star would be grey for this banner and the worst would be red).

Zafir

I can understand being slightly annoyed if people are posting their pulls constantly to rub it in other's faces but a lot of the time, it's not done with malicious intent. It feels bad to see someone excited about getting something you really wanted but didn't get but that's the gacha's fault, not theirs. You've got to expect some abuse when you play games like this.

I'd agree with getting irritated at people for posting their gacha pulls if it was a tertiary element of the game, but pulling is the main reason people play these things. Every action you take in the game is to get another chance at getting that character that you really want. Of course people are going to talk about it when they get really lucky or don't.

I agree with people posting stuff like 'I've got the 3 best characters in the game, should I reroll?' being poorly-masked stealth bragging sometimes, but who knows how many times they've replayed through the introduction to get exactly what they want? It might just be general ignorance of what's good and what isn't.
Yeah.

As someone who has absolute dogshit luck in some other gacha games. Like only pulling 2 base 5 stars in ffbe in a year of playing(ignoring one which I got from a guaranteed pull). I ended up posting my last two insane 10 pulls on this because of excitement and shock really.

I apologise to anyone who thought they'd been posted with a malicious intent. I know how it feels to see loads of people post how they got this great character and you got absolutely nothing from 50 plus pulls. It's disappointing to say the least. Especially when it keeps happening.

I think blame should be placed on the game rather than the players. The rates are tragic.

Draxal

Made me quit. RNG on RNG is straight up bullshit.

But they're both gacha, so at the end of the day, we're all in this festering pit together.

I'm a fire emblem whore (especially for FE4) so I'm in for the long haul, but there's nothing as deflating as pulling a rare as fuck unit, then watching her/him be negative speed or attack.

elty

Well FEH

3% base + 3% focus chance

Assume that 2 of the focus hero is the same color, you have a 1.5% chance of getting the 5* you want. Then of all the IV, roughly 40% is not desirable (-ATK or -SPD).

So....

1.8% chance to get a non focus 5*
1.2% chance to get a non focus 5*, with bad IV
0.45% chance to get the focus 5* you want
0.3% chance to get the focus 5* you want, with bad IV
0.45% chance to get the focus 5* you don't want
0.3% chance to get the focus 5* you don't want, with bad IV

FGO

0.6% to get the focus 5*
0.4% to get the non focus 5*

The FEH summon circle is actually a great feature. Imagine in FGO, that after you click the "10x summon" you are shown the class (not rarity) of your draw. Each card you actually flip and reveal will cost 3 SG, and It will allow you to back out from the draw as long as you flip one card.

If you are drawing for Gil, do you still flip all 10 cards even if non of them are archer? Or do you just flip one, then cut your lost?

Zafir

Yeah I really like the summon circle in FEH. It actually can increase the rate since you can just snipe colours which have more units on rate up or has the unit you're after.

That all said due to the way this game is done a summon circle thing wouldn't work. Good idea when it does though.

Natures are straight up bullshit though. Especially since some natures can straight up ruin a unit. - SPD being the best example but -ATK too in some cases.

Draxal

For heroes its less then that (+SPD matters a ton when its often the difference between doubling and not being doubled, but -ATK; +SPD can be a killer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom