• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I try to make sure 1 have one high level character of every class, which also works out mats-wise.

Right now, I farm the 40 AP XP daily till everyone I want is leveled (also stockpiling for those to be ascended soon), run 30 AP XP once for prisms, run 1x 40 AP cash daily once for those prisms. Rest of my AP is used either for mat farming or prism farming, mostly mat farming.
Right now I have the following pieces:
Caster, Berserker x 7
Saber x 8
Archer, Lancer, Rider x 9
Assassin x 11
I could ascend Jeanne, powerlevel her, then ascend her again immediately at the expense of not being able to ascend much else for a while, or I can ascend somebody from each class, or Jeanne once and one each from the Warrior classes...

Still don't have enough strong people yet to clear the Expert dailies, and I don't even know which types of materials I would want to focus on gathering first.

pahamrick

Well, I posted earlier today talking about how RNG in this game was really unforgiving, and I stand by it. I spent a bunch of money and had nothing to show for it, so I swore off spending and just kept leveling and doing free quests. Eventually I had enough quartz to go again, and this time got Gil. It's a really slippery slope though, and I really advise against whaling in this game. Too little chance for payoff comparatively.

Regardless, I have a pretty solid team now, and am happy where I'm at. Not even looking at the summon screen until the Halloween units. This was a pretty bad few days.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on spending anything right now on the game, but I ended up blowing all my Google Rewards credit I'd been hoarding in my quest to get Jeanne. Still no luck there, so I'm just going to hoard quartz until there's another featured servant I want. If I hadn't gotten Gil, I'd probably still be blowing every last free quartz I earned trying to get him.

As it is, my support setup isn't quite where I want it (for Lancer and Caster, at least) but I'm happy with it for now.

v4Vjwyc.jpg

I just wish that if the game was going to keep throwing Saber classes at me, it'd at least give me 5* Artoria.

Kenai

Reposting for the newer ppl and oldies with newer accounts. Finished grinding for now. Gonna stick to light mana prism/mat farming and the story/free quests until I hit my 300 SQ stockpile goal. Will prune people who don't log in for more than 3 weeks too.

I think I coulda done a lot worse for not spending a dime (til the guaranteed 5* banners anyway). Just need a gud Saber and Iskandar and I'll be happy.

Moonlight

Banned
Is it worthwhile putting XP into Shielder and does she eventually become more useful aside from having that NP Gain/Invincible skill?

pahamrick

Is it worthwhile putting XP into Shielder and does she eventually become more useful aside from having that NP Gain/Invincible skill?

She has a perm. place in my sub slots because her invincible skill has saved me from wiping several times. Its silly not to use her if you don't have enough cost to pad out your team due to it being eaten up by your main servants + essences. She's just too good as an emergency backup with that 0 cost imo.

chrono01

Reposting for the newer ppl and oldies with newer accounts. Finished grinding for now. Gonna stick to light mana prism/mat farming and the story/free quests until I hit my 300 SQ stockpile goal. Will prune people who don't log in for more than 3 weeks too.

I think I coulda done a lot worse for not spending a dime (til the guaranteed 5* banners anyway). Just need a gud Saber and Iskandar and I'll be happy.
Nice account, sent you an invite! I'm using a freshly re-rolled account so my levels are a little low, but I'll have em' increased before night's end!

Definitely she's worth it.

Kenai

She will be worthwhile as a pt member for a long, long time since the cost to keep her in your pt is 0 and she eventually becomes a 4* when the story allows it. As an example I am close to lvl 56 and I only have room for 3 units + her + cards equipped. I couldn't even afford to put in a 4th member yet, let alone a 5th to replace her, after all that grinding I did.

Moonlight

Banned
Good to know. I like her the most of the bunch, but given that she has no priority against the other classes and she's your main freebie had me a bit worried she'd be outclassed besides being 0-cost.

Kieli

Got lucky and got Gilly with my first summon ticket :)lol). Is he any good? I'm currently running with Mashu & EMIYA.

Should I spend the rest of my tickets or hold on to them? Same with quartz? I wanna get Zhuge Liang/Waver, so I should probably stick with regular roll?

Got lucky and got Gilly with my first summon ticket :)lol). Is he any good? I'm currently running with Mashu & EMIYA.

Should I spend the rest of my tickets or hold on to them? Same with quartz? I wanna get Zhuge Liang/Waver, so I should probably stick with regular roll?

Believe me, there's plenty of Waver to go around in the event roll.

Kenai

Good to know. I like her the most of the bunch, but given that she has no priority against the other classes and she's your main freebie had me a bit worried she'd be outclassed besides being 0-cost.

Technically she is outclassed in a fair amount of ways (she does like no dmg cause nothing is weak to her) but that 0 cost by itself is a pretty big deal and her buffing skills start out pretty good and become even better as the story goes on.

Sorry, what does this mean? Should I just rely on the friends mechanic to use Waver?

Since Waver was the first "top tier even in JP" unit and available from the get-go a lot of people at launch rerolled accounts til they got him. Gil isn't technically as good as Waver overall but he's still great and you might as well keep him if you don't feel any particular attachment to Waver since they are good at different things + you can find some free Wavers for hire easy enough via friend summon. Plus you might be rerolling for quite a while, 5* 1% rate is baaaad and Waver isn't really good until you level him up (50+) and have a solid team for him to support.

I guess I'll just keep playing the exp dailies until I literally can't hold any more 4* xp cards... but then what?

Materials are the real grind.

Tried adding, but it's full now.

chrono01

I leveled and ascended both Waver and Gilgamesh from 1-60 in a single evening. I never want to see another EXP dungeon again, and yet my stamina is still over-filled.

...I guess it's back to the grind later today to finish off leveling the rest of my characters. The 1/2 stamina daily is just too good, both for EXP as well as rank-grinding.

pahamrick

I leveled and ascended both Waver and Gilgamesh from 1-60 in a single evening. I never want to see another EXP dungeon again, and yet my stamina is still over-filled.

...I guess it's back to the grind later today to finish off leveling the rest of my characters. The 1/2 stamina daily is just too good, both for EXP as well as rank-grinding.

That's what I should get back to doing, but I've been blowing all my AP on getting ascension materials. I'm one piece away from being able to ascend Altera to 70.

chrono01

That's what I should get back to doing, but I've been blowing all my AP on getting ascension materials. I'm one piece away from being able to ascend Altera to 70.
Nice, pre-congrats on that!

I'm hoping we get an event soon so I won't have to do that. The drop-rates for the items, for a class you're going after in-particular, is painfully low. :(

Right now I have the following pieces:
Caster, Berserker x 7
Saber x 8
Archer, Lancer, Rider x 9
Assassin x 11
I could ascend Jeanne, powerlevel her, then ascend her again immediately at the expense of not being able to ascend much else for a while, or I can ascend somebody from each class, or Jeanne once and one each from the Warrior classes...

Still don't have enough strong people yet to clear the Expert dailies, and I don't even know which types of materials I would want to focus on gathering first.

Who else is in your party and what level are they now? A level 70 Jeanne can probably take on most things with a good support. I don't have Jeanne myself but 2 max level 4-5, unascended with a 60 Jeanne can take on rec Lvl 40 dailies, assuming you are neutral to the enemies, since that was what I was doing a few days ago. High level Jeannes are also good for raking in the friend points

pahamrick

Nice, pre-congrats on that!

I'm hoping we get an event soon so I won't have to do that. The drop-rates for the items, for a class you're going after in-particular, is painfully low. :(

Done. Altera is ascended, rip my stockpile of 250+ AP. Back down to 2.

Man, I want Saber pieces and I'm getting anything but that. I even got 2 Saber Monuments. I'm doing the 15 AP Daily...

Its probably all RNG, but I was actually having better luck at getting pieces with the 5 and 10 AP daily. Two times I got 3 pieces (Saber x2, Archer x1 - Archer x2, Lancer x1) from the 5ap.

Articalys

Who else is in your party and what level are they now? A level 70 Jeanne can probably take on most things with a good support. I don't have Jeanne myself but 2 max level 4-5, unascended with a 60 Jeanne can take on rec Lvl 40 dailies, assuming you are neutral to the enemies, since that was what I was doing a few days ago. High level Jeannes are also good for raking in the friend points
Only other 4* are Herc and EMIYA (Saber Lily doesn't count), so I don't have the neutral advantage. 3* ready to ascend are Lancer/Caster Cu, Ushi, Medea, and Jing Ke.

Sciel

I need 5 Claws of Chaos/Chaos Fangs to ascend my Saber Alter to Stage 3.

It has a droprate of 3.1% from a 15AP Stage in Septum. Doesn't seem to drop in any dailies either.

Help.

Only other 4* are Herc and EMIYA (Saber Lily doesn't count), so I don't have the neutral advantage. 3* ready to ascend are Lancer/Caster Cu, Ushi, Medea, and Jing Ke.

Lvl 60 Jeanne + Lvl 40 Emiya + another Jeanne/Waver/Lancer/Rider (pref with AOE NP) friend should be good enough. When I said neutral, I meant not taking extra damage, so for example Lvl 50 Altera (Saber) + Lvl 40 Marie (Rider) + Lvl 60 Jeanne can take the 40 AP Saber/Rider Daily, possibly using a Command Seal if unlucky. If you ascend them once each, then it should be fairly straightforward.

You just have to go slow and spam Arts, taking out the ones that charge NP in 3 turns first with brave/buster chains. At wave 3 unleash your stored NP and wipe / close to wipe the last wave in one shot. Jeanne plus emiya has a lot of arts cards, so feel free to use an NP whenever things look hairy. Its slow going, but you probably won't die. Have Herc in the last support slot for mop up.

I would ascend everyone once with Jeanne/EMIYA having priority. Then ascend the either the others or Jeanne depending on mats (if Jeanne can ascend twice just do it since you can use her for almost any quest).

Qurupeke

2nd Ascension to Altria and Emiya, while I also ascended Atalanta. Feels good. I'd also like to ascend Herc again, but I'm missing a couple of these Octuplet Crystals...

... 10 Saber Pieces from today's daily. -_-

Where the heck are you Gil and Liz.

lmao

I never got Saber and I had met about 5-6 Gilgamesh.

elty

So I discussed it more with my friend and they're fine with Waver/Vlad (my current account, well former now I guess), so I'm starting over (...again...) for the third time, thanks to the Waver/Gilgamesh account elty gifted me yesterday. I'm giving up 2x 5* Craft Essences that was on my Waver/Vlad account (one of them being a Kaleidoscope), but I don't care. I'm playing this for the characters not the CE, and Gilgamesh is one of my favorites (I just love his smugness). Plus, by doing it this way the Gilgamesh "remains within GAF", so there's that too. :)

So, that's right. For the third (and final!) time, I'm in need of friends. I have Waver, Saber Lily, Gilgamesh, Lancer, Marie, Amadeus, Jing Ke, and Heracles set as my supports, although they obviously need to be leveled (which, good thing for the half AP dailies, shouldn't take too long at all). My ID is: 703,331,943.

As for my former Waver/Vlad account, as mentioned my friend will be playing that one as it's now theirs, so feel free to remove that one from your Friend List or keep it there, it's up to you.

Sorry for all of the confusion to those who added my prior accounts, but it often takes me a while to settle into a gatcha account (it's difficult to please me, I guess). Anyway, I promise that this is the last time I re-roll/start over. I really do mean it this time. Honest!

Added, I still kind of want to keep that account because it only took 15 rolls to get Waver/Gil vs 35 rolls on mine. But I guess I am lazy to restart.

xequalsy

So, that's right. For the third (and final!) time, I'm in need of friends. I have Waver, Saber Lily, Gilgamesh, Lancer, Marie, Amadeus, Jing Ke, and Heracles set as my supports, although they obviously need to be leveled (which, good thing for the half AP dailies, shouldn't take too long at all). My ID is: 703,331,943.

Wow, you are super dedicated into levelling up your guys though! I'm already sick of doing dailies at half AP for just the one account. Sent a request.

elty

I guess this is a good opportunity to level up all of my 1/2/3* servant. Then will will just spam the 15 AP Exp to burn 3* card for mana prism.

I guess I'll try this 5 AP farming method for Saber pieces.

It will go fast with a 3 Berserker party comp lol. Loading will take longer than the actual fights.

chrono01

Added, I still kind of want to keep that account because it only took 15 rolls to get Waver/Gil vs 35 rolls on mine. But I guess I am lazy to restart.
Accepted!

I know, I'm a little insane for starting over again, haha. I just really wanted Gilgamesh, and wasn't able to give up my Waver. Thankfully this way, I have both! Thanks again!

Wow, you are super dedicated into levelling up your guys though! I'm already sick of doing dailies at half AP for just the one account. Sent a request.
I know, I'm a determined one when I set my mind to it. I'll try to have my 3/4* level-capped today (at least, up past their first ascension since beyond that the materials are a little difficult to obtain. BTW, friend request accepted!

If I just play the main story, will I get ascension pieces for the beserker class?

Yup, enough for at least the first ascension.

Second ascension done for Altera, Gil has the pieces, but only one eye. And that 3% or so drop rate according to the new chart is pretty depressing. Pretty much everyone on the team has first ascension done, but missing both pieces and mats for number 2, just going to take it slow for now

Am farming the advanced daily instead of intermediate. Having a guaranteed drop at the final boss feels good, though still a one in 3 chance of getting the boss you want. Elizabeth isn't appearing for my Lancer pieces, but I got a nice set of Saber and Archer ones.

5 AP method is amazing.

160 AP spent.

Final total:
10 Saber pieces
15 Archer pieces
12 Lancer pieces

Ended up with 22 Void Salt which is more than the 15 I needed.

Now to 2nd ascend Altera!

Deadly

5 AP method is amazing.

160 AP spent.

Final total:
10 Saber pieces
15 Archer pieces
12 Lancer pieces

Ended up with 22 Void Salt which is more than the 15 I needed.

Now to 2nd ascend Altera!
Void Salt still drops in the 5AP one? Drop rate excel said most efficient was the highest AP one, guess I'll switch.

Void Salt still drops in the 5AP one? Drop rate excel said most efficient was the highest AP one, guess I'll switch.

It does. Sometimes I was getting 2 Void Salts from one run of 5 AP. But I think that Void Salts only dropped like every 8-10 runs of 5 AP, I wasn't really counting.

I think if you're specifically farming for the Void Salts 30 AP is more efficient but if you also need pieces, by far the most efficient for just pieces appears to be 5 AP just because of the sheer quantity of Servants you kill who all have a chance of dropping pieces. Plus it's amazing how fast you can do the 5 AP, Triple Berserkers meant I was clearing the 5 AP in exactly 3 turns.

I need to do this to farm Berserker pieces sometime. Herc is still stuck at level 40.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I think the 15 AP one is the best tbh. RNG is RNG but I had too many runs with no drops in the 5 AP level. Unknown soldier had far better luck than I did over 50 or so runs. Plus you get very little XP. 15 or bust!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom