• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

If I did an FAQ for every little thing and how every mechanic works then it'd be too long and I might as well write a guide for the game. If people have questions, myself or others are gladly willing to answer them. Our discord is also active so that's an avenue and there's a useful info section there as well.
...I never said anything about you making one? Not sure why you're getting defensive over nothing.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
...I never said anything about you making one? Not sure why you're getting defensive over nothing.

Because you've made digs a few times in this thread about having a useful FAQ previously in this thread and then made mention of the meme one in the OP once.

And I wasn't trying to come off rude. If I did I apologize. I was merely responding because i implied it was addressed to me based off your mentions of FAQs previously.

Mupod

oh shit the first order event quest gives you one of every ascension piece. That would've been nice to know last night when I was farming them...

Uthred

10 more caster piece to 2nd ascend Waver.... oh my. Not sure if I will get them.

I just ground them out over the last two hours or so, was murder, sort of relieved that the pieces needed for his next ascension arent available in game at the moment ;) Ground them out on the 30 (15 at the mo) stage, then just saw that apparently the drop rate is better on the middle stage. Though I needed dust as well so no big deal.

chrono01

I love how this game knows exactly the type of Servant you're grinding ascension materials for, and never gives you the Servants as mobs/bosses.

Ugh.

Kenai

I love how this game knows exactly the type of Servant you're grinding ascension materials for, and never gives you the Servants as mobs/bosses.

Ugh.

For serious. It took the better part of 3 HOURS yesterday to get a single Archer piece so I could break Emiya level cap.

vareon

Wow, the Lvl 40 daily for today is hard. Not sure if farming them today is a good idea since I can't build a team around it yet.

chrono01

I tried, back to XP dailies I go. Gonna farm as many gold XP cards as I can and archive them for future characters (after I level everything that I can).

Ok after having fun with people's servants I'm kinda regretting going the waifu route. As much as I love LizCat I think the fanboy in me need/wants a ArturiaGil combo.

OVDRobo

Ok after having fun with people's servants I'm kinda regretting going the waifu route. As much as I love LizCat I think the fanboy in me need/wants a ArturiaGil combo.

Eh. Do you. There's less fun in to be found in gacha games if you only go for raw efficiency over the characters you like.

This game's particularly good for this mindset because of the way it allows you to use friend units. I'm sure there will be a few places here and there where you'll have to bend and use some top-tier units but for the most part you can clear a good amount of content with just your favorites and some overpowered friends.

It's not as though you can choose what units you get from here out anyway aside from targeted rolls so you'll probably end up with a decent unit or two that you don't like accidentally. I should know, being stuck with Gil.

There's 4 types, did you watch to the end and see Happy With His 3* Servants Guy

Ugh.

The Desire Sensor is a real thing. You can try to fool it by pretending you're farming for something other than what you want! Sometimes it works!

Eh. Do you. There's less fun in to be found in gacha games if you only go for raw efficiency over the characters you like.

This game's particularly good for this mindset because of the way it allows you to use friend units. I'm sure there will be a few places here and there where you'll have to bend and use some top-tier units but for the most part you can clear a good amount of content with just your favorites and some overpowered friends.

It's not as though you can choose what units you get from here out anyway aside from targeted rolls so you'll probably end up with a decent unit or two that you don't like accidentally. I should know, being stuck with Gil.
Yeah I see what you're saying. That's how I am in GBF, I stayed far away from top tier units and just prioritized my love for the Erunes lol. I just love seeing Gil's animations which remind me of how much an ass he is haha. What's your friend ID? I think I've seen one two Gils pop up on my friend list.

Strimei

Hell I heard about how some japanese players have completed everything available with Angra Mainyu, and he's the sole zero star servant. Of course, there are always those sorts of players that do weird stuff like that (i.e. there's always some player in an mmo that solos the final boss or the whole final raid with a pet, that sorta thing), but still.

chrono01

Yeah I see what you're saying. That's how I am in GBF, I stayed far away from top tier units and just prioritized my love for the Erunes lol. I just love seeing Gil's animations which remind me of how much an ass he is haha. What's your friend ID? I think I've seen one two Gils pop up on my friend list.
Feel free to add me (if we're not already friends). ID is: 703,331,943.

d(^_^)v

Also, I'm sitting at 791/71 stamina. I wonder if I can spend it all tonight before sleep, without ranking up more causing it to build and build...

I'm at around 200/70 range and since the next stuff on my plate are Proof of Heroes to ascend Emiya, gotta go back to story and get all that AP wasted.

I dreaded it at first, but now that the honeymoon's going to be over, I do miss having a ton of stamina. -_-;

chrono01

I'm at around 200/70 range and since the next stuff on my plate are Proof of Heroes to ascend Emiya, gotta go back to story and get all that AP wasted.

I dreaded it at first, but now that the honeymoon's going to be over, I do miss having a ton of stamina. -_-;
Yeah, it is pretty nice right now. Not looking forward to trying for ascension materials once it ends, which is probably why I'll switch back to doing them after I level everyone up. I know events will eventually come that makes ascension material a breeze, but we don't really know when that will occur and I want to continue leveling my characters.

Articalys

Jeanne 60/60
Emiya 48/50
Hercules 40/50
Saber Lily 40/40
Ushiwakamaru 40/40
Jing Ke 30/40
Cu Chulainn Lancer 30/30
Cu Chulainn Caster 30/30
Medea 30/30
Kiyohime 30/30
plus some others who aren't as good
(and Shielder)
Feel kind of stuck now. Still don't feel ready for the expert daily embers. I guess I should try one 10x quartz summon to expand my options?

kayos90

Feel kind of stuck now. Still don't feel ready for the expert daily embers. I guess I should try one 10x quartz summon to expand my options?

Are you using Support? You should have a fairly robust pool of supports from friends that you can use to rely on clearing.

pahamrick

For awhile I couldn't reliably do the expert embers, using some high level friend supports helped on some days but usually I was doing advanced over and over and just using the 3* and occassional 4* XP cards to get my character to 50 or 60.. If you have the quartz to spare and wasn't intending on using it for something special, a 10x could help but RNG is a fickle mistress.

If you're lacking higher level supports, PM me your friend code and I'll send you a friend request. I've got a 70 Altera and 60 Gilgamesh, both with Kaleidoscope that should be able to help somewhat on days where they're useful.

OVDRobo

I'd say you're fine with the daily embers. If you have any doubt then you can go in with 3 command seals and get a free revival, plus with the 1/2 AP event you're losing even less with a failure and stand to gain even more with the rapid levelling it allows.

If you're still doubting things then Tuesday is Saber EXP day which your Emiya will have an advantage on.

Honestly, I'd run something dumb like Heracles/Heracles/Emiya. If you've got a Georgios (Saint George) lying around from friend point pulls then his first skill, Guardian Knight, functions as a taunt forcing all enemies to attack him for 3 turns. Pair him with a couple of decent Berserkers and you master's evasion command skill, and you can get through quite a lot without ever taking damage. Herc also has that 'dodge for one turn' ability after his first ascension to help survive, too.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Today's random expert daily quest is kind of tough. Actually wiped my first time because I picked the wrong classes as starters, then my Carmilla came in off the bench and she ate an 8K Hellfire immediately lol.

pahamrick

For using the lower rank craft essences as feed -- is it more economical to just max limit break them and then use them as feed or does max limit breaking and max leveling them better as far as xp to cost ratio goes?

Trying to work on getting more of my essences leveled up.

Articalys

I guess I'm reluctant to accept the fact that the game is designed around getting friends who have better luck than you powerful characters and using them as a necessary crutch to clear higher-level content.
It feels like cheating.

kayos90

I guess I'm reluctant to accept the fact that the game is designed around getting friends who have better luck than you powerful characters and using them as a necessary crutch to clear higher-level content.
It feels like cheating.

At this point yes but at a certain point you won't need to. Also, you're going to want to as events have certain CEs that boost drops and using your friends CEs for stacking the effect is necessary. You should be using supports. It's by no means cheating. You're just hindering yourself and making the game harder than it should be.

OVDRobo

It feels like cheating.

It's honestly a pretty good system for a gacha compared to other games. In this, whaling basically only benefits everyone because someone else's fortune becomes your own. In other games, there's usually some competitive element that gets destroyed by it and you often can't use friend units either.

For now at least, I'd try to see it as a makeshift solution. This early in the game's lifecycle no one outside of players that empty their wallets is going to have a good unit in every class. With the class advantage system being the way it is, it can sometimes be almost necessary to use servants of a certain class to clear content, or at the very least it can make your life a lot easier. Just use friends to patch gaps in your lineup for a while until you get a servant of that class that you're comfortable with up to a good level.

In a way, pulling Jeanne as your only 5* was also bad, because she sits outside of the traditional classes and is only good at not dying because of that and her skills.

It feels like cheating.

Jeanne is like the powerful character everyone wants to use though. If you have any art+ CE (even the blue black keys will do) try putting it on Jeanne and her power will sky rocket. Formalcraft Jeannes are amazing at dealing damage and charging arts at the same time.

Does anyone know how Rule Breaker interacts with invincibilty and evasion? Its been really good at dealing with Waver in the Daily by removing his defense buffs. If it works with evasion I'll be putting Medea into all my teams

Articalys

At this point yes but at a certain point you won't need to. Also, you're going to want to as events have certain CEs that boost drops and using your friends CEs for stacking the effect is necessary. You should be using supports. It's by no means cheating. You're just hindering yourself and making the game harder than it should be.
I'm using supports, just not the highest level ones available. Guess I'll switch to that.
In a way, pulling Jeanne as your only 5* was also bad, because she sits outside of the traditional classes and is only good at not dying because of that and her skills.

Jeanne is like the powerful character everyone wants to use though. If you have any art+ CE (even the blue black keys will do) try putting it on Jeanne and her power will sky rocket. Formalcraft Jeannes are amazing at dealing damage and charging arts at the same time.
These two statements seem contradictory.

kayos90

I'm using supports, just not the highest level ones available. Guess I'll switch to that.

These two statements seem contradictory.

Jeanne was one of the longest highest rated Servant in the game. I think she was 9.0 to 10.0 for like a full year because she simply didn't die and did good damage. I think the point others were making is that you have a good unit but not one that is damage oriented is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom