• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father and son kill neighbor in front of his wife because of a mattress (graphic video)

Horrible tradegy but the victim was really stupid and this looks like it could have easily been avoided.

I can understand why he was angry at them for brandishing weapons in front of his kids, especially over a mattress of all things, but it's probably not a good idea to repeatedly threaten to kill two armed men before walking towards them with a baseball bat. Such a waste of life...

I think one way to easily avoid things like this is not selling guns to people who got the short stick at birth. Seems to work pretty well everywhere else.

Also you shouldn’t do statistics based on race alone. You should take into account where these people grew up, what types of schools they went to and were they piss poor living near other poor folks. Somehow I think that African American stat takes a nosedive when you only take into account the middle class families and the ones that have succeeded in life. I doubt there are a lot of drive by’s near those neighbourhoods.

Last edited:

Pompi

But it's a hyperbole.
It's a correlation, not a causation.
How come Asians are so successful? They were also new migrants.
You could claim the reasons they are poor and commit crimes are the same.

Papa

Banned
I think one way to easily avoid things like this is not selling guns to people who got the short stick at birth. Seems to work pretty well everywhere else.

Also you shouldn’t do statistics based on race alone. You should take into account where these people grew up, what types of schools they went to and were they piss poor living near other poor folks. Somehow I think that African American stat takes a nosedive when you only take into account the middle class families and the ones that have succeeded in life. I doubt there are a lot of drive by’s near those neighbourhoods.

How would you define "people who got the short stick at birth"?

Top Bottom